Proposify Reviews

4.57/5 (205 reviews)

Matt Schaefer

Great in concept, but buggy

Reviewed 2017-04-11

We switched to Proposify from Bidsketch to solve a bunch of problems. Proposify is great on the surface and as an idea, but there are many things we don't like. Nonetheless, we're stuck with it for now. Pros: Proposify streamlines our proposal writing process, clean UI, pricing tables that do math. Staff is helpful and responsive. I love that we can spin up proposals very quickly with templates. It would be basically perfect if it weren't for the cons. Cons: This software is still full of bugs. There have been several instances where data has been lost, or unexpected behavior happens. It's extremely frustrating and time consuming when these bugs happen. I've probably submitted 20 bugs over the past month. Examples include formatting buttons that don't work, pages breaking and crashing etc. There are many features that leave us scratching our heads and asking either "why isn't this a feature" or "why IS this a feature? Examples: -You can add sales tax to pricing tables, but sales tax doesn't reflect in the totals. -Pricing tables are very difficult to customize -Pricing tables that are longer than one page cannot flow into a second page. If you do want them to flow into a second page, you have to create a special type of page from the start that can ONLY have the pricing table on it. -When you go through revision history, you see data from OTHER proposals that share the same type of section. -You can't format text in snippets. To see what it looks like you have to drag the snippet into one of your sections or templates. -The navigation is super clunky and not natural. I find myself clicking around a lot looking for things. ... and many more Bottom line: I want to have faith in this but I'm close to start looking at other options. We've had more than one catastrophic failure that has cost us tremendously and I'm at the point where I don't feel that I can rely on Proposify as a tool because I never can be 100% certain that it's going to work properly. Proposify should really take some time and listen to their users, and try writing some proposals themselves and experience the process. If they were willing I'd personally love to hop on the phone and talk through some suggestions for improvement, and I'm sure other users would feel the same way. I feel kind of bad for how much I've had to bother their support staff with bugs and issues. If Proposify improves, I'll come back and update my rating.

Read the full review

Anonymous

Good product but full of bugs and frustration

Reviewed 2018-10-03

Bitter Sweet... Used it for 3 years and won lots of work with it but it's sooo frustrating!

Read the full review