Proposify Reviews

4.55/5 (238 reviews)

Anonymous

Lovely proposal tool, but could be better

Reviewed 2019-04-09

Overall I like the tool, but it's a shame that there are a few obvious bugs that can cause frustration. Being able to approve proposals before they are sent is an essential feature and this handles it with some ease.

Pros
I love the ability to create proposal templates so that sales teams can create sales quotes quickly and easily. The ability to provide a review step is also key to quality control, and we use this all the time. Being able to see when a client has opened and viewed the proposal is also fantastic.

Cons
It can be a little buggy at times - we have multiple teams set up in the tool, but some staff work across the teams. This causes issues with Proposify, especially when reviewing proposals as clicking on the links in emails will ask you to sign in, but won't actually take you to the proposal. Even if you are logged in, it won't do this. I contacted support and they said it was down to the team settings and to create multiple user accounts for people who needed to be cross-team - this was silly as the pipeline feature would then break. The editor in the tool can also be a pain to work with - it's very clunky in parts and adding simple tables can be an infuriating experience.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

We're happy to hear that Proposify is helping your sales team is streamline their proposal process, and that the client insights is a valuable tool for your team!

We appreciate your feedback - our Development team is always working to improve the user experience and we welcome your comments. It helps us make Proposify even better!

Thanks for choosing Proposify, and happy closing!

Shane Stiles

Integrations and Options

Reviewed 2019-09-05

Utilizing Proposify has allowed us to speed up our project intake process getting more in the pipeline and spending time on things that make money instead of just busy work.

Pros
It was really important when we were selecting proposal software to have integrations and the ability to allow the client to make choices that didn't require that we adjust the proposal. Proposify gave us both. We use Freshbooks for invoicing and Asana for project management and it integrates with both! (unfortunately Asana is via Zapier only). It also lets us give options in the proposal for the client to pick things like # of years of licensing or change the amount of deliverables to get the final price they need. This cuts down on back and forth emails that frees us up.

Cons
I would love to be able to pay for the service on a monthly basis instead of quarterly. Not that it really changes anything in the grand scheme of things but it lets me better track our finances.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Shane, thanks for taking a moment to leave us some feedback. We love hearing that Proposify helps free you up so you can tackle other (non-admin) tasks - because time is money, right? Best of luck with any upcoming proposals!

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Jeffrey Hensley, CFRE

Improved my proposal process immensely

Reviewed 2019-02-24

Proposify is improving my close rate of clients and speeding that process up. It is a more professional way of delivering work proposals than email attachments. It also give me more control of the sales process.

Pros
Proposify reduces the time of proposal delivery to clients and generates a higher rate of acceptance. My clients no longer have to print, sign, and then scan the proposal back to me. They can review and sign it electronically, and I can track when they both receive and review it. The proposals also have a very professional look to them, again giving credibility to my business.

Cons
I have found that the PDF downloads don't always match the screen view appearance of a document, and this has created some problems to clients who like to print out a copy of the proposal for review. The interface also is a little quirky at times, especially on my complex layouts (charts and graphs). I recommend using their templates or developing your own.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Thanks for leaving us a review - we¿re so glad to hear that Proposify has had such a positive effect on your proposal process.

We understand it can be frustrating when some items shift due to file compression when downloaded as a PDF. We recommend reaching out to Customer Support (support@proposify.com) as there are usually workarounds for this and they are super helpful at ensuring your proposals look exactly how you want them to.

Happy closing!

EBIN ELIAS

One of the best tool to make your proposals more easily and effectively

Reviewed 2019-04-06

We can now track our proposals in time and followup with them such that the chance of getting them cold is very low. Proposify helps us to maintain a strong communication with the client and thereby generating more sales.

Pros
The best part about Proposify is that there is no need to search for templates on the internet that match your proposals, it has al the needy templates on the system. While selecting the proposal type the template design gets added automatically thus saving much time. We are also interested to see that a lot of third party integrations can be done on this tool like adding in Zoho platform etc. The major use case that we can see is the ease of creating a proposal and have the follow up done. Really a great tool to work with.

Cons
The major issue is that the pricing and the feature set is limited, saying we cant add more images to the layout like we had done on MS word. Please cleat this issues asap.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Ebin,

Thanks for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you're making use of the template gallery and the available integrations!

You should be able to add as many images as you want to your proposals (keeping in mind file size restrictions). If you have issues adding images to your proposals or want to clarify the maximum file sizes, be sure to reach out to our Support team in-app or via email (support@proposify.com). They'll be happy to assist you and make sure your proposals are looking exactly how you want them to!

Happy closing!

Anonymous

If you churn out mountains of proposals, this one is for you!

Reviewed 2018-12-16

If you are in the creative space and you have a need to remain fresh as you send out those proposals, don't hesitate, grab proposify

Pros
I love how easy it is to e-sign documents and send to clients. The added capability to send email notifications as soon as prospects view proposals is also a game changer for me. This well-designed customer touchpoints map shows me how potential prospects interact with the proposal and the auto follow-up button for non-opened proposals really closes the loop on proposal management. The easy to use client interface is also a massive influence for why I bought this software. I cant wax enough how the ability for us to view how long clients mulled at sections of theproposal also gives us future areas of improvements in our proposals.

Cons
I really dislike how the layout design is not easy to customise and there is a true lack of editable templates. One serious drawback is the pricing. As a small organization, our budgets are not unlimited( I really wish they were!) and thus the 5 proposal limit at that price really sucks. Another pain is that Collaboration as a team is a nightmare as it keeps overwriting changes made by others and omits some other changes or edits, then there is the dreaded formatting buttons that seem to take a life of their own when used.

Anonymous

Proposify for small business sales proposals

Reviewed 2018-10-02

Pros
The ability to track current and pending proposals that have been submitted and to see where each client is spending the most time in the proposal.

Cons
The lack of integrations. As far as we have been able to utilize the Podio integration does a great job updating it's own app but as soon as you try to incorporate internal data it gets jumbled. The problem here is that it cannot auto relate to an existing project and a project must be created before we can set up the proposal (as we must work out the pricing before creating the proposal). It could really use a clean up on the integration bit.

Matthew Niederberger

Helping automate my freelance business

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-09-18

Very positive. My need was to cut down in repetitive work in creating proposals and sending out contracts to be signed. An impressive feature is the ability to create dynamic proposals where clients can add on options and the total sum is adjusted accordingly.

Pros
This is a complete package. I needed a tool that would allow me to dynamically create proposals, but also send out regular documents like NDA's to be signed digitally. Proposify solves this for me and add extra features. It is relatively easy to create a document (proposal/contract) from scratch using their design interface. Even though it is a bit unintuitive at times, it gets the job done. Creating snippets of content for later use is a definite benefit. Even better is the seemless integrations with Harvest, creating an invoice from a proposal when it is signed, and importing contacts from Harvest. This automated approach is saving me a bunch of time.

Cons
No integration yet with Everhour, since I was considering switching time tracking solution from Harvest. No integration with Asana to create a project within a team upon signing, but this might be (too) nice to have :) No integration either with a tool like PieSync to import contacts in general.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Matthew, thanks for leaving us a review. So great to hear how Proposify is helping you create dynamic sales docs! We also appreciate your integration feedbackwe'll share it with our team. Happy closing!

Nate Schier

The Best Proposal & Contract Platform That We've Used

Reviewed 2016-10-07

After trying several other options over the last few years for our consulting business, we found Proposify and have been very happy with the platform. It has a number of great features, is quite reliable, and the team is always quick to respond or address any issues that we run into. The support is perhaps what I would emphasize most; our previous platform (QuoteRoller) was very poor when it came to support and responding/acting on feedback. Proposify clearly cares about what its customers have to say and is always working to make it better!

Pros
- Templates & contract modules (easy to 'slice up' and use/re-use only what you need) - Design and user experience - Reliability - Proposify team! - Flexibility - Tracking of proposals (sent, viewed, signed, etc.) - Email & follow-up templates/options

Cons
- Occasional issues with editing/formatting of contracts - Formatting of PDFs from the platform will sometimes be slightly different than the in-browser version

Dwight Zähringer

Great Starter Proposal Software

Reviewed 2018-11-26

We still use it today - we communicated heavily with the team on bugs. We have too much time invested with 10+ tempaltes and arfchive of proposals to make the move now.

Pros
Origionally it was the ease of use and premade tempaltes to use, digital sending and signatures. I am also fond of the reminders that can be sent to helkp push the cleitn along.

Cons
Complications happened when a forced push to new version in June of 2018 - the new version was littered with many bugs and many times work was lost.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Deanna Wallace

First Impressions

Reviewed 2019-08-17

So far we've been very pleased with the results we've experienced from using Proposify compared to old fashion pdf proposals.

Pros
As the sales director for website marketing services, I find that presenting a proposal can often be overwhelming, confusing or boring with the numerous available options. Having the ability to use checkboxes that allow the customer to select their services and see a project number has not only made the sales discussion much more effective, but our clients say they are actually having fun. It's turned an often stressful decision into an enjoyable and exciting experience.

Cons
There have been some issues with the text at the bottom of the page getting cut off in the preview of the proposal even though it looks good during development. Also, when creating more than one table on a page, it would be very helpful to have snap guides to match the width of a similar table on the same page or previous page so we didn't have to guess.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Deanna, thanks for leaving us a review. It's great to hear how Proposify has helped make your sales process more enjoyable and exciting! That's such amazing feedback. We also appreciate your constructive feedback - we're always working to improve the app to make our software an even more powerful tool for your sales team, so thanks for your comments. Best of luck with any upcoming proposals, and happy closing!

Shaun Adams

Does what it says on the box - well

Reviewed 2017-06-20

Time, we save a lot of time creating proposals and I save a lot of time by not having to review and fact check each and every proposal that's sent.

Pros
Proposify is easy to implement, to create templates, snippets (blocks of recurring information) and the ability to add our fee table makes life uniform and a lot simpler!

Cons
When editing some text and rich features in individual Proposals, the ability and feature set could be a little more advanced, i.e. the inclusion of a page break etc. Potentially an add-in to MS Word would be AMAZING.

Dan Hollis

A good product that is still be upgraded

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-11-27

This happens to be my go to software for proposals. I have tried a number of other platforms but keep coming back to this one. They are doing a GREAT job of adding features right now, so I would definitely give this a shot. I have found it to be worth going through the learning curve!

Pros
This software cranks out nice proposals. I used them about a year ago and it was cranky. They have made major improvements over the last year. They now have lots of templates that are usable with a variety of industries and purposes. The followup systems are much better and the editing functions are now a breeze.

Cons
Like any other software, it takes time to get to know it enough to be efficient. I am a learn-by-doing guy but this was not an easy ramp up. There are packets of services and products that you should propagate before you begin your process. Be sure to take the time to go through all the training or you will waste a lot of time. The wysiwyg function is a little bit kluge-prone, so check your proposals with a test email before you release anything to prospects

Alizah Epstein

Easy to use very flexible design

Reviewed 2017-10-07

Quick sign offs in proposals

Pros
allows for a lot of layout and design customization. Great template to choose from too. They are quick to respond with answers.

Cons
It would be great if you could hide the prices on individual line items and just show the cumtotal. Would like more reporting features

Dave Taillefer

Good but buggy

Reviewed 2016-04-15

I have been using this product for quite a while, and it has indeed increased our proposal writing efficiency... but that's maybe more a statement about SaaS RFP systems in general. Proposify has a caching system in place that can make editing documents problematic. I often find myself struggling for 30 minutes while formatting a single heading or a paragraph as the caching traps an error - frequently having to start over (new page) to resolve the issue. This has also occurred with addition tables (fee tables) as sometimes the math breaks (cached). Another point of frustration is a lack of a rollback. Ctrl-Z sometimes works but if you delete a heading or a line of text you will have to retype it out. Ultimately your work should first be applied in a text editor outside the Proposify platform. It's not all bad - I do love the content library and template system (huge time saver) and the use of text snippets so that you can quickly access reusable content. They offer good support and are responsive - and they do make continual updates and improvements to the system. The big issue for us is that it takes a while to set up your templates and content library - and jumping ship would be an investment. I recommend trying multiple platforms before committing.

Jenny Medeiros

Time-saving software for sending multiple proposals and contracts

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-12-28

Too much time was being spent on sending out proposals and it took a long time to get them signed. Proposify streamlines the whole process and turnaround has improved significantly.

Pros
Anyone who runs a business knows that sending out proposals (and contracts) gets tedious when you have to start from scratch every time. Proposify lets you choose a template or save your own custom templates for future proposals. You can also put your own branding to look more professional. The UI for creating a proposal/contract (it's 2 in 1) is very usable. Every section is listed in a column so you can click to jump from budget to scope instead of scrolling up and down until your fingers cramp. There is also a content library with sections you can drag and drop into your proposal. You can also save specific sections to re-use so you don't have to go digging for old proposals for content. I especially like the ability to e-sign it instead of using a whole other app to sign it. Plus the performance tracking is very appreciated. Overall a solid solution for most businesses of all sizes who feel like they're spending too much time typing up client proposals.

Cons
The email Proposify sends out with the contract isn't all that professional looking so I'd like more advanced design capabilities. The mobile app could be better designed too. You have to zoom in to see properly and overall it doesn't seem all that optimized for smaller screens.

Colin Hanley

Boon Agency, Galway, Ireland

Reviewed 2016-12-02

I love this software. Have tried many over the years, but Proposify is the best, by a country mile. Overall it is a breeze to use, a few glitches, nothing major. Editing text could be smoother but I normally have Grammarly running and I think that could be causing issues, again, they are small. Overall, Proposify is excellent, well done to all involved. Look me up if you are ever in Galway. Also, I hope you are working on an app, if not, lets talk!

Pros
Ease of use, the sales pipeline, suggested content, the contracts, contract signing, impresses clients.

Cons
Could be easier to manage fonts, text editor could be improved. But that's me really picking holes.

Jurie Weidemann

Afrilek - Feedback as requested

Reviewed 2017-04-28

I am not the biggest user of Proposify at Afrilek - but the times i've used it, i like the functions it provides

Pros
Templates, Libraries, signatures, tracking of views and time viewed, synchronisation between Proposify and CRM

Cons
Copy paste into proposals seems a little tricky, control over total price of proposal - calculated by what and how? Different options with different prices

Lauren Hallett

Favorite Daily Tool

Reviewed 2017-01-06

As our Agency's Business Development Specialist, Proposify is something I use on a daily basis. I love that I am able to set templates, review when and how often my estimates are open. LOVE this tool and tell folks about it all the time. Keep it up!!

Brook Alcock

Great Business Solution for Professional Proposals

Reviewed 2016-10-21

We've been using Proposify for about 6 months. I'd say once you have designed a few templates for your most requested services you'll be good to go! There are some generic templates which have some good meat but need some sprucing up and tailoring for your individual needs. I would definitely recommend Proposify to other business owners.

Pros
Gives a professional image when submitting proposals to clients. Covers all the legal wording with pre-templated options.

Cons
Can be slightly buggy at times but not enough to warrant non-use. Formating / designing your own templates from scratch is a bit overwhelming when starting out but becomes easier as time goes on.

Anonymous

It simplify my work enormously

Reviewed 2019-01-24

In my work we have to make presentations for clients almost daily and share them individually, administering the feedback and others. With this tool the task becomes really much easier, neat and effective.

Pros
I like the option that the client can mark the parts of the proposal that interests him and the price is automatically updated. Excellent Customer Support. You can digitally sign the business proposal and the design options are rok, they give you the chance to create a nice documents.

Cons
They can expand the design options much more, there are some common mistakes that are made when making a presentation and it is not always easy to correct them.

Patti Kappauf

User friendly with bells and whistles you'd expect

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2017-09-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Everything I expected to be included was there. We are a small growing business. It is really capable of handling bigger teams and projects like I've had in a former corporate life.

Cons
Too much for what I currently need. I wish they had a 'lite' version. I have a need to get quotes out which look nice and in a quick fashion. Much of it is template driven. Also - to integrate with a pricing tool would exceed expectations.

Helps with Proposals

Reviewed 2019-04-24

Pros
Has support for propsosals, contracts, quotes, e-signatures and payments for several industries.

Cons
I liked the templates overall but I would have liked a more extensive libary to use.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi there, thanks for taking a moment to leave us a review! We're so glad that Proposify is helping you improve your proposal process.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our template gallery. Our design team is always working to add more professional and beautiful proposals to our template gallery, so stay tuned! All of our templates are also customizable, so if you like parts of a certain template, you can definitely tweak it to suit your company and your clients' needs.

Best of luck with your upcoming proposals!

Skyler Bird

Proposify Is Professional!

Reviewed 2019-10-30

I use Proposify about once a week for client proposals and it has been perfect.

Pros
Proposify makes making my proposals easy and simple, and it looks like I took the time to design everything without actually having to do it.

Cons
The interface throws a lot at you at once and it takes a little getting used to. I could absolutely see this putting off a new user.

Ron Cunningham

Just buying but it's a great value

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-14

this will especially create transparency and protection for my client and my own business

Pros
It takes all the work out of creating impressive and complete proposals that can be used to sell, close, and retain clients

Cons
Haven't found anything yet! Who could ask for more than a free trial?

Anonymous

A good robust proposal tool

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-05-14

Pros
I liked being able to create different types of proposals for each line of my business, without having to do too much work. The templates are highly customizable and easy to create. It is time consuming to create a template, but once it is done, it is done.

Cons
It is quite a bit of work to keep it updated; you have to be using the tool every day. You can keep track of the status of each deal, and allocate it to work teams, but it was another task on my list of things to do. It would be good for someone in a sales position solely, but as a small business owner, I found it to be a lot of additional work.