Xactly Incent Logo

Build better comp plans to drive better performance

Xactly Incent Reviews - Page 5

AM

Andrew M.

Computer & Network Security, 1,001-5,000 employees

Incent - Saving our company time

Pros

The time saved on calculating commissions/pulling commission related data is incredible.

Cons

The user interface feels old, some of the features, or lack thereof, seem outdated.

TL

Thom L.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Xactly Review

Our overall experience with Xactly has been hit and miss. We moved to Xactly from Optymyze which was an easier software to navigate and make changes to our plan. Xactly offers a bit more flexibility but it is difficult to implement.

Pros

The software is pretty flexible which is needed for our environment.

Cons

The software very tech heavy and we have had to dedicate a person to keep the software processing each day. The software is in not self contained; we would like to use data out of connect in reporting but cannot its not available to analytics.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Decent

Pros

Sales folks always want to be able to track commissions. Xactly provides this with full functionality.

Cons

View options look antiquated and often times I am wondering how to get to where I need. Better solutions out there.

PK

Prajay K.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Using Xactly for one year

Pros

The functionality and the accuracy of how it calculates complicated commission plans for Looker. Its very easy for our Sales Org to go in and see their attainment, commissions earned, quotas, and accessing their compensation plans

Cons

As an administrator, there are some functionality issues I face, which make extracting the data for analysis sometimes difficult.

QV

Quinn V.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Xactly

Overall user interface could be improved but otherwise it is a very useful software

Pros

It gets the job done and everything is possible with the software

Cons

It is clunky and sometimes not very user friendly. harder than it needs to be

MS

Melissa S.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 2+ years

It could be better...

Pros

The graphs look nice and you can hover over the lines the see the numbers that make up the data.

Cons

I realize that most enterprise software depends on the implementation, but having used Oracle before this, I can honestly say I am less than impressed with Xactly. It doesn't have nearly as much functionality. I am just a user, but would not purchase it if my opinion mattered.

Phil L.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Easy to use and great customer support!

I've used Xactly Express along with Xactly Incent for a few companies now. I knew that when I started at Host Analytics a couple years ago, there was no way I was going to manage compensation manually in excel. Within weeks, I was able to work with the Express services team to get all of our plans up and running. Since then, I've been able to manage any of the new plans or comp changes made. If I run into any issues or obstacles, their Customer Support team has always been there to quickly respond and help me out. I'm a huge fan of Xactly and the Express product!

Pros

-Ease of use -Flexibility -Customer Support -Express services team -Integration/Reporting with SFDC

Cons

-Would like the opportunity estimator for numerous opptys at a time

DC

David C.

Machinery, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Tool

It's been a great tool for our company.

Pros

This software is a great tool for calculating and paying our very complex commission structure.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Xactly.

JY

Jim Y.

Biotechnology, 10,001+ employees

Xactly not recommended for Managing Payment of Commissions

Only being used to monitor Commission payments.

Pros

Nothing! Horrible user experience. Layout ridiculous!

Cons

- User Interface outdated. Not graphical. - Non-intuitive Workflow. - Display of details horrible.

Hi Jim, We are so sorry to hear do not recommend our product or interface! A member of our customer support team will be reaching out to you to help and get additional feedback. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

AM

Alisha M.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Needs improvement

using in calculating royalties, could be more user friendly, easier to set up rules etc. Doing a lot of manual because of limitations and or lack of help in understanding how to use.

Pros

convenience, calculating royalties, that's what i like about the software

Cons

not very user friendly, over complicated setting up rules etc. Customer Support do not seem very knowledgeable. Difficult getting help

PS

Paul S.

Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Pros

Quality and accuracy of reports. Ease of use

Cons

Price, price, price, price, price, price

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Xactly is a great commissions tool that is, for the most part, easy to use.

It enables a small team to track commissions company wide.

Pros

It's accurate and usually fairly easy to use. It handles a lot of variables. Makes it easy to calculate commissions for a lot of employees.

Cons

Some plans can be difficult to set up--have to rely too much on customer service for these. Too many issues come up that need fixing.

NC

Nattinee C.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

General Comment

Generally good experience. SW is stable and working well. Only 2 issues are hourly rate for new SOW is very expensive and time to start a new SOW is very long. After scope is defined and purchase order is sent, it takes another 2 weeks before Xactly can start working on SOW.

Pros

SW Stability. So far, the SW is working according to requirements

Cons

Time to deploy new SOW and also the price for new SOW is very costly.

KB

Kerry B.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excited to get the benefits, dreading the learning curve

Pros

I have not used the software for long enough yet, but from what I heard at Xactly Unleashed Europe I'm excited to use all the different areas. There is a lot of information on the Community Portal.

Cons

It is not user friendly - at least not to a new user. Some form of workflow or even a logical order of tabs would be helpful in managing processes. I'm sure once you understand it, it's great, but there is very little I have found that is intuitive. E.g. When adding a new sales employee; nothing guides you or gives you a hint of the order that you have to set up user, title, person, position, hierarchy. Missing 1 step in this means starting again.

SB

Scott B.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Managing my team

Love to see reports on my team before I pick up the phone to review with my direct reports

Pros

I love that I can spot check and cross-reference the totals in Xactly for my team I can easily educate them on how we came up with their numbers via the reports

Cons

Sometimes the passwords diminish and we are single-threaded to get a new password Would be nice to fix that

JM

Jannis M.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Average

Pros

Central location for compensation data is very helpful with my workflow and when I am working with AEs.

Cons

There is no distinct difference between general support and premium support. The only major difference noticed is that you can receive emails instead of communicating through the Xactly support portal.

Used monthly for 2+ years

it does what it says on the tin but no improvement have been implemented for years

The UI looks like it was made in 1995 , No improvement had been made in the past 7 years i've been using it since they have actually built it which worries me as a user as it seems that they aren't investing in the product anymore

Pros

- easy to find out your commissions in a few clicks - nice visual to see where you are on a monthly target - nicely connected to many backend systems

Cons

the software UX / UI haven't been improved for the past 7 years iv'e been using the platform so im not sure if there are any improvements planned.

Hi, Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our customers are extremely important to us. We would like to hear more and to share our recent and upcoming product enhancements. Can you please reach out to us to continue the dialogue?

Lindsey S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

There's Got To Be A Modern Alternative To This Dinosaur Software

Xactly is a very clunky old tool for managing sales commissions. It is not intuitive and takes a long time for me to try and figure out what I'm looking at every time I open it. The dashboards have never been correct, though I'd imagine that's the fault of our admin setting it up wrong. With a lot of brain power you can get the info you need, but it's a painful process that requires a lot of concentration. There's got to be a more modern solution out there that is easier for reps to use. This will get the job done, but it's not a pleasant experience.

Pros

I like having a platform that can show me my compensation and how it is broken out.

Cons

It is very challenging to use. Every time I go in there it takes a long time to figure out how to see what I need to see. It is not intuitive at all.

TB

Tony B.

What is it Xactly

Ability to view your compensation from a variety of dates. MTD, QTD, YTD etc.

Pros

Easy to view and see orders related to your compensation.

Cons

No direct link to orders in the system of origin. You are forced to cut and paste orders between the two solutions. We have SSO so you should be able to link back to the system of origin record from Xactly.

MD

Matthew D.

Used other for 2+ years

Review of Xactly Incent

Overall Xactly is a good product. It gives sales reps the ability to see how their payments were calculated and see any errors that may have been made. I recommend it.

Pros

It gives you full visibility into your commissions/bonuses/payments.

Cons

Sometimes you can spend a lot of time trying to reconcile where your payments are coming from. Not super easy to dig in deep, but the info is always there.

CP

Catrina P.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Incent

Very Good

Pros

It's very easy to use and navigate information is constantly updated.

Cons

I don't have any cons with this software

SS

Scott S.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Great, we use as a tool for sharing commission statements

Pros

Ease of use and ability to share information with reps easily. Monthly statements are no longer manual and it allows corrections prior to payments.

Cons

Difficult to integrate with other systems such as Salesforce, where we get our sales data from. We have also had some significant down time at the beginning of this year.

di

david i.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Xactly Review

Pros

The ability to consolidate a lot of our commissions calculations and processes.

Cons

I disliked the fact that there were no good shortcuts available for this software. Shortcuts help immensely in any platform and Xactly's blatant lack of shortcuts create a lot of bottle necks

JA

James A.

Computer Software,

Outstanding service and support

I have used Xactly for several years and the thing I have come to value the most is the level of support that they provide. Nobody else can compare. I always get immediate responses or resolutions, once I log a ticket. The app itself is wonderful. Reporting is a snap and takes only moments to generate. Sales reps and managers are able to review data real time and on a mobile. it's a win-win for all.

Pros

Once implemented and running smooth, calculations, reporting and maintenance are all a breeze.

Cons

The only con i have encountered is the initial set up and building of rules. Once that's all set, there are really no issues.

LA

Lynanne A.

Printing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Xactly Incent - A Great Tool for Commissions

Pros

Xactly is a great tool for standard commission roll ups, plans, payouts and reporting analysis.

Cons

Setting up a new year is time consuming and you need to know and understand all functions of rules, formulas in order to set up.