Xactly Incent Logo

Build better comp plans to drive better performance

Xactly Incent Reviews - Page 6

501-1,000 employees

Great software but a bit clunky and hard to make edits

Pros

One stop shop for all reps/managers! I love that reps have one place to go to get all their questions answered!

Cons

Clunky, hard to troubleshoot. It's really tricky to make the ncessary edits here. Any mid year changes to a comp plan require speciailits.

lk

laine k.

Gets the job done

I use Xactly Incent to track my commissions based on my business. Although the use case is fairly simple, I do think that the user interface could be more friendly.

Pros

When I do use Xactly Incent, it tells me exactly what I need to know. The use cases are fairly straightforward, and I haven't had to administer the product, but as a user, it is fairly user friendly.

Cons

I think that the user interface is a bit outdated on Xactly Incent. Furthermore, there are periods of time that the product stops working when the sync is occurring and I can't access any information at all - not even past records.

SL

Sarah L.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Xactly is a great tool to use for comp

I work in sales comp and use Xactly to help manage my sales team and ensure they're paid the correct amount based off the rates and quotas we upload to the system.

Pros

Easy to use and has a great UI.

Cons

There seems to be some issues that we run into as a user but not necessarily with the product but within our instance.

JN

John N.

Good tool, takes some time to setup, but worth it

Pros

Ease of loading large amounts of data, automation of commission calculations, eliminates the need to distribute commission statements

Cons

Formula/calculation writing is complex, we often have issues with the trigger functions, support is average.

DP

Diana P.

Old school

Pros

Easy to see commission amounts and multiple ways to create plans. Customer service is good. Not sure what else to write

Cons

Old school program. Needs a major revamp , need to click on multiple links just to get to a page to create a plan

KG

Katia G.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Great Commission Tool!

Pros

After the set up for a new year is done how simple is to calculate the commissions in our different plans.

Cons

It would be nicer for credit assignment you are able to upload the territories. It is a lot of work doing it individual since we have one by sales person.

John S.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Sales reporting

Overall, I'd like to be able to judge my performance and that of my team. This software offers some options, but is less user friendly than a report in Dynamics or Salesforce, and requires iteration to find what I need.

Pros

In the end, I can see the information I need, after a fashion and have the ability to drill into the details.

Cons

The software is not intuitive, confuses quota attainment and pay, and has a ton of irrelevant and unuseful data.

Katherine H.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ease set up. Was done internally with only need a few PS hours for assistance. Great support.

Saves so much time! No more excel and inaccurate data. Data pulls straight from salesforce.

Pros

Ease of use for our field reps: dashboards and reporting self service so that they can see their commission real time. Our field reps also really like the estimator on their opportunities. This allows them to forecast/gage how much commission they can make based on the opportunity's current amount/deal size.

Cons

Reports and Dashboards in Salesforce...instead we had to build them in Xactly for our reps to access in the application, this adds another application we had to train our reps on.

pc

phong c.

Overall

Good - even though Xactly is good system for calculation, it has many steps from many different screens to complete a task.

Pros

Organization of Sales Team Clear Hierrarchy

Cons

Ad-hoc reporting Screens after screens to complete a task

Nathan D.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Valuable product that offers a lot, however, customer service experience leaves much to be desired.

Pros

The ability to streamline the monthly variable compensation process creates a lot of value. The tool provides clarity for the Sales department. It allows them to see what they are being paid on.

Cons

The tool is difficult to use and scale for our company. In order to use the tool there is a lot of jumping around from tab to tab in the product. A more linear, step-by-step, approach would be easier to use. The customer service representatives also have not been quick to respond to questions. When they do respond their replies have been short and unhelpful.

OS

Oui S.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Learning Xactly

Too early to tell and I still need to deep dive and learn the tool to really understand sandbox, connect, analytics and production.

Pros

For most part when I upload manually, it updates instantly and fires daily.

Cons

Seems like it itsnt updating successfully the past few months right around when accruals/payroll is due. It seems like there is a bit of a lag before any updates transitions to analytics reporting.

RC

Riley C.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Track your sales commission with assurance

I am quite happy with how Xactly has been integrated with Salesforce to let me know how much I am paid.

Pros

I love how Xactly breaks down the source and deals of where my commission comes from to the dollar based on our compensation structure. I can easily see if I am getting paid the correct amount for the month.

Cons

The reports can sometimes be confusing and can take a long time to configure.

JM

Jason M.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

No more spreadsheets!

Pros

I like the fact that we don't have to use spreadsheets anymore. The manual, human error risk is removed, and we've seen a dramatic decline in payment issues. The users love their ability to see their earned commissions at any time versus waiting until the commission sheets are sent out.

Cons

It's somewhat difficult for the administrator to create new comp plans without a sandbox environment.

GC

Greg C.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Glad it wasn't my money

I don't trust the information that I find in the system because it changes by going blank for days.

Pros

With enough time and effort, I can usually find what I need.

Cons

convoluted. always updating. goes blank often. weirdly organized.

Hi Greg, We are so sorry to hear you are having trouble! A member of our customer support team will be reaching out to you to see how we can help. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

CR

Carl R.

Internet, 10,001+ employees

Pros

Great way for my team and myself to get an overview of our payments and achievement

Cons

Can be made more manageable when getting an overview of the team, the UI for this section can be updated

LM

Lori M.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to Use and Dependable

Xactly makes our lives easier by doing all the calculations on our commissions and easily creating reports for distribution.

Pros

I have used several different types of commissions software and this product has been the most reliable. Your competitors and home grown systems that I have used in the past have issues with consistently accurate results and reliability.

Cons

I feel that some features could be a bit more user friendly. The upload feature can be a little tricky and logins shouldn't have to be case sensitive.

MD

Marie D.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

It’s a mystery

It’s a mystery. No one understands it or can reconcile to to anything or understand when you will get paid

Pros

Nothing it’s not useful for us Extra characters required just to submit this

Cons

Everything it’s not useful Extra characters required just to submit this

Hi Marie, We are so sorry to hear this. A member of our customer support team will be reaching out to you to help get this resolved. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Easy to use, great functionality for a SMB company

Our company has been using Xactly Express for almost two years and have no intention of stopping. It was easy to configure and the support team is incredibly helpful. As a small company with less than 10 variations of comp plans, the Express product is a great fit for us. We saw a huge reduction in the time to took to process commissions this month and a huge reduction in disputes (sales v. finance) because our accuracy has improved so much. Our reps now have visibility and real-time reporting and don't have to rely on outdated spreadsheets to see where they stand each month.

Pros

- Easy to configure - Cost efficient - Fully integrated with Salesforce.com

Cons

- Not designed for a fast-growing organization - at some point we will outgrow and will need to go to the Incent product - Sometimes calculation times and page loads are slow (but still way faster than doing it manually!)

TT

Tricia T.

Salesforce Survey

n/a

Pros

I dont love using Exactly. I've had to use it at the past two companies that I have worked at.

Cons

Very confusing. Im not ever sure on what my commission payout will be.

Lydia W.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

we had to switch to SPIFF

Pros

it integrated directly with salesforce! Absolutely loved that.

Cons

It was painful to use, setup and customize and the reporting was really hard to read

Hi Lydia, thank you for submitting your review. We are so sorry to hear you find our software painful to use. A member of our customer support team will be reaching out to you to chat with you about these issues further. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

RW

Ryan W.

Xactly Incent Review

Has been pretty good overall

Pros

Relatively easy to navigate the software.

Cons

Can be difficult to see where you need to go to dig deeper on data

BA

Bill A.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

We are still ramping up to get running in Xactly.

Pros

We are still very much on the beginning side of our experience with Xactly. We face internal reporting issues that we are working to solve to make it a more seamless transition to load plan results into Xactly. We will be better equipped to speak to this survey in a few months.

Cons

We do not really have any negative comments at this point as we have not yet stressed the system. As stated above, we are working to clean our data and our process that will allow us to better use the tool.

VP

Valerie P.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Limited Review

Pros

It provides our financial bonus structure and rewards.

Cons

We only receive the email to review approx. 4 times a year and once the window closes, the information is no longer available.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Needs An Update

Pros

It is very easy to see revenue details, commission details, etc., in Xactly. The functionality to see the breakout between regular commission, bonus, and kickers is great.

Cons

This could REALLY use a facelift. It is so basic it doesn't look like anything more than an old Excel spreadsheet.

Xactly is a great tool!

I have used Xactly since 7 years and I have seen it grow tremendously into an agile product constantly striving for improvements with every monthly releases. It makes it easier to administer sales performance and encourage sales to track their performance easily.

Pros

Easy to Configure plans and rules.Transparency of data and payments for the payees. Automation of data feeds and calculation.Effective dating to allow multiple change of scenarios for a payee in a given pay year. Routing of plans and audit trails.

Cons

Analytics requires a good understanding of data model/bit of technical understanding behind custom queries to run reports. Data refresh is 2 hours after a calculation which is a stretch when you have payroll and accruals strict due dates.