Bitdefender GravityZone Logo

Bitdefender GravityZone

Security & risk analytics platform with threat intelligence

Bitdefender GravityZone Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.73/10

See full reviews by rating

It's the best way to immunize your computer against all sorts of attacking viruses, malwares etc. It keep your files secured even from internet malwares and has offered me the best security so far.
The password wallet is awesome you have all sorts of options in it to access your accounts with ease and security. You get 3 computers coverage with one payment or you can also use it on your phone.
It is so easy and customer friendly. Anti-ransomware, and customizable solutions for how big business is.
This is frustrating when you have more than one admin and each one has to customize and set up their own reports, dashboards, etc. It's also confusing that each admin only sees their own tasks.
About 1 and half years ago, one of my team members made the mistake of opening a fake attachment in an email.

EF

Emily F.

Account Manager

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Product for the Price

Transcript

Emily: Hi, I'm Emily. I'm an account manager and I'd give Bitdefender GravityZone five out of five stars....

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best Security Solution for the Computers

Overall when you need a reliable solution for your computer Bitdefender come in first place.

Pros

When it comes to security Bitdefender offers good virus protection to your computer. It has built in firewall, web protection, email protection, ransom ware protection and etc. All these services are getting updates daily. So you can keep your trust on BitDefender without any doubt. Its has very nice user interface which can be easily understand.

Cons

Therr isn't much cons to say anyway some times it uses more resources of running the software. However all that is for maintaining the system security.

Natalie W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Total Security.

Just great to have peace of mind when it comes to online security.

Pros

This software is like having a personal guard on your laptop, it does everything to keep your laptop safe and secure in the background without you having to even worry about it or give it a second thought. Once you do the initial set up it seems to work in its own way I guess it just read what you're using and monitors the sites you visit. Very secure have had no issues with viruses or any breaches of security on my laptop.

Cons

I did find for a few weeks after I set up the software I had a lot of pop-ups from the software checking if certain sites were ok and when I was using documents or forms asking if I wanted them stored elsewhere or giving additional security but this passes I assume the software learns about your practices and is able to judge what to do with certain things, so I see the pop-ups rarely now.

SB

Steve B.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Very good product

Our email is very secure so we have been very pleased with the service.

Pros

We primarily use the product to prevent viruses and malware through email. The Email Security does a great job with our Google Workspace

Cons

Some features and hard to setup and requires a good deal of technical knowledge.

Armando I.

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Complete security suite

In General I feel safe as an administrator and user. In the event of any attack, I am certain that it will be identified by Bitdefender and blocked.

Pros

With Bitdefender I can manage all the computers on my network and provide the necessary security. Comply with the policies of access to company resources and ensure the information as well as foresee the loss of data. Forense Inspection its a very usefull module.

Cons

Sometimes the maintenance of the equipment is usually tedious, the browser becomes slow and I have to generate custom reports continuously.

Gd

Giorgio d.

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Not for a SOC but very good coverage of Microsoft Windows endpoint threats

Pros

Good malware and advanced threat detections (non signature-based techniques, fileless protection, sandbox analyzer, network attack defense with the eXtended EDR, etc.). Multi-tenancy options, APIs advanced integration with several SIEM platforms (we tested the integration with Sumo Logic). The attractive price point (if compared to other EDR vendors).

Cons

The Linux coverage is less than optimal. Some tests failed and the attacks were not detected by the BEST agents or reported to the GravityZone web console. The problem is due to the strong kernel dependency of the agent. Limited interaction with the remote endpoint with the remote shell (a very small number of commands and functions are supported, if compared to other solutions more SOC oriented). Limited custom blocking rules (e.g., YARA support), and guided investigation.

HA

Harvey A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

High quality Antivirus and Endpoint Protection

Very efficient, low performance impact, provides both signature and heuristic detections, simplified management and central console, easy to deploy en masse.

Pros

Ease of deployment, manageability, centralized console, easily scales to thousands of devices, very robust classic antivirus and signature-based detections, low rate of false positives

Cons

Does not fully protect against 0-day and next-gen threats as comprehensively as a true next-gen EDR product

KB

Kevin B.

Financial Services, self-employed

Great comprehensive security suite for the price

Provides additional peace of mind by allowing me to secure multiple devices. You still have to use common sense when it comes to protecting information but this helps

Pros

In my industry, I deal with sensitive information and security is of the utmost importance. Bitdefender allows me to secure the multiple devices I use to run my business. It's VPN allows me to use my work laptop away from home. The price is fair for what you get. It also comes in handy when you misplace your phone or laptop as you can use it to locate and lock your device, or worst case scenario even wipe your laptop clean if it was stolen

Cons

I wish the base version came with unlimited vpn. other than that there isn't anything I don't like about it

DV

Daniel V.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Good Reviews but Not Wonderful

I would not buy Bitdefender GravityZone. While it has a reputation as the best, I find it to be limiting and a little invasive

Pros

My husband swears by Bitdefender and uses it always; he is in IT. It will keep your computer airtight in regards to viruses and spyware -- It creates a very secure computer

Cons

The security is extreme and interferes with my computer use. I am a photographer and when I share the computer with my husband, I have multiple problems with photo transfers and uploads. Bitdefender tries to protect me from myself! At least someone is, I suppose.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

The lightest security agent you can find.

I have been using this software for years, both personally and in enterprise environments, and it's performance has only improved with time. We have top notch protection against viruses, spam, Trojans, etc. and never have a complaint from any user that has the agent installed in their machines.

Pros

It offers really great security for your computers and network environment. And on top of that, it's extremely light on resource consumption, you will never notice is there and it won't slow you down in the slightest.

Cons

I can honestly not think of a single negative thing to say about it.

IS

Ian S.

Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees

Confident in its abilities

Our company has installed bitdefender for some of our customers, its is very east to manage and the billing process is very straightforward particularly as you just bill for computers with it installed rather than worrying about what contract you're on

Pros

Bitdefender has a good reputation for discovering viruses that other AV software misses Often use it to help clean up an infected machine alongside other AV software Easy to manage and easy to bill

Cons

Caused problems on a Windows 2003 Server making it blue screen when trying to copy files to it over the network

Richard S.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The Best Antivirus for windows and mac

Pros

I have this software on both my mac and my windows computer. While Macs don't get viruses, they do get tons of malware if you travel to illegitimate websites. I noticed that when normally browsing sometimes my windows computer will redirect to malicious websites or sometimes I simply land on websites that have been compromised. Bitdefender does an amazing job of monitoring my web activity and blocking malicious websites. You can see in the log just how much malware it prevents. That is why i'm very happy with this software. For my Mac computer, I run it once a week to make sure I don't have any issues. On my windows its on 24/7

Cons

It's not very lightweight when scanning the computer. My computer lags like crazy when I run a full system scan. Once it's done, it's back to normal.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Budget minded security for a small office

At the end of the day, BitDefender gets the job done, and I am confident in the job that it is doing to protect a small computer network. If it is your choice for antivirus needs, be prepared to spend some time getting to know the ins and outs of the Gravity Zone dashboard system.

Pros

BitDefender was one the better rated security programs I found when researching a new option of office that I help out with IT needs. And it is very cost effective for small businesses as it had the best pricing to license a smaller number of devices.

Cons

I find the GravityZone dashboard to be a bit cumbersome. You really have to work through it to get the hang of it, which is true of a lot of programs. But the layout and functions for deployment and monitoring systems feels a bit convoluted in execution. I think there are ways that it could be simplified, streamlined, and made for a more user-friendly experience.

E-Learning, self-employed

The best, least intrusive protection

Pros

Bitdefender has very effective and comprehensive protection with a lot of appropriate automation, so that's the basic need, but what I like most about this software is that it is not intrusive, never slows me down or makes itself known except when there's a problem. Very well designed.

Cons

Compared with other software, I can't think of what I like least. It does its job well, secures the machines and any associated devices, and keeps itself well updated. No complaints, sorry!

Jennifer A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Disappointing Customer Service

Great product, poor customer service.

Pros

It protects my machine from all kinds of viruses.

Cons

I was overcharged and when I reached out to customer service they were less than helpful. The charge was on a old, closed account. I could not access it and to prove I had been overcharged I had to contact the bank and go through an entire process which was very frustrating. Customer service at Bitdefender was frustrating to deal with and less than accommodating.

MW

Maria W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Bitdefender makes me feel confident

It's been nothing but sunshine and lollipops with Bitdefender. Truly, it is comforting to know that my devices are protected from hacks, malware and ransom. It's a great product.

Pros

Bitdefender is easy to use, it automatically updates its virus library, has pop up notices when a suspicious event has been deterred.

Cons

There isn't anything I can think of that I dislike about it. Perhaps if it were free?? Just kidding. Of course there is always room for improvement with any product, but Bitdefender is nailing this.

CD

Chanika D.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

A High-Level Anti-virus

Gravity Zone is an impressive antivirus that offers high-level protection against computer viruses, spam, email threats, and web threats.

Pros

Gravity Zone enjoys a free trial that new customers find helpful and it’s compatible with Mac, Android, Windows, and iOS. The platform is also easy to use and enjoys 24/7 live support.

Cons

Gravity Zone lacks capabilities for vulnerability scanning, even tracking, and intrusion detection. This might be a concern for most users, especially beginners.

Kyle K.

Bitdefender is a great antivirus

Pros

There is a free version. You are able to see each computer that you've installed this on in your bitdefender account dashboard. It has great detection. It works with the software at the office that is used to monitor employees by enabling exceptions in the antivirus.

Cons

Some times there are issues getting updates and there is an error message that will pop up repeatedly. Some times rebooting fixes it, some times you have to uninstall and reinstall it.

RR

Richin R.

Events Services, 201-500 employees

One of the Best out in the Market

Pros

Most affordable application out in market.

Cons

The navigation in some way I feel little complicated to understand.

JM

Jorge M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Cheap and keeps you virus free

Pros

I loved that you can always get a good deal for a one-year subscription to get three computers safe and sound. I like that it is not constantly bugging you with a million reminders and notifications.

Cons

I wish it was more thorough at explaining all of its functions. Once it is installed, it runs well. However, I wish I understood better how the VPN secure or Safepay actually works. The notifications pop-up, but I dont feel safe enabling something right as you are making a payment or joining a network. So, a simple walkthrough would make a big difference

RS

Remus S.

It's one of the best, if not the best!

Pros

I have been using Bitdefender for a very long time. In fact, it is the only antivirus solution that I have ever used. It has evolved so much... It is both complex and easy to use. What I like most about it is that it does its job silently. Literally, you just install it and then forget all about it!

Cons

Technical support is no longer what it used to be. I mean, a fortnight can go by before someone notices you.

MD

Manix D.

A good antivirus for a cloud base, it's better than other on that basis.

The global monitoring is really interesting, I save a lot of time with the GravityZone.

Pros

I really like the possibility to manage and track all the antivirus of my clients. It shows the infected PC in a second, and I am able to start a scan remotly, get the PDF of the results. So I can show it to the manager after. I really like to have the opportunity to block some website without other softwares or devices.

Cons

The interface of the GravityZone is boring, and sometime a pain to search for a hidden option. They also rename some term in their own.

Andre L.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Full business antivirus

With BITDefender I managed to minimize the amount of problems with the operating system and data loss, either by viruses or invasions.

Pros

With a very wide range of control and analysis tools, it is possible to manage websites, accesses, devices and many others.

Cons

Not necessarily a problem, but the access menu could be simpler, or allow you to use something like bookmarks.

AA

Anghelus A.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Real security solution

Pros

Easy setup. Good malware detection. Impressive response on suspicious activities on end points.

Cons

No cons. Working with pain versions everything is ok.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Internet Full Security at much less cost!

Thankful for quality internet security! Buy with confidence!

Pros

The highest quality of security to protect our computer network from invasive viruses, keep computers running in an efficiently optimized fashion. All for much less cost than bigger name companies that start with N.

Cons

nothing - so happy that we changed over to Bitdefender. We are pleased.

CW

Colin W.

Hospital & Health Care,

Great product for any business. Keeps me secure from any malware.

Great software for any customer. Strongly recommend for businesses.

Pros

Very easy to set up and manage. Product can be updated on any devices under the account and can be done remotely which is very convenient for remote employees.

Cons

It's a little costly but is comparable to the competition. The software has a lot of updates which can be frustrating for some.