Cisco AnyConnect Logo

Cisco AnyConnect

Virtual private network (VPN) to secure remote access

Cisco AnyConnect Reviews - Page 3

Easy and Fast VPN

Cisco AnyConnect has been a stable VPN solution for our organization. We use multiple instances of the software and it works very well for us currently.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Quick VPN Connections. VPN speed is acceptable. Multi platform support is a big plus. Connection is always stable.

Cons

Location select option is not available. Pricing is higher than the competition. Disconnections happen when multiple users connect.

A much needed app for working from home

Great

Pros

Once set up, it can connect to your office network at startup automatically and unlike vpn services, it doesnt toggle speeds.

Cons

Configuring the settings might be overwhelming with all the technicalities and no easy to use guide, but once its set up, its definitely well worth it.

Defacto standard for VPN works nearly flawlessly

just works. always, anytime, every time.

Pros

Compared to other Mac VPN packages I've used, AnyConnect is so easy. As a user, you can connect anywhere to get your work done. AnyConnect has never crashed, and is so reliable even if the internet connection is not. I rely on AnyConnect to get my work done and I truly appreciate not needing to drive into the office. I can leave work on time, and finish up in the evening after kids are in bed.

Cons

On VERY unreliable internet connections, AnyConnect will give the impression you are still connected when the connection has indeed gone done. It will sometimes be able to auto -reconnect your VPN, but not always. In those cases, you need to close and restart once you stabilize your wifi. (Move closer, etc.)

Easy to use VPN solution

Secure VPN Solution for your workforce

Pros

This is a easy to use VPN solution. It can be setup in a matter of minutes for the most basic of connections and get users VPNing into your infrastructure. But it can accomodate the most demanding users too. The client is very robust traversing a multitude of different NAT and Firewall combinations to make a stable connection back to your corporate office. They offer support for all of the major operating systems including Linux, Mac, Windows, Android and iOS. It has become one of the most common VPN clients in use today.

Cons

Can be a little pricey to maintain software maintenance on. Requires an ASA device to be an endpoint for the VPN and to my knowledge there is no virtual ASA available.

Excellent solution if you're looking for a VPN

This software has made life a lot easier in this pandemic and I don't see another replacement for this product. This software is awesome and easy to use and integrate to your daily life. If you are looking to use it, don't hesitate!!

Pros

My organization uses cisco AnyConnect to let us remotely and securely access our work computers from home. It can easily connect and disconnect with a click of a button, and you can seamlessly integrate it with SSO. There is no drop in internet speeds whatsoever when connected using Cisco AnyConnect. Connect your laptop or PC to WiFi and login to Cisco AnyConnect using your organizations domain, do an SSO and boom you're connected. As easy as that.

Cons

Sometimes Cisco AnyConnect disconnects from my organization network. That only happens when I've been logged on to it for over 8hrs. But you can always connect back again. This happens to me once or twice a month.

Cisco AnyConnect Review

Decent experience. Any flap in the connectivity and it just reconnects automatically.

Pros

Easy to set up and very lightweight app. User friendly UI.

Cons

Inability to store or have a history of connections

Secure VPN Software

It's a very secure solution if configured correctly. I would recommend it to high security businesses.

Pros

Being a financial institution, security is our number one concern. We implement 2 factor authentication with Cisco AnyConnect and it works very well. I have full control over the protocols and ciphers used. Typically once a user understands how to work the software, it works well.

Cons

Certificate based authentication can be tricky, it isn't as intuitive as a Microsoft RAS VPN or DirectAccess which are built into Windows. It does have a feature that allows you to log on to the VPN before logging into Windows, though if you use 2FA software on the PC you can't access it. And you'd have to type in your credentials twice to get into windows.

Stable, safe and reliable VPN

It is part of my everyday tasks. One client that can connect to many Cisco VPN solutions, it is great!

Pros

I feel safe when using Cisco VPN to connect a customer's network and do my job. With AnyConnect, I can use it to connect to different setups the customer's may adopt. Not everybody has the same setup and I need to use to different ones everyday. If I would have to use a different client for each setup, it would be a mess. AnyConnect helps a lot in achieving this goal.

Cons

Sometimes it can mess with my network settings mostly by conflicting with other VPN clients that I have installed (from other manufacturers). But it is easy to solve by installing these conflicting clients in Virtual Machines and working from inside it.

Simple and Easy

Pros

For this software, we use their phone products. I have used it the entire time at my current job, and my previous job. I like how easy it is to use. It's really simple to make calls, receive calls, transfer, and so forth. I really like the layout of the phone, and the speed dial functions that are easy to set up and navigate. The history feature is great, and holds the history for several weeks-it is also very easy to filter through.

Cons

I don't know that I have found anything I dislike about it. I think there are more features I could be using, but I don't know about them. Like most products, there are always more options. Overall, it's very easy and simple to use.

The application that brings office network to my home and allows me work at home

What is to be expected from a VPN application? That it must have low delay and high bandwidth. That's pretty much it, no configuration or customization or UI is neccesary. The user needs a simple button and that's it and that's what AnyConnect offers just fine. I connect to company network to use our GPU Server even when I am at home and I don't feel any delay or lag at all. It does the job just great.

Pros

It provides low ping, high bandwidth, very simple yet job doer user interface with simple and single connect button. These are all I need.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike, it does the job just fine. There's something I had trouble with but it's about the other application rather than AnyConnect. When I used MS Office applications with AnyConnect, Excel sheets often crashed.

Solid product for secure remote access

Overall the product has been very successful for us and provides our end users with a relatively easy to use product for secure connectivity.

Pros

We can easily deploy VPN to all of our users either from our VPN headend or manually. It allows easy integration with our 2FA solution and offers modular install of desired components.

Cons

Sometimes there are reasons it won't connect as expected and does not give an indication as to the reason. Working with support often has language barriers that make troubleshooting more difficult.

A secure connection every time

AnyConnect helps to make working from home a possibility. It is mostly reliable, and connects to my company's secure network with ease.

Pros

AnyConnect is a quick and easy way to connect to your company's network when you are working from home. It's just one extra step beyond how you would log in at the office. It's also supposed to be secure, and I've never seen any reason to believe it is not. Using AnyConnect, I can be confident that no prying eyes are accessing confidential content I'm working on.

Cons

Once in a long while I have hard time getting a connection--even when my home Wi-Fi is up and running. This is rare, but it has happened. And the issue is usually resolved quickly.

VPN Necessity

When working from home, we have to use Cisco AnyConnect to connect to our company's VPN network. I'm not a fan of the GUI or lack of usability but when there is a strong connection, I only have to connect once and it just goes into the background. I do like the automatic re-connection whenever it loses connection.

Pros

On a good day, Cisco AnyConnect manages to connect me to one of our VPN channels for the entirety of my workday. I do like that it automatically connects and tells you the status in a thinner window. Once you do it the first time, it's not too hard to connect with this tool.

Cons

I don't like the GUI--too austere, tiny windows with small fields and a terribly underwhelming and indistinguishable color scheme. When my company made the switch to have everyone WFH, suddenly our VPN network had to split off into 3 channels to be able to accommodate everyone and boy, it was slow during the first month. I wish there was a message on the window reciting the stats of which channel is best to connect to for faster speeds.

A useful software for Internet connection

I pretty much love using the software because it makes my life easier. I don't need to go to school just only for downloading several papers and then go home. I can work by the same way as that I work in the school. And this even increases my working efficiency and productivity. I will highly recommend this software to my friends and colleagues!

Pros

I used AnyConnect this software for the VPN connection. So most of the time, when I work at home, I should have the valid IP to download the scientific paper, like in the school. So I mainly use this software to achieve this goal. And the connection speed is quite fast and there is no delay even if I browse several websites at the same time. I can definitely say that I enjoy using this one for the professional activity.

Cons

What I like least about this software lies in how to use it at the very beginning. When I just started to use this software, it took me some time to figure out the settings, functions, and so on. For me, it is not really easy to use it at the very beginning, but after that, I think everything is good.

Fantastic VPN client that allows non-educated users to easily join the VPN without additional steps.

Constant awareness of my VPN connection. Easy access without additional steps to connect/reconnect. Automatic updates when the admins decide to update.

Pros

Easy as use as entering user and password. No complicated messages: user can rapidly know the status of the connection. If the connection is interrupted a pop-up is displayed and also starts to automatically reconnect (pop-up if succeeded).

Cons

When the admins changed the version, all the users got an automatic update pop up without enough information of the change. Non-educated users panicked since the update window could not be closed. The application should have a predefined (easy to understand) message for these cases for the users.

Easy to use once installed and if you have 2fa ready

I previously used an older version of cisco vpn several years ago. This version is definitely more of plug and play verses the other use which required knowing the specific ip address of your targeted connection. My institution has set up this software so that when we download to our devices it lists the two viable vpn servers to use in the drop down menu. It does have a limitation of 5000 connections...

Pros

All in all once you have a shortcut created it is easy to use and runs in the background essentially. You are creating a firewalled encrypted tunnel to the server you are accessing. Up to 5000 users at once for my institution. Several years ago another cisco vpn product required direct connection to specific site you were going to access, this is an improvement.

Cons

Limitation of 5000 users is a possible problem at my institution. With students and employees there are more than that many possible users at one time. It is not likely, but the IT staff recommends a hit and run approach with our usage. Know what you need to do ahead of time and do it and then log out. The 2fa verification is double fold. If you don't have a physical fob/dongle to provide key code, you need to log in once, then it sends code to your device/email and then log back in with your info again and give code.

Seamless until it isn't

While I can only evaluable AnyConnect from the user perspective, I'd say that it's a pretty reliable and simple-to-use option for connecting to a remote server.

Pros

As an AnyConnect user, I appreciate that I can dock the application to my desktop and then access my VPN with a few clicks. When everything is set up for you by IT, there isn't much I need to worry about.

Cons

On the one or two instances where I opened the program and the VPN details weren't pre-populated (as they usually are), it was quite a process to track down the correct information and get connected. This has been extremely rare over the 4-5 years I've been using this program though.

Quality VPN

We roll out AnyConnect, which has managed our simple auth and MFA options nicely. There is a limited amount of configurations in the UI. We can roll it out for general download fairly easily, but it's quite difficult to find any downloads not off the ASA itself. This is a really nice tool that configures pretty easily and deploys quite nicely off the Cisco ASA.

Pros

We can configure it to be managed by our HaaS provider. They manage updates and configs as we request and the vpn users just login and let their updates roll out on login. This is quite nice to serve out over the Cisco ASA. Cross-OS compatible and works very well with Windows 10 for every release so far.

Cons

Could be more intuitive in the end-user's UI. Slightly limited when it comes to configurations, it was easier to set up cert-based auth on the old Cisco VPN that is no longer supported.

Effective protection for remote PC's

I have had very good luck and am able to safely use public wifi with this product. I like that I can safely log in and then use local laptop software in public places without the hacking threat on high!

Pros

We primarily use AnyConnect to enter our network from outside the company firewall. The tool creates a secure VPN link to allow us to work remotely or in a public place with safety to prevent bad actors from gaining entry. It is very easy to use, which is important because it is deployed to all users carry laptops.

Cons

Really it works nearly every time I use it, and I have never had a security breach while using the software.

Extra Safe and Fast VPN Client

Everyday at home i use it to connect to company network and it works incredibly well, fast, safe, lossless ... I can continue to work anywhere i go with this simple to use tool, in my laptop and in my mobile devices as well, so , do you want a VPN client ? Sure you do, you want Cisco AnyConnect!

Pros

Well, this is a VPN client which our company uses, and i have never had a problem with it and most important i never heard no one complaining about it. In a company where more than 100 co-workers use VPN to connect when they are not in the facilities and no complains is just awesome. I use it to connect to our company network anywhere, it never failed.

Cons

Can't say nothing bad about this. When you get a VPN you want 2 thing in my opinion, Safety and Good Connection Without Losses, this is just what you get using AnyConnect

Cisco AnyConnect is an excellent VPN product

AnyConnect has been critical to success in remote work over the past year especially. This has given us the flexibility to offer remote work options for employees to maintain productivity levels regardless of where they are.

Pros

Configuration is easy with an Active Directory network. We have created a VPN group that users can be placed in who need access to this tool so it is very easy to manage and maintain.

Cons

Cisco is almost always the most expensive solution, but they are best in class, so it's part of the gig. I wish it weren't necessarily that way, but nevertheless if I have to pick something I don't like, it's that.

Good for VPN work

For the most part, other than the initial connectivity issues I have run into, AnyConnect works pretty solidly. There is nothing flashy about it, which I consider a good thing when it comes to the process of connecting to wifi, and I get a good sense of security from it.

Pros

Gives me the ability to connect to our business's network remotely through a VPN. Once I am in, I stay connected until I either disconnect or shutdown my computer, which is nice that I don't have to connect constantly. Additionally, I feel like it keeps my computer pretty secure.

Cons

Sometimes, when it searches for available wireless networks, it will return with nothing, which I know is not the case as I am in an area with several local networks to connect to. I think some of it may be from my Surface Pro, (which, let's be honest, has plenty of it's own issues,) but sometimes I will have to restart my device a couple of times before AnyConnect will find the available wifi in my area, even if it is one that it has connected to before.

AnyConect -VPN solution

Cisco AnyConnect is a secure option for the enterprise and I would recommend it as it has made the work easy, and one can log in from anywhere and complete their office tasks at any time.

Pros

Cisco Anyconnect affords all-around access to employees to their company's network. It allows employees to connect from other networks even while traveling and using your mobile hotspot. It gives any user secure access to the enterprise network from any device, at any time and any location.

Cons

I have faced connection issue many times, which requires a pc restart. sometime it could be disturbing while you are in the middle of an important task.

Fine, but could use added functionality

Pros

I like that it's a simple interface. There's not much going on. I select one of three available connections, enter my password, and it connects. It's not complicated.

Cons

I wish that it was up a little bit in terms of connection stability. If my internet connection falters, I wish that there was a back-up type function where the VPN connection would linger, similar to a laptop battery. If I get a little wind at my house, even if the internet doesn't actually go down, my VPN is constantly dropping. It should be able to run on limited internet connectivity. It's frustrating that it doesn't. It's very finicky.

AnyConnect - Security you can trust

Pros

Cisco AnyConnect is a free VPN application that you can use to connect to any Cisco VPN servers. This is not only a VPN, but also comes bundled with a load of other unique features like web security, network access management, telemetry and many more. Cisco AnyConnect allows you yo manage VPN tunnels that enables the client to automatically make secure connection whenever the computer powers on. It fully supports TLS v1.2 which included handshaking and certificate authentication. Cisco AnyConnect relies on JRE to be preinstalled in order to function as intended. Using Cisco AnyConnect is super simple and easy. Why not give it a try?

Cons

Currently have no cons at the moment as the app does what matters to me.