Cisco AnyConnect Logo

Cisco AnyConnect

Virtual private network (VPN) to secure remote access

Cisco AnyConnect Reviews - Page 5

VPN Excellence

It was simple to deploy, worked quickly and easily and is very secure. We are very happy with this implementation.

Pros

This was an easy system to deploy, run and set up on the user's end. We had virtually no issues with users installing and setting up their VPN Access. We even integrated it with an RSA provider and had no issues. We are much less concerned about data security now that our employees can all access the needed network resources quickly and easily.

Cons

The user interface is minimal, but it does have some annoying notifications when you first connect. Once users are familiar with them, however, no issues arise. None of our users have complained about its functionality.

Excellent VPN

Overall, I have had a positive experience and I believe if you are in need of a VPN service you should try Cisco AnyConnect

Pros

I have been using Cisco AnyConnect for about 4 years. I have nothing but praise! Cisco Anyconnect also hasn't lagged with the increased number of employees working remotely through COVID 19. As a user, I cannot complain. It has allowed me to securely connect to my companies servers with no issues.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes. Cisco AnyConnect is a great VPN software and you can feel secure using it.

AnyConnect review

Overall, I have been using this software for multiple organizations to authenticate for VPN connection. It has easy to work with UI and works just quite well to reconnect automatically for temporary VPN failure.

Pros

1) AnyConnect VPN client software is very to install. 2) Easy to work with VIP access and authenticate for organizational account. 3) Also love the way of software update installation.

Cons

1) Sometimes VPN password get messed up and need to reset. 2) Sometimes need to restart client software when need to switch from wireless to wired network.

Awesome tool to connect to company VPN

Quite content and satisfied with its usage and it is used across a lot of big tech giants

Pros

1. Reliable and secure network connection to access company resources especially for wfh 2. Provides global connection options per country 3. Makes VPN connections convenient and easy to deploy 4. Certificate is well encrypted with keys

Cons

1. Some glitches can really hamper someone's workday and could require IT support which can waste a lot of time though such glitches and connectivity issues are rare

Work From Home - Need something simple - here you go!

I use Cisco AnyConnect every day as I run my call center call board and it is hosted in my home office, I also use a VPN IP Phone that also goes through this same VPN so without this I can not function at home to do my job. We have used other VPNs in the past and they all worked the same pretty much but my employees have to use another VPN URL in order to accept credit cards for service and it was super simple to implement versus past VPN software used.

Pros

Once Cisco AnyConnect is set up by IT it is super simple. Straight to the point and easy to use. Then when modifications need to be made this is also simple to implement.

Cons

There is nothing to not like about this software as its true purpose is to connect to your office network and get your work done.

Cisco AnyConncet is a secure VPN

Used it as a student at Clemson to connect to our EduRoam connection from off-campus locations which is necessary to assess many university resources (like the shared drive or software stored on the campus network)

Pros

The VPN is a really small program, not intensive on the computer and runs fairly seamlessly in the background. The VPN connection is pretty stable too, the customer service is decent too

Cons

Any small disruption in the network can throw off the VPN, which cancels downloads and such. As I understand the subscription is fairly expensive too

Should be called Cisco Work Anywhere

Overall it has made working from home very easy and i can literally work anywhere. At a friends house, at my parents home, you name it!

Pros

Our company has been using this software for VPN even before the pandemic. Now more than ever are companies having to adapt to the new remote working world. Cisco AnyConnect offers the ability to work ANYWHERE.

Cons

We added a module where the system does a scan before remoting in and for some reason that takes a minute to do. Not the worst thing but a bit annoying.

Easy VPN Connection

The program is lightweight and can be enabled when you need it, but turned off when you wish to stay off the company network.

Pros

Setup was a simple process to get users connected to the corporate network while in the field. You could download the software and point it to the VPN server or download it from the external management website and it would have all the server information setup already. This allowed us to give users a link to the webpage where they could follow the instructions.

Cons

If on a cell connection and signal was temporarily lost, occasionally it would not auto-reconnect. This can cause some headache with end users trying to access corporate information.

Easy and simple

Overall it is a very simple VPN software which can be prefered for business.

Pros

Cisco AnyConnect VPN is a simplest VPN software which my business purpose. You only need to choose servers from dropdown menu (which is already defined by IT) and then click to go. I have not experienced any issue with speed of connection which is all the same with and without VPN.

Cons

Users are not allowed to personalise the option incl. typing different server is not shown on dropdown menu which are not available or locked by IT.

AnyConnect review

It has been very positive so far. As explained above, it is very handy, easy to use platform to connect with the work from anywhere in the world.

Pros

It is a Cisco proprietry software that allows connection to VPN. It is very easy to use, one button pressed software. I have been using this software since 2014.

Cons

I don't think there is anything to dislike about this software. It very well aligns with the requirement of corporate world. I have been using it for quite sometime now ~5+ years, never felt any feature to dislike about.

VPN Connectivity made easy

Pros

Ability to configure settings to accommodate your VPN connection needs. The small footprint application is able to save profiles for each connection so that reconnecting to said network URL is seem less. Can reconnect automatically when your local connection fails or has intermittent connectivity.

Cons

Sometimes connection issues pop-up or the service fails to start, which requires a PC restart on the client side. Recommend keeping firewall side and client application versions up to date.

Fast, secure and easy

After the lockdown our Company that never experienced work from home options, set up the system and we got used to it pretty good. The security experience that CISCO is providing is very important.

Pros

It works perfectly with Windows and Mac OS, very secure, practical in use, simple and what is more important RELIABLE.

Cons

It requires good connection of internet, otherwise it will get you out and you have to wait until the session expires, as the system thinks you are still connected and gives you "you have no dial in permission" error. This is annoying sometimes, could be better to connect the user each time they try to connect and disconnect current sessions if any.

When security matters

Security and access to local corporate resources while business travels and home office work

Pros

You can securely access internal corporate resources over public networks which is very handy especially because you can use it on your laptop and mobile phones. It uses VPN which means your device is always in your local network, even when it's outside of it.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to configure it. You need to have good IT specialists to get it up and running but once it's done then no other problems occur.

Must have for individuals working for different institutions and from different locations

Overall, AnyConnect is a fantastic and intuitive piece of software—one of which would make my job much harder if it weren't around.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it allows me to connect to the various institutions that I work for in order to access particular files and softwares that would be inaccessible for me otherwise. This software is an elegant solution to a simple (but important!) problem.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it will occasionally time out, or log me out. When this happens, if I am working on a file or using a software that is on a different server, then I am often unable to continue working or even save the file.

Great VPN connector

Pros

This is a great tool for connecting to a network that uses a Cisco ASA. Easy to set up and a onetime download can be used for multiple connections (although not at one time)

Cons

Sometimes the software running in the background will create a lot of event logs and sometimes hog resources. Does not have a default disconnection on it, and I have been know to forget to close it, and leave my VPN connect open for days. .... Just checking on it now, and I am still connected to a VPN from last week.....

Cisco any connect one of the best and fastest connectivity tool

We are using it to securely connect to our organization’s vpn making the system and data reliable and secure from cyberattacks

Pros

Cisco any connect is really easy to use. It’s launched automatically once I login and connect to available network, all I need to do is provide my key and password to connect to the vpn which it does real fast

Cons

Use of both certificate and domain password. I think they can do away with domain password as I already logged into machine providing the same

Reliable security with VPN to company network

Very good. We were leery to switch to a system like this for extra security protection because we thought it would come with a time consumption cost, but were pleasantly surprised that it did not.

Pros

Ease of use. Two clicks, your company password, and Defender password from your phone and you are in! Two step security for protection, but also very convenient.

Cons

Sometimes if you delay the Defender password too long, you will have to request a new one, but that really isn't this software's fault.

Easy to use VPN portal.

We use AnyConnect for all our VPN needs. Our field techs like that it just works.

Pros

AnyConnect is super easy to install, log in to the portal and down load the client. From there it is really quick and easy to establish your vpn connection. Point it to your VPN in the simple Connt box, put in your creds and enter. VPN made simple. Also works well with DUO dual authentication.

Cons

Does not usually automatically update. Most of the time you have to manually update to the newest version.

Great VPN software for our business

My company requires VPN access for remote computers to use many of their systems. It's not fun to have to log into the VPN every time for so many things, but this software makes it as easy as it can be.

Pros

Easy to install and connect from either PC or Mac. Only disconnects when the Internet connection goes down, but then will auto-reconnect when it comes back up.

Cons

Not easy to install or use for personal use. My company uses this on their computers and had a hard time getting it to work on additional computers that I needed.

Very easy to use

I didnt encounter any problems and its a very reliable software. Very easy to use and can be used anywhere.

Pros

Really easy to setup and use. Very safe to use and can be used anywhere with any internet connection. Allows me to work remotely with the same ease that i have in my office. Auto-disconnect when there is no activity for a while.

Cons

Pricing, it is fairly expensive but you get what you pay for, which is knowing your users are safe when they connect to your servers from outside the office.

VPN for your company

It's fast, does exactly what I'd except it to do. There are some connection drops, but not to often.

Pros

Best thing about this application is ease of use. It really does take like 30 seconds to get to know it. I have not noticed any issues with connection speed while connected to AnyConnect too!

Cons

I'd appreciate if AnyConnect could connect automatically to the predefined VPN location every time I turn on my computer, without having to enter my credentials every time.

During Covid19 it became most used app in my company

Great, it works stable for 2+ years. I've been using it every day and i found it stable. Sometimes there are hickups with RDP but it is not related to Cisco AnyConnect rather then internet conection on Edge parts of network.

Pros

It works. Integration with domain is straight forward. Software does not requires updates often and it works from PC and mobile devices

Cons

Activation process is complicated. Not suitable for remote scenario. You have to bring device to IT department is really pain i the a**

Secure Login to Companies Network

Overall, it has been great using it. It rarely has any issues and it is very easy and very fast to log in.

Pros

I really like using Cisco AnyConnect because it allows me to connect to the companies network, having access to the intranet and servers which allows me to work from home like I if I am working onsite. I really love having access to everything myself and not have to rely on people having to email me things I might not have access to.

Cons

In occasions while working from home I have had to restart my internet so that I can access the VPN through Cisco AnyConnect specially when I have updated my password.

A small tool to help you in secured connection

My over all experience is really good as it is easy to use and reliable. It provides great flexibility as you can connect to your office tools easily with in a minute.

Pros

Its helps you to use company resources or tools when you are not on the company network with high security.It gives multiple security services to protect the enterprise. It has many features like remote access, posture enforcement, web security and roaming protection.

Cons

When any connection problem occurs difficult to get it fixed as no troubleshoot details provided. Sometimes it is very frustrating due to reconnecting issue while fluctuation of internet. User interface is not very good.

Telecommuting made easy

Pros

With Covid forcing a lot of our staff remotely, this gave us the opportunity to connect remotely to our secure networks. This enable us to work seamlessly from our homes or our work PC's. We felt safe using this product no matter how sensitive the wok flow was.

Cons

There is sometimes an issue where the the software states it is connected but it would force you back to the login screen. After a 2nd login in seems to work as intended.