Cisco AnyConnect Logo

Cisco AnyConnect

Virtual private network (VPN) to secure remote access

Cisco AnyConnect Reviews - Page 6

Anyconnect, a Robust VPN client

We used this as our main vpn application for desktop and mobile. It had it's share of issues, but was overall very solid and easy to administer.

Pros

Easy to set up from a user perspective. Gets the user up and running quickly and easily. There are a variety of options available.

Cons

For a less tech savvy end user, the options are sometimes overwhelming in how they are presented. They sometimes update the app without any notification and change the wording of screens that commonly pop up, causing confusion.

I Use this EVERY day, and it's so easy - I forget it's there.

Over, great - I use it every day to remote into work - and it's super effective for everyday business needs.

Pros

I love how effortless this software is. I use it to remote into my office each day, when I boot my up my machine a friendly little window opens up letting me know I'm connected to my office and files.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how it interacts with my 3rd party anti virus files, as programs like Avira will often throw up accessory warnings that my hosts file has been modified, and blocked.

Secure Remote Client

Using AnyConnect I am able to securely connect to my companies internal network from anywhere. This is ideal for traveling or working from home. I'm not sure how complicated it is for a company to set up, but as a general user it's very easy to set up your personal key and use the software.

Pros

Easy to use Provides a secure connection to our enterprise from anywhere

Cons

Occasionally our security certificates expire which prevent a connection until they're renewed. I'm not sure if this is from Cisco's side or our internal side though.

This tool provides a safe and easy to use VPN access to ensure a secure and clean workspace

Overall the experience has been very positive.

Pros

Cisco AnyConnect has been absolutely pivotal in our ability to work from home and has been the main way that we've been able to login to our VPN and have access to our work systems. It's worked well and has been slightly unreliable recently but it's been over all very reliable

Cons

Nothing, this tool can't really improve much in terms of it's features. It does what it says it would do

Reliability of Cisco AnyConnect

Overall it has been nothing short of a very consistent experience using this application.

Pros

What I like most is mostly how effortlessly it allows us to create a secure connection on Harvard campus, whether we are on campus or working from home, it has been very reliable and I love that.

Cons

What I like least is that at times it will fail to connect, but this is often due to network environment issues and less to do with the application itself.

Cisco AnyConnect is a good software

Its been a great experience as I have been using it for around 1.5 years in my company.Its secured and supports mobility in a very easy and elegant way.

Pros

It's very easy to use and you can switch to any VPN (configured by your IT department of the company)as per usage or any specific use case if need to achieve. Best thing is that we have to just enter code generated by it and password to hop to that VPN, and there is a mobile application of any connect for better experience and mobility.

Cons

I wouldn't consider at con as in my use case Internet speed is not that good so face slowness issues sometimes.

Sole Secure VPN provider for Military

Great and reliable experience unless there is a weak internet connection.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable, and quickly establishes a safe and secure VPN environment anywhere you are, regardless of whether your traveling nationally or within an international destination.

Cons

It can sometimes seem clunky and hard to identify weak internet connections with to establish a VPN connection. Almost like establishing a LAN connection in the early 2000's.

Cisco AnyConnect Review

Pros

I have used this tool at multiple companies. It gives you a secure virtual private network that can be used when working remotely or on my cell phone with their app It's really easy to use and helps you feel more secure when working with private information on my home computer/phone.

Cons

I do find that it slows my internet speed considerably when using it. I have to drop if I want to take calls over the WIFI as it makes the call have latency.

The solution to have everything from the office, but anywhere else.

Thanks to Cisco Anyconnect, all employees were able to stay connected to the databases and on-premises applications in our data center, but from our home. Since in this period we still cannot return to the office, this solution has helped us a lot.

Pros

Anyconnect is not only a VPN solution with the company, but it also allows you to maintain security policies implemented in the company while at home. This maintains business security wherever you go and connect to the internet.

Cons

The first time you use it, it can take a long time for the policies to be applied, however after this first step, it is really simple and fast to use.

Stay Connected in a Remote World!

My overall experience has been great! This is a great tool to stay connected and work remotely.

Pros

If you are on the Cisco Network, this is a great tool to stay connected to your on premise servers and systems. This is a very beneficial tool to stay connected to work even when you are working remote.

Cons

This system can be costly and its more beneficial if you are on the Cisco Network. If you are not, there are definitely other options.

Easy VPN connection

Overall experience using Cisco Any connect VPN is very good and it helps me to connect to my customer network easily

Pros

What I liked the most about Cisco Any connect is it is very easy to connect to Vpn just by adding the connection url and hostname and password, it secure the password as well

Cons

What i liked the least about Cisco any connect is once my computer goes on sleep, it automatically disconnect from VPN, which is problematic sometimes

Simple, Easy and Worth VPN

We are using CISCO VPN for 3 years in our company. We have not received any security problem after established CISCO VPN. SO this VPN provide point to point connection. Therefore, redundancy and reliability are solid. Overall, we recommend CISCO VPN to use in the company and personal environment.

Pros

- UI has been designed for technical and non-technical staff also. - Point to point connectivity. - Reliable under CISCO. - No complexity in design.

Cons

- While the Internet goes down, the connectivity will be lost.

Cisco AnyConnect a stable piece of software

It powered my VPN experience for 4+ years and was, for the most part, very stable and just worked without any issues.

Pros

The stability of this software is it's strength. VPN works best when you don't notice it at all and that has been my experience for the most part with Cisco AnyConnect, it just works.

Cons

When it doesn't work it can get frustrating. The software doesn't offer very good guidance about you, as a user, can troubleshoot anything about what is going wrong.

Most Secure VPN for Your Daily Connectivity Tasks

Over all it is the most preferable VPN connecting property with ease of access features and also very secure user experience too.

Pros

Cisco Any-connect having great one click connectivity tunnel to your client servers and machines. It is very secured network property with ease of access too.

Cons

First of all you required a high speed internet connectivity, Because it is makes trouble while connectivity if your internet speed is not up to the mark.

Cisco anyconnect allows me to easily work remotely.

Ability to work remotely and access all company data and systems.

Pros

Cisco anyconnect is easy to setup and use. Additionally the ability to select multiple networks makes it easy when you have multiple systems to log into.

Cons

Anyconnect can be unreliable at times. I've had several instances where I've needed to reboot in order to reconnect with a network. This could be caused by many sources, but I've noticed it happening more with anyconnect than other VPN softwares.

One of the best VPN client

It helps in securing the network and authenticate the user systems by connecting to the VPN. It is a useful and required tool used by many organisations for security purposes.

Pros

Cisco Anyconnect is one of the most popular and useful VPN client. It helps in connecting to any VPN host quickly and provides a nice UI tool to modify VPN host easily.

Cons

It is not easy to check the logs and troubleshoot the issues from end user's perspective to identify what went wrong while connecting to the VPN. Sometimes, in case of any connectivity issues, it just disconnects and does not outputs the entire console to the UI.

It does what it’s supposed to

I use AnyConnect when I work from home. It has worked extremely well as I have worked from home the past 3-4 months due to stay at home sanctions.

Pros

There is an auto-choose feature working AnyConnect where it can select the best server for connecting to. This worlds great as it can handle the VPN server loads and know which one is best to use for the day.

Cons

The network speeds are slower since its not on a local LAN but over VPN instead. The program itself is great.

Excellent VPN solution, easy to install, configure and maintain.

Allows myself and other end users to securely remotely connect to our private network. Product works well with all types of network/internet connections.

Pros

Configuration file is remembered by the system. if you may need to remove/reinstall your previous configuration will still be present. Very Stable

Cons

None. Previous versions of Cisco VPN had been hit or miss on ease of use and stability, but All of the past issues have been addressed in current releases , no current issues.

Great for Working Remote!

We use Cisco AnyConnect to log on to our company's secure server, so that we have access to files and systems when working remotely from home.

Pros

This is great for when you're working remote and easy to login and use. Doing so allows us access to our company's server so we can work efficiently from home when we need to.

Cons

I've never had any specific issues. Service has cut out before, but I'm not sure if that was a Cisco related issue, or our company's own server.

Secure and Reliable!!

Pros

A very simple and easy to use client yet highly secure in the background. It provides you a stable connection with not too many disconnects. It is really easy to setup for a new user without much help.

Cons

Can take a little bit while connecting at times but that depends upon the stability of your internet as well. The connection resets after 12 hours which can get annoying if you are working long hours.

Excellent. I can't say enough how well this software works. It just gets the job done, securely!

AnyConnect gives me a secure way to access my network from anywhere in the world.

Pros

This client is very lightweight, It uses great security measures and makes using a VPN a breeze. It takes literally no experience to be able to use this VPN to connect to your corporate network when needed. It really doens't get any better at any cost.

Cons

None. I cannot find anything at all that I do not like about this software. This software is perfect in every aspect.

Never Lets Me Down

My entire company moved to work from home during the pandemic and I thought I would see problems arise with an influx of users. To my surprise it was business as usual. Great program!

Pros

Reliability. I have used Cisco AnyConnect for work for 4 years. I have only had an issue maybe 3 times and they assisted our IT department swiftly to get resolutions.

Cons

I have yet to uncover something that did not function as it should with this hardware.

Quickest way to connect to work network

My overall experience is very positive. This software allows me to work from home or access my employee page on my workplace's website.

Pros

I love how easy it was to set it up on my laptop and how easy it is to use every time I need it. It also connects really quick. I liked that I could do all the setting up from home during the first lockdown.

Cons

I've been using it for more than 2 years and so far I never had any problems.

Connecting people with Cisco

I've been using this since the pandemic started. Helping me a lot working remotely from my home. Securing our company communication with top-tier SSL VPN.

Pros

In my experience using this for almost 1 years, I never experience any lags and my team can actually get stuff done with Cisco AnyConnect. It's easy to use and available on various platforms like Mac, Android, and Windows. Even in poor connection this app still working flawlessly with the exception of some input lags.

Cons

The User Interface looks outdated and needs some improvement. I don't know if anyone experience this, everytime I updated my Cisco AnyConnect on Windows, the app tells me to reboot my PC, in my opinion this is very annoying. Other than that is software is great

Reliable VPN

Pros

I've had no issues with my VPN telephone which uses CISCO. I do love that my voicemail can redirect right into my email inbox, so I don't have to actually listen to the messages. I also often will respond to messages from the VPN phone, directly from my gmail account, which saves me lots of time!

Cons

I find it difficult to get through my voicemail through CISCO, as there are a number of key-combinations/codes.