Cloudflare Reviews - Page 3

Glad I Discovered This!

After having used Cloudflare for over a year, I'm happy to know that they are continuing to grow. I feel that their role as a CDN has improved both the speed with which my website loads to viewers as well as security they provide for the backend of my site. Within the past year, I was witness to live DDoS attacks on my site thru 3rd party security software. When this took place, I was able to change...

Pros

Ease of use, features provided.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the time of this writing.

Cloudflare is a must for anyone who has a website

We have been using Cloudflare for many years and will continue to use both the free and paid products offered by Cloudflare and its VPN service and free SSL.

Pros

Cloudflare is simply an amazing company with great products that keep all of our websites running smoothly. Before Cloudflare we was always struggling to keep our web servers online, now Cloudflare does all the heavy lifting for us.

Cons

I struggle to find anything negative about Cloudflare, but I do wish to learn more about using the Cloudflare products on our websites and in our business.

Cloudflare is a good tool to manage networks and their security

The Cloudflare platform allows us to identify the behavior of our visitors and bots, which other types of common analytical technologies are not capable of. Its WAF function gives us the protection of our DDos and SSL certificates, thus also protecting website owners and visitors from any online threat. There is not much to say that we have not said before. Cloudflare seemed to us from the beginning a great investment, full of labor advantages. The ease with which we can integrate the cloudflare platform to other services through the use of API tools has turned out to be very convenient. Totally recommended.

Pros

Cloudfare provides a fairly customizable open API, and its encryption system is safe for sites whose purpose is to protect intellectual property. Cloudflare has a convenient system for creating web traffic reports, and allows prioritizing threats to our website. Cloudflare is a network protection service highly recommended to carry a secure management and without problems. Its use is highly recommended for businesses with large networks, in order to avoid material losses. This platform is considered indispensable for web security.

Cons

Its system for tracking extraordinary events is not very customizable. It is quite limited when it comes to the removal of spyware, and can not do analysis of the vulnerabilities closest to our page. In addition, it does not offer protection guarantees for attachments, or anti-spam filter for emails.

Great CDN with much more to offer

We use Cloudflare as a CDN, when we first set-up we ran into some errors, but support helped us create rules so the cache did not affect the admin panel of our site. Cloudflare helps us save on bandwidth and if our server goes down, delivers a cached version of our site to users.

Pros

Very easy to set-up and many web hosts offer a one click set-up through CPanel. Free Plan offers all websites need and upgrading to a paid plan is very easy. If you don't know what something is, their team gets back with you right away.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about Cloudflare, you can run into some problems when you first set-up if some rules are not set-up properly. They should offer plugins for CMS suites for flawless integration.

A quality Content Delivery Network CDN at super affordable prices.

The initial setup is really fast, even some hosting providers already offer it included in their annual plans. We who use the Enterprise version takes just a couple of hours to implement on a new site, relying on notifications in case something needs our attention.

Pros

From time to time we create websites for events or projects independent of our main business line, so even though we need an additional level of protection to that provided by the hosting, at CloudFlare we implement at the beginning of the project and we forget with the peace of mind that we are in good hands .

Cons

The costs of the Business plans are somewhat high compared to the competition, but the Pro or even the Free in some cases is enough for the not-so-extensive needs of simple projects.

Affordable and feature-rich CDN

Pros

The wide choice of features, and the quality of the basic free service

Cons

I have no negative notes to make about this services a this time

Non existing customer support

I have used their services for many years and would recommend them to anyone with the patience to find out all the available and very useful services on their own. My last, very frustrating experience has ruined the positive experience of previous years. I had to move the site back to the original hosting losing a significant amount of time.

Pros

I have to admit, when it works, it is an amazing solution to load your website quicker and get better SEO scores.

Cons

Generally, no support exists. I have sent 10 emails begging them for help with one of my website which suddenly had an IP issue. The site was down and not a single response arrived. 10 emails in 10 days. The worst customer service experience ever.

An easy to use, flexible zero trust solution

I have been using Cloudflare from its early days. It's easy to use, with a good feature set. Their responsiveness to online threats is great. The WAF is flexible and gives me full control of what comes through to our servers. Their Zero trust initiative (Teams, Access, Gateway) complements the web security features nicely and we use it for business and at home (Gateway DNS).

Pros

- Flexible configuration - Easy to use dashboard - Responsive support (mainly for paid accounts) - Frequent opportunities to beta test new features

Cons

Using Cloudflare is easy but you will need a minimum knowledge of concepts such as DNS, CDN, firewall, security to effectively use the platform.

Cloudflare é um serviço necessário a qualquer website

Atualmente utilizo o cloudflare em todos os sites próprios e também nos sites dos clientes do serviço de hospedagem de sites. Além de melhorar a segurança e a velocidade do acesso ao todos os sites também foi possível economizar no tráfego de cada site uma vez que o cloudflare faz cache da parte estática do conteúdo.

Pros

O cloudflare deixa os sites mais seguros a medida que atua como uma camada intermediária entre o usuário e o site, além de distribuir o conteúdo geograficamente utilizando CDN o que torna a acesso ao site mais rápido. As edições de registros DNS são instantâneas o que torna o serviço extremamente interessante mesmo no plano gratuito.

Cons

Disponibilizam somente dois servidores DNS para configuração do site, além disso todos os sites da mesma conta recebem os mesmos servidores DNS, seria interessante ter mais servidores DNS ou a opção de escolher quais servidores usar a fim de evitar que uma empresa com múltiplos domínios concentrem todos os sites nos mesmos servidores.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

A must have for security and overall peace of mind

Pros

Pointing my site to Cloudflare is one of the very first things I do while developing a self-hosted site or when taking over an existing site that either suffers on the performance or the security. This is a classic scenario to face while developing a Wordpress site, the client shows up with a slow and unsafe site, using Cloudflare in this cases is a life and time-saver. With a few clicks, you can...

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the lack of customization of the 404 and 500 error screens on the free plans. But I guess is fair enough since their plans are not that expensive neither.

The Best Web Performance and Website Security Company

I have four top-level domain names, and the nameservers of all these websites are pointed to the cloudflare. Now the speed of my websites pages is really better and perfect. Now I feel that the content of my websites is really secure. I really like the incredible features of cloudflare like Page Rules, Analytics, DNS, SSL, Firewall and other options.

Pros

Cloudflare is a professional and famous platform, that allows you to improve the performance and speed of your website. You can use SSL security certificate option and there are lots of other features that are really useful and incredibly good for your website content. You can enable a lot of optimization option like image resizing, auto minify the javascript, css, and html.

Cons

I am using the Cloudflare and I have found it extraordinary best for my websites. Because now my users are really satisfied with the speed of my website. So according to my experience, there are no cons.

My Website Security Assistant

I've been using free version of cloudflare for a over three years now and I have to say that they are one of the best CDN providers out there. Not only do they offer free SSL, but their performance is top notch. I've never had any issues with their service and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable CDN provider.

Pros

Cloudflare provides all the things that I need to run my websites. Free SSL's, free CDN and DDOS attack prevent for a website at no cost. Not much option is available in the market for services they offer at no cost.

Cons

Sometimes DNS propogation process take a significant amount of time.

Easy and Reliable

The few times I needed Cloudflare support, they were quick and helpful. Cloudflare made website management much more manageable!

Pros

DNS is difficult to understand but Cloudflare takes out a lot of guesswork. Since a lot of traffic is proxied through Cloudflare, SSL is also incredibly easy to set up. It's DNS scan feature is very accurate, which is really helpful since I'm working with clients who have their own domains but we manage the DNS. Page rules are an added bonus to create some set up "add-ons" that make a lot of our requests easy to manage. Overall, my favorite feature are the email alerts for when a domain's nameservers no longer point to Cloudflare. That allows us to provide invaluable customer service for our own clients.

Cons

The recent UI change made adding DNS records a little more tedious. Some of the features (e.g. Always Use HTTPS) aren't as prominent as I think they should be since security is so important.

What i think of Cloudflare

Cloudflare has saved my business from over one million attacks since i started using it. It has also saved me a whole lot of bandwidth. Cloudflare is super cool.

Pros

Cloudflare's basic security features are totally free. Cloudflare also comes in with an effective anti ddos feature, a keep alive feature, a powerful cache system and a wonderful firewall settings, of which you can add your own firewall rules.

Cons

Its price. Cloudflare's pricing is for established businesses who can afford their premium services. If you can afford it, it is worth every penny. I personally have no major issues with cloudflare

Cloud flare review

On the overall, I like this software because it gives users the privilege of changing the website security whenever it is under attack.

Pros

I use cloudflare to tighten the security of my website as it makes the internet secure, private, fast and very reliable for all its users. It protect corporate networks, all employee details and information and all devices being used from hackers. This software always improve our site performance on daily basis.

Cons

When it goes through its downtime, it go as far as slowing down the website and it makes the traffic drop.

Getting fast image loads and sites

Running an ecommerce site for multiple target location is tough and delivering content fast is more than a cake walk so we are using CloudFlare CDN and now our site is loading fast in our target geographic locations such as USA and Europe. The integration is very easy as just hosting the DNS with them is enough and it can cache static content very easily. We have compared the result without DNS and this tool is giving us really good performance. Its a must for every ecommerce site and on top of it you can use the free cdn feature as long as you want with extra bandwidth saving.

Pros

- Very good DNS management console. - Easy to implement CDN for specific sites or subdomains. - Very good caching of static contents such as images and files. - Many edge points to our target market.

Cons

- Have not found any such major issue with this tool.

Great free CDN

I started using Cloudflare after learning how CDNs could improve site speed. My site speed wasn't great and I had tried literally everything else so I figured it was time to try a CDN. I did a lot of research and Cloudflare seemed to be the best and most secure network. Although it didn't improve my site speed, I still had an overall good experience with it. If I ever went back to using a CDN for reasons other than site speed, I would choose Cloudflare again.

Pros

The free plan is great for small to medium-sized websites. It has all you need at no cost! Customer service is excellent. I reached out to them several times because I had questions about the setup process and they always got back to me very fast.

Cons

It is not the most user-friendly software. It's complicated to set up and takes some time to learn your way around it. It also did not improve my site speed by much. I installed Cloudflare mainly to improve my site speed but the improvement was very small.

Best CDN, DNS, static site hosting provider

I have been using Cloudflare free plan for years. Most features I need are provided for free. I like their services very much.

Pros

Cloudflare optimize my website speed and enhance the security. They update DNS changes quickly, usually within a few minutes. I like Cloudflare Pages, which provides static site hosting with excellent speed and uptime.

Cons

Cloudflare support is helpful but their reply is very slow. The support forum usually cannot help me since I cannot expose some important information such as my server IP address.

Good deal with extensive security

Cloudflare has been easy to work with. Their support is responsive but not always the smartest on things. I think their product has grown a lot and keeps adding complimentary products that have kept us ahead of attacks. Our site is also lot faster using their tool.

Pros

Simple to get going and provide some basic security for a site. Their pricing is agreeable for small businesses that need powerful protection. We have seen DDoS attacks stopped by Cloudflare for years now and it only keeps getting better. They have added more robust features however they do cost extra but its worth it.

Cons

Some of the layer 7 attack prevention methods are not very automatic. It would be great if they auto blocked certain IPs or ASN that went over a certain metric threshold. There is no reason an IP should be able to send 1TB of bandwidth without a challenge. If there was a rule system that could help with these cases.

Incredible tool for improving site performance and customer experience

This software improves the experiences of our customers, which leads to better customer experiences and consequentially is an irreplaceable tool in our tool belt.

Pros

We use this tool everyday to improve the customer experience as they interact with our websites. Anyone familiar with a CDN will know why its important for delivery of content to the end user, and Cloudflare gets this right. In addition the software is user focused, its not hard to find what you are looking for, whether that be a simple task like clearing cache, or their always online technology. Its very good stuff.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything that Cloudflare is not at least addressing, if not outright mastering within this field.

Easy to setup CDN

I've used Cloudflare on all of my recent websites and I'm happy with the service

Pros

Cloudflare's setup process is one of the best I've seen in any software, it walks you through exactly what you need to do to get started. Once setup, it gives you a number of different tools that are really easy to use in order to configure the CDN. I'm really happy with how it performs on all my sites.

Cons

No complaints about Cloudflare apart from the rare outages which can sometimes be a pain but it's to be expected.

Pretty Much Unique solution on the market for Web Securing and Traffic Management

Pros

I have started using cloudflare for work purposes and for development projects. After some time, I have come to realisation that it's an amazing tool the covers all you need and is one of several starter tools to set up woth you site. - Security against DDOS - NS Management - SSL configuration - Caching and Speed And it is FREE for essencial things!

Cons

Really none. I am using tool with all projects of mine now and I am strugling to find anything bad about it. The only issue with it is the power it gives. You have to be careful and responsible to work with it or you can easily damage site or cause problems. Overal, the tool is awesome!

great for getting started, weird pricing structure as you scale

Pros

Cloudflare, and specifically Cloudflare Pages is wonderful

Cons

pricing jumps quickly also, need enterprise license for something as simple as read-only permissions on X screen, e.g., so marketing can see metrics tab; ended up having to roll a Zapier automation for basic function

I don't use any other DNS provider for my or my client's sites

Improves a website's performance and security.

Pros

Cloudflare is my goto DNS, CDN and Security provider. In my opinion, they are the best of the best. If you have a domain on the web, you should be using Cloudflare, it's just that simple. They'll cache your website, compress code, make it faster and secure it all at the same time.

Cons

The pricing is beginning to climb but for what you get I think the value is still there. Even their free version has more going for it than other DNS providers.

Easy to set up, and great added security for almost any website

Cloudflare is a great solution for beginners looking to secure their website, as we have a couple clients' using their services for smaller websites.

Pros

The biggest feature for Cloudflare lies in its' simplicity to set up with your site and domain. Many hosts and Cpanels now offer Cloudflare integration, which will set up the DNS for you with one click. Once you're set up, Cloudflare runs seamlessly in the background. The DDoS protection (while not necessary for most smaller sites) is great for peace of mind. Most people use Cloudflare for the free SSL encryption, which is great, but it's important to at least do your research on some free encryption services that have surfaced recently (Let's Encrypt, etc.)

Cons

In our uses, we found the 'always live' features, which offers a cached version of your site in the event it goes down, didn't quite work all the time. In the few times our site went down, users were met with a Cloudflare connection error message, which really defeats the purpose... Additionally, in some cases, we had some issues with IP address reporting on our traffic, which caused some conflicts. This was solved by disabling a few settings within the Cloudflare panel.