Cloudflare Reviews - Page 7

Absolute must for website speed and security

I use Cloudflare for the website I run about alternative medicine. It is a great tool that helped me improve the speed of the website, its security, and various metrics over the few speed and SEO testing tools that I use. I can highly recommend Cloudflare to everyone who is not using it yet.

Pros

It improved the speed of my website immediately after I set it up, and it was easy to set it up.

Cons

I haven't found anything to dislike about Cloudflare yet. It is a solid piece of software that helps immensly.

One of the better CDNs out there.

If you need a CDN this is the thing you need.

Pros

There isn't much competition when it comes to Cloudflare. It worked flawlessly so far, has a ton of features.

Cons

Not the easiest thing to set up, some guidance would be helpful. Support is hard to reach and usually focused on upselling you.

Industry standard

Pros

Great tool for any tech company to have.

Cons

When it went down it impacted our business. Hopefully it doesn't anymore

If you have an online application, you must use this

If you are deploying your application to the web, you should seriously consider using this service. The DDoS mitigation and the CDN, both available at the free version are already good enough reason for you to use this.

Pros

Cloudflare's services are really easy to use and they provide very good DNS management along with several other features. Their bot detection system and DDoS prevention are one of the best and even their analytics are quite good. Also, the ability to make changes in your DNS that propagate in an instant makes tasks such as server migration far less tiresome, since you don't need to wait for your DNS to propagate and deal with other problems that come with this delay.

Cons

So far it fit all my basic needs, there isn't really any cons I can think at this time.

Had one huge security flaw

Pros

Cloudflare is pretty robust in terms of functionality and features to route and anyalyze requests to your server. If you are at a large professional firm, this is a pretty reliable company/app to use.

Cons

There was a huge security flaw back in 2017 when it was discovered that search engines were caching users information. This was a very bad incident for a lot of firms that used cloudflare, especially because security is so important.

Excellent cashing and security features with easy enough interface

Pros

- Very easy and straightforward - Adds quality to website responsiveness - Great and responsive customer support - Full of features

Cons

I really can't find any notable cons during my use of CloudFlare, which was for over a year now with my website

One click to a faster website

My overall experience so far has been great my page speed has significantly improved which means I'm getting more traffic and making more money

Pros

I started using Cloudflare 2 weeks ago and it instantly improved my website speed by about 80% . The ROI on this was a no-brainer since if your site isn't loading quickly , potential customers will leave before you even had a chance. That's why speed it critical and after trying expensive Wordpress plug ins to optimize site speed with no success , Cloudflare has been a life saver.

Cons

There was nothing I dislike how ever when you first sign up you do need to change your domain name servers which if you arent familiar with the backend settings of running a website you may need to contact your DNS provider for help.

Does a good job blocking DDOS attacks

Pros

It does a really good job with raw speed (although some might say that Google is faster overall--it's hard to say)

Cons

Reliability isn't as good as some providers. They don't always have the best uptime, but it's often still good enough.

Amazing technology with some hidden pains

Although Cloudflare is probably great for the Internet and most users will benefit, watch out for the sneaky headaches it can cause for developers.

Pros

If you read what they do it's mind blowing. Almost everything about Cloudflare is great... Almost everything

Cons

As a developer I have run into painful caching issues thanks to Clouldflare. One time I was receiving a super unhelpful Cloudflare "call your administrator" type message, only to find out Cloudflare was blocking a particular API request. Not cool

It's the Best, But Prepare to be Nickle and Dimed

Pros

Cloudflare is the best CDN and DNS management service out there. They offer a ton of useful features and their reliability is awesome.

Cons

Cloudflare offers many of its more advanced features on a subscription-based pay-per-month model. But then you quickly find that to add this or that costs something in addition to your monthly subscription fee. In short, Cloudflare nickle-and-dimes people.

Reasonably priced, feature filled CDN

It's been great, every time we've needed help, they've been right there!

Pros

CloudFlare is perhaps one of the leaders in CDN providers, and for good reason. They offer lots of features to help with speed, security, and optimization.

Cons

Not nitpicking, but it would be great if some of the more advanced features with the more expensive tiers were available in pro plans, even if they were somewhat limited.

Very Useful Tool for Every Website

Pros

It is very easy to connect your website via DNS servers and make a few adjustment. After that Cloudflare takes care for everything else, making your website faster and safer. It provides a bunch of tools, analytics, firewall, ssl and many more in a clean and very user friendly dashboard. Totally Recommended.

Cons

It would be great if there was a live chat support system.

great dns features

Pros

cloudflare has some great dns features that provide a solution to manage many domains with the capability to get old (online) dns records, and a great traffic control

Cons

adding some more security login options will be gret

Cloudflare is good for every website owner

Pros

I like the most the dns management feature, because you can manage your domain's dns settings in one place so this is very good feature for everyone who have a website.

Cons

This software have one bad thing is that here thr application section is not good for users because this type of feature slow down your website or for security reasons so this feature is needs more improvement.

Speed optimization at it's best

Pros

CloudFlare assurance that my website speed will not decrease due to traficc, since the service of Cached Bandwidth that permits me to conserved bandwidth and to do less demand to my server and slow it down

Cons

The details provided are just of the pass 24 hour for more near "actual time" you should purchase the professional and business strategies. In the totally free variation i can just have the info about the last month

Great SaaS, great value for your buck

Pros

It improves your website dramatically, from the speed to the security it provides. In the basic profile you get free firewall protection, protection from robots and extensive CDN coverage, after you upgrade you can customize all those settings for making a better user experience, page by page rules

Cons

Nothing to complain about, it covers tons of small and big websites, it has great comprehension of the threats .

The easiest way to scale your site

We use Cloudflare to help scale static websites, blogs and marketing sites that have high traffic.

Pros

I like that it’s easy to use, and the free tier is usually enough to realize how powerful it is. When we use Cloudflare I know we’re able to scale our static websites or even marketing sites seamlessly giving us more time to focus on development of new features.

Cons

Some features require a more expensive subscription, but honestly I think it’s worth it when needed.

A good solution for free DNS

Clodflare gives users good services like DNS, security and caching services.

Pros

With Cloudflare you don't need to set up DNS server. You can just point your server's IP and your domain name and it resolves for you. Also it has security functions, caching mechanism for your server.

Cons

There is nothing that i don't like with Cloudflare. But with free usage you have limited service. I wish these services are more cheaper.

Nice but not for beginners

I am happy with Cloudflare. Once I figured out what I was doing, I was able to get my websites routed through them. They have all kinds of protection for free and it's fast. I don't see myself switching to anyone else, since they work great with letsencypt.

Pros

Cloudflare is loaded with features. They serve as a dns and as a proxy. Or both if you need. The free features are abundant, and paying for it could gain you more features if you truly need it.

Cons

It is not beginner friendly. Tutorials are needed so you can get your server or whatever you are needing set up. If you search, you'll find a plethora of tutorials.

Best Free CDN, DNS Management For Forever

DNS management and security

Pros

DNS redirection (A, CNAME, MX, etc.) in seconds, . Good security features includes ddos, http/2+spdy, free SNI SSL certificates, DNSSEC, hsts, latest technology like tls 1.3, ipv6. Also it has good caching features. You can minify files, purge only few files or everything

Cons

It needs nameservers redirected to Cloudflare to work. Also someone hacked me via Cloudflare API. this was too bad.

The SSL Solution

Pros

I used to have topay to my domains supplier to get an SSL certificates. One day I don't know how I found cloudflare. And my economic problem finished. The websites I build need just sll certificates that gives cloudflare.

Cons

The integrations with the cloudflare marketplace software apps is not good solved. I have tried several times and the fusion has bugs.

Cloudflare is Okay

I don't want to knock Cloudflare too hard as they provide a decent service and have made regular improvements. When I've needed support they were there. Overall experience was okay, but often frustrating.

Pros

I like that they provide a decent service (for the most part), that is free for basic functionality. It can also help protect websites that come under attack. It has cPanel plugins which is helpful.

Cons

I stopped using it on my servers because the plugin was buggy and I had to babysit things constantly. They've since made improvements, but I'm hesitant to go back to it. It's also very, very expensive for the premium version.

CloudFlare is the best tool for small or medium sized businesses to secure web infrastructure

Pros

All of the solutions that are included with the free tier of Cloudflare are incredible for smaller companies to operate securely on the internet.

Cons

The only thing that is limiting to CloudFlare is the paywall. Once, the free use case are utilized then the paid features are required. However, the pricing is cost-effective and provides some pretty slick tools.

a must have for every website

i’m super satisfied and the free plan is enough for most websites so nothing to complain about, I definitely recommend it for everyone who owns a website.

Pros

cloudflare protects our websites from ddos attacks and it also provide a ssl certificate for http websites to increase their security.

Cons

they can improve the user interface and make it more appealing to non-techie users because the current one is a bit complicated to understand.

CloudFlare is great for website security and optimization

Pros

I have been using Cloudflare for about 2 or 3 years now and not have had one issue with the application. I haven't not tried there paid plans but the free plan I'm running my domains on works like a charm. Love the graphical data showing the site stats, traffic, and requests. I also enjoy the many other services you can setup via cloudflare to more out of your domain than possible

Cons

From the 2 almost 3 years using Cloudflare, I can't find one thing wrong or disliked about the application.