All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

DNSFilter

Cloud-based cybersecurity and network monitoring platform

DNSFilter Reviews

Great Service

Pros

The pros of this service is the price for what you get.

Cons

No cons so far... No content filtering system is perfect but something is better than nothing

Effective, affordable, and easy to setup

Pros

The best thing about this software is the value. The same service as other big name providers, but at a fraction of the cost. The pricing based on usage is fair and beats the per user model. We've been very happy with it.

Cons

I haven't noticed any issues with this service. It works well and the billing is very straightforward.

Business Review

I wanted to increase the security of our business

Pros

The software has a nice dashboard and is easy to configure

Cons

Currently we had MARCS updater update our Dynamic IP address to DNS O Matic which then pushes that to CloudFlare, our domain registrar to update our remote host-name. When switching our DNS servers to DNS filter instead of CloudFlare's public DNS it caused the MARCS updater to frequently flip flop between our real Public IP and some other IP. When we switched it back after a few days of this it was fine again.

Excellent

I was up and running in less then 30 minutes

Pros

I use this dns filter in combination with my ubiquiti network devices and I got to say I probably have the most secure network in my city.

Cons

I have no negative ratings. Its a great way to protect my network from the bad things that exist on the internet

free trial and great success

Pros

easy to load, run and config, really easy

Cons

noting so far, works great, blocks bot and more

DNSFilter a great option to OpenDNS

Pros

How easy it is to setup and use. The portal is easy to use, straight forward, and it has the flexibility I need for my environment.

Cons

At this time I do not see any cons. So far the support has been very helpful and very knowledgeable about the product when I contacted them.

Excellent alternative to openDNS

Pros

The price is extremely fair and the "interstitial filtering" is something that nobody else is offering.

Cons

Web interface is still in development, but they are growing quickly. Some of the integrations with active directory are not yet finished.

A a good price/quality ratio adapted to our infrastructure

Pros

The dashboard is clear and easy to use.

Cons

The obligation to deploy on each workstation of the network the SSL certificate in order to see correctly (without browser security warning) the block page.

Great for Whitelabling

We got going very quickly and the filter works very well. I'm surprised at a lot of the extra features we got over our previous filter service.

Pros

It was incredibly easy to set up from scratch, setting up the account, getting the technical side going, and branding for our first client.

Cons

There are a couple places to log in which have separate accounts, but that's a minor issue.

Some companies make being a tech easy - this is one of them!

Additional layer of security for my clients.

Pros

Soooo easy to setup and use. Quick to develop and release new features. The price!

Cons

I have not found anything to dislike....

Excellent value. Love the extra security and content filtering for our business.

Pros

Love the extra level of security by blocking malware and threats. Content filtering was easy to configure.

Cons

Nothing of any real significance or impact.

Easy Setup and Powerfull Settings

We have eliminated the need for client based web filtering and are able to do that from for the entire network. This has eliminated some computer performance issues we experienced when we used client based web filtering.

Pros

We primarily use DNSFilter as a basic website filter and secondarily as a web protection filter against malicious sites. Ease of configuring and setup is amazing.

Cons

This isn't necessarily a con on the software itself. I need better instructions on preventing DNS circumvention for configuring my router with DNSFilter.

Most featured DNS system

Pros

DNSFilter has virtually all features that an internet user need for the Internet access control. For its class, I would say it has the cheapest price too compared to other competitors.

Cons

Really nothing to dislike besides the DNS protocol itself has limitations such as DNS cache issues

Amazing product

Pros

Easy to use and to set up. Also improved security.

Cons

Interface could be a bit more intuitive for the initial setup.

Decent way to content filter on a budget...kinda

I didn't decide to stick with it because the content filter isn't perfect, there are plenty of sites we were able to visit that got through the content filters, and doing content filtering by DNS isn't as accurate as a dedicated box for content filtering, that being said I would still have chosen to use it if it were 3 bucks a month, or 40 bucks a year or something.

Pros

I like that you can set policies for content filtering

Cons

price per user per month. I think it should just be a flat price per month up to a certain amount of users, like say 100 maybe... and then have a 2nd tier for over a hundred, paying per user is kind of stupid because some users might use a computer 2 times a month

Great experience on the free trial

Pros

This app has a ton of features and a cool looking interface. I recommend to just about anybody who knows anything about DNS. All the available features work fine.

Cons

Some of the features are either confusing or it seems like they are not available yet.

Dnsfilter

Been overall a good product

Pros

Ease of use, price, policy control per site

Cons

Unsure if proven product since haven’t heard of it before

Amazing layer of security for any size organization

Phishing requires a three part solution - Inbound spam filter, End User training and DNS filtering

Pros

Quick setup, comprehensive reporting way cheaper than OpenDNS and support is exceptional

Cons

They don't have Active Directory integration but it is on the road map

Simple & Easy

Pros

Found the DNSFilter was easy to configure for our client base.

Cons

Support Knowledge base could do with improvement.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.