Duo Security Reviews

Duo Security

User identity verification & device vulnerability discovery

It is a good 2 Factor authentication service

Pros

- Duo's mobile app, Duo Push, works well with our systems. It's easy to set up, and while some people at William & Mary have had trouble adopting the program into their day to day use, I find it usually works without a problem.

Cons

- it's not quite as clean as Google's "Are you trying to login" push notification. I like that methodology better.

Best two factor authentication tool

Pros

It's easy to set up and it's really convenient that it supports multiple devices and platforms. Very clean and intuitive interface. Also like the option of giving you a push or a passcode. Used it at two different jobs and never had an issue with it.

Cons

Sometimes the push doesn't show up in my phone's notifications, but otherwise it's great.

Great user experience for a security product

Great experience esp in the security space

Pros

It is a extremely intutive, deloghtfully designed product. We implemented dual security in our school and duo actually made it a seamless experience.

Cons

The activation barcode is a bit hidden and opens up a camera without indication on where to point (for eg whatsapp puts a layer on top of the camera which is helpful)

Perfect security solution

Pros

Everyone has their phone on them anyway - and enabling "push" notifications on Duo is the best advice I could give. It makes 2FA so incredibly easy - rather than waiting up to a minute for a text code you have to remember and type in.

Cons

No cons! I think that this works fantastically and I really enjoy using it. I would recommend to everyone

Safe But A Pain As A User

It makes sure that I'm really me and it keeps our files safe.

Pros

My favorite part of the software is the Apple watch integration where I can tap and login instead of using my phone.

Cons

It takes much longer to get simple things done on our internal network. I get that it is safer, but it still is slow.

Great tool!

Overall, it is a great tool that is super easy to use.

Pros

I use this to log-in to my school accounts. I love the protection this adds to my personal data and how easy it is to activate a log-in.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that I had to download the app on my phone to use this. I have limited storage and do not like to have extra apps.

Very secure and easy to use

It's been good. Easy to use and secure. As a user, I recommend this product.

Pros

This software uses your phone to provide a secure push to login to company's VPN and networks. Its excellent way to ensure network security.

Cons

Sometimes the app lags quite a bit and doesn't send the push and that can be time consuming and frustrating.

Due is a great security tool.

Pros

What I like most about Duo is how it gives you options for your security checks. If I forget my phone or don't have my laptop I am still able to a different option.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I actually have to use it. It is a great tool and works fine but it makes logging in an inconvenience.

2FA

Great Two Factor Authentication app. Works very well.

Pros

Very good two Factor Authentication application. It is simple enough for a non technical person to use because of the Push feature.

Cons

Nothing really. If I was to nit-pick, I would say that the UI of the admin website can be a bit more user friendly and customizable.

Great Way to Keep Connected and Work Remotely During Covid-19

Love it...It has made it easy to work from home during Covid-19 and keeping my paycheck coming !!!

Pros

Love it...I have utilized Duo for nearly 3 months now enabling me to work remotely from home during Covid-19

Cons

No complaints, very streamline and easy to use. Able to access my work with ease. I have had no issues whatsoever.

Required by Institution

It is required by the university to sign in to services. It just sends a notification to my phone and I approve to verify I was the one trying to log in.

Pros

Very easy and simple authentication software.

Cons

There are no real cons, other than that you need to have your phone available to get the authentication notification.

Personally use Duo Security for two-factor identity authentication

Pros

Verification can be achieved through many different options; authentication can be as simple as a single tap

Cons

Difficult to reestablish Duo Security configuration when I changed phones; not used with multiple websites

Good security, in an easy form

It is beneficial in keeping student information confidential, which is a very practical and important!

Pros

I like that it is a secondary security measure to get on my college account. It sends a notification to my phone so that I can surely be the only one that is logging in.

Cons

What I like least is when I don't have my cellphone on me and I need to do verify my identity. It can be slightly inconvenient, but knowing that others can't log on and see my personal information makes it up.

50/50

Pros

I like the ease of using the security software.

Cons

The first option is to text and that one never seems to work for me but the other 2 options have.

Does its job

It gets the job done and is for the most part easy to use.

Pros

I've never really had any kind of security problems before and when my company started to use Duo, it was an extra step to sign in once a month, but other than that, you hardly ever even notice it. It does its job without being annoying.

Cons

It was a little tricky getting set up and when I got a new phone, it took me quite a while to finally get my old phone removed and my new phone added.

Feeling Secured

Pros

* Very easy to use multifactor verification system * You can use a key fob, phone call or message to verify user

Cons

* If you decides to use a specific method of user verification, the system should be able to remember the users choice

Duo is slightly inconvenient but does the trick in a pinch

Pros

We don't use Duo for our own purposes. We have several clients that use it, and therefore we have to also use it. So, for us, it's just an extra step that can sometimes be frustrating if the right people don't have access (i.e. I receive a push and I need to approve it for someone else, but I don't have my phone on me so they aren't able to log in).

Cons

It's a bit difficult to set up and get going. Adding users can be complicated depending on how the individual accounts are configured.

Duo MFA for MSPs

Pros

Excellent interface Tons of Features Very responsive customer service Integrates with all major applications

Cons

MFA in general can be a bit tricky to implement properly, but they have tons of online resources available.

Easy to Use Authentication

Great experience!

Pros

As a user (use it to log onto my company's VPN), I have not run into any issues using this software.

Cons

No CONs identified at this time. Has worked as intended.

We need to implement MFA

If it cannot be use for Office 365 MFA then I think we will have to look at different products.

Pros

Provides a more friendly app that tells you the location and IP address of the sign in request. Quick and easy to implement.

Cons

Testing the Office 365 conditional access and struggling with signing into Outlook, modern authentication doesn't work regardless of Outlook being Office 365 or 2019.

Great for two-factor

Pros

Easy to use, anytime you need a code just open the app and boom there it is

Cons

Nothing to not like, easy to use and allows businesses to be more secure

Easy and quick security tool

Pros

Duo Security was super easy to install and is incredibly easy to use - one press of a button on your phone and you're authenticated. While it is one additional step for signing in to some sites and services within my organization, it really hasn't caused much of a hassle.

Cons

I think most of us usually have our phones sitting nearby, but there have been times when it's been a bit of an inconvenience to go get my phone from another room to complete the authentication.

DUO SECURITY REVIEW

Pros

Ease of use, especially generating security codes and copying those codes into network connecting software

Cons

I have not found any significant downside to this software

Great to keep your security intact

Great experience and would recommend for using for two step authentication for systems/safety.

Pros

Helps me access my work email from my phone by letting me participate in the two step authentication

Cons

Once we implemented the two step factors at work, this was fairly easy to get set up on my phone. I have no complaints

Duo Security

Logging onto my laptop at home and easily accessing the APP on my cell phone for the code to enter takes less than a minute, but adds that extra layer of security

Pros

Very easy to use. And adds a level of security when working from home. IT added the APP to my phone and it is very fast and simple to use.

Cons

Don't have any Cons at this time. I guess the only issue may be if you were having issues with the apps on your phone and could not log onto lap top.