ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

ESET Endpoint Security

Network security, network monitoring & endpoint protection

ESET Endpoint Security

First Hand Experience

Once the product was initially configured and installed, it performs exactly like I expected it to. After several upgrades, it became easier to update all endpoints centrally which I really like.

Pros

The centralized management console and ability to push updates to endpoints really saved a lot of time.

Cons

Reporting function is a little confusing and sometimes frustrating trying to generate a new report. But this is a minor complaint and has not stopped me from continuing to use the product.

Great, but with learning curve.

It's a great option to protect devices on your network. Just go through all of the settings with a fine tooth comb first to make sure all is working.

Pros

I have lots of confidence that this software protects my system from viruses and attacks in real time. Great analytics options to view traffic and attempts.

Cons

There is a learning curve on properly setting up rules on your network. I've had traffic on a range of devices stop working because the default firewall settings defaulted to blocking them.

My experience has been, in a word, flawless. ESET sets the gold standard for professional software.

Bulletproof security, ease of install, and knowing my customers can't do bad with it, they just have to let it do its' thing and it will keep them safe and protected, no matter what kind of knuckleheaded they pull online.

Pros

What I love is the unobtrusive nature. It sits quietly in the background, protecting you with bulletproof safety and reliability. It doesn't annoy, it doesn't brag, and it takes the guesswork and decision making out of the end users hands and just DOES ITS' JOB. Period. It's an easy install, it's easy renewal, and it's easy maintenance. I couldn't ask for more for me and for my customers.

Cons

I'd like a stronger reseller network on the back end. I've sold probably over 500 licenses of NOD32, Endpoint, and other ESET products within the last year. I keep bringing customer after customer after customer to you and basically get nothing for it. I love the software so I'll keep doing it, no word of a lie, but a little gratitude would be nice for all the work and promotion I do for ESET

A Smart and Silent Protector

It is an smart solution that is deployed in most of computers of the premises, which stays in background using less resources and effectively protect them from varied forms of cyber threats, never a virus or a malware slipped through its gauntlet for past few years we've been using ESET.

Pros

A smart, intelligent and relatively light protection suite that defends corporate level computer systems and databases. Very accurate over 90% times differentiating good from bad. Has regular updates and user interface now looks crisper and futuristic than before. Has a long standing excellent track record of blocking every threat that came its way with us.

Cons

Setting up rules and exceptions to allow or deny certain programs running or using networking takes a little time to master on as it has myriad options that can be a hindrance than help. Somewhat expensive compared to other products available

Best detection rates I've seen

Having deployments ranging in size from 5 to 100+ endpoints I've had excellent success protecting my clients from viruses and malware. I've only seen one infection on a system running a current and updated version of ESET.

Pros

Detection rates are superior to most other products I've evaluated, and when I find an infection I often save the files and test it against other products to see. The remote management product makes deployment to large networks possible and provides a dashboard to see the status and any potential problems. Another feature that has been strongly favored among my client is Device Control which allows blocking devices that present security issues such as USB flash drives. Support is also wonderful when needed.

Cons

The remote management console and it's deployment methods have a slight learning curve. I have found other competing software to be slightly easier to deploy to large networks, however ESET Support was quick to walk me through what I needed to know.

ESET gives me piece of mind. Security is very serious but piece of mind is priceless.

Pros

How well it stops all kinds of attacks and yet maintains such a small footprint in resources. It does not impact performance of client machines or servers, is not intrusive at all in daily production, and yet protects all of my machines extremely well. It is flexible on custom configurations and is well managed through Remote Administrator. It works well in Business with many features for business and yet is right at home on personal home computers as well. That flexibility makes it easy to recommend not only for large companies but also for family and friends as well. They get the same protection I have at work at home.

Cons

The inability to have Remote Administrator auto update client machines with the latest version of the software. (You can do it manually by setting up tasks but a single auto update task is unavailable) I do understand though that this may be a feature coming soon. (fingers crossed).

ESET endpoint security- better protection & better solution

Highly recommended for those who are struggling with low-end PCs and its a solution for everyone with a decent deal price when compared to other expensive virus guards.

Pros

I’m using ESET on my personal laptop since 2015 and still I don’t have any threatens for my files. I can summarize what are the pro features I really enjoying in ESET in below list, 1. It is pretty simple and it doesn’t notify annoying things like other virus guards. 2. It doesn’t consume so much RAM consumption and still doing a pretty decent job for my low-performance CPU. 3. Anti-theft future from ESET is useful. 4. Doing a great job for Internet browsing and always aware of all kinds of threatens. 5. The virus database updates are frequent and we can customer service availability is 24/7.

Cons

Honestly I don’t have any negative thoughts of ESET because it’s doing a great job for me for over five years. I hope more security upgrades will out in future.

End Security issues

Beneficial for anyone.

Pros

Product is an all around ideal software for individuals and businesses. I have been using it for 10+ years after I was hacked and have not had any issues since. ESET always alerts me if there are any infiltrations.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about any of the ESET products that I have used.

Love the AV, not a fan of the Remote Administration

Switched from Sophos several years ago to ESET and have not had a major infection since. ESET has been reliable and for the most part easy to manage. Most of my complaints are with the v6+ Administrative center and endpoint software. Some of my complaints were addressed and handled in future releases of the software. Reporting, especially the web control reporting, remains an issue in v6. ESET not even providing a pre-built report for that portion of their software. At the end of the day, what really matters is the end point security, and ESET is where I go every time I need AV, whether it is on my person computers, work computers, or those of friends and family.

Pros

Secure and Reliable AV without a huge impact on performance Priced competitively Centralized management with AD Integration

Cons

Reporting is lacking in accuracy and robustness License management is slightly annoying, endpoints always duplicating and eating up the licensing No transparent way to esnure End Points have the latest version of the core application automatically

Set and Forget

You cannot do business in today's virtual environment without virus and firewall protection. Before ESET, my organization used another product that was clunky. It seemed I was always having to adjust or click on something. When we switched to ESET, I couldn't believe the difference. It was so simple to set and forget. With all the file emailing that happens in my line of work, I rely on ESET, knowing it's there helping to protect my computer from viruses and bugs. It's simple to temporarily disable if you need to, but that's only happened to me a few times. I'm so glad ESET has my back and protects my digital assets around the clock. I'm very happy with the level of protection it gives.

Pros

ESET is simple to set and forget. I appreciate knowing I am protected while not having to hassle with a lot of options in a complicated security program.

Cons

Occasionally I've had to disable the firewall to allow a certain legitimate site, but it's been rare. Usually ESET just works in the background so quietly that I forget it's there.

Eset Endpoint Security

My department (Accounting) runs on ESET because all of our computers were blocking sites that were due to false threats. We took our computers off of a better known, more popular Endpoint software and the problem stopped. My experience with it has been great.

Pros

I have used many security software, but ESET has eliminated all the false positive infected items I used to get. You load it and teach it the types of places you got, and you forget it. Before ESET, IT was getting infected reports on me almost weekly and they were all false. Now, ESET blocks real threats with zero false positives sent to IT. It is reasonably priced - the same or less than other nationally known software.

Cons

During the initial period while you are "training" the software to your particular usage you get popups asking you about a particular site. Once the training period is over it stops and you forget it is running in background.

If you wanna the best antivirus, purchase this software

The antivirus solution from ESET is currently the best on the market. It is more expensive, but you get perfect protection for your money.

Pros

+ daily update of virus database + system administrators can set-up/manage/handle employees' tools through ERA + real-time file system protection

Cons

- a little bit high costs (paid license) - missing apps for iOS devices - web access protection sometimes blocks valid web sites

Great value! Does its job without affecting the functionality of my computer!

Security, no interruptions, no bugs.

Pros

I love that this security software doesn't "bug" me. It doesn't pop up and request to run. It doesn't block certain programs while they scan. It doesn't hassle me while I'm trying to work. I am currently running a Mac computer, but I have also used this on a PC and I can say with definitive sincerity that it is the BEST security program for PCs that I have EVER used. I was so accustomed to security programs popping up in the middle of a document or webinar demanding that I: a) restart b) run a security check c) update software -- STOP! Thank goodness this program runs quietly and efficiently in the background. I never even notice that it's there!

Cons

Not a single con to mention here. It does its job without making a fuss. I believe it is also cheaper than other programs around.

a good way to protect your personal data and avoid intrusions.

It has helped me to keep my system free of infection despite the multiple viruses, trojans, rootkit, and others that swarm through the network and especially found in pages of torrent type.

Pros

it is a very light software that does not require a very powerful system to work without freezing or slowing down the system. Its updating process is daily and sometimes even more than once a day which helps to keep the system protected from the latest infections. Its analysis process is quite fast and deep, warning of suspicious objects that other antivirus ignore. Personally, I think it is a good system and about the possibility of activating the heuristic analysis system that provides even more protection.

Cons

I do not think I have many things against, it has worked perfectly for me. Maybe I would change the combination of colors that are somewhat dark.

General Use Review

Great. I would recommend to other businesses. Helps you feel safe when visiting various websites.

Pros

The protection the software offers is great. Notifies you when updates are ready and runs tests manually for you.

Cons

There are times when you have to run checks on your system manually when its running slow or you think something is wrong and this takes a lot of time.

ESET End Point Security and File Security is the best AV we have used

Stopping malicious emails / files / websites before they infect the machines and cause a problem.

Pros

We have deployed this software to over 2000 endpoints via the Enterprise Management console across Windows / Mac / Workstations / Servers and more. We have used many different AntiVirus software's over the years and find this to be the best. Stops more virus attachments and malicious emails than the alternatives. Lightweight for performance once installed. Version 6+ has 2 part install with an agent piece giving remote actions from the Admin console. Admin console allows for great nested / hierarchical policy to allow granular refinement.

Cons

No complaints about the software at this time working great. I do with the initial install file was smaller for remote deployment but otherwise once installed it is the best.

ESET is hands down the best AV in my experience.

It was set it and forget it. Users were always protected. I had roughly 450 users running ESET NOD32 on our network and over 5 years had only 3 or 4 infiltrations. Each user was an admin of their box. It was something I rarely had to worry about... viruses and malware just didn't get by it.

Pros

I liked the Admin Console for keeping track of users AV compliance. Also the fact that it would update clients first from internal server - if not available - it would look to the ESET update servers on the internet. This was nice for users who with laptops that weren't on VPN all the time. Also the very powerful heuristic protection. I have never seen anything as smart and powerful as ESET NOD32.

Cons

That I was forced to not use it with our new company. I never had any issues with ESET. I do however protect my home computers and recommend it to everyone I discuss AV with.

Non-intrusive, high performance Anti-Virus

I've been using Eset Antivirus in one form or another for 10 years and I've never seen a reason to switch. Our business has 10 PC licenses plus a server license and mobile licenses. I also use Eset on all of my personal devices.

Pros

Eset is a high performing anti-virus suite that doesn't slow performance. It runs in the background and you barely know it's there unless there's a threat. It has a simple mode for most users, and very advanced settings for power users. If using for business, you can control the settings on all clients from a remote terminal, and the licenses are very cost effective.

Cons

As with all anti-virus software, settings are important! If you go into the advanced settings and tell Eset to alert you at every possible instance, you'll end up with more nag windows than you want. Apply settings that are a good fit and you'll be happy.

After suffering with lag and start up delays, ESET was the first to clear my computer and my mind!

Virus and malware protection. Call blocking on my cell phone.

Pros

Compared to AVG and Norton, the only other two softwares I have have experience with, ESET's scanning doesn't impact my computer's performance during scans. Even the automatic updates process seamlessly. When I paid for the other two programs, they couldn't find anything wrong with my computer but I knew there was some sort of malware. ESET found the problems with the free trial! I have been purchasing the multi device/multi year and mobile device subscriptions ever since. I brought my parents and one of my previous employers in as well! ESET hasn't let me down yet.

Cons

I don't have a con to really talk about. The price is worth the security you get, the customer service team that is there of you need, and how long the subscriptions last.

I'm used this software more than 5 years ,The protection against viruses and fake sites is very high

Protection from programs that carry viruses as well as protection from suspicious sites. The best thing is to protect me when I log in to my bank account by protecting the security situation in eset

Pros

protection against viruses and fake sites is very high , I wish to add a cloud service to upload personal files and connect them to the program in the PC through a folder in the computer to obtain a high degree of security of personal files important as well as add a key verification service entered in the computer to verify the identity of the person and confirm them and allow him to access the folder (linked to the cloud service) Key protection is displayed and sold in international stores (Amazon, eBay and others).

Cons

Parental surveillance, though important to protect the child from questionable sites. But I do not use it very much.

Efective and Secure

I think security is one of the most important things for a company, and be protected from any external and even internal intervention is to make our boss have sweet dreams. I was working in the past with Kaspersky but that option was little expensive and I put my eyes on ESET, and definitely I was a good solution, we can track license and alerts from administrator, upgrade virus database in the background totally transparent from end users and one for me one of the best things was GUI, pretty easy and intuitive.

Pros

► Good administration options. ► Brings protection on multiple thinks like external pen drives, web browser, etc. ► Strong database. ► Easy interface.

Cons

► I think it may take some time to work on a PC when is turn in on and is consuming to many resources. There was some complaint about slow performance after ESET implementation. ► Implementation was not easy as I thought, however, the EST group was able to solve very efficiently any particular issues that old or new PCs present. Compatibility with other applications I think is something that they can improve.

Love this anti-virus

Pros

Lightweight business anti-virus that won't slow you down and doesn't give you a hassle. Has a very high detection rate in real world use, and I do not think I have ever had a false positive.

Cons

The remote administrator product is a bit too complex for small business, I really wish they would have a "lite" version that just has the following features, a single template pushed to all clients, you could even re-use the "advanced configuration" screen. Notification of clients last check in time and when they were up to date. And the ability to be a caching server for the updates and to remote push the program updates. The myriad of tasks and policy configurations and the myriad of warning/notifications in the full remote administrator product just make it not very useful for 10 person or less companies.

Protect yourself with the best!

The redesigned ESET Remote Administrator console (6.5) makes managing Macs and Windows machines very easy, there are many times I'll ask a user to update or reboot if there is an issue with Windows updates or ESET functionality.

Pros

ESET has been my go-to anti-virus software and endpoint security for years. Its record of having the greatest protection against zero-day exploits is true. I use it personally at home on my PCs and Macs as well as using it at the company I work at as the enterprise administrator.

Cons

I really don't have a bad thing to say. ESET does a great job protecting machines from today's known threats and tomorrow's coming threats. Our sales teams are constantly opening every attachment they get chasing sales, and until we implemented Mimecast for email protection, ESET was working hard protecting users from themselves!

Best security today

Long term users due to confidence in the product, and plus all the tests are showing the quality of this product...

Pros

We have had in our company many different companies in Security department, and the only one that stayed more than 5 years is ESET Endpoint Security. We mainly use it for Antivirus, which monitors our internal network with more than 200 points. It is really important to have a top quality product Security wise, as our customers are expecting top service. It would not be nice for our customers, as well as for our administration to have Security problems on our network. Highly recommendable product

Cons

When the validity expires the software slows down a bit and is not checking the security, there should be some 2-3 weeks period with fully functional software (to get new keys...)

Just works

Just sits in the background and helps keep our users safe as part of an overall IT security strategy.

Pros

We have used ESET as a company for over 10 years. Whilst no anti-virus is perfect it does the job for us and our clients.

Cons

There was a recent issue with an expired certificate which required fixes. But support was good and all sorted.