ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

ESET Endpoint Security

Network security, network monitoring & endpoint protection

I am Safety with ESET.

Pros

I used many security softwares but all of them have a same problem. It is security software cause to slow the system process and increase my memory usage. But now I can do my work properly with ESET Security. Now I don't want worry for internet security because of ESET. ESET always blocked visiting the harmful websites and provide virus protection for explore the internet. Best thing is ESET protect the PC when virus signature database out of date.

Cons

Rarely, ESET bugs me blocking the trusted websites. When it happens I had to pause the protection.

Best ever!

Pros

I use to use one of the other leading virus/security software on the market until I gave a flash drive to a friend and he told me it was infected. I put it in my computer and it showed clean. He put it in his and ESET caught a simple virus on the drive my software didn't even pick up. I switched immediately to ESET and have had no issues with viruses since then. I love this product!

Cons

There are a lot of settings that can be a bit overwhelming, but taking the time to read about the options is worth it. ESET has a solid product that is very thorough.

ESET - All You Need to be Secure

Pros

Great Customer Service Software Updates every single day to add latest files - and never interrupts work or speed of machine Software gives the highest protection - more than other softwares I have been using this software over 10 years and I have NEVER been compromised in any way. My entire company uses this software and not one machine in 10 years has ever had any issues with malware or other types of unwanted software or virus.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing negative that I can say about this software. It is absolutely great and priced very competitively

I've been using ESET since day 1 and have had no reason to use another AV/firewall

Peace of mind, security, and good for the wallet.

Pros

To me the most effective part of ESET is that you forget it's even installed, until you need it. Then when it pops up an alert to tell you there is a problem, the description of the problem is very clear. I use ESET on all the PCs and laptops in my home, I trust no other. Run ESET along with Malwarebytes Pro and you have a 100% secure system.

Cons

None right now. There was an issue a while back where a bug in the code kept turning off a background feature, and boot would put you at risk, but they cleared that up pretty quickly.

You can feel safe

I´ts a great tool for security but it´is design for advanced users. They should make it easier for everybody.

Pros

It´s very aggresive. The full scan take hours to finish wich is a good thing and everybody should run it at least once a month. But the reactions to diferent events like connecting to a network or plugging a usb drive are instantaneous. I love the way it´s always so alert. Other solutions are kind of lazy and it´s very notorious with different computers and OS versions... At least to me, it makes me feel safe.

Cons

The ammount of updates are kind of boring. Don´t get me wrong, I know is important but end users get tired of it. The smart scan and other tools that comes with the software are complex and difficult to setup.

Effectiveness of ESET

Using this software at Harvard has been determined by our security group to be the best option for our environment. It's the least intrusive to productivity yet does not slack on providing the necessary security we seek for all our users.

Pros

I like how easy it is to install. I like how easy it to scan my computer or customize the scan. It seems to work very well and has a great reputation, unlike that of Norton or McAfee, in our experiences here at Harvard.

Cons

When compared to other anti-virus products out there, there's nothing not to like about ESET. It's very effective, easy to use and easy to install.

Complete protection in one product. "SWEET"!!!

Peace of mind. My complete trust and peace of mind. Customer Service is also great.

Pros

I was looking for 100% complete protection. This I found is ESET. ESET is now the only program I permit on my laptop or other devices. I am a customer for almost 10 years and never an incident that was able to attack or do me any harm. The price is fair and the protection is total. Also promoted by "The Tech Guy" ,Leo Laport. Enough said!

Cons

Nothing. This product does what it says and totally protects me without heave costs. I have used ESET for many years and never been disappointed.

The customer service is great when I have had some issues configuring in the past.

Ease of use and I feel good about the protection it provides our PCs and servers.

Pros

Version 6.6 is very easy and mostly fast install! The management console is also very easy to use and create "jobs" that can be run over and over to update software etc.

Cons

Sometimes the push installs just don't work, and it takes more time to trouble shoot than it should. We end up using the stand alone installer then. We did get a ransomware virus on one of our laptops running ESET about 2 years ago. I still haven't figured out how to get alerted via email when there are new versions of software.

Antivirus software

Overall ESET is light but very effective antivirus software.

Pros

ESET installation and its initial configuration are easy. Compared to other antivirus software that causes the PC to slow down, there are no adverse effects on the performance of ESET.

Cons

The virus definition updates sometimes have issues and have to do multiple retries. The scanning of individual file requires opening multiple directories.

Great behind the scenes software that I'm sure has saved me countless hours of grief.

PROTECTION from the crazy's, the ID thief's and those that would love to see the documents I have on this file. PROTECTION from infected files ... I've heard, and fixed, some ugly situations due to malware and I never have those problems on my machines running ESET.

Pros

After you install it, it just does it's thing in the background and protects you and you really don't have to worry about it. I like that alot.

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about it ... if I 'had to' come up with something, I guess I'd say it makes startup a little slower because it has to load, but that's really not a big deal.

ESET has been the perfect solution for us. We have not had a single problem since deployment.

A well-secured network and zero problems - it makes network administration much easier. Thank you!

Pros

I really like the feeling of assurance I have that we are well protected. ESET does it's work in the background and our users are completely unaware that they anything is happening; however, their computers are constantly updated and scanned. I love it!

Cons

I have found that in many instances it is difficult to deploy over the network. I'm not sure if this is an ESET issue or an individual computer operating system issue, but it is very frustrating at times.

ESET Endpoint Security is one of the best antiviruses out there and i highly recommend it.

I really recommend ESET Endpoint Security. Its a really good antivirus.

Pros

In our company we use ESET Endpoint Security and its a standard. I even have an ESET antivirus on my phone. I really like when i perform internet banking ESET secures my browser to ensure that there is no intruders. I highly recommend ESET Endpoint Security. The level of security is really amazing.

Cons

With almost any antivirus there is so few cons seeing that we need it so often. I don't have any issues with ESET Endpoint Security. I really recommend them to almost any company.

A good way to protect your computer

ESET made a name and it is a software that you can trust when it comes to protecting your computer/laptop. The interface is modern, the instructions are clear and it is easy to follow them. It does its job well.

Pros

I am using this software for my private laptop for years already and I have never had problems. It does its job well. It reminds me of updates that need to be made in order for the laptop to work properly. It does automatic scans for viruses.

Cons

I have no cons for this software. It is a good one and it proved to me that I made a good choice when choosing it.

Good Piece of Mind

All in all, great value for the price if I had to say. I will continue to be a user!

Pros

I have had this program for years and never had any real issues since that I can recall. Thought sometimes I might get miffed with a pop-up blocker alert as I surfed online, they always seems to get the treat in the end, as pace and functionality of my PC continued to be great for me! For sure this is one I recommend to a friend if asked!

Cons

Sometimes a little difficult to understand at a glance, but not too hard to get through in the end, really.

Great for home and business

Pros

I use this at both home and my office - which has 10+ computers. It scans constantly and lets me know if any websites, documents or other downloaded content is safe to open. I find that Endpoint is a little faster and accurate than other computer security systems - my IT consultant swears by it and we haven't been compromised once since starting over 3 years ago.

Cons

It is a little bit more of an extensive set up - especially when connecting to our server. Definitely have an IT professional be with you to set up.

RELIABLE

Pros

ESET's good, malware protection is complemented by its ability to defend a computer's firmware and, on the most expensive version, a password manager and file encryption.

Cons

However, its Windows products lack a few features that are becoming common among antivirus suites, such as a VPN client, backup software or a file shredder.Overall, ESET's malware protection is decent and its system impact is moderate, but its multi-user licenses are on the pricey side, and its products don't offer as many extras as its competitors.

Great Protection! We trust ESET with our security!

We have been using ESET for well over 15 years. In that 15 years we have only had one virus make it into our system and it was when the software was deactivated. It has stopped so many phishing emails and viruses I don't even know count is anymore. We trust them with our network security 100%

Pros

Security and virus protection! Ease of use to setup at our firm. Keeping the software up to date is easy too. We have avoided multiple virus attacks over the years and attribute it too the robust system that ESET has.

Cons

I haven't found any cons about this software.

ESET is a great security option to block unwanted spam and malware.

Very good malware and virus protection!

Pros

This software is efficient and keeps most malware and unwanted spam at bay. It is generally easy to use and simple to install. I have been using for almost 5 years now and have no issues with its performance.

Cons

The software must be updated often to stay current with viruses and malware, but this is true with any security/protection software. Also, it is a bit pricey, but well worth it. I work in a government setting and need a good, reliable antivirus/antimalware, and this is what we choose.

The AV you've been looking for

Pros

Having been in IT for 20 years, I've seen many different AV products. This is the first one I've really liked and haven't muttered about under my breath. ESET doesn't commandeer your system like many do, it also doesn't fill your task manager with multiple processes. The protection it offers also has kept my fleet of systems virus free, which I appreciate in this day and age.

Cons

Malware detection could be better considering that is one the bigger threats I see impacting my users these days.

ESET Endpoint Security

Good product, it does its jobs, easy to maintain. I do recommend this product.

Pros

Simply easy to install Endpoint security product that does its job. This product protects a person/individual or large companies. Simply to set up and get running, the solution can be installed on-prem as well as cloud-based, which is currently running through the ESET cloud in the USA.

Cons

Setting up the management console on-premise can take a little time, but it does sync with Active Directory which should make configure it a lot easier.

Eset has great customer support

It's showing me daily warnings and protecting my PC. I appreciate the peace of mind and worry free surfing.

Pros

It was highly recommended and I have had no issues since using it. I was very impressed when a former Orange tech employee conned me out of my Eset, The Eset helped me get it back. They were very helpful and understanding.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative yet. In a perfect world, the only thing I would change is to get a discounted price. So far I've experienced a more quality service with Eset then it's competitors.

Eset works really well. They keep up on their AV detection.

protection, safey, security.

Pros

eset has done a great job over the years in making this product great. It's lightweight and solid. it does what I want it to! it doesn't get in my way and helps me stay up to date with protecting myself from viruses and malware.

Cons

There's honestly nothing i don't like about it. it does what it's supposed to do! I can't say enough good things about eset software. I've only ever had one headache from eset. Sometimes it's flagged certain games and created issues there. Otherwise, it's just fine!

I received professional attention during a support call. I have confidence in the software .

I feel relatively secure using it.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use, has many features, and not too expensive. In addition, it doesn't take up a lot of system resources.

Cons

It's missing some features I would like to see. For example, the System Cleaner tool: I received this message: "Several system settings have been changed from their default state...: then it gives me the option to Reset them to their default state. However, no list is provided as to what settings have been changed.... I would like to know what I am resetting.

Good protection at a good price

ESET gave us an added layer of protection and piece of mind.

Pros

Remote administration is a great offering to manage the endpoint security and heps give piece of mind and analytics on where you may have issues.

Cons

Remote administration can be complicated to manage and does not give me the confidence the settings configured actually got deployed. additional VMS such as shared local cache and vagent host are complex to implement. The solution overall uses signature based detection instead of heuristics or next gen detection practices.

Eset Endpoint Security

I haven't had a negative experience with Eset Endpoint Security. It would be convenient if Eset would scan and quarantine all viruses instead of me having to use a separate software.

Pros

It runs with ease in the background and doesn't interfere with my work. It notifies me of any database updates that are required and tells you to update windows in the process. The support is efficient if an issue arises.

Cons

I need to use another antivirus to scan my computer for malware because Eset Endpoint Security doesn't up certain viruses sometimes.