All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

ESET offers no-hassle security

Transparent protection for our company's machines, without bothering the end-users.

Pros

What I like the most about ESET Endpoint Security is that it simply works without bothering me in my daily work, which I feel is really what this type of software should aim for. Protection without making the user click a lot of prompts that pop up.

Cons

Having used ESET for a number of years, I have no negatives to report about it. Everything works smoothly.

If you are looking for full protection against viruses and intruders, the name is ESET.

Pros

Easy set-up, easy adaptation to commands, live reporting of attacks and attempts of improper access to the network, real-time scanning, efficiently shielding internet access without leaving worry

Cons

The access previously configured by the program to start together with the operating system slows down the equipment on power up. Something that could be done much more lightly. It takes time and leaves the equipment almost locked

Peace Of Mind

Virus protection and malware warnings

Pros

This is an easy install from the CD; the updates take place quickly during booting up. I run the program manually a few times a month as well. The Block feature definitely makes me feel confident in the software.

Cons

I've used ESET for several years-if there was something about it that I liked least I would have dropped it a while ago. I suppose that I miss the old logo that was replaced with the 30th anniversary announcement...;-)

Very easy to use and configure

Pros

ESET has a very small footprint. It doesn't slow down PCs and workstations. It's easy to install and takes minimal configuration. It's server based product is exactly the same. I purchased a package that allows me to install on a server, workstations and mobile devices. Great value for the price!

Cons

Configuring exclusions can be tricky for the average "non-technical" individual. Most people don't know how to do this or that the functionality even exists

Eset is the Best AntiVirus on the market

Amazing product at an amazing price for any business.

Pros

Eset prides themselves on catching threats faster than anyone out there. The facts are they do I have been using Eset for over 7 years and it has saved my customers thousands of dollars that could of been affected data. And pricing is amazing for the product.

Cons

Really there are no cons the support is great. If I had to list 1 con it would be that the log file use to go out of control but since then has been fixed.

Great product.

Piece of mind my computer and data are protected.

Pros

Very easy to use. The software is not a resource hog at all. We usually use this antivirus software when one of our clients has an issue with viruses.

Cons

As I think and know the product is a great antivirus software I dont really think there are any cons with the product. If I had to name something I think the customer support and some the salespeople are not the greatest. Some need more training in customer service.

The software is easy to use, full featured, easy on computer resources and an exceptional value.

Pros

The ease of use of the software and the simplicity of it for the average user are top notch while maintaining the ability to configure advanced settings if necessary or desired. The software is also extremely light on resource use (processor, memory, etc) and is very noticeable in comparison to other similar software.

Cons

The default frequency of popups can be annoying as the software updates daily. This is easily fixed in the settings however.

Low Profile Security

It's an inexpensive and low profile security system for my machine. It doesn't cause major interruptions and keeps my system safe.

Pros

A lot of security software has constant pop ups and updates that get in the way of day to day use of ones computer. ESET doesn't have those kinds of issues. It keeps to itself and does a good job protecting my machine.

Cons

Updates don't seem to require a restart, but they will not auto run. Instead of getting the communication that I need to run an update, run it. If the update requires a restart, then let me know.

The Best Virus Software on the Market

Safety, security of data coming in and going out.

Pros

We have had ESET for over 10 years. I have tried other Anti Virus software in the past. The ease of use and the reliability is such a plus. I have great trust in this product.

Cons

I am very pleased with the software. To me it's easy to use and trustworthy. I have it automatically checking each email and files that come in. I was turned on to it by an IT tech in NAU in Arizona . Been pleased with every since.

ESET Endpoint Security - great tool, but you can find better tools

ESET Endpoint Security is a great tool. I used the free trial and I liked, but my company now uses Kaspersky solution.

Pros

ESET Endpoint Security is a great tool. Easy of use, great performance offers you a good level of security. The interface is simple and clean

Cons

Although ESET is a good and effective tools, you can find better options nowadays, specially when you are talking about detection level. I prefer Kaspersky and BitDefender solutions.

I have ten computers for three years covered

This protects all of our reservation computers which process a lot of money. I've never had an issue with being hacked.

Pros

Has the ability to track updates and status of multiple computers at different locations from one dashboard. Purchased three-year plan which was cheaper and less hassle than renewing year after year.

Cons

It can be a little challenging to set up but once you get the process down it is manageable. I'm not an IT professional but was able to figure it out.

Best antivirus ever

My computer is protected every time once the software is installed and I've noticed that the performance of the computer is very good consider the complete protection of the software.

Pros

This software has a very complete suite about the software protection, internet firewall, virus scan and malware detection. All I did is download the software and installed on my computer, just like that. Once in a while the software asks me for a scan or something like it, or when I need to install a software it warns me, but allows to do so.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about this software, in fact is highly recommended to have this software on your computer because it doesn't cause trouble at all. The only thing I've notice is that the software become uninstalled when the operative system updates.

No problems with any of my computers

Safe and happy computers and users.

Pros

I like that I download ESET, set up a scan schedule and that's it. If I have a problem ESET takes care of it immediately. I have it on 3 desktops and 3 laptops.

Cons

I don't have much to say but I guess the only thing would be is that only recently can you consolidate all the different licenses to one single group but I haven't done that because all of them were bought on entirely different days and usually in different months.

Solid Antivirus Protection

It works very well protecting your computer and works silently in the background but can make your computer a bit slower

Pros

Fast installation time. It runs silently in the background with no pop ups or requests being made to you. It gives a sense of reliability and safety, which makes it a great antivirus protection software. It is very easy to navigate and change settings.

Cons

It made my computer really slow. The price is very high when comparing to other antivirus software of the same quality. You can also find very rare cases of false positives, but other than that it is a great software

I absolutely love Eset.

I have never had any spam on my machine because of Eset.

Pros

I love Eset's small footprint. Eset, the Norton and McAfee, is totally non-invasive. Once it's set up, I never know it's running except when it tells me it's doing it's job or it's time to renew my subscription.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Eset! I've used a number of anti-virus software packages and I haven't found anything that compares to Eset. It's inexpensive and easy to install and use.

One of the best anti software we have used

Pros

The price is comparable and affordable, there is no hidden software that automatically downloads. Its stopped many of the common and not common viruses. It did not affect any of the programs or other softwares we had installed in 10 of our computers and a server.

Cons

You may need to adjust the security levels of settings on the program itself. Our IT guy did it for us as it initially interfered with our internet connection and their fire wall.

Happy with it

My computer works, I get updates, warnings when something is risky. I am happy with it.

Pros

I am using it for my private laptop and also at work. I am happy with how it protects my computer. I get warnings when a site is dangerous and of course, I don't want to risk, so I listen to it.

Cons

I have no cons. I am using it for more than two years and never had a problem with my laptop, so it is doing its job and it is doing it well.

Good protection, easy UI

Pros

As we are a customer with a lot of endpoint protected PCs, most useful tool for is the ERA server. This helps us a lot in managing the clients, pushing installations and updates and more. We are also using the ESET mail security antivirus, and this works quite well.

Cons

There were some issues with mail security clients, had to reinstall after a while. Push installations are sometimes not working, but this is mostly due to a machine configuration.

Eset Endpoint Security review

The software is thorough in keeping away viruses and it's a worthy investment.

Pros

This software detects viruses as soon as they are there and cleans the computer even as one works. When inserting a flash drive, if it has any threat it alerts you immediately and you choose what action to take. It's a must have tool to keep one's computer clean.

Cons

It can sometimes make the computer slow as it works in the background.

A great option

Eset does a great job running on the machines we support, however it is a bit of a resource hog. it takes alot of ram and cpu time when running scans, which can cause minor slowdowns, especially if the "Start up scan" option is selected in the management console.

Pros

Eset makes it easy, Especially in ESET 7 to use the management console provided to manage many endpoints. we are currently helping a business manage over 100+ machine that utilizes the product on a daily basis.

Cons

not as easy to get firewall options and forwards setup properly to allow endpoints to see the product as it should be. No cloud options.

Best and lightest

Pros

This used to be my choice before windows 10. light, good protection, easy to use, and again light. Why am I so repetitive indicating that it's light??? because most protection softwares are very resource demanding, and this is not the case.

Cons

Personally I don't have any complains on the Esset endpoint protection software. Now that I'm on windows 10, maybe the drawback can be that if you really need additional protection...

Excellent Product

It was able to remove a virus from my old computer that nothing else would touch.

Pros

I've used ESET for many years now and I've avoided the problems a lot of my peers have had with viruses/malware/ransomware. I'm very satisfied with the product and don't plan to use anything but ESET in the future.

Cons

I initially found some the of banking security software a bit cumbersome but was eventually able to get it properly set up with the help of customer servie.

I've been an ESET user for years and love the SECURE banking window.

Decent Day-to-day protection

Pros

It blocks all kinds of junk. It blocks intrusion attempts on my router. It is a great firewall. I have not had any issues with malware since installing the product.

Cons

It is sometimes annoying in blocking updates to existing installed software. The user interface is not always intuitive. It sometimes blocks some of the sensors that I am trying to update to the cloud. It took a bit of work to open the ports for them.

Best of the best

Faster machines and less downtime.

Pros

Used them all. ESET is by far the best. Never had an issue with any machine running ESET. Uses relatively few system resources to keep machines protected versus the competition. Have had virtually no viruses make it to the end user.

Cons

Software migration from server the can be a bit tricky. Pushing out the software package from a Windows Server 8 to windows 7 machines could have gone a bit smoother.

It's a decent AV software like the others

It's a decent AV software like all of the others but not as user-friendly as it could be. In the name of security, there are some tedious restrictions on things like updates.

Pros

Once set up, the software makes it easy to manage without opening up administration capabilities to the users. On the user end, there is nothing to do. The software works on the endpoint like other AV software and isn't intrusive or resource hungry.

Cons

The uninstall process is tedious for an organization (includes passwords for different programs) and something as simple as updating requires an admin's password.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.