GAT Labs Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.36/10

Reviews by rating

I liked the depth of how advanced the solution is, the ability to spot if the account is used by a different person is priceless.
The ability to drill down on every detail of each user and account is amazing.
GAT does not enable you to move emails between accounts nor to export/import between accounts. This is unfortunate as it is a key requirement for busy IT teams.

Fernanda G.

This tool is a must-have for all G Suite Super Admins

Pros

We love how insightful this tool is, you can identify the what files have been shared out of your organization and change sharing parameters. Identify the top senders and receivers of the emails is also one of our favorites.

Cons

GAT+ has so many features that can be overwhelming at first but once you get the basics everything runs very smooth

SR

Steve R.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent Software

GAT+ is our only tool for monitoring our Google Workspace. It reports daily on our environment is essential to our daily operations, monitoring and compliance.

Pros

Excellent tool. I must have for security administrators needing to report and monitor Google Workspace. There is no other tool that has all the functionality and capability. Not to mention is very affordable.

Cons

There are features we need tweaked to our unique environment and GAT labs is working on making those happen. Analytics data could be improved.

Emre Ç.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

True protection

Pros

Thanks to this highly reliable software, I have experienced great changes in my business life. I recommend it to everyone.

Cons

Important thing for me was that it was reliable and successfully completed this test. but it needs improvements in overall quality, ease of use and interface.

Thanks for taking the time to review our software Emre, we value your feedback and we'll take action to improve the ease of use in our interface.

DB

Don B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

GAT+ and GAT Shield - thoughtful organization of Google Workspace intelligence

GAT Labs people are friendly, informed, never condescending to less technical humans. Their follow-up to routine inquiries is stellar. They want you to spend time in their application and take all kinds of measures to keep you using their apps, but unlike eye-ball seeking social media apps, time spent in GAT Labs apps is well spent and helpful for better management of your Google Workplace environment. The renewal experience is pleasant - they let their products speak for themselves.

Pros

The GAT Labs products offer fast, easy searches of Workspace data and offers clean graphical illustrations for rich reporting, particularly for less technical people. I can't speak directly to business process integration as this is less applicable for our environment (single site elementary/middle school) but the recent addition of the Flow module allows for automation of tasks like on- and off-boarding,...

Cons

I have barely scratched the surface of GAT Labs capabilities, and it can be hard to determine what area to dive into next. I was initially concerned about support given that the corporate offices are in Ireland and we're in the US, but I have never waited long for support when I've requested it. If an issue can't be resolved in one call, they always follow up until the support case is closed. There...

DD

Dane D.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Practical Security in a Non-Practical World

We have been able to audit each user and their account to investigate HR issues as well as technical questions. Way better intel is delivered than the competitor products.

Pros

The ability to drill down on every detail of each user and account is amazing.

Cons

First versions were somewhat clunky, but the new version is awesome and simply intuitive now.

Thanks for taking the time to review our product Dane, we launched a new version at the beginning of this year with a more powerful User Interface I'm glad to read that you've found it more intuitive. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have we will be happy to help.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

It is cheap and do a lot of great things

Pros

Google does not have the feature to transfer ownership of a folder and its subfolders, and we found GAT. Not only that, it is now has a lot of features to manage G Suite (Email, Calendar, Users/Groups, ChromeOS, etc.). And since we are an Education customer, it's very cheap. Even if you are not Education customer, it is a must have tool for G Suite administrator.

Cons

Since GAT has started the new UI, there were a lot of issues related to the interface and performance, but their support team is great. They helped me to fix it right away.

Thanks for taking the time to review our product! We love to hear from our customers and we also like to improve our product and service, if you there is anything we can do to help you feel free to send us an email to sales@generalaudittool.com we would be very happy to help.

DM

David M.

Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 employees

Powerful Tool for Low Cost

From visibility into overall adoption, to detailed sharing data, to visibility into security events we have been delighted with GAT Labs

Pros

GAT+ Offers a wide range of features. All giving you deep visibility into ever aspects of your G Suite domain. It also provides the ability to take action on that data and build polices to correct things like oversharing.

Cons

In our 3+ years with GAT Labs, I have had very few issues. Support always been able to resolve them in a timely fashion.

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our product David. We value your feedback and I will make sure to pass it on the team.

AA

Alvaro A.

Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 employees

A must have product if you manage GSuite

GAT labs is indispensable if managing a GSuite environment. I cannot imagine doing my job without it.

Pros

This software really gets into the meat and potatoes of GSuite. Managing GSuite from the backend is so much more powerful, and GAT+ does just that

Cons

There is a small learning curve. Everything is laid out well enough to muddle through it until it becomes second nature.

Hi Alvaro, thanks for taking the time to review our product and for your feedback, we are constantly working on minimizing that learning curve and we also provide training to all our customers on a consistent basis. We're happy to have you as a customer over these years. All the best, Enrique

PJ

Posh J.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Layering Tool for Google Administrators

This tool has been a game changer for me - The Google Admin Console leaves a lot to be desired out-of-the-box functionality. This application overlay fills the gaps and lightens my load. The time I save performing simple searches/bulk updates without errors/organizational hierarchy changes are key to the success of my small team.

Pros

Ease of Use/Deployment was effortless/Ability to get assistance

Cons

Honestly cannot think of anything- this tool is invaluable to me

HF

Hugo F.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Every school needs this software

We have been able to find webpages students are using to watch movies, and play video games. The biggest benefit has been the availability to block these webpages from students without them even knowing we did it.

Pros

The feature I love the most from this tool, it is the availability to get real-time results.

Cons

I have not found anything within the tool I do not like.

Thanks for taking the time to review us Hugo we appreciate all the feedback you've provided through these years being our customer.

JW

James W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

A product that saves time and catches things Google Admin doesn't

Always friendly and quick to support. Very knowledgeable about their solution, quick to push out patches (cloud based). We have been extremely pelased.

Pros

This is brilliant software, the Google Classroom and Drive administrative tool that your School is missing - and is 100x more powerful than just the Google Admin alone. Countless hours have been saved by using this auditing tool, and the suite is fully functional. If you use Classroom and you want full overview of student's completion, be able to see what files are being shared amongst your student's drives, and want alerts when content or flagged issues arise - GAT+ will do this for you, and a lot more.

Cons

That they haven't built it for Microsoft Teams. It is literally PERFECT for Google.

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our products James, we're going to make sure to pass this to the development team they will be pleased to know your thoughts.

TL

Tom L.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Perfect product for what we need

Pros

Auto notifications and ability to monitor student behaviors online are top features. Customer Support response is top notch.

Cons

A few to many false positives for certain filters, but easy enough to just delete and move on.

KS

Kurt S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

GAT is nice tool to have

overall they are very communicative and helpful

Pros

I am the network admin at a high school and I have found this to be very helpful as a second tool besides the admin panel for troubleshooting and other information.

Cons

none that I have been able to pin down.

Hi Kurt, Thanks for taking the time to review our product I will make sure to pass your comments to the rest of the team. All the best, Enrique

CC

Chris C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Gat+ has proved invaluable in the management of the Google Workplace estate.

Love the new interface and looking forward further development in the functionality as the importance of access controls, audit and standard processes expand. Very helpful support staff always available and able to assist.

Pros

Insight, control and reassurance of full visibility on Google, as Google is fairly pooor on this in the actual interface.

Cons

None that I can think of. Does what I need it to do..

Ena A.

Import and Export, 51-200 employees

Very powerful tool

Nice, still learning.

Pros

It's a very useful tool, the fact of being able to identify the main senders and receivers of emails is great, it can also identify which files have been shared outside of your organization.

Cons

At first it can be a bit difficult to understand due to the number of options and tools it offers, but over time that gets better.

JB

Jamie B.

Very useful software

Pros

Helps onboarding users when switching systems to Google Workspace. Also really helps with maintaining systems once up and running

Cons

There are a lot of features and it can be tricky to remember where things are and how to use them - but practice makes perfect as they say!

Thanks for your feedback Jamie, we genuinely appreciate you taking the time to review our product. In regards to the number of features you can always arrange a call with the Tech Team to walk you through them just contact us at support@gatlabs.com we will be happy to help

CH

Craig H.

Responsive Tech Support

Learning new features daily, sometimes they just blow me away.

Pros

As I have learned to use GAT lab the tech support team is very responsive in Chat mode. They have even modified software based on my requests and have corrected or explained why something was designed. Their HELP modules are incredible, videos or step by step.

Cons

No real difficulties aside from a learning curve.

Vlad G.

GAT Labs review

Supper happy

Pros

Cons

There was nothing that I liked least but I would love to see a feature where I could connect multiple domains or under one admin account and see everyones Chrome activities.

Thanks for taking the time to review our product Vlad, we are pleased to know that you are happy with the product.

SS

Scott S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

DCS Netlink GAT Review

We use GAT to review what our end users are sharing, and with whom

Pros

Dashboard is an extremely informative overview of what's going on within your domain.

Cons

Sometimes drilling down to get more detail can be a little time consuming.

Thanks for taking the time to review our product, we appreciate your feedback and I will pass your comments to our UI/UX team.

AT

Adriel T.

Review for Gat labs

Pros

This was what the company wanted all along and Gat Labs is the only application that provides what we needed. The visibility of users whether internal or external with access to the company's files was the most useful feature. More that than, it allows us to edit the access when necessary. The insight provided isn't just an overall picture but I'm able to view each of the sharing activities of each user in the company. Overall, it is an excellent tool for Google Workspace admins.

Cons

With a huge range of tools, you'll need some time to get used to the features available. But not to worry, Gat Labs provides excellent customer service with a team of experts ready to help whenever you need it.

JP

Justin P.

Used other for less than 6 months

GAT+ Makes G Suite Audits Easy

We found GAT Labs when looking for ways to secure customers' G Suite environments. The support team got us setup with a trial right away and we have been able to demo to customers.

Pros

All of the usage and audit data for everything in G Suite (email, files, team drives) is all in one place. It makes it easy to find where data is going, setup alerts for DLP, and change permissions on a live environment.

Cons

It can be tricky to quote for customers. We need to submit a quote request for every client rather than a flat "per user per month" model. However, the cost is very reasonable so it is worth this extra step.

Thanks for taking the time to review our product, we are taking into consideration your comments to have flexibility on our subscription model.

AA

Abdulaziz A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

I believe they are the only one in their field!

Pros

It is comprehensive, it fulfills our need needs in auditing, monitoring ...etc. We were in search of competitors to compare, but we didn't find any competitors initially.

Cons

The UI/UX is full of info and choices, I think they could do a better job in designing the UI, and of course its really challenging because of the huge number of features.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Abdulaziz, we also believe we're the only tool that specialises in Google Workspace as a complete solution to manage, analyze and secure domain users and data.

GM

Gordon M.

International Trade and Development, 1,001-5,000 employees

Powerful tool for administering G Suite domain

Pros

The GAT tool is very powerful at searching for and filtering on data to find just the data you need to find - whether staff or applications or files. Nothing else on the market that I have found has come close to this in terms of power and the nice interface.

Cons

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our product and for your comments.

KM

Kish M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Amazing tool for security and managing data

Pros

I most like how GAT can help identify user behavior that could be considered suspicious, like oversharing files outside of the domain.

Cons

Because this is such a robust tool, I think a 15 day trial is a little short in some cases. An extension would be helpful to consider at least after the first 15 days.

Thanks for taking the time to review our product Kish, we extend the trial 15 days free period when someone is genuinely interested in our services. We also provide a fresh trial through our website for older domains that want to try it again. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have we will be happy to help.

TL

Tomer L.

Internet, 51-200 employees

GAT+ Review

Pros

Alot of options to manage from Drive to Emails and alot more

Cons

Sometimes its too complicated but there are alot of tutorials that help you