All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

GateKeeper Enterprise

Proximity password, OTP, and 2FA wireless token.

GateKeeper Enterprise Reviews

Pros

Excellent customer service and easy to integrate. Very passionate team and great communication throughout the rollout process.

Rishi B.

David C.

David C.

Read the full review

Cons

Forgetting you key is inconvenient, though this is a user error.

Dan H.

5.0

Best Domain Authentication and Proximity

I have been using the Gatekeeper appliance for years, having acquired it initially in 2016. I expanded my use over the years, eventually using it on multiple work and personal computers. It has worked flawlessly since I started using it, and by using it on four computers I can state that it is the best authenticator appliance I have ever tried. I recently updated from the Gatekeeper to their Halberd appliance, and the reliability has only increased my satisfaction in the reliability and support of users. I am currently exploring the implementation of the Halberd with multiple users at my office

Pros

It reduces the need for me to frequently login to domain level computers, which is a real issue for me considering the number of computers I have to utilize at the office. Since we have a domain that means I have to use a domain, domain user, and password, which in healthcare is fairly complex. The Halberd removes that difficulty. One of the primary issues I appreciate is that it locks my computer when I walk away from it and logging back in is a simple process since my computer recognizes my Halberd (which is always attached to me)

Cons

I like everything about the system, and the reliability and ease of use is fantastic

Thanks, Michael! We're delighted to hear that GateKeeper Halberd has been serving Central Medical Associates flawlessly! for the past +4 years!! As long as your team has GateKeeper Halberd, you will always have the ability to enforce long and complex domain credentials without burdening your end users, and peace of mind knowing that every unattended computer within Central Medical Associates is locked!...

High-end security & peace of mind without the hassle

Pros

The time and money saved not worrying about password protocols and security is the best part. We use lots of web apps and have client data to protect. GateKeeper makes that process transparent and easy. Even something as simple as locking/logging off computers automatically comes in handy when you work at a WeWork in NYC like we do. Knowing we have a security moat around even physical devices is awesome. Our remote employees can securely and conveniently get their work done anywhere they are. They also makes provisioning/deprovisioning employees fast & easy so there are no audit worries later on.

Cons

As we grow, it'd be nice to get more dedicated support options, though the GateKeeper team has been great about onboarding and rapidly responding to team issues. We'd definitely love a GateKeeper SDK to find more ways to grow their protection across our stack!

Thanks so much! We're glad to hear that installation was easy and that your employees are working remote while secure. In the future, we hope to to find more ways to help automate your provisioning/deprovisioning of employees. We appreciate you working with us to help continuously improve our client experience!

Minutes saved per patient = happier doctors

Pros

Gatekeeper saves the doctors time which allows them more time to spend with the patients.

Cons

Implementing the software was time consuming.

GateKeeper Enterprise systems

We are very happy we went with the Gatekeeper system. In all it has saved us time and money while providing more security. The dual factor authentication is key for any system.

Pros

The Gatekeeper team is always there to help and seems to know what we need before we need it. Our staff loves the convenience of the Gatekeeper system. IT loves the fact we can put more secure passwords on all of our systems. Password resets have gone down while security has gone up. In all we are more productive with these systems.

Cons

I haven’t found a down side. Our system is solid and protecting us every day.

Thank you, David! It was such a pleasure to work with your team during the transition to passwordless proximity 2FA. We're glad to hear that your team is happy with the solution and that security has been upgraded without impediment to operations/workflow. As a Director of IT in healthcare, there's so much going on that you have to deal with, especially these days. Thank you for choosing up to...

Life saver

I am really happy that I found this software. It has help out with password management for login in to all out customer sites and other vender. It has saved a lot of time and headaches!

Pros

I am extremally happy with the ease of use.

Cons

None that I can think of since they added the lability to use it for desktop application logins. the

"Life saver" - we love to hear that! We're glad the new desktop application password manager is useful for your manufacturing team. Many of our clients have complained that other password managers don't have an easy way of logging into desktop applications such as VPNs, Office 365, EMRs, special applications, even gaming applications such as Steam and Blizzard and so on. We'll keep adding new features...

Great domain authentication, Simple to implement!

We have been using Gatekeeper for about the last year or so and it's been great. Now I don't need to worry about staff leaving the computers unlocked, as it will lock when they walk away. There hasn't been too many issues, but when there is the Gatekeeper team is there to help and resolve issues right away.

Pros

It was very easy to setup and has reduced the time spent logging and remembering passwords. Viewing the Dashboard really shows you how much time your users are saving. Great communication with the Gatekeeper team.

Cons

The only con I can see is battery life on the Halberd tokens.

Thank you, team! We're glad implementation was simple and that you're enjoying your smoother domain authentication workflow. Most of our clients love how easy it is to set up. Everyone's surprised when it's as easy as getting the key to your new car - nothing new to really learn! Reducing the time spent logging in is such a crucial aspect of efficiency in any organization. Thank you for choosing...

GateKeeper password manager for securing your accounts and more!

One of the best customer service experiences. A very professional IT team helped with installation and answered any questions on how proximity worked. Highly recommend GateKeeper to anyone using a computer.

Pros

A very intuitive solution for securing computer accounts and online accounts. It's so easy to use - just carry your physical key (or phone) and passwords autofill right in front of you. Always thought that using a new tool would add on extra steps to ensure we use the tool correctly. But with GateKeeper, it's no different than just keeping your phone or keys with you. Computers are left open with no person at the workstation. Instead, computers now lock on their own and no password needs to be memorized. Being password-free is a huge benefit to productivity.

Cons

No cons. The product provides great value for any pc user.

Thank you so much for your support. We strive to offer a seamless workflow experience through wireless password automation. We're glad using a token has made things easier and hope to provide more products soon!

The only proximity-based solution I could find. Simply walk away to lock your PC!

Pros

All you have to do is walk away from your computer, and it automatically locks behind you. There's also a built-in password manager so we no longer have to reuse the same passwords.

Cons

Cost seemed high but the monthly report shows 'total dollars saved' and it essentially pays for itself. Not really a con, but perhaps this could be better relayed.

Thank you for using GateKeeper for proximity 2FA! When employees have their hands full, they don't need to be fiddling with logging into their laptops, websites, and more. We're glad you've upgraded to using a key to login instead of typing passwords. It's important to balance the protection of company data but also let employees keep working with seamless efficiency. We're happy to work with in...

Simple & Clean UI, great customer service

Has allowed for security to become tighter without added hassle in signing in. The password generator and manager is an added benefit to maximize security but not force me to save passwords in several places like a browser, the computer’s storage, etc.

Pros

It was very easy to install and provides security without too much added hassle compared to things like Duo or any of the two factor authentication. Very helpful support staff who answered my questions quickly and thoroughly

Cons

Very slight issue but after about a year of keeping the fob in my pockets with other items, the exterior casing has some scratches

Thanks so much for using GateKeeper for passwordless 2FA! We're glad it was easy to set up compared to other products. We pride ourselves in our support staff's ability to help you transition from typing passwords to more secure and faster tokenized authentication. We are working with leading suppliers of materials to ensure that the outer material will be improved in future manufacturing runs....

Excellent security automation

Pros

Seamless two factor authentication service. Great for our small but growing company.

Cons

Would love some future biometric integrations.

We're so happy to work with you on moving from passwords over to proximity-based 2FA login! Seamless two-factor authentication is EXACTLTY what the problem is when it comes to multiple factors - each one requires more things for the end user to do. Not anymore! Welcome to the passwordless authentication club, sir! We currently have integrations with certain HID biometric fingerprint scanners. Microsoft's...

Easy to use proximity authentication

With GDPR in mind it was important to us that we should be protecting sensitive data on our PCs. You can put in as many secure passwords and restrictions on PCs but if a user leaves a PC unlocked and walks away (To get a coffee for example) then all that hard work is undone. We needed to have a system that would not impact on downtime, it would be no use if the user had to remember to logout or lock their PC and then have to type in a password on return.

Pros

Simple to setup, easy to use. No impact on user experience. Reduces time spent logging in and remembering passwords. Allows for complex passwords that users do not need to remember.

Cons

Would be great if we could get the Halberd branded with our company logo, I believe they are offering this service now.

Highly Recommend Gatekeeper

We are a rural critical access hospital with limited resources. We needed a way to have a secure two factor login. We also wanted to have virtual desktops that would follow our medical staff from room to room. We looked at several vendors, but the cost was way out of our budget. We then discovered Untethered Labs Gatekeeper. It was in our budget and it has accomplished everything we were looking for. The customer service and engineering people have helped us design exactly what we need. They are always available and go out of their way to make sure all of your questions and issues are taken care. I honestly have never worked with a more professional group of people at any other tech company.

Pros

Having a single sign on solution. Ease of use for end users.

Cons

It takes time setting up users. Over the past year this process has improved.

Thanks, Mark! It has been our pleasure to work and support your team to introduce GateKeeper 2FA. We're glad to have helped optimize your medical staffs' workflow by allowing them to resume their session as they move from room to room. We will continue to improve the onboarding process to ensure a smoother experience when adding new users. Thank you.

It makes our executive team feel extremely comfortable knowing that GateKeepers are securing our remote employees' computers. New York is very crowded and there's always the danger of unauthorized access to data.

Pros

Makes provisioning and deprovisioning employees so much easier. Protecting data is made so simple by using GateKeepers. Remote employees can securely and conveniently get their work done anywhere they are. Better than facial recognition.

Cons

Haven't had any issues as yet, and they seem very responsive so not too worried.

We're glad to hear that you've chosen proximity login. We pride ourselves in providing professionals in many industries the most seamless authentication experience available. Please let us know if you have any other password or security concerns you would like to automate using GateKeeper 2FA.

Great software!

Great product, great customer service.

Pros

I like how seamless and user friendly Gatekeeper is.

Cons

Don’t have anything negative to say about Gatekeeper.

We do have very talented software developers that do a great job - thank you! We will pass on your compliments to the team. Making the solution as user friendly and seamless to use is our highest priority. Hopefully, we'll keep making clients feel the same way you do, without anything negative to say! That's quite the compliment - thank you. Most of our customers are also using GateKeeper for...

Makes computer work easier and more efficient

Pros

The password saving was my favorite feature, no more trying to remember to writing them down. Computer locking was nice, I didn't have to worry about leaving my computer open if I got up. The overall sense of security is relieving.

Cons

Forgetting you key is inconvenient, though this is a user error.

We're thrilled you're using GateKeeper to make computer work more efficient! Our wireless password manager is indeed one of our most popular features. Many IT admins and security teams use GateKeeper password manager to enforce long and difficult-to-guess passwords (sometimes 40 characters long) to prevent employees from writing passwords down all the time. Cybersecurity and password stress is...

GateKeeper

Gatekeeper helps protect our company from Privacy Breaches by auto-locking computer instantly when the doctors leave exam room.

Pros

I really like the Gatekeeper how it automatically logs me in as I approach the computer and logs out when I walk away. It also eliminates time having to log in and remembering passwords.

Cons

I have no complaints in regards to gatekeeper at this time.

Thanks, Ajeshni! We're so glad to hear you and Zoe Medical Centre no longer worry about passwords and locking computers anymore by using GateKeeper. Please let others know to try out proximity authentication. Thanks!

Authentication at ease

I have found that the product is a great tool for many industries, but the clients that I focus on in public safety really benefit from a solution like this, especially beat officers. When an officer is in the field, at times they must think quickly and move quickly which in turn can result in an unattended police unit with their MDC unlocked. GateKeeper eliminates the possibility of unauthorized access and allows officers to freely do their job without the worry of CJIS information being exposed to the wrong eyes.

Pros

The fact that if you need to walk away from your workstation, the software auto-locks your device, protecting the information on my workstation from unauthorized access.

Cons

Nothing. The software does a great job for its purpose. One nice to have would be the ability to tie a user to both the key fob and the application, in case the use forgets one or the other.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.