Hushmail

Email, web form, and e-signature solution for healthcare

Hushmail Reviews

Pros

I am a therapist so this was a great solution to ensure my patient's confidentiality as they sometimes do correspond via email.

Amanda R.

Overall I really enjoy using hushmail. I am able to send and receive encrypted messages and this is really important to me as a health care provider.

Esther B.

Excellent experience, outstanding service, superior product.

Melodie S.

Robin F.

Another money-greedy company that now regrets that they didn't start out money hungry and also their customer service sucks.

Katie L.

There is no android app to use, only available for Apple.

Paul P.

4.6

Security for your email

Pros

As a gmail user I really liked being able to secure messages with a pass phrase to ensure that only the recipient of my messages was able to read them.

Cons

Many years ago Hushmail was completely encrypted, but now, in our brave new world, the TOS now stipulates that they can and will turn over your info in the event of court orders.

Encrypted email that’s easy for my clients to use

Customer service is excellent. They get back to me right away. That could be worth the price.

Pros

I like that with Hushmail I can create alias emails for different uses. I like that sending attachments is easy. I like there is an app so I can use it one my phone.

Cons

I guess the only drawback is the price-it should cost a few dollars less. I wish that it didn’t show my return email address to the people I send it to. Here is why. In California, the agency that regulates marriage and family counselors consider emails as advertising. Therefore my email must include my full name, type of license, and my license number. So that pretty much kills the confidentiality...

Hi Triva, thanks for your feedback. It means a lot to us that you're happy with our services. The good news is that you can set up email forwarding addresses using your own domain (e.g. info@InnerFreedomConsulting.com). Our Customer Care team will be very happy to help you set these up. You can reach them either by email, support@hushmail.com, or by phone at 1-877-533-4874. They are available Monday through Friday from 7am to 5pm Pacific Time. Thanks again for your earlier feedback. Our team works hard to make sure you have the services you need, and your satisfaction means everything to us. All the best, Anabeli Fernandez, Marketing Manager

Hushmail-The answer to my email tasks

Husmail is a good value for my small business. Email can be accessed from any where with the internet.

Pros

Hushmail customer service is excellent, fast and effective. The archive function allows for saving all email, from multiple addresses in one place. This helps me monitor my staff communications with clients. If I chose to move from Hushmail, I can keep this one account open for reference. Down time is negligible if any.

Cons

There is no downloaded feature. Downloading email to a computer would negate the HIPAA compliance guidelines, but a choice would be nice. An Android app version is a MUST

Botched information

Pros

This is a HIPAA compliant encryption service.

Cons

I'm grandfathered in to the "free" version, which they apparently no longer offer. To strong-arm me out of a product they did offer, they LIE about information. Every month or so, my "used storage" will jump wildly overnight (from 29% to 248% this month) . I've contacted support, via email about this twice and no one responds -- the confirmation page tells me that "subscription holders will receive priority" Basically, they no longer offer the "free version" and to hell with loyal customers. I was able to set up an automatic reply, directing my clients to contact me ANY OTHER WAY

Thanks very much for your feedback. We're sorry that you didn't have a good experience with our Customer Care team. We tracked down your account and reached out to you to make this right. Thanks again for your feedback.

Great Secure Emails

Has been a great experience. No really issues so far.

Pros

That I am able to offer HIPAA compliant emails. Ability to send encrypted emails. Also was able to send one form in emails.

Cons

I noticed that if I go to add a contact, I frequently have to refresh my screen before selecting to add a client. I would enter the information and then it doesn't do anything unless I refresh, then I have to enter it again. I don't like that other people can't initiate an encrypted message to me, but I am assuming that is not because of Hushmail.

Thanks very much for your feedback. We truly appreciate it. The good news is you can give your clients a way to initiate an encrypted message by using one of our secure contact forms. You can view a sample here: https://www.hushmail.com/secure-forms/templates/general/5b21885200b88-secure-contact-form/ and read more about our secure forms here: https://www.hushmail.com/secure-forms/ Our Customer Care team would be happy to help you get started with forms. You can reach them here: support@hushmail.com. Thanks again for your feedback. We're glad you consider us a 5-star service.

The only way to go is with Hushmail

Awesome, no complaints, very helpful customer service team and quick response time

Pros

Very easy to use! If something does not make sense there is always someone in customer support to help immediately!

Cons

There is nothing I did not like about this software.

HUSHMAIL is outstanding as a product, asset to one's business, with flawless use & great IT support

Excellent experience, outstanding service, superior product.

Pros

Seamless integration of the use of this product into our business. It has been an asset to our work process, with our professional staff as well as patients finding it to be beneficial regarding ease of use. Information is immediately transported to patients who are able to complete forms and provide signatory approval with ease. I highly recommend having one's business forms and forms for signature created by the HUSHMAIL team. Our patients are able to sign via typing their name, using the mouse to do so, or adding a JPG signature.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. It is a superior product per our experience. Thank you, HUSHMAIL!

Fantastic HiPAA-compliant email and more

One of the best purchases ever in my practice. Very reasonably priced, HIPAA-compliant with individual BAA, and also gives you encrypted web forms. Simply great solution.

Pros

I spent a long time looking for a HIPAA-compliant email solution, and I found that and much more in Hushmail. Easy to use, does not require you to change your domain, easy to customize, and very reasonably priced.

Cons

Pretty much no cons to report; customer service is sometimes a but hard to reach right away but they do call back.

GDPR and HIPAA compatible email

Confidentiality of patient data is vital and compliance with current safety requirements is essential and hushmail allows for both.

Pros

Very useful for email exchanges with patients ort colleagues involving protected data.

Cons

Apart from an iOS client there is just the browser interface and it misses a few tweaks like multiple accounts in the same mail box.

Excellent HIPAA-compliant email solution

This is one of the best buys for my practice. Very reasonably priced, HIPAA-compliant with individual Business Associate agreement for no extra charge. Also included are secure web forms which could be used for a variety of HIPAA-compliant functions, such as online check-in or secure contact form.

Pros

Easy to use, will work with your existing domain. HIPAA-compliant without the extra charges so common in this segment. Large storage capacity.

Cons

Nothing. As close to perfect as it gets.

Hushmail is great!

As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) working in the health care industry, I need to be able to send information that is HIPPA compliant. Hushmail makes it easy, and the price is right. My clients love that we can communicate via email quickly. It also adds a level of professionalism to my business. Please note that I do NOT recommend products/services/companies unless I am extremely pleased with them and feel confident others will feel the same way. Also, I am not receiving any compensation or pert for sharing my experience with you.

Pros

Hushmail is very easy to use, customer support is superb, and it fits my limited budget.

Cons

I honestly can not say anything negative about Hushmail.

Exemplary Security

Because I worked with different clients using the software, I had two logins. The logins were browser specific and weren't difficult to manage once I caught on to the way they worked. If this were the only email one used, one would be used to its idiosyncrasies. Working with other formats tested my technological tendencies, sometimes with a little frustration and I am a person who like to try new software.

Pros

Hipaa compliance is important. Encrypted messages for more security Uses your domain as an address, fostering confidence with email recipients. Resource for forms delivered and submitted securely

Cons

When another app forwarded a voice message, listening was difficult to impossible.

Secure Email

Pros

I love that I can send encrypted emails with hushmail and clients can send encrypted emails back to me. This gives me peace of mind when sending information to new clients who have reached out via email, or when communicating with existing clients.

Cons

The user interface is somewhat dated looking. It is a fairly plain interface, but it is very functional so my complaints here are purely aesthetic.

Hushmail for therapy business

Overall it has been relatively easy to use, is an affordable option, and protects client data.

Pros

Hushmail offers encrypted emailing for protecting client information and it is very affordable. It is easy to use.

Cons

It can be a hassle for clients who forget their password because when a password is reset, the email I sent vanishes and has to be resent by me. This is part of their privacy tools so it is actually a good thing but still a pain at times. Sometimes I've had trouble with people being able to view my emails or them going to spam.

Secure and HIPAA compliant email encryption

It has been helpful to have this business need met so I don't have to worry about HIPAA compliance and I can focus on other business operations.

Pros

This was a cost-effective option for meeting requirements for HIPAA-compliant communication. The customer service was helpful in the process of transitioning to this service.

Cons

It was initially unclear to me that I would be able to keep my email address using my own domain name; I thought I was going to have to have the email end with "@hushmail.com" (but I learned this is not the case through consultation with customer service).

Great Value for Clinicians AND Clients

When I work as "covered entity" Hushmail ensures I'm acting in a HIPAA-compliant fashion.

Pros

Hushmail is a great way for clinicians to meet HIPAA security requirements. For clients it's a way they can communicate sensitive material to you.

Cons

Client *may* need to remember to check the Encrypted box to send a secure response.

Best HIPAA email

Pros

Easy to use, the price for multiple email addresses, reachable and efficient customer service

Cons

no app for android phone have to login from a browser

Easy to use with great support

I am able to send and receive secure, encrypted emails that satisfy the requirements of federal law (United States), specifically HIPAA, as well as the ethical principles and code of conduct for my profession.

Pros

Easy-to-understand instructions for me and for my clients who receive the initial encrypted email and then establish a connection with Hushmail to read my emails and communicate with me via encrypted email.

Cons

I have not encountered any problems after one month using the service.

Professional & Simple to Navigate

Positive, professional, and value the privacy and confidential needs

Pros

Primary reason is that HIPAA compliant and received a BAA right away to sign and complete. Software also simple to use thus far as I am a new user. I am not a tech person and appreciate simplistic with helpful tech support...which I have had both! Efficient, quick, AND kind as well.

Cons

I have not played around with it too much just yet..but so far so good!

Hushmail disappointed

None. It was not for me. I can appreciate the intent but until there is a better way to use it, I give it a thumbs down.

Pros

My purpose in using this software was for HIPAA compliant email. It is in fact secure and I did appreciate that component

Cons

My main issue with why I will not continue to use Hushmail is that it is tedious between the sender and recipient to remember a password to access the email. It seems like there should be a better way to either save the password, or something else. What happens is if you are the recipient and you have forgotten your password and your request a password reset then the original email that was sent to you is lost and the sender has to send again. I found it to be very tiring.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry you didn't feel Hushmail worked for you. We're constantly making improvements, and we're currently working on some updates to our message center that will make receiving and responding to messages a little smoother. If you'd like to have a chat with us so we can go through some aspects of our service in more detail, we'd be delighted to hear from you. Please feel free to reach out to me at smilne@corp.hush.com Steph at Hushmail

I love the security

Hushmail is a must if you work for an agency that does not have a secured email software. Often times I am having to email personal emails about myself and/or my clients. I love the encrypted option. It is reasonably priced and HIPPA compliant.

Pros

What I like most about Hushmail is the ability to encrypt my emails. I like that it can be assessed on my smart phone.

Cons

There is nothing I like least about this product.

Great Software

Pros

Super easy to use and gives u the privacy u deserve. Basic email, keeps it simple.

Cons

I appreciate a basic email. There's definetly no sense in making it more complex than it should be.

Hushmail is a Great Option for Forms

Patients are able to fill out forms online with ease. It has cut down on our workload for our front desk and allowed our brand to come across in the initial stages of on-boarding new patients.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service is excellent

Cons

The feature that makes it so that patients cannot directly access the form, they have to request the form first.

First step in ensuring that my practice is HIPAA compliant

HIPAA compliance.

Pros

The value and the ease of usage. The ease of the encrypted emails for the receiver and sender. Able to view on phone, tablet, and laptop. No learning curve. Email suffix is the business name supports the image of the business.

Cons

At this time, I have no issues or concerns with Hush mail. No app in the google play store. No cons at this time

Allows you to send PHIPPA secure mail

I am solving the issue of using a secure Phippa compliant form of communication with my clients.

Pros

Cons

So far, this has been great for both myself and my patients. I cannot think of any cons at this moment.