Jamf Pro Reviews

Jamf Pro

Apple device management & security for IT professionals

Jamf Pro

Great Mac OS Management Utility

Easily manage a large array of apple devices with a MDM solution.

Pros

Very in tune with Apple's releases and updates. Has a flexible API to help developer integrate with other tools easily. All and all it helps us streamline the setup process of our Apple devices.

Cons

Big learning curve but there is a lot of classes/content for you to pick up and get running quickly.

Setup and roll out of iPads is quick and easy with JAMF.

Pros

The auto-updating of apps on student iPads. Before JAMF we were touching every device to install/update apps. Also, the customer service is great!

Cons

The inability to mass remove device records for devices we are removing from JAMF. We removed over 300 devices this summer and each one had to be manually put into a static mobile so they could be removed in a group.

Makes my life a lot easier, managing our Mac's

Pros

Imaging process takes us less than half an hour to complete. We are using a drive with macOS and Casper (JAMF) suite and have distributed them to our other office to make process as uniform and quick as possible

Cons

I wish there's was more training on this process. I find a lot (mostly all) of answers on JAMF Nation, but I just wish there were on-hand training to help me master JAMF Pro

I like how user friendly it is to use. This is our 3rd MDM in our district, so I have experience.

Made my job more efficient, when we haven't had performance issues.

Pros

Ease of use. Very intuitive to use. When it works, it works great and is a very easy experience for the end user. I like the zero touch, we rolled out 8,000 devices this summer, transitioning from another mdm, and was somewhat painless.

Cons

We've had some performance issues, likely our own setup (on premise) so we're working through the growing pains. Happy to hear there is finally a way to delete previous user, that has been real problem for us.

Buyer prospective

Like it but want to love it

Pros

Logical concept in End point management

Cons

Not very mordern to scripting. Missing code repos, deployment and pipeline

Still learning

Pros

The jamf nation is great and friendly for helping out with any issue.

Cons

More training sessions locations would help us learn more deeply

Very Simple

Pros

Jamf is a very simple but very developed tool with unlimited options.

Cons

The price of the software is a little high in comparison to some competitors.

The customer service at JAMF is top notch. No question is too small or insignificant.

Pros

The software is fairly easy to you. It has up-to-date features that are relevant to the each release of Macintosh OS. The JAMF Nation community is beyond compare. All members are eager to help one another.

Cons

Because there are so many rich features, it takes time to learn how to use to it's fullest capabilities.

Overly complicated for our needs

We started using Jamf to maintain the 50 Macs at our school. However, it's so complex and time-consuming to work with that we've pretty much abandoned it. We were spending so much time creating and updating packages and policies that we've found it quicker to just send techs to the machines to make changes in most cases. If we had several hundred then it would be a different story but it's just not a great fit for us.

Pros

Jamf allows you to control your organization's Macs in a similar way to how Group Policy allows you to control PCs. As long as you're very proficient with scripting for Macs then it's a powerful tool. The user community, Jamf Nation, is also extremely helpful in getting things working.

Cons

It's overly complicated for organizations that don't have hundreds of Macs to maintain. Doing anything beyond the absolute basics requires a lot of research and trial and error.

Good product better support.

Pros

Cloud support for server and deploy management. great support team and great user base for support and help.

Cons

Needs more admin workflow support. Needs more cloud platform support. Better support for viewing scripts, packages and policy interaction. support for better view trigger policy fail.

Easy Management

Pros

The features and functionality the easy use and configuration

Cons

the rollout of newer mac os we need more helpful documentations

The Best for Macs

Pros

It's not pure MDM, like the other vendors in the space. It can deploy policies to Macs, which makes a more seamless experience. It also has MDM components. Therefore, if you want to manage Macs and you're not using Jamf, you're doing it wrong. At least for now.

Cons

Specifically for use of Apple devices only. Has a hard time managing and extending capabilities with iOS devices. Initial sticker shock, but the ROI will soon prove worthy

Apple's Mac and iOS devices management made easy

Our organization uses hundreds of iOS devices (iPads and iPhones). Keeping them updated, installing new apps and imaging them required an actual physical connection to a Mac computer with either iTunes or Apple Configurator. Having the option of doing this tasks and much more completely hands off has increased our productivity tremendously.

Pros

The ability to control and administer remotely every aspect of our company's Apple devices.

Cons

If you are new to Apple's MacOS and iOS, the learning curve can be very steep.

I started using the program in July and was certified in Sept I love it and the team

Understanding the company needs and departmental needs. Also the ability to fix issues and narrow down the problem faster.

Pros

The easy of use and quick way of explanation to none users on how to use. I love that I can essentially fix an issue with ease not having to have the device returned to me.

Cons

Reporting can difficult to do for certain reports needed Inventory Updating Message for issues can be a little confusing Compatibility issues without a notice

JAMF is the SCCM of Macs

The best benefit is that we can support our Macs in a corporate work environment. It has really helped with making sure that they are properly handled and secured.

Pros

The best thing about JAMF is that it enables us to support mac computers in a corporate environment. We are able to advertise software as well as re-install MacOS

Cons

There is a decent learning curve to using the software. Specifically when adding policies that apply to the Macs. I am still learning it.

Jamf Pro for german schools

Jamf Pro is a really great product

Pros

The easy way to manage iPads and classes for schools of all levels.

Cons

The price per iPad is more expensive compared to other products. For example Zulu Desk. The cost of training if you also want to manage MacBooks in Jamf pro.

Jamf Review

it's a very helpful tool...easy to maintain, and helps keep mobile devices up to day without having to touch them by hand.

Pros

I had never used JAMF previously. It was fairly easy to understand and implement. Once implemented, it's been easy to use.

Cons

Getting started, there was a bit of a learning curve with the terminology, (Staged groups, Smart groups, Pre-Stage Enrollments, Supervision vs Management)...nothing too terrible.

Beginning our Deployment

So far, the people and training have been fantastic. I am excited to dive deeper into the Jamf experience!

Pros

We are early in our Jamf environment, but the support received has been phenomenal. This is one of the main reasons we are moving to Jamf, as the support, community, training and resources are the best available. Even the pre-requisite training videos were so easy to follow with step-by-step instructions that are vital, yet fool proof.

Cons

I am not able to answer this question at the moment, as we are literally onboarding at the moment.

Has been Great! Onboarded about a month ago and Have been able to get up to speed very quickly

The ability to easily manage our Mac endpoints across our Active directory domain.

Pros

I like the ease of use for managing policies for our devices and users. It has been Super helpful specifically with Auditing encryption across both of our domains.

Cons

There hasn't been a whole lot of negatives that we have had to deal with, The one item that comes to mind is setting up Secure LDAP which has proven to be a difficult task.

From the initial talks to the implementation, everything has been on point and seamless.

Pros

The community is the number one bonus for this tool. JAMF Nation is THE best resource for any enterprise company looking to implement a management tool. You are able to chat with out organization admins to figure out solutions to issues you might be facing.

Cons

The only thing its missing is proper certificate management and re-issuing. Once that comes out the tool will be complete.

Great product, great company.

Pros

The people clearly care about their customers success. I love that they take feedback so openly and that they want to know (they dig to learn) what problems you run in to.

Cons

Data reporting. No charts, highly adaptable in that I can make it produce reports, but no charts. Charts are the way managers review and understand a service because they "don't have time to actually study it."

Frustrating yet satisfying.

Pros

Power it gives when it works. I like that I can push apps to iPads and it does work. I like being able to sync data from Infinite Campus through Apple School Manager and into JAMF for Apple Classroom.

Cons

Lack of Batch updating; lack of exporting data; not being able to perform functions on a selected group of items not in Smart Groups

Deploy and manage small devices through DEP

the ability to deploy apps to multiple devices at once through VPP or user groups.

Pros

How easily you can move through the different tasks with ease. Also the ability to assign devices that were purchased outside of DEP.

Cons

actually I do not current have any cons about the software. I am really a new user in my current role the software performs exactly as it should with minor glitches.

I love this software and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I like that I can take settings or downloads and push them out to all computers in my organization.

Cons

It is a little expensive but good stuff usually is. I haven't hooked up my iPads because of the expense.

It is OK. Works for Mac/Apple

We no longer use it today. I did use it for 4 years prior to just stopping using it.

Pros

It is one of the better ways to bulk manage Apple products. You can ad and remove software and more with the image and management solutions they offer.

Cons

Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Apple/Macintosh honestly does not play well with vendors like Jamf no matter how much both sides will brag about their relationships. Apple will update or change something and Jamf will have to fix something or change something that just stopped working that used to work.