Keeper for Business Reviews

James Ryan

Not Suitable for Business Use

Reviewed 2019-08-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Even though we pay for the "business" level of this software, their support is terrible. Their online chat support is only available for consumer, not for enterprise. There's no phone number for business support. All you can do is fill out a contact form on their support website, and they are extremely slow to respond. When I pushed for a phone number from the "consumer" support person in online chat, they did finally give me a number, but it went straight to voicemail. They eventually called me back and tried to blame me for the problem. They said that if you don't set up your folders from the beginning with "default permissions" then there's nothing you can do afterwards to fix the problem. I explained that when a product advertises itself as "enterprise" grade, they have to understand that (1) employees come and go rapidly; and (2) admins must have full authority to edit permissions on any record within the organization, especially those created by previous admins or employees. If any of your employees stores a record as "Read Only" then not even an admin can change this. If that employee leaves the company there's no way for you to ever change the records that the employee created. The Keeper support person made it seem as if this is a perfectly normal and logical way to do things, and tried to blame me for "not setting up the default folder permissions correctly at the beginning". Of course, I wasn't the one who set it up originally, that was a previous admin!

Pros
Allows you to set up teams and roles. Allows you to upload your company logo.

Cons
This software is not suitable for businesses who have to manage multiple users. Even though the software allows you to create "Shared Folders", the records stored in each folder are still owned by individual users. So, even if you are an administrator and you have admin privileges on a shared folder, you still can't edit records that were saved by other users. If those users go on to leave the company, you will be permanently unable to edit those records. In a large company, people come and go, so you could end up with hundreds of "orphaned" records that you are unable to manage.

Anonymous

Terrible Customer Service!

Reviewed 2018-08-27

Pros
When it worked, it was terrific in keeping passwords, etc. Synced to all my Mac devices. had a bitter divorce from it recently, little/no hope of reconciliation.

Cons
couldn't transfer Keeper to an iPhone X. Customer service absolutely horrible. Kept sending rote responses, never addressed my issues. Thought I had successfully installed on new phone but now it won't open at all,

Response from Keeper Security

We're sorry that you are upset. Please email me at andy@keepersecurity.com and we'll help you out.

Jeanette Pascuzzi-Heacock

Hostage !!!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-10-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Was nice when it was free. Easy to use. Stay away. don't be fooled. Nothing.nothing nothing. Nothing. Thieves. Liers.

Cons
They changed their subscription and licked my passwords from my access until I now pay for access to my passwords. Don't use it. Don't believe their lies

Anonymous

Pretty annoyed. I uninstalled after a couple of weeks.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
It was easy and quick to sign up and start storing my passwords. It even has a way to help you organize your logins by type.

Cons
The browser extension is wonky. Sometimes the icon would appear in the text boxes of my login screens, and would cover up what I was typing. I uninstalled if after having several issues like this.

Response from Keeper Security

We're sorry that our extension did not meet your expectation. For any product issues, please contact support@keepersecurity.com.