LastPass Reviews - Page 3

2,489 reviews

Easy and seemless

Pros

The LastPass app and browser plugins work seemlessly together across whatever device I'm using. On mobile, it allows for app passwords, not only websites.

Cons

Sometimes the Android app stops running in the background or loses its permissions. Not sure if it's an Android issue or a LastPass app issue.

Game changing tool.

Seriously, a game changer for our team. Allows users to have access to their own passwords vaults on both their PCs, Macs, mobile devices. But then we also have shared accounts that we manage as a team. It's nice to be able to share and manage those accounts, so when a user leaves the company, they're not taking credentials for these accounts with them. It's been a great tool for us.

Pros

LastPass makes keeping track of passwords possible, even for a team using shared accounts. For the most part, it handles creating / managing sites completely on its own. Easy to share / export lists or vaults. Makes it possible to manage access to passwords when a team member leaves the company, etc. Has been a great tool for us.

Cons

It can be a little cumbersome to setup the first time, but it's not because of the tool, just because of the amount of information that needs to be entered.

The Perfect Program

Overall, I don't know where I would be at with my business without LastPass. I've used it for years and it has made everything seamless between my clients, my business, and my employees. Saves me more time than I can describe.

Pros

There are so many amazing features that it's hard to list them all. I love that LastPass automatically stores your password in the correct category so it's easier to find when you need it. The fact that it automatically pops up when you login using a password that's not saved, so you can hit one button and store the password is very helpful. It's also amazing that you can share passwords with someone so easily and they can share with you. The fact that the free version is so useful, really urges people to want to support the company. It doesn't feel like they're trying to cheat you. Some companies will make their free version sound too good to be true but, not LastPass.

Cons

The only complaint I have after being a long term user of this program is the fact that when you update a shared password, you have to resend it through email. Although I see the usefulness in this, it has confused a few of my clients and caused a mess more than once. Maybe an easier way to update these passwords is to ask the user updating the password if they would like to share the update with those it's shared with. Then, it can automatically update it for those they want to still share it with and those they don't. It could make it less confusing.

Pros

Online password management tools are an important tool for anyone using the internet. They get rid of the problem of utilizing the same password for multiple websites, plus they often mean the website hacker breaching one of your accounts, or stealing your online identity. I have been using LastPass for a few years now, so here is an overview of the app. LastPass is a cloud-based password managing solution that features many features to simplify your online experience. This app is the ultimate set-it-and-forget-it solution. Easy and intuitive to use and very convenient.

Cons

Cloud storage might not be everyone's cup of tea. The app operates on almost any platform, (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS (Premium), and Windows Phone (Premium). LastPass stores your data on the company's servers (called the Vault). This is different from other online password management tools which store your computer data in files on your device. This setup holds some benefits for individuals who...

LastPass is a Life Changer for Me, I Love It

I will continue using Lastpass happily ever after.

Pros

As a developer, i need to access many sites or apps regularly. And for all these sites I need a username and password. And like everyone, I forgot my username and password quite often. So, before start using LastPass I used to have an excel file to store all my usernames and password, which was not very user friendly and error-prone. And on an occasion, one of my clients shares website access via LastPass...

Cons

It's a little difficult to access LastPass manger if you try to access it from a new location and even if you have the right authentication. I know its for security purposes but in important moments it's annoying.

Amazing software for password protection

Overall I am really happy with this software and would highly recommend it. I really like having all my passwords stored in one place and to not have to remember them all is fantastic!

Pros

I have so many passwords and with software I don't have to remember any of them. It can create very secure passwords so you don't have to think of one and It can be as many characters as you need it to be. I really like that the phone app uses my fingerprint to access my passwords so when I need to access a site to log that's all I need as it use to be a challenge when using apps that requires passwords. I like that it recognizes passwords that are weak and can search your system for ones that should be change to be more secure. I like that it is integrated with your web browsers so when you go to a specific website that requires a password Lastpass already has your username and password for easy login.

Cons

I understand that Lastpass is a super secure website to store all your passwords but the only thing I don't like is the process or lack there of to recover a password if you forget it. I don't want to have to delete my account as this was the issue I was facing a few months ago. I ended up getting my IT department to help out but for a personal user to have to delete there whole account for forgetting a password is not good. There should still be a secure way to recover a password without having to delete your account.

Dirt simple password vault

I have used it for years and it works exactly as expected. I have not needed to switch since I started.

Pros

One fault for all devices to be able to log in and secure all my accounts. I also love that I can save notes and share securely with people.

Cons

The 2 factor is a bit annoying on mobile but it works well enough. Also, people are unhappy you have to have paid to use on desktop and mobile but I am fine paying for goof software.

LastPass the best and most friendly option for home and work

We have made our computers more secure by not saving passwords to our browsers and save a lot of time on our daily activities from resetting or entering passwords because LastPass auto-fills and auto-logins for us!

Pros

We like the fact that we can organize passwords in folders and secure them with 2-Factor Authentication. Also we can store more than passwords, such as addresses, bank accounts and notes. As a company we have many accounts from suppliers, stores and customers and imagine that we need to login from multiple computers at the same time depending on where we receive a phone call. Password generation as well as auto-fill and auto login for websites is very cool feature that many other password managers don't offer. The suggestion to update/store passwords every time we login is a time-saver. It can save passwords from apps too! Password exporting is very easy if you need an offline copy.

Cons

In the past every time we closed the browser we needed to login from the beginning to the browser plugin. It's fixed now. Other than that I don't have anything to comment.

LastPass Enterprise is required for many of my network because it really works

Excellent, it keeps my passwords safe and organized, and allows me to work with people without giving them the password "keys to the kingdom", so I retain control but can still work with people where ever they live. For a larger company to a small business with outsourcers, this is a must have tool.

Pros

Last Pass solves the password problem with security that is hard to match in my experience. Virtually every experienced business I work with uses this, because security issues in the past few years have made the old ways of keeping passwords - within your browser - a bit more dangerous than before. By using LastPass i can give access to my virtual and remote employees to any of a number of tools and they never get the password, and I can revoke access. Instead of fumbling around for a way to keep passwords, we back this up and in case of emergency, have an extra layer of security and know our passwords are safe.

Cons

The Chrome extension is what I like least, since I use Chrome alot and it crashes frequently. LastPass takes more and more memory, which isn't a negative (and more a sign I'll need to upgrade my computer once again), so the browser crashing is here and there, not an always on problem. Sometimes when I have multiple users share their logins to the same tool, like Mailchimp, LastPass will get in a bit of a battle of which password and user wins, but that's more a specific agency problem than one the average user would face.

Best in the game

I started using it to keep track of so many different accounts and it’s passwords and after getting used to actually using the software, I just started to understand how important it is to have unique passwords. So that’s a huge benefit.

Pros

The synchronization feature, the way it works with the browser, very easy to use and very safe.

Cons

The safe design, it’s quite confusing to copy passwords or login information if you’re on the browser.

Good but with keeps logging out

Cybersecurity has become a very important thing to care about, having a password manager like lastpass helps a lot to avoid vulnerabilities due to the use of weak passwords or shared passwords between multiple accounts. If you are considering do no think twice and choose one it could be LastPass or any other but Lastpass has the LogMeIn backup history of security too

Pros

It is great to generate and change passwords, also storing passwords in one place with access from different devices, its browser extensions make the job very easy! It has a great monitoring too to let you know when to change a password.

Cons

I have a very strong master password, for obvious reasons, I do not store that password online, well the app on the phone, the browser extension in just every computer keeps logging out everytime! Everytime I needed even if you select not to log out it keeps doing it and it is very frustrating

LastPass good product but let down by support

Overall my experience with the product itself was good. It has been very reliable over many years and contains most of the functionality you need. There are some features they have been slow to implement though and competitors have certainly taken the lead now though.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has been my go too for many years. It's fast, responsive and reliable. The integration of a personal account into your business account is superb, you can easily segregate your work and personal password management and if you move on from a company carry on using the personal account.

Cons

One area they could improve is the password creation capabilities. The ability to create passphrases would be beneficial. The area where they really let themselves down though is on support. The time to receive a response was poor and the response itself was inaccurate.

Not the best one out there

meh

Pros

It is fairly easy to use, the synchronization works very good. I also like the ability to automatically change passwords

Cons

The enforce to charge money for the use is not best practices from my point of view. They payment also doesn't gives many features as the free, just because they wanted to do it. The integration with android fails so much and so many times! it is far from fair

Solid Password Management

Very satisfied with product and experience

Pros

Really like the ability to manage payment cards (and many other types of secure data) as well as login and account credentials

Cons

difficult to keep up with evolving login patterns on account sites

Great way to share passwords with other team members

Crucial tool for sharing and secure your passwords

Pros

Lastpass eliminates the needs to manually share and save passwords. The password shared folder makes it very easy to share logins without showing the passwords to other users.

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome extension can be slow. Lastpass on Android requires enabling permissions every time the autofill feature is used.

Solid cloud based, collaborator friendly password vault

Saves me time and gives me the feeling my passwords are strong and securedly stored.

Pros

I've been using LastPass since 2010 I believe, both for business and personal use. There's a lot of positives, like the organizing features, password strength checks, random password generation, automatic password changing (when supported by the website), a plethora of 2FA options and of course, excellent browser integration. I'm also using LastPass together with some colleagues, both in IT and outside of that, in other departments. I have linked my personal, free LastPass account to my business one, so I don't have to switch accounts, with the logging out and in hassle. LastPass also offers mobile apps, secure notes and form fill templates. It's all pretty nifty. As a business user, support is fast and quite good.

Cons

The mobile Android app can be a bit buggy. Even the Chrome addon sometimes has issues, for example with registering the correct username or e-mail address entered while registering somewhere, or small bugs, mostly UI related. It's not 100% solid, but, say, 90%. User-friendlyness can also be improved for less tech savvy users. Many colleagues of me find LastPass difficult. It's not entirely due to LastPass actually being difficult or not user friendly, but I think they can do just a little more in the UI department to make things easier to grasp.

Password Storage useful when you cannot remember but need to use secure passwords

I have used LastPass for years to store passwords and have been very pleased. Life without it would be very difficult. The price has increased every year, but I have not considered getting rid of it because of the inherent usefulness.

Pros

Generally, this gives instant (autofill) access to all the passwords you have stored for each site. When autofill fails it is fairly simple to enter LastPass and copy and paste. This has prevented me from constantly having to reset passwords I cannot remember or cannot remember the individual rules for each site (like no special characters, etc.) Specifically, by having this password storage option, I can use individual secure passwords for different sites without reusing the same passwords over and over.

Cons

The biggest issue with LastPass is the reliability on non-Chrome based browsers. On mobile platform, I prefer Mozilla, but LastPass only works sometimes in Mozilla Mobile. Usually, I end up having to switch to Chrome to use LastPass on many sites, at least reliably. I also use Opera and Last Pass doesn't work at all with Opera. On the desktop, Chrome is very reliable, and Edge is pretty reliably in terms of working with LastPass. I do not use Mozilla or Opera on desktop anymore, but the lack of compatibility with Last Pass is part of the issue. I feel unnecessarily tied to a Chrome based browser to be able to use Last Pass.

Necessary if you work with more than one computer.

Of all my day to day work, it's probably the one I use the most. Both personally and professionally. Being able to access my passwords even on shared computers makes productivity go up. Without a doubt, once you get used to it, you can't work without lastpass.

Pros

The ease of synchronization between computers. Having it inside a Google Chorme addon makes it very easy. And if I switch from computer to laptop, in one click I have everything updated.

Cons

It used to be free. And since it's paid. But it is well worth the less than 2 euro I pay now. I have not found a better one (neither paid nor free).

Small bugs can be irritating but GREAT software and value for the money

I love the software and highly recommend it for every team. It promotes strong passwords and consolidates all credential information into a safe place. In addition, it makes entering credentials easier with autofill. The price is right, it works on a variety of platforms (including linux), and it works.

Pros

This is great for consolidating all of your accounts and passwords into one place. And, with it all in one place, it's easier to have randomly generated passwords becase LastPass will automatically sign you in to sites. The free version does everything you need. The Pro version is really just to support the company which is why I pay for it. The value is great, it works on multiple platforms, and it's easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Cons

There are small bugs such as LastPass not offering to remember an updated password sometimes. This can be annoying as it would force you to either hedge against that happening by copying the new PASSWORD into a text file somewhere or change the password again If you trusted the software to detect the change. It may be something that the specific sites are doing but it's annoying none the less. Other bugs include having to refresh the site to get autofill to work or the button to show up or having URL differences force the app to not recognize that you already have a login for this site. These bugs don't happen too often but when they do, they are annoying.

The best among many annoying options

It is a godsend in a world awash with threats. There is no way I'd be able to securely manage the hundreds of login credentials I require any other way.

Pros

LastPass is the best way I've found to make many, many passwords accessible and keep them organized. I also find the ability to generate and access long, complicated and very secure passwords invaluable.

Cons

The most annoying aspect of LastPass isn't really about LastPass. It's about the way browsers handle its integration. Use is fairly stable over time, but browsers and individual sites regularly change login protocols and the way LastPass functions on any given login page will vary over time.

Does what it should and does it well

Pros

LastPass makes managing hundreds of passwords easy and safe. I especially like the auto fill options.

Cons

Every time I reboot my phone, I have to manually start LastPass. Then it stays running.

The Last Password you will need to remember

I use LastPass to avoid remembering hundreds of passwords and also to dare to use new and secure passwords that otherwise I would never remember. Overall a great tool to improve our security and performance online.

Pros

LastPass has saved me hours on recovering lost passwords, remembering them and also has improved the safety of my credentials. I have to deal constantly with hundreds of different passwords, when I develop a piece of software I will be dealing with at least five sets of passwords: server, admin panel or CMS, FTP or similar, assets delivery and .git repository. To remember those and to manage them has...

Cons

In the beginning, it feels a bit creepy to keep all your passwords in one place that syncs with the cloud, a lot of "what ifs" come to my mind. Recently they had a security breach as well. It might feel unsafe at the beginning but then you realize that it's way worse to save your credentials in plain text or to suffer by trying to remember them. Sometimes I found bugs on the Chrome extension when trying to accept shared credentials, for some reason the button wasn't working.

Secure and Simple

As a software developer with many accounts, Last Pass has saved me from remembering lots of passwords and prevented me from re-using the same password everywhere. Its definitely improved my online security a lot more and it works on my chrome browser and my android phone. It also lets me do a security check of my account and warm me of old passwords that could be changed.Overall love using the product for both personal and work related accounts.

Pros

Easy to add existing passwords automatically with a click when you log in. Its easy to update a password and use an auto-generated secure password. Auto-generated passwords are easy to create and customize to meet website requirements. Available on so many platforms and devices. Warns you if passwords are compromised, old, duplicated or too weak. Categorize accounts you have saved.

Cons

Seldom it does not integrate well with some websites and the auto change password feature does not usually work as advertised.

Best password management tool out there.

Pros

Lastpass makes it easy to save and remember passwords. This allows you to create and save logins with complex passwords keeping your data safe. Furthermore, you can save other things in your LastPass vault such as credit card info, secure notes, etc. Lastpass also keeps up to date by providing a variety of addional security options such as OTP authentication, multifactor authentication via your...

Cons

When sharing login credentials with another user, there is an option to let them view or not view the password. This is a bit misleading as, if you choose to NOT let them view the password, they can still see it in plain text by using inspect element on any browser and changing the password field from password to text. It is really, really easy to do. But, as long as you are aware of that, it's fantastic!

Everyone needs a Password manager

Working with a team means everyone needs access to sensitive data. If someone is unsecure, it can cause big security issues for our organization and our clients organisations. Also, coming up with new passwords takes time and energy. Generating a password makes sure you use a unique password within seconds. LastPass is a low cost and highly effective way to save of hours of repeating tasks, like updating a website or of online shopping.

Pros

LastPass is indispensable for our online business. We manage so many websites of our own and clienst, that it takes a lot of time to manually manage all the information . Saving lots of time and imporved safety are the most important reasons to use a Password manager.

Cons

After using another computer I have to enter the Master password again. Sometimes I wish I could easily add a trusted PC, although this is probably safer.