LastPass Reviews - Page 5

2,489 reviews

Absolutely indispensable password/notes manager.

I manage hundreds of passwords - some I use every some I haven't used in years. But I only know a few of them. LastPass lets me be blissfully ignorant of the frustrations of password management by just handling the whole process for me.

Pros

Cloud-based, so it's everywhere you are. It stores EVERYTHING. I can sit at a new PC or a spare one in the office, and in a few seconds, have access to all of my bookmarks, passwords, secure notes... It's instant, always available, and very smart with its automatic logins. Clearly, security is a big concern when you allow one program to know all of your confidential information - especially a cloud-based one, so the 2-factor authentication is a must and works seamlessly with your mobile device. No need to sync, easy to share, always available across all devices and takes your privacy seriously. That's a win all around.

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome plug-in feels clunky. It doesn't always snap right to the results you ask for. The Firefox plug-in just feels more polished somehow. The mobile experience isn't nearly as seamless as the desktop platform, unless you're using the LastPass browser, but it's still superior to other password managers I've seen at any price.

Makes my life so much easier!

LastPass has saved me so much time since the moment I started using it. I used to have a password-protected word doc that I would copy/paste my login info onto - if I remembered or felt like taking the time to open and unlock it, which often didn’t happen. This asks if you want to save new login info it detects you entering and automatically creates an entry for that software, including a link to the page. It’s also very secure so I feel safe using it. I’ve recommended it to people in the past and had them thank me months later for recommending it to them. (Hey, whatever I can do to make people’s lives easier while also supporting a company I respect...)

Pros

I don’t use this through work but I’ve had a personal account for at least 5 years now, and store both personal and work passwords in it. I absolutely LOVE that I never have to write down or remember another password again. And the auto fill feature (on both desktop and mobile) makes this software so easy to use!

Cons

Nothing. I love everything about it. (And no, I don’t work for this company, just a big fan 🤓) Granted, it’s the only paid password storage software I’ve ever used so I don’t have much to compare it to, but I love everything about it.

Give this to your parents for Christmas

Pros

I love that I can access all my passwords via one secure master password. It works on my phone, in my browser. It auto-completes on websites (and importantly this can be disabled per domain)and generates secure passwords during signup. I can login to the website if I need to access a password on the move, and I set my dad up with LastPass and I know his master password, which makes all of his inevitable daughter-tech-support phone calls much much easier to handle. My favourite feature might be the form-fill feature, so I store addresses and cards and LastPass autocompletes forms for me. I hate filling in forms while online shopping or signing up to services because I never remember my details, but now I don't have to :D. It's also great for securely sharing passwords with others.

Cons

My main complaints are related to user interface. The admin panel is difficult to navigate and confusing, but fortunately other than initial setup, you don't spend too much time interacting in the admin panel, so it's manageable. The chrome extension also crashes occasionally which is annoying but turning it off and on again usually fixes it.

Lastpass Enterprise- The Best Password Manager!

Lastpass Enterprise gives that extra layer of security. Because it's very secure and also helps to generate very unique and secure passwords, it helps to keep my accounts safe. The passwords sharing feature has always made is easy and convenient to share passwords with colleagues.

Pros

The one thing I like most is that I no longer have to remember all the passwords I use for my numerous accounts. This is very convenient and good for security because it means I can now use very strong passwords generated by the app and not worry about forgetting them. Another great feature is how it can perform security audit for weak passwords and offer to change them to more secure ones. I also love how Lastpass allows us to share passwords. This is a very cool feature that we use regularly, especially where multiple users need to access the same account. Lastly, the mobile apps are well designed, are easy to use and works flawlessly.

Cons

I've encountered situations where the app fails to save passwords for certain sites. The only way I've been able to solve this problem is by manually entering the password into the password database. The Chrome extension tends to crash a lot for reasons I don't seem to get.

great tool to keep your passwords safe. everyone should be using this in this day and age

I love this app, and will continue to use it for as long as it is supported

Pros

LastPass is a great tool to keep your passwords safe. From the others that I have tried, they have the best interface and features. Other products will do the same, but not as polished as LastPass. Another plus is that they are now backed by a bigger company (LogMeIn) so their product will be around and supported for a much longer time than a smaller company. They recently upgraded to a pay for play model (small yearly fee). I think this was a good move on their part, as a product that protects your passwords and is free makes you wonder where the revenue is coming from. THis way, you know (hopefully) that their income is coming from direct payments vs them selling your data

Cons

I guess a con would be that sometimes the form fill does not seem to work, and you have to manually open the app to force it to fill. also, sometimes an exact match will not be present, but the app fill service does not allow you to search for a password. You need to get out and go into the app itself, and copy the password. other than that, this app is rock solid!

Lastpass is essential

Lastpass lets me no longer keep a paper list of passwords. It will generate strong passwords for you, and when you change a password at a website, Lastpass offers to update the password in Lastpass. I use the family plan so I can share some passwords with family members while reserving most passwords for myself. I feel much more secure with Lastpass, and it is much easier to maintain login security now.

Pros

Lastpass not only stores passwords, it also works as a list of bookmarks or favorites for all your sites that require a login. Lastpass integrates into your browser, and you click on the icon, search the first few letters of the site you want to go to, and the site appears. Click, and Lastpass autofills your user ID and password. This is sooooo much better than having a paper list of passwords!

Cons

My only regret is that it took me so long to start using a password manager at all. You should definitely use the dual-factor authentication feature, because before I started using dual factor authentication, Lastpass would stay active even if I shut down my computer and turned it back on again. That means a thief could have turned on my laptop and had access to everything, which would have been awful. With dual factor authentication, Lastpass is disabled any time the computer is restarted and re-enabled when you conduct your dual factor authentication.

Password manager number one

Altough not perfect, this is best password manager and only acceptable with lot of features on Android. Windows is being done with any competitor, Android is really fully covered with lot of functionalities.

Pros

Laspass is password manager on steroids. Most important, it allows autocomplete and generating (and remembering) secure passwords. Passwords can be shared with coworkers securely. All you need is to remember one secure passwords and let lastpass help you remember or generate passwords for any site or application.

Cons

Autocomplete has issues sometimes, it closes the window, but that's rarely. Password sharing with coworkers could be more intuitive. Password generator is decent but "readable" passwords are still bit complicated (if you want to remember password specifically). Master password can be reset if you have access to your mail (that's ok functionality, but not secure). They also had breaches which is not great.

Simple to use with many advanced features

I use this for personal use, primarily as a password manager and credit-card filler. It does allow storing random notes and attachments to I do store some keyfiles that need to be secure.

Pros

I can remember one strong password for unlocking the vault and I can use it to generate random secure passwords so I don't use the same password on all sites.

Cons

It adds a LastPass icon to login fields and occasionally this overlays a UI element that I need to click. For example, logging in to Apple.com can be a little frustrating. But this is pretty rare.

Single most useful tool I use (for business or personal)

LP for Business has enabled better cross team (and cross-departmental) communication & information sharing, and has allowed us to more quickly ramp up into new tools and support new hires in getting onboarded - since all essential information is in one central place. Would absolutely recommend for every startup balancing numerous tools and business softwares.

Pros

The shared vault feature for login information has been exceptionally valuable for tracking the myriad of portals/tool logins that our department uses at work - in addition to personal user logins for other business tools. Past jobs I've worked at have had outdated internal wikis or something similar to track this kind of information - which was so much less useful and dynamic. The browser extension makes it so easy to verify login info, as well as generating secure passwords (which is helpful in Customer Facing role at a SaaS company, when users forget their password and need a secure reset).

Cons

It was a bit of an ordeal to get logged back into my account when I lost my master password - but this is ultimately a good thing because it means my information is truly secure for the price of a minor inconvenience

LastPass Review

We use LastPass credentials manager a lot on daily basis already for many years. We recommend it for our customers as well.

Pros

LastPass is the most advanced credentials management software I ever used before. It has many different options to remember your credentials for various of webservices. Also I like the MFA code generation feature which helps me to quickly log in to MFA-protected web resources. Our team use LastPass to store all our company secrets. LastPass checks and warns us if any of stored password was leaked to public access and offers to change it immediately.

Cons

There are still some features we miss. Would be great to have integrated password management available for some non-web applications like TeamViewer, Microsoft RDP client, etc. Previously there was a LastPass Windows client available which partially provided that feature but later it was deprecated. Also I can complain on slow web GUI interface of LastPass Vault page. Searching for store credentials may lag and sometimes hangs.

Solves most things except employee slack

I mentioned in my Pro's that I have and employee who would write down all of her passwords in an unsecure Word document on a shared company folder. This is bad. Not only that, but her passwords were (literally) 'password1234' and she didn't do any 2FA. While LastPass hasn't completely resolved this issue (lazy is as lazy does?) I have been able to use this tool to remove a good portion of password control from her. Now I, or whomever needs to, can establish a secure password and securely share the credentials with the people who need them.

Pros

I hate 99% of passwords out there. People either use the very simple passwords (myDogsName1234**) or the same password for multiple sites. They even write them down. Even worse, I had an employee write down all of her credentials in a Word Document and save it to a shared network site where anyone in the company could gain access. Best part, this person was responsible for accounting and payroll!

Cons

This is a rather small nit, but when using it on a phone, LastPass doesn't always recognize that you want it to auto-fill so every once in a while I need to switch out of whatever app I'm in, switch and log into LastPass, copy the password, then paste it back into the app.

Highly Recommend

Pros

I had been looking for a password manager for some time that is safe, secure, and easy to use - and I definitely found it. What I like most is the ability to save more than one account per site/software. This is extremely helpful for me as I typically work with more than one email for different reasons (work email vs personal email). I don't believe that this software would be very safe or functionally for the work that I do. I work with multple client accounts, so a software that had more levels to entry would be better. However, highly recommend this password managing software for personal use.

Cons

The one thing I would suggest to be beneficial, is the ability to save more than one password per entry. For example, I have a few accounts that require two separate passwords for a single login. This is a unique instance, but for LastPass is only recognizes the first and usually the first password keeps appearing even when I am trying to type in the second. Besides that, I really have no cons for this software, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a simple password manager (for personal use only).

This tool is just perfect for those who forget

It's a great tool that made my virtual life a lot easier. I have to remember only one password now, I don't have to be concerned about my security and I always can easily access all of my logins. I'm very forgetful, that's why LastPass is so fantastic for me.

Pros

I always forget stuff. And when you have dozens or even hundreds various tools to use, you either forget your passwords, or use the same one. Well, I'm all about my privacy and safety, so using one password was not an option. That's why I started using LastPass. It's just fantastic. You set it up once and then it does all for you. It will create you especially difficult passwords, every time it will be a different one. And only you'll be able to access all your tools and logins. LastPass will fill everything for you. It definitely makes your life easier. And it works on all platforms! Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, even Chrome OS that I use sometimes! It's fantastic!

Cons

Sometimes LastPass might crash on Chrome OS. It's fine on Windows or Chrome browser but on Chrome OS it's a bit less stable. However, not many people use that OS, and I don't use it that often too, so I'm absolutely fine with that.

The easiest way to secure your passwords and retrieve them easily!

The best way to keep passwords secure on the web for your enterprise

Pros

- Instant updating in the cloud - Secure storage - Password Generator is very secure - Easily accessible on any website

Cons

- Frequently creates duplicate password saves that is unnecessary - Sometimes miscategorizes password categories - No desktop app to store passwords incase of no internet access

Better than a spreadsheet or a sticky note

Overall, my experience has been stellar. Much better than the competition. Easy to use and easy to share passwords with team members and family.

Pros

Web based and no need to download a file to import to access my passwords. The mobile app integrates directly with almost every app I have and I can login using my LastPass stored credentials.

Cons

I wish there was a field for tags. There is a "Folders" feature but I would love the ability to tag my passwords and easily sort them.

My go-to security app!

I've been using it exclusively as my credentials manager for several years. I was so impressed with the free version, I opted to pay for the upgrade for the extra features.

Pros

Its ease of use. Using the browser extensions, which are available for nearly all browsers, make this simple to use. Simply login and all of your secret data is available.

Cons

Occasionally, the browser extension won't work unless the page is refreshed, then usually it work fine. It's a bit of a "gotcha" for new users.

Integrated Security Across Teams and Devices

Pros

In an era of constant cyber security threats, intentional password management has become a necessity for our organizations, and a tool that allows us to securely distribute access to different systems, and enable our teams to maintain more advanced and complex passwords (without having to individually memorize a 30+ character alpha-numeric string) is essential to ensuring security adherence across our systems.

Cons

Some sites do struggle to enable autofill of passwords, which requires users to need to copy and paste their usernames and passwords, but otherwise, we have very few issues with the tool.

Indispensable, essential security tool, but still has some quirks.

Peace of mind. Security.

Pros

Everyone needs unique logins for every website and service we use. This is the easiest to master tool for creating and managing passwords or across devices that I've tried. It's also the least expensive. The pricing tiers (basic essential tools are free) prove that LastPass as a company is committed to making the Internet a safer place for users, not just to make money. Advanced functionality is paid for by the companies that need it, not by average consumers. This makes me loyal, and I've paid the yearly fee even though I don't absolutely have to. Customer service is also excellent and responsive, particularly on Twitter. LastPass has also finally addressed some UI problems with their iOS app.

Cons

Logins and passwords are not always captured, or saved. Doesn't happen very often, but it does. In addition, I have an ongoing problem with WordPress.com. My main account is on the subdomain, en.wordpress.com, but when I go to simply wordpress.com, LastPass doesn't list that login as one of the saved ones. Very frustrating, and hasn't been solved in the years since I reported it.

My go-to password manager for myself and my clients.

It makes my workflow much easier and saves a lot of time when I have multiple passwords for myself and clients stored. My clients tend to have very simple and unsafe passwords and they seem to struggle to come up with stronger passwords. With the generator, it makes it simple for them. They also don't seem to know where to store more complicated passwords and it always became my responsibility. I also love that I can share my clients' passwords with team members very easily and without them actually seeing the password. It never felt right to share passwords over text messenger as you don't know how secure they are. I would hate my clients' websites to be hacked on my watch. LastPass ensures this doesn't happen.

Pros

I love that LastPass is extremely simple to use and easily integrates into my workflow and as a plugin on my computer. I have it pinned to my taskbar and honestly can’t remember how I managed without it! Sharing passwords with multiple clients and then having to share those passwords with multiple team members never really felt like the right thing to do. My clients would also have extremely weak passwords, so it would always be up to me to generate stronger ones – but then of course they could not remember the passwords so it would always be up to me to store them – indefinitely and to give them the password the whole time because they didn’t know where to store it. Needless to say, LastPass is a huge game-changer for my business.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about LastPass.

Best Password manager across - iOS, Android, Windows, Mac

Great. Would recommend it.

Pros

-Daily user since past 3 years - Works all the time - Used it across Mac, Windows, Android - Used it across edge, chrome,Mozilla. - Easy setup in 5 minutes to create a profile on any new computer - Says security breach possibility - Easy to share with team.

Cons

- Multi-factor authentication is sometimes a pain - Even on entering the correct password, it sends login failed but sends an approval request to the email ( not intuitive until you figure out ) - The mobile app requires you to log in very frequently

Ryan's LastPass Review

Very positive. Our failed login attempts and frustration across the organization has been significantly reduced. LastPass creates a 'Single Source of Truth' for our passwords and logins.

Pros

Ease of use. The power to generate strong secure passwords and the how easy it is to safely share them among associates.

Cons

Some administrator tasks can be a little confusing. For admins, it takes a little while to get the hang of some aspects of the product. The conversion between "new dashboard" and "old dashboard" can be tricky.

Is LastPass Safe?

Security Wise, LastPass is the way to go. I am very convinced that it is very safe to use, just keeping in mind not to forget the Master Password of your passwords. And So Far, I have never encountered anything that seem to be threatening and hopefully would never come across to something like that.

Pros

Totally worth it. The Software is affordable considering what it does. Also, the App is User Friendly and it delivers what is supposed to do, for a person like me who always forgets passwords and uses different passwords on different websites to make it more secure LastPass is doing a great job. I also love how it suggest to strengthen the password when detected as weak password. This I think is very helpful in making the accounts more secure.

Cons

I am not happy with their customer service, as it takes time to resolve issues as they can only be contacted through Email. One of the problems I encountered before is forgetting the Master Password, which made me really upset as the app never store the Master Password, so I needed to contact the Customer Service though Email and it took time before I could get to all my accounts that day.

LastPass is a great enterprise-ready product for secure password storage and sharing

It has been a great enterprise tool that has kept us from storing password in insecure places or sharing passwords using insecure means (i.e., email)

Pros

Solid security, good organizational structure, functional browser plugins, easy integration with MFA

Cons

It can be difficult to share passwords from folders where you can view the current password, but are not allowed to share. This means you end up creating a duplicate of that item in a space where you can share just so that you can exchange the password with someone else. This duplication can lead to future confusion when you are updating sites and passwords.

The Hero We Needed

Before we began using LastPass, we were using a small variety of very poor methods for managing our shared user accounts. In many cases we were sharing passwords via encrypted email, which made it easy to archive but difficult to search. It was also impossible to audit who had a record of the account, or to simply update all of those people when the password changed. LastPass made that very easy. A number of our users registered for personal accounts and took advantage of the ability to link those with their enterprise accounts. I liked it so much that I paid for a Family account and added my wife to it so that we could share our personal accounts with each other also.

Pros

LastPass made it easy to centralize our corporate password management, and both opened up and limited who could see which shared credentials, and how.

Cons

There were several occasions where our LastPass Administrators were unable to see credentials within our corporate space. We didn't necessarily need them to be able to edit the credentials, but providing support for the tool was often complicated by not being able to administratively locate a credential when a user reported it missing, or had reason to believe it should be assigned to them via a group membership.

Indespensible tool to improve security

Replacing "cheat sheets" where passwords are accessible to anyone near the person's desk. It's also not as easy as hacker opening up a plain-text file. Users can more quickly sign in. Users reset their passwords much less often. Users are much more likely to not have a universal password.

Pros

Makes passwords convenient enough that users stop using post-it's and "cheat sheets". It is much faster than having a user manually type it once or twice to get it passwords right. The option to share passwords fairly quickly with others is invaluable in my IT department. I feel very good about the company and having our data in the cloud. I feel it's very safe and near impossible for a hacker to get my encyrpted passwords that are only decrypted on my user side. We have one enterprise account that we use to be the main account and then we share it with personal accounts that are free. Some of our users we pay to upgrade to pro so they can access the passwords on their phones.

Cons

Sometimes it takes an hour for a new password to sync to my phone or another PC. Concurrent access can leave you wondering which password is the newest.