Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Cybersecurity software for endpoint threat detection

Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Reviews

1,659

Pros

It is also very popular among the PC enthusiast for being free. The free version keeps the PC all good if PC is used safely.

SA

Sandesh A.

Then I would run this outstanding software and let it do what it does best quickly and easily find and remove even the toughest and nastiest malware, no matter how deeply it was embedded.

JL

John L.

Customer service has always answered every question in detail and always found resolution to my questions. Easy to use installation a breeze and protection is outstanding.

DB

Darell B.

Cons

I contacted customer support twice about this infuriating issue and never received a reply. I find Malwarebytes advertising confusing and possibly deceptive.

GW

GERALD W.

The only annoying thing about Malwarebytes is how it often asks you to purchase the subscription package which is very annoying.

Matthew K.

It's a resource expensive agent because it analyzes every action you do, and it does not work well with old computers. Most of the times, I deactivate it.

2,231 reviews

JO

Jonathan O.

Independent Contractor

Entertainment, self-employed

Great Security!

Transcript

Jonathan O.: Hello, my name is Jonathan, and I'm a video maker, and I give Malwarebytes a 5 out of 5...

Very expensive. Not sure how good it is at finding malware

Transcript

Gerald: My name is Gerald. I'm a freelance script writer in the film and television industry. I give...

Malwarebytes - The antivirus that we truly need

I have been using Malwarebytes for almost a decade. Since then, i have had no negative reviews for this wonderful tool. Since its first installation on one of my personal computers, i was able to realize the real benefits of this software, its highly sharp detection allowed me to get rid of threats that were not detected by other antiviruses considered as the best sellers on the market. For this reason,...

Pros

1 - Friendly interface. 2 - Extremely easy to use. 3 - Detects the most known types of malware found in everyday life, and other less known ones. 4 - Free version with several features. 5 - Different tools for different types of threats. 6 - One of the most reliable and trustworthy antivirus that i've ever used in my life. 7 - Very efficient threat detection.

Cons

1 - After the expiration of the premium version, the free version have fewer scans and lesser threats detections.

Review of Malwarebytes

We needed a new antivirus after our old one was letting us down and decided to purchase 2 antivirus licenses, Malwarebytes being one of those two. It has performed fantastically.

Pros

Many of us in the department were already familiar with malwarebytes through our personal use. We decided on a company-wide rollout since our personal experience with the defense was top-tier.

Cons

When at a user's computer, we are unable to view logs while at that computer and instead have to go login to the UI at the IT desk to view those logs which is inconvenient. Otherwise it works very well.

Easiest protection software to install and use

Great software to install especially if you are install on more than one computer. Price is very reasonable.

Pros

Very easy to install and use right away. I can run scanning at anytime and done quickly.

Cons

I have not run into anything I dislike about this software

Great overall protection but too many sacrifices

Pros

There's no doubt that MalwareBytes AntiMalware has been one of the best solutions for removing and preventing malware and spyware on computers. I've been using them for years as a PC Technician, and their utilities have always been a staple in my technician toolbox (flash drive) to repair systems and keep them healthy. The current version of the program, version 3, is much easier to use than ever before and has tons of great features and abilities - and of course, it removes and prevents all kinds of malware just as it always has.

Cons

I was a HUGE fine of prior versions of this software, but the newer version 3 has seen my faith shaken. While the program is still great at removing malware, the realtime aspect of the program is plagued by performance issues. Even using the program in freeware mode without the realtime scanner active, it was still commonplace for me to see active memory usage exceed 500MB routinely. When using...

malwarebyte can beat any ransomware.

overall experience i would say that Malwarebytes is worth using ...it is going to protect your business from any attack.i really respect this product.

Pros

Words will not express how much I love this program, this software is protecting me, my computer, network, my business. I'm using Malwarebytes for a very long time, every time i bought a new device, the first thing I do, I install this software. here are some of the features that i liked: ●effective endpoint protection. ●real-time protection. ●Cloud management console. ● threat analysis. ● malware, exploit, and web protection. ● Scheduled scans. ●protect against attacks. and there is more of course. the product is very cheap compared to the quality.

Cons

to be honest, I haven't experienced any problems, Malwarebytes is working so hard to improve their product and i really respect that.

Fast malware antivirus

I have been using the program for about 6 years, when our existing Avast antivirus was unable to remove some types of malware. The software is user-friendly for me,, it is very easy to use.

Pros

Scanning runs extremely fast (test takes less than three minutes) and a nice chain link shows you exactly where the center of the file scan process is. The antivirus scanner provides a comprehensive scheduling tool for scanning control. Immediate popup notifications allow you to make quick decisions, and the program itself will offer what to do with the threat.

Cons

The program did not offer enough anti-virus tools before, which has changed since the last version and I have nothing to complain about.

Probably the best malware virus protection software

I have been truly delighted with this software which doesnt have the annoying features of Norton. Its well worth the price of the annual subscription and is a install and forget and it sits there doing its thing.

Pros

Ease of installation, reasonable pricing and real time monitoring of all web activities and PUP alerts

Cons

Nothing. Its affordable, a snap to install and upgrade and generates valid alerts rather than cryptic error messages.

You won't go wrong with Malwarebytes

Keeps my computer safe from viruses .

Pros

The program is surprisingly light for an anti-virus and the scans are quick and non-obstructive to the overall performance .The quarantine gives you treatment options that work often enough .

Cons

The offer some great Black Friday deals at the moment but I generally find Malwarebytes to be fairly expensive .

Great value for security

Pros

I like the web browser integration, as well as the interface. The auto-updating is also beneficial when working with numerous licences.

Cons

I have absolutely zero complaints about this software.

Malwarebytes is something every IT professional should be aware of.

Pros

Some very helpful free software that is reliable in detecting malware.

Cons

I really have not discovered anything I don't like. I do think for the average user Windows Security does fine but there are times when you need scanning tools that can help out.

Very expensive. Not sure how good it is at finding malware

Because it never seems to find and quarantine Malware I honestly don't know if it's doing its job or how effective it is.

Pros

Product is fairly easy to use unless you have a problem. I generally let it run in background and do it's thing.

Cons

I really doubt Malwarebytes' effectiveness in finding malware. In the past two years it has not found one piece of malware, though there definitely has been malware in my system. For instance my Google Search default search engine regularly gets hijacked by Yahoo Search. I have to manually go into Google settings, delete Yahoo, and put Google back as my default. And within a months or two the same...

Good and Easy Malware Protection

Malwarebytes has kept my computers running smoothly as long as a second antivirus program is used with it. As a first line of protection, I recommend it to all my customers to avoid infections that can easily be removed before more serious damage occurs. I also run it on all my customers computers to find hidden files, malicious links, malware, rootkits,etc. It is a very lightweight program which will not weigh down or slow down your operating system and is compatible with most operating system. Chromebooks that allow installation from Google Play Store may also install it.

Pros

Easy to install on both android and pc/laptop, little to no effort is needed to use this software to scan for viruses and malware, and does not slow down your operating system. By using the auto features such as real time protection and auto start-up which are available on their premium services, you never have to worry about manually opening up the application and run it. Updates are also automatic and there are no conflicts while running other antivirus programs

Cons

Free version to try out this software will find malware and remove it but is not running in the background. You must manually run it and delete any found. Ads for upgrading are constant and annoying. Premium version also will constantly remind you that your expiration date is approaching and to renew. This is very distracting and needs to be removed. A reminder email is sufficient or a pop up once a day is also appropriate but not constantly. Tech support/support team is not the easiest to reach. The chat support seems to never having anyone available to chat with. Redirection to their forum is common instead . This forum may answer your question but is not the same as receiving live help.

Malware bytes from ITpoint of view

Malware bytes is a software I know I can count on. When I see results when the scan is finish I do not have to question weather this is legit or not. In my job I have to use only software I can depend on. Malware bytes is that software. Plus the price is great too.

Pros

I love that is does not constantly have popups all the time. The pop ups it does have are when it needs your attention. Not just annoying pop ups.

Cons

The latest update with the new gui interface and that on install now it requires you to go through a activation process. Before it would install fully and then you can choose to add the pay features and so on. It was easier that way and no I feel like why do I have to go through all these new steps on install.

Malwarebytes is dependable

I have had, overall, a very positive experience with Malwarebytes. I have been using them for years, and I will continue to use this program, until another comes along that is better.

Pros

User Friendly. It is one of my go to security programs for my business. I find it very user friendly and dependable. When/if Malwarebytes detects malware it quickly quarantines it, which makes it easy to remove for me. It has real time protection that gives me peace of mind when I am working or surfing the net. I like the automatic scan feature. I can set a time for Malwarebytes to scan my computers, everyday. This is essential for a business like mine that deals with sensitive information. I need to know my computers are free from ransomware, malware, and viruses. Lastly, this program is very affordable.

Cons

This isn't a fulblown antivirus program, so I still have to have an antivirus to use in addition to this program. I used to use to the free version on my personal computer and, after the trial is over, the program has a pop up window that tries to entice you to upgrade, that pops up every few hours, everyday, until you upgrade or delete the program. That is annoying.

Say goodbye to malicious computer threats with Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes has provided me with a great, easy way to keep my computer running smoothly and quickly. I highly recommend the product.

Pros

The thing I like the most about Malwarebytes is that it is very simple and safe to use, from the new user to the seasoned programmer, Malwarebytes is the go-to tool for you.

Cons

What I find least appealing is the fact that the app is not always submitted to the same standards as other anti malware applications when it comes to handling "zero day" applications. This, however, should not dissuade anyone from using this great product.

Meets My Needs!

Overall my experience with Malwarebytes has been incredibly positive. I often find myself recommending this program to others who struggle with computer security or to those who have hidden malware issues. Malwarebytes helps to keep my personal and business information protected which is incredibly powerful in the world of modern technology.

Pros

Malwarebytes is a fantastic program that has taught me a lot about the dangers of unprotected information online. This program is free but offers paid features. The program is fast, accurate, and does a deep search into files and registries. Items are found that imbed themselves deep into files that users don't know even exist. Malwarebytes has protected my information in more ways than I realized.

Cons

Malwarebytes sometimes forgets to automatically display the results of the scan. Because of this I often forget to go back and check on the items that are quarantined.

Malwarebytes

I have used Malwarebytes both in a corporate context and in a home-user context. In all scenarios, it works really well! Malwarebytes does have advanced tools (such as a centralized control panel that can be used on networks). But, honestly, I have never had need to such centralized control. Rather, I have just let Malwarebytes run on each individual computer. The only other supplemental network security I felt was needed is things like content filtering (to prevent computers from going to infected sites to begin with). With a multi-layered solution like this, virus and spyware and malware and ransomeware have just never been a major issue.

Pros

I like most that Malwarebytes does not require a huge footprint of resources on a computer to run it. Most other anti-virus software that I have used not only protect, but also slow the computer down and cause problems with being over-protective. Malwarebytes just doesn't do this. It provide excellent and reasonable protection and does so in the background almost without having to remember that it is even there.

Cons

There was one time several years ago that Malwarebytes put out an update that, when installed, caused the computer to completely crash. But, shortly after this happened, the president/ceo of Malwarebytes sent out an apology explaining what happened, how it happened, and what steps were being taken to prevent this from ever happening again. True to his work, nothing like this has ever happened again thus far.

Your Quiet Partner in Cybersecurity

Scanning and cleaning for potential malware and other baddies is a breeze with Malwarebytes. When I first began using it years ago to clean viruses from PC's I was impressed by its ability to live up to its claims. Price has not increased measurably making it a great value for what the added peace of mind it offers. As an added perk, I enjoy the periodic e-newsletters the company puts out that provide additional insights on cybersecurity in general.

Pros

Works efficiently behind the scenes. Scans do not seem to rob your PC of valuable system resources. Exceptional at spotlighting potential cybersecurity issues. Reliable. Automatically updates. The price is absolutely right - especially with a multi-year subscription.

Cons

Occasionally mistakenly flags items from Gmail or Google - if quarantined or deleted while still in-use, your app will crash and you must reload.

Malware Bytes - Review

This program all around is a great solution for individuals or even the more robust enterprise type organizations. I see it being useful a little less the bigger the company just because of the massive IT infrastructure needs and controls grow quite substantially and I don't see that Malware Bytes is scale-able.

Pros

Malware Bytes has been an essential part of my library for 5 or so years. The software is easy to use and is quite effective at hunting down and removing/islolating any malware that has found its way into your system. You can configure it to be on all of the time or you can make regular routine scans automatic. The program can run in your systray with an icon that makes it easy to dig into stored...

Cons

I'm not a fan of the subscription models that programs run with these days. Most companies offer you an either or where with Malware Bytes they moved away from that model to strictly subscription based....which almost earned it a spot in my trash - if the program wasn't as effective I would have opted out a long time ago. I've been willing to tolerate the subscription for that service but would move to another if an equal quality non-subscription base was an option.

Malwarebytes is a must have program for any compute!

it has been absolutely amazing and I would not recommend any other product

Pros

I just works, I have been using this product for many years and not one time have we had any issues with malware or ransomware. The proof is in the results. I have tried other anti-virus programs that offer malware protection but Malwarebytes just does it best.

Cons

I wish it would run the scan automatically with having the free version, but I guess you pay for convenience.

Simple, Yet Effective and Powerful Anti-Virus Software

I first discovered Malwarebytes years ago when my computer got a nasty virus that pretty much made my computer non-functional. I got a recommendation to download Malwarebytes while in safe-mode. I followed the advice, downloaded the software and Malwarebytes quarantined all of the bugs and malware attacking my computer. I had tried other softwares to fix this problem and had no luck. Malwarebytes had my computer virus-free and back to normal quickly. Shortly after, I purchased the paid version of the software and have used it and recommended it to everyone I know. We even use it at my dental office.

Pros

The price! The value and price for this software is exceptional. This software is such a high quality product that is so much more affordable and than its competitors. This software is straight and to the point. A super simple interface that is very easy to use. Malwarebytes does it's job and it does it very well by quarantining and removing viruses and malware. It scans your computer daily to keep your information and computer safe.

Cons

I have never had any issues with Malwarebytes. I couldn't tell you how their customer service is because I've never had to use it!

A reliable free or low-cost security option

Malwarebytes makes me more confident as a general computer user, but also as someone whose job is primarily based online. There's a lot of data exchanged between my computer and Malwarebytes takes away the worry of my computer being made more vulnerable to external threats.

Pros

My favorite part about Malwarebytes is that it offers a free version and paid because the free allows me to test out the product. I also love this software because it does not come with all the annoying pop up notifications or emails. It's simple to navigate when doing scans and identifying malware. Some malware software is tedious or limited in its scope.

Cons

I wish Malwarebytes was more compatible with my mac. At times, my computer freezes during scans or takes an extremely long time to load pages and applications when performing scans. Malwarebytes seems to take up a lot of memory.

Great product

Perfect. Even when I lost my account they got it back for me.

Pros

I was able to get this pro version for a one time fee for up to 3 computers. I love it. I use it along side Ccleaner. I've never had any problems. Easy updates and automatic scannings. I can never tell when it's running a scan because it uses a small amount of processes.

Cons

I don't know anything I don't like about it. I've been using it for 10 years.

Malwarebytes Premium is well worth the money invested!

Hmm...Malwarebytes Premium is a joy and pain to use sometimes, depending how you look at it. Well, there is fuller assurance in having my computers almost fully protected. However, it can also be tricky to handle, especially when it comes to having MB residing hand-in-hand together with the rest of the users' software in the same computer. One certainly must know how to use it to its fullest potential and advantage in order to really enjoy the usefulness of a malware and Trojan killer such as Malwarebytes. But it is money well spent, in my opinion.

Pros

Very effective to use, simple interface and easy software to use! Install it and well-assured of protection against harmful viruses and persistent Trojans. It adds another extra layer of protection over the default Windows Defender virus software. Malwarebytes can quickly scan through my PC and laptop for virus treats and quarantine immediately without me having to worry about my files getting infected....

Cons

When such software has gotten much control over our computers, sometimes it can be very intrusive. At some point when I am surfing the web, almost all sites can potentially be blocked by Malwarebytes so much every time I clicked on a link. And that can be very annoying and destroy the joy of a user's experience of surfing the web. Even legal proper sites can be blocked! In that case, I have to manually...

If I had a dollar for every time this product had saved one of my computers, I'd be rich.

This saves and cleans my computers, all of them, from every beastie out there, and has never failed me, even when every other product has.

Pros

This software catches and fixes just about everything, including what my antivirus programs won't. It' been around for years, and is reliable. It's cleaned malware and viruses for me that other malware programs didn't, and it's saved me from doing clean ups by hand. I've used their chameleon program to save my laptop when it became infected with a virus that blocked antivirus and malware programs from installing, and cut off my internet access and ability to download fixes. It can protect itself from being uninstalled. And their premium program runs and protects you in real time and is well worth the money. In all the years that I've been running Malwarebytes, I'm not sure that I've ever been successfully infiltrated on a computer that I've had running their premium program.

Cons

The customer service is slow and lackluster. I had to contact them a few months ago about some of my subscription licenses. They took days in between responses, and the responses were not helpful, and the reps closed out my ticket without solving my issue. It took three weeks and multiple tries at contacting them. There is no phone support. When you purchase product licenses, they do not all show up on your account on their website, so you need to be really careful and write down the product keys somewhere and keep them. All that said, that was the first time in probably the better part of a decade that I've EVER had to contact them, so it's generally not at issue. I'm guessing that the employees are all out diligently fighting malware, and not doing customer support.