Trellix Endpoint Security Logo

Computer security and endpoint protection platform

Trellix Endpoint Security Reviews - Page 3

1,803 reviews

AM

AYOOLA M.

Computer & Network Security, self-employed

My PC is protected from outside threats thanks to McAfee Endpoint Security.

A security that is second to none and protects every device

Pros

One security breach at your company is all it takes to recognize that security software isn't an option. Because the free programs weren't cutting it,  I upgraded to McAfee's Endpoint Security system. They have a wide range of products, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can secure all of the devices on your network. The Endpoint differs it has improved detection and correction capabilities that allow it to change security controls in Windows 10. When McAfee detects a threat, it alerts me right away, and I set up preset steps for when that happens.

Cons

McAfee's Endpoint Security, as you might assume, is not cheap. It is entirely dependent on your company's demands, and I recommend speaking with a member of their sales team to identify which features you require. They personalize the software so that you can feel comfortable that all security flaws will be addressed. I did have a couple of challenges contacts with customer service. If you're unfamiliar with the world of cybersecurity, you'll need to ask them to explain it to you in layman's terms.

JAZE P.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

McAfee Endpoint Security Is Solid As A Rock!!

I have a complete piece of mind all the time when using my PC. This software takes actions against threats immediately so as long as it's updated, I am never worried about cyber attacks.

Pros

This software comes with a defensive technology designed to protect your PC, correct your PC and detect malware/viruses on your PC throughout the lifecycle of an attack by using advanced machine learning and reputation-based counter-measures. Easy to use and even easier to manage, it becomes more intelligent as new attacks become more intelligent.

Cons

I find that the software does pop-up a lot to make you aware of its presence on your PC. At times while I'm busy watching content on my computer, it likes to advertise its new features inappropriately but I would rather be safe than sorry so I just minimize it.

sameer c.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

McAfee- The best Antivirus software

To conclude, I would like to express my utmost satisfaction with this software, infact this software is so effective and helps run the laptop seamlessly that I have bought the same and installed it on my personal laptop. Big shout out for this software!

Pros

Well in these times of post COVID world, I have realized the value of McAfee and the ways it is keeping my laptop safe from external threats as we are not working on the organization's network. McAfee constantly scans all the external files I download everyday and blocks it from installing if the same contains any trojan or malware. The best part about the software that I like is the fact that it scans the my whole laptop very fastly without interrupting any other day to day process in my laptop. All I can say is since last 2 years I haven't seen any issue from my laptop from antivirus perspective, all thanks to the best antivirus installed in my system. Thanks McAfee for making our lives and work easier.

Cons

Well, though there are very minute negatives about this software, I would still like to highlight the fact that whenever we click on the "update now" feature on the top right corner of the web application, it takes quite a lot of time to download the updated software and reinstall the same on my laptop, because of this reason, I have kept my laptop idle in the night couple of times so that McAfee gets updated and reinstalled. Apart from this, I don't think there is any point that could be counted as a con for this particular software.

MP

Moisés P.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Acerca de Seguridad de McAfee EndPoint

La plataforma de McAfee Endpoint Security resuelve las siguientes necesidades que son de gran importancia para la labor que realizo en la institución en la que trabajo, ya que me ayuda a: Mitigar los riesgos de perdida de datos mediante la implementación del DLP. El componente de Encryption a las Laptops para cifrarlas y vincularlas exclusivamente al usuario que le fue asignado dicho equipo. La facilidad con la que puedo tener administrado todos mis dispositivos con sus nombres relacionados, sus ip, la sucursal a la que pertenece dicho equipo, así como, los usuarios que han iniciado sesión en el mismo.

Pros

Me agradó sobremanera lo fácil de manejar y de integrar el producto con la red de servidores y las estaciones de trabajo de la organización. Así como también los productos que despliega dicha plataforma, tales como el DLP, el Encryption, el Endpoint, los cuales me permiten tener los equipos de mi organización siempre actualizados a nivel de seguridad.

Cons

Para mi no fue difícil la integración de la aplicación de McAfee con el Active Directory. Me bastó familiarizarme con su entorno gráfico y las características que ofrece cada menú para en par de dias interactuar con dicha plataforma en lo que concierne a las tareas asignadas. Lo que menos me ha agradado hasta el momento del software ha sido, que en una ocasión tuve que retirarle el Encryption a un equipo y tuve que esperar dos dias para que el cambio surgiera efecto en el dispositivo.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

IS

Ibrahim S.

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

McAfee a strong protection for all your devices

All in all, it is a great choice in a market full of strong competitors. Security is something not to be taken lightly and McAfee is sure to give you peace of mind.

Pros

The user interface is likable and easy, the price is mid-range and affordable. well built software and a reputable company with awards to back it up

Cons

the detection rate can give false alarms in some instances also I would highly appreciate more plans for the individual and multi-users for one and more years.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

One of the best antivirus software with firewall protection and real-time scanning

Pros

Really effective antivirus software that helped me remove many virus and trojans from my machine. It also helps me protect my data through real time scanning and firewall security measures. There are also frequent updates to this software for improvements or new features. It is one of the best antivirus and antispyware applications. Need to buy subscriptions per PC annually and works really great. Gives...

Cons

Not very efficient for malware removal, but serves the purpose of virus and trojans. Removes infected files instantly before warning, at times difficult to recover the files without infection. Seems to be one of the best security softwares in the market as compared to it's competitors QuickHeal and Norton.

DL

Dawn L.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and install

McAfee is great option for antivirus. Simple to use and install

Pros

It was very simple to install and use this software and similar functions to other brands we used before.

Cons

I had more headaches with certain sights and software not wanting to work properly when using this.

FG

Faith G.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Data Security

It is easy to use and successfully protects us from malware and intrusions.

Pros

Firstly, it was easy to deploy in our organization and it didn't take us time to implement everything and have a secure work environment. It works seamlessly with our devices and other software that we use. It doesn't slow down our hardware demanding system but rather cleans it to have a smooth experience. It is easy to use with a self explanatory dashboard and non technical language to ensure smooth usage. It covers both data security and network security to ensure that our system is fully protected.

Cons

They need to be updating it frequently and bring in smart computer notifications that do not block content when using the computer.

CG

Chris G.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Works Better than AVG

Overall, it has been good. However, I can't fully recommend it.

Pros

Works as expected. No issues with false positives. The performance using this product isn't great.. but it is definitely better than using AVG.. which we tried prior to McAfee.

Cons

While the performance is okay, I would prefer for software running in the background to not bog down a system's performance. We will contine using Mcafee until we find a better solution.

RL

Ronald L.

Plastics, 51-200 employees

Good Deal

I have been using McAfee for many years and it has always worked good for me. Only once did I get a virus before I installed McAfee. I installed it, it found the virus and eradicated it.

Pros

It works in the background and you wouldn't even know it's there. I have never had a virus since I started using it and it doesn't slow my computer down

Cons

A popup that tells you that it did a scan once in a while might be nice, but IO do like how it runs in the background and doesn't interfere with what I'm doing. Other than that I don't have any problems with this software

Zuhairah A.

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

McAfee is what you need for digital protection

Pros

MCAfee Endpoint Security is the one solution for digital protection that every organization should have. It protect my computer from viruses, malware, ransomware and Trojan software that can really destroying all of my work data and files on my computer. The detection rate in detecting viruses is one of the highest.

Cons

I have not see anything to dislike with this software feature and tools. Everything is working well, and it can scanned my computer without slowing my computer down, unlike some of the antivirus software. Overall, i really happy deploying this software on my computer.

Maryorie H.

1,001-5,000 employees

Protects operating systems, files, among others. Easy to manage, and agile to detect threats.

Pros

This software allows the integration of several endpoint protection technologies that help combat and analyze threats that can cause damage to computers, programs, files, emails and systems. McAfee Endpoint Security uses very advanced defenses that allow it to detect malicious actions before they are executed, that is, it deciphers the behaviors of suspicious actions that could cause damages such as...

Cons

It is a very good software, maybe it presents some problems of incompatibility, but it is more of a lack of knowledge of the one that installs on the requirements of the program than of the program itself.

DW

Dylan W.

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

Trellix Endpoint Security

It’s been great having this application on the company computers. Works flawlessly

Pros

Inexpensive, user friendly, works wonderfully

Cons

I could not find anything I didn’t like about it

Patricio I.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Un buen producto de seguridad bastante completo y funcional que brinda una protección integral.

El producto implementado en mi organización protege los servidores y workstations de amenazas externas e internas minimizando los riesgos ante malware, ofrece muy buena proteccion.

Pros

- Un producto muy completo y con muchas opciones personalizables.- Es bastante simple y con una interfaz amigable.- Informes automáticos bastante útiles.- El despliegue de la herramienta funciona muy bien ahorrándonos tiempo en las implementaciones.

Cons

- El producto debe tener las políticas bastante trabajadas y las excepciones bien configuradas, porque de lo contrario consume demasiados recursos ralentizando los equipos.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Internet, 11-50 employees

End to End protractor for Corporate Machines!!

Have been using this software for the past 2 years and it's the best which I have used so far. It also keeps secured all the computers in the network which we use in our company, so if you are looking for a company network level protection then this is the best option available in the current market.

Pros

No matter how careful you are while downloading or installing a software OR while browsing the internet, there is always a risk of getting hacked or attacked by malicious worms or virus or any online threats. To be safe and secure you need an Antivirus Software which safeguards your PC/laptop from such online threats. McAfee Endpoint security is one of the best antiviruses I have used which is very easy to manage and very effective. Always keep updating with latest protection security patches against viruses and keeps system protected.

Cons

- Might slow the booting time of your system - but that is only when your system is starting. - Little more expensive than I'd like. - Sometimes it blocks software which we use, which we might have to manually allow to run. - Not too many issues which I can mention as of now.

Valeh S.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Essential protection for your personal and commercial information

If you want to make your files, pictures, projects and future plans protected then McAfee Endpoint Security must be your first choice.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security saved me from serious attacks several times. It happened while opening scam mails, installing unknown softwares and visiting less secured websites. With endpoint defense technologies McAfee Endpoint Security foresees and prevents threats in real time before they infect your computer. Nowadays with the improvement of the internet technologies cyber attacks also increased....

Cons

After using McAfee Endpoint Security there was a little delay in my computer's boot time. Actually my computer started a little late compared before. But it is not big problem for me considering it protects me from big data loss.

Masturah D.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

A must have for computer protection

Pros

McAfee has a very good security and defending mechanism that has helped me in in managing my computer security. It has antivirus program, secure web browser add-on, and real-time files scanner that will scan all the new files that i have download and transfer to my computer.

Cons

Prices is always the leading problem with any Antivirus program, especially with McAfee, when the prices goes up but the feature, tool and service remains the same without any new or improvement. They need to show more values with the price they are charging to the customer.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

High Quality of Preventing Threats of McAfee

I highly recommend using McAfee for people who really love to download different online applications from many sources. Also, it is for business to protect customers and organization information. McAfee surely to keep your security at the highest protection from different threats and viruses.

Pros

McAfee provides a solid wall to protect the technology devices away from threats. It gave me a high safety feeling to my laptop after using it for more than two years. In the past, I have downloaded many things from unknown websites, so I worry a lot about those securities. Since I used McAfee, my worries about them reduced significantly. Also, I have checked my laptop whenever I download something with McAfee. McAfee creates a trustworthy for users. Moreover, McAfee monitors your device to ensure they are normally operating. It is a reliable security software.

Cons

The appearance looks complicated to the first time users. Also, I can only use McAfee to scan viruses on my laptop without doing anything else because it will cause laggy to other activities performed at the same time.

sa

salman a.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Threat prevention, Firewall, Web control and ATP in single pack

Its Easy to be managed and deploy antivirus software remotely that provides the signature as soon as any attack is reported.

Pros

Its perfect product for client side firewall, Web control and Threat prevention. Its easy to be deployed via EPO and reporting features are awesome. Some basic level DLP features are also available in the suite.

Cons

Bulk modification at client side is difficult. Troubleshooting functionalities are limited. Deletion is not a easy task if we want to revoke from a system

Brett R.

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

Maximum protection against endpoint threats

It offers complete and modern security for computer equipment, adapted to the needs of our company. It guarantees advanced levels of protection against computer threats.

Pros

The cloud-based administration interface makes it easy to manage from anywhere. It prevents most threats before they can be executed, ensuring that employees can do their work without fear of cyber damage to computers. It is lightweight, fast and its resource consumption on computers is low. Its protection system does not require user intervention, allowing the use of time for other tasks required by the company.

Cons

In the initial analysis it can detect false negatives and its price is considerably high.

AN

Amadheo N.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Absurdly powerfull! Easy management

McAfee ENS is a good product and superior compared with legacy McAfee VSE. Sometimes the protection against zero day malware is not so good (Just in case when using McAfee GTI thah analyze .exe, .pdf and .apk files); for email or office threats I feel like I'm not protected so I deeply recomment to use the module McAfee Adaptative Threat Protection with machine learning activated. In this last case the ENS is boosted and becomes perfect and light running in the system.

Pros

Managed by ePO the ENS is amazing product for large organizations and easy to manage. Modern and easy to see and get compliance for all environment. The engine and detection method are absurdly powerfull

Cons

Interface is fluent and user friendly although a bit slow navigating in the product settings.

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

McAfee Endpoint Security protects our business from outside attacks.

Top notch security that protects every device on the network!

Pros

It only takes one security breach at your business to realize that security software isn't an option. We upgraded to McAfee's Endpoint Security system, because the free programs weren't cutting it. They offer a variety of products that span from iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. All of your devices on your network can be protected. The difference in Endpoint is the enhanced detection and correction capabilities that can make alterations to security controls in Windows 10. McAfee notifies us of threats immediately when they are found, and we setup default actions for when that happens.

Cons

As you might expect, McAfee's Endpoint Security can be pricey. It depends fully on the needs of your business and would recommend you reach out to a member of their sales team to determine which features you need. They customize the software so you can rest-assured that all of the vulnerabilities will be taken care of. I did have a few interactions with customer support that were difficult. If you are new to the cyber security scene, you will need to ask them to put it in layman's terms.

Gurmandeep S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Mcafee Endpoint Security- One software for all protection

I have relied upon various Security software in recent time but I didn't find any match for it. I still use this software for web and server security, system & network security. New user require some time to learn about the features but after everything lokks fine.

Pros

Mcafee Endpoint Security software has assisted us in protecting our code and confidential data from all kind of threats. This is the best Security software I ever came across. The best part here is that Mcafee Endpoint Security includes virus scan, web security, firewall protection. It seemed like that everything was served in one place. Software supports both operating systems Linux and Mac, moreover, it also works well on Windows and other OS. Its web security features really helped us a lot as we need to protect web users from all kind of security threats. Firewall protection never let any hacker to attack computer and server which make sure data is secured. In this software, I have found various improvements like design, speed etc.

Cons

I have spent a reasonable time with software and still use it every day to prevent various threats. The thing I did not like the most about this software is that its complex user Interface. when I first time started operating it, I couldn't understand all the features well. But with time everything started getting good.

DS

David S.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Comfort and Reliability with McAfee

Pros

I continue to use McAfee year after year. I used to switch between Norton and McAfee and have gone to using just McAfee. I do like that you can use one subscription for multiple devices which makes it very nice.

Cons

I always purchase it online and then reinstall as a renewal. It would be great if it would give you the option to pay the same price for a renewal instead of having to buy it cheaper first and then renewing it.

Ruwan D.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 5,001-10,000 employees

The best way to protect your PC from treats

McAfee endpoint security is a rather comprehensive and versatile tool for detecting and removing malware in general. It automatically detects threats and defends against malware attacks, preventing them from gaining access to your computers. So I am satisfied with this security system.

Pros

This program protects your data from hackers and malware. The nicest aspect of the software that I appreciate is that it scans my entire laptop quickly and without disturbing any other regular processes on my PC. the user interface, which is incredibly user-friendly and simple even for a beginner. And This software is simple to set up and install, and it is quite risk-free. After more than 4 years of use, it gave me a strong sense of security about my laptop.

Cons

Infected data are sometimes automatically deleted without being repaired, which is irreversible. After scanning procedures, it slows down and sometimes shuts down my PC. And It was inconvenient to receive repeated notifications about product upgrades.