Trellix Endpoint Security Logo

Computer security and endpoint protection platform

Trellix Endpoint Security Reviews - Page 4

1,803 reviews

AB

Anshuman B.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Good but not great! Can do better!

Overall, I like McAfee. The ability to remotely lock the harddisk and recover data is something very useful from an organization's standpoint. The ability to integrate well with SIEM solutions like Splunk is well regarded by the security engineers.

Pros

It has an entire suite of different services like Harddrisk encryption, Antivirus, DLP, etc which blend in together for providing a good endpoint security service for an enterprise level security software service.

Cons

The suite probably lacks cloud based integration using a CASB which is usually implemented by its competitors like Symantec. I believe lack of support in a cloud environment is something that is missing in McAfee suite of endpoint security services.

Paul T.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Endpoint security - Solid risk prevention

Solid solution, with a low pricepoint

Pros

Strong check on possible executables. This helps regular users to install cryptolockers e.g. The scan is performed via remote solutions, so costs less local CPU usage. No corruption of definition is possible

Cons

When scanning larger powerpoints, ( 60 - 100 MB ) a delay takes place. It always scans, which is both the biggest upside and downside. When using a slower connection, this causes impact due to the offsite scan nature of the endpoint security platform

Kristen K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Too many alerts for Renewal and junk emails

While I like that my laptop stays secure this software makes it harder to work some days with the numerous reminders. Enough that I sometimes cannot get the things I need to do done on time.

Pros

What I like about the software is that it works. Wild using the software I had no security issues issues with my laptop, no viruses or malware made it through keeping my laptop moving fast.

Cons

what I like least about the software is the constant reminder to purchase the full software. I don't like being hassled repetitively to spend money. They send way too many emails reminding me that my trial was going to expire, the pop ups are just as bad. One reminder a day I can understand but not 10 to 15.

Kate L.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

McAfee provides ultimate high security from malwares by all means.

Pros

McAfee is more authentically designed for protection against viruses or malwares or bugs online. It keeps the servers secure and ensures high security in all of the internet activities. High Risk malwares and viruses are automatically detected and depleted automatically by this tool. Ensuring fire wall security and essential protections against viruses from all kind of plugin devices and fax or mails. It also let us schedule virus scan to keep the system safely updated against all kind of viruses. It's a reliable tool with lots of working efficiency.

Cons

McAfee is very efficient in scanning or detecting the viruses but often the viruses of small impacts get easily transferred into system without even any notification. Some viruses that are being deleted by this tool , still infects the files. McAfee is also quite heavy in working as it greatly slows down the other activities in the desktop. I've noticed a great decline in speed of windows or running of files after installing this tool. But more or less , this tool has provided us with much more protection and saved lots of time and money.

Andrea R.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Wonderful safe and secure platform for securing everything

It is very good tool which really concerns about your security. It provides you security protocols across multiple tools. Not only this but it helps me in data protection and secure sending of emails and also helps in loss prevention. It never interrupts my work and carries out its job at the background, thus provides me quality services and prevents my system form unwanted threats. We are very much satisfied by its functioning.

Pros

I am having unpredictable experience with McAfee Endpoint Security. It plays a very significant role in securing every organization. It saves my important files and valuable data safe from getting corrupt by blocking malicious viruses or unwanted threats. In this way it also secures the memory of our systems. It saves much of our precious time in fixing such type of problems created by viruses. It performs functions at a very faster rate.

Cons

Sometimes when it blocks web address or pages or blocks any pop ups related to those websites that I really need, so I have to unblock them over and over.

Ashish T.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

McAfee gives us freedom on everyday basis from Malware and Viruses

Can think over living without McAfee. There's been time we tried other things just because of the cost factor, but it did not work and created lots of chaos. McAfee lets us focus on our core work instead of worrying about the virus threats.

Pros

1. Awesome Scanning. Does not allow anything suspicious. 2. Cost Effective 3. Easy to use 4. Does not make the computer slow

Cons

In terms of Support and Quality it's awesome, so nothing as such there which i don;t like. On the pricing if for startups any discounted plans could be introduce should be great favor.

TT

Timmy T.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Windows OS Security with less hassle

Running this software daily or sub-daily on each of our Windows machines in the developer bullpen in order to keep things clean. Malware is less common than it used to be, and sometimes is conflated with browser extensions, but McAfee is one of the few security softwares that can tell the difference between the two.

Pros

I love that McAfee allows me to run endpoint protection scans on a regular basis, at times that I can easily reconfigure and with threat allowances that I can customize, all from the menu in the browser tray. No hassle with changing code or system registry editors.

Cons

I dislike that I can't view and publish incident reports easily. Sometimes, a threat detection is boiled down to a notification, and even when "more detail" has been clicked, it's just a time stamp and a threat type. I want to be able to dive into the type of threat being assessed in full detail.

SJ

Smita J.

Superb Antivirus Software

My overall experience is awesome as i am able to do my work faster since my computer now runs a lot faster. Also i am not worries now about unsafe websites or phishing attacks

Pros

Earlier my computer used to run slow and sometimes there were spam popups appeared, After using McAfee my computer started working faster and i didn't saw any virus or spam messages or popups

Cons

The Cost is a little higher, if the cost can be reduced a little the software can be great hit among all my coworkers

CB

Christina B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

McAfee is better then Norton!

McAfee works on all of my devices; android, iPad, pc, etc. I enjoy how it just does its thing on it own & notifies me of any issues for FREE. I have never paid for this program & it works amazingly. I am a very satisfied user & am glad my it guy showed it to me years ago. Nothing compares.

Pros

I have never had to pay for this software & it works better than Norton which costs a pretty penny. I use McAfee on all of my devices from my phone to my pc.

Cons

You'll find no complaints here so please move on (lol).

Remigius F.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Absolutely Perfect

In summary, There is 95% perfection in this construction and functionality of this state-of-the-art Anti-Virus judging by the frequent update and the reliability it gives its users (Like myself). I have used it for 3 months and it is really Excellent! Thanks again to the Admins...you guys are doing great!

Pros

Honestly, I have used so many antiviruses like Avast Pro, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, etc. But, I fell in love with this antivirus (McAfee Endpoint Security) because of some cogent reasons and benefits which are: It gives me the ease and comfort of getting rid of malicious viruses on a regular based using the programmable real time scanning functionality. Even when I forget to set...

Cons

Oh Yes! this App is great. But, I would like the Admins to update it to be bale to let you know the infected files (which could contain some invaluable date) before eliminating them—to avoid loss of irredeemable documents and information...Very Important.

André L.

Chemicals, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

A very solid antivirus solution

Solid protection, the company has years of experience on this industry, the price could be a problem to small to medium companies, and it is a very easy to use solution.

Pros

It has a solid protection database, with the McAfee expertise of decades going through viruses and other menaces on internet, also, it is easy to deploy and use, the features on the client side are very easy to understand and control it.

Cons

The price compared to the other peers is not so good, I can say that about Brazil, do not know if it is a problem on other countries. Sometimes even when you put a file or site on the whitelist, it takes some time to replicate it, even forcing us to reboot the computer to get the configuration done.

gt

gildo teixeira g.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Seguro Com McAfee

As invasões não aconteceram mais, solucionando esta fase problemática que tínhamos com as máquinas.

Pros

As notificações em tempo real é o ponto número 1. A integração no geral com a máquina é de fácil aplicação.

Cons

Deveria haver dentro da notificação um aviso subsequente para a ação posterior. Porque se o erro é repetido, ele trava a máquina.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Román Josué d.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

McAfee provides you Security

Security and protection for your device is easier and lighter with McAfee Endpoint Security.

Pros

I started using on my current job McAfee Endpoint Security as it's the security software used at my workplace. I've had a good experience with it, many threats detected before they could do any harm. The impact on the performance of the device is negligible, you don't feel that there's a security software running on your machine the whole time. The included firewall also works great. I also like the stats or insights this software provides, which tells you how many threats were identified in the last 30 days, the last time a threat was eliminated, and much more. Also the event log shows you every action with more details.

Cons

Not too much to complain about it. I think the only think I don't like too much is that it's not too customizable, but I haven't had the need to customize it either, so not a big issue.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Secure Antivirus Protection Software

Overall I think it's a safe antivirus; it does its job. However, I think the constant messages, pop ups and required actions have to be taken into consideration before switching to this antivirus

Pros

It offers good protection. It gives a sense of security and reliability as it is constantly doing check ups and updates on the background

Cons

It has too many pop ups and messages. It also has a lot of false positives and requires action from you more frequently than other similar software.

RM

Roberta M.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Virus Protection for the Home Computer

The benefit of using McAfee is value for your money and trust in the name. It is the first name that comes to mind when someone needs to buy virus software for their PC. I have had to contact customer support in the past and have had knowledgable people that could walk me through solutions.

Pros

I like McAfee for our home computers mostly for ease of use. It works quietly in the background but is easy to launch for immediate scans and updates. The engine is easy to navigate and the various functions easy to understand for someone who is not computer literate. Our computers have been virus free for years.

Cons

I don't really have any issues with the PC product. McAfee for Macs is not the same experience. Macs do get viruses but the McAfee version is not the same quality as the PC version. Having a number of computers in our home it is important to not have to spend a lot on individual licenses for each computer on the system.

OA

Osamah A.

Computer & Network Security, 5,001-10,000 employees

An Amazing Software to protect your Network and regular Devices.

McAfee doesn't only eliminate viruses and malicious attacks, it also provides you with a summary of the websites that you may have received the viruses from so that in the future you avoid those sites. This is a very distinctive and valuable feature for me and I am very satisfied with McAfee.

Pros

I like how simple and straightforward McAfee is. it is supposed to protect your device and it does it in the best possible way. it runs in the background so that it doesn't interrupt your work, whenever a threat occurs it will handle it and when you open McAfee it will give you a list of the threats and the sites where they came from so that you stay away from those sites in the future. Also, if you have a big company and are afraid of possible threats and malware online attacks, McAfee can protect your entire Network and establishment. it is very easy to administrate and control.

Cons

When you've been using McAfee for a long time, your PC might get slower over time as it keeps updating itself and using more and more CPU. However, if your device is strong enough, that should not be a problem!

MC

Mike C.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Works, but cumbersome

good quality and security. just wish it were a little more user friendly

Pros

affective antivirus. never had issues with stuff getting through. good level of protection and didn't notice system slowdowns

Cons

cumbersome to use. hard to get removed if needed. also some windows updates required it to be unistalled to complete

Dilraj S.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Great software for protecting your system!!

Overall McAfee Security is very reliable for keeping your system secure and protecting it from malware and viruses. Its very lightweight for keeping your system stable and secure and does not decrease the performance of your system. Web usage can also be secured using this software as it can prevent you from opening malware/viruses in your system or on the web. The periodic scans help in keeping the integrity of the system by running these checks in the background.

Pros

McAfee is really lightweight and helps in protecting your system against the threat of viruses/malware. The system scans can be scheduled periodically in the background and it does not compromise the performance of the system at all.

Cons

Some of the viruses/malware can pass through McAfee which can compromise the security of the system. The basic features are available in the free version but if the user is serious about their systems security then they will definitely need to buy a licensed version.

Stayn P.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

McAfee is an efficient working tool with utmost security precision.

McAfee is my primary choice for securing the network and the system. By far , it has been quite productive for me by securing my files which saves me tons of time and lots of money.

Pros

McAfee consists of high precision features which ensures max security over the browsing activities and servers. It highly secures the browsers and systems and keeps the systems scanned for any harmful viruses or malwares. It also makes sure to keep the system secured from any harmful content from any plugin devices. We can also ensures safety by scheduling system scans or manually checks malwares from any files or folders.

Cons

Although McAfee works well but it also consumes lots of system memory and slows down the whole working system. Due to its higher precision security , we have also lost few of our precious working files just because they got infected. Still, for me its overall performance is quite well.

Syed Amir A.

McAfee - Antivirus

Overall experience has been great. It's an amazing antivirus application which gives you complete satisfaction and sense of security.

Pros

The best part is that I have never faced any antivirus issue in my laptop till the time I was using this software. So, kudos to that

Cons

First of all, I don't like the UI and then the frequent updates

MS

Marcos S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Too intrusive

Our company was acquired by another one, and our previous antivirus (Kaspersky) was replaced by the new corporate tool. Soon, problems appeared. A year later, the whole company droppped McAffee in favor of Avira.

Pros

Excelent protection, updates, centralized admin tool. It does what it is suposed to do. virus protection, email. rootkit...

Cons

McAfee ends up blocking most of your everyday work. Furthermore, it blocks hard drive writes without notifying you. Monitoring tools are less than optimal.

Christopher D.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

The original AV for Business

We've have had a positive experience with it. With growing pains, we were able to get it installed on our 2012 server, and checking for updates each day. It's very easy from the control panel to see what clients are out of date or which clients haven't checked in. It's very easy to push updates downstream and do it silently from the user. Would recommend for any business environment.

Pros

Easy to manage, migrate, and deploy software to network computers Easy to add additional users to subscription Easy to use admin panel to push down updates instead of having 100+ clients download updates individually.

Cons

Price - it can be pretty pricey as gaps in the software is for 1-25 users and then 25-50, so having 26 users causes you to pay for another 24 users you may not use. Setup can be a bit cumbersome if you don't designate a server or set one up, as you have to go in and manually turn off syncs and install it in stand-alone mode.

GK

Gulsel K.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Fast Powerful Reliable

Pros

An antivirus solution that provides maximum security with low resource consumption on the client. I would say that it works much more optimized and consistent than many similar products. Fast virus database update keeps users safe.

Cons

Occasionally blocking existing applications on the computer. We can overcome these by negotiating with the IT department.

SC

Sara C.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great, Simple Solution

Great way to protect your computer! Easy and affordable.

Pros

McAfee is a great solution for keeping your internet usage safe. It protects your computer without blocking your functions and capabilities.

Cons

I have not had any issues with McAfee Endpoint Security yet. It works as it should and does not have any complications.

IS

Isabela S.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

For a safe office

A proper protection with complex scanning features and troubleshooting.

Pros

Very complex security features, fast scanning of files and connected cloud information, very sensitive tool for potential threats, delivering fast and reliable alarms whenever it is the case.

Cons

The software sometimes collides with other security settings and features of the internal company network, therefore blocking some actions and operations. However, all these minor faults can be corrected by some changes in the overall settings.