Trellix Endpoint Security Logo

Computer security and endpoint protection platform

Trellix Endpoint Security Reviews - Page 5

1,803 reviews

Jorge G.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Great Security Solution

It´s been a good experience so far. The product has been deployed and used for sometime with no roadblocks on his core functions.

Pros

- Easy to deploy and setup for the First Time - Light resources usage on Client Machines - It gets updated frequently - Robust Virus detection engine - Easy Administration and client monitoring

Cons

- McAfee Support is not that good. They need to improve their Technical Support Team. The response time is too high. - Could be somewhat pricey.

PC

Poncietta C.

Banking, 51-200 employees

How secure is your information?

I would say that as far as cybersecurity go, this software is among the top. Overall, I am quite pleased with this software and I know that I can say, without hesitation, that I would highly recommend this software for anyone who takes the security of their network seriously.

Pros

I really like the fact that with the amount of cyber threats that are out there, I can feel comfortable that I have a higher than average chance of this software catching anything before my computer can become infected or compromised. In the banking industry, this is of the utmost importance and McAfee Endpoint Security is a software that makes this happen (along with common sense, of course).

Cons

There are times when some things are blocked and I have one heck of a time trying to get it classified as safe. I guess this is not a bad thing but it is rather inconvenient.

Brandon M.

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

A Good enterprise security tool

A great product, working as intended. Implementation was easy and fast, when our org implemented the tool, they just pushed the installation remotely to all devices connected to our enterprise network and installation was don in minutes. Did not notice any impact on my laptops overall performance.

Pros

Implementation was easy. Seamless proactive protection. It is integrated to our enterprise security information and event management. It has least/no impact on the performance of our workstations. With the number of blocked incidents reported, I can say that this solution functions as intended.

Cons

It's firewall feature seems to have an incompatibility issue with our laptops and in our cloud service provider. Though it rooted from our organization's poor planning in acquiring the software, I think its still worth mentioning just a heads up for anyone to consider these incompatibility issues.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best for security and safety of endpoints

Since using McAfee endpoint security we've hardly had digital attacks or hacks. There maybe a few back-end detection I may not know about but our IT department constantly maintains a safe work environment for us using McAfee.

Pros

Excellent threat detection capabilities. Regular alerting system and notification. Constant monitoring and protection of our office endpoints from malware and viruses

Cons

Although McAfee has been functional for us, it did take some time to fully implement it on all our network and endpoint. I wish it was faster.

Farid R.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 501-1,000 employees

Effective corporate endpoint protection with a lot of features

It keeps secured every computer on the network. We can focus on new ideas while McAfee Endpoint Security takes care of security.

Pros

Managing and protecting your personal files, documents and business plans became essential issue in nowadays. To stay ahead of competitors in the market you should apply advanced technologies and protect your new plans. Therefore you will need effective corporate endpoint protection. Among corporate endpoint security products my company’s choice is McAfee Endpoint Security. Because it delivers maximum...

Cons

All is great but whenever full scan starts my computer starts working slower than usual.But I can stand for it as long as it keeps my files secured.

JH

Jessica H.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great Security for my laptot

This software has kept my computer running smoothly.

Pros

This software has been great and my computer runs fine with it installed. So far no virus or annoying popup windows.

Cons

This software works great and nothing to note of that would be least liked. I currently use this software and plan to continue to do so.

RA

Rahmatullah A.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

The best anti-virus

The McAfee is one of the best anti-virus that protect our data from unknown activity and it also prevents the applications activity that carries virus, spam and malware. I recommend this software to all NGOs and all big companies to stay protected with this remarkable software.

Pros

Cons

It can't clean types of virus The firewall is not that much good enough The rest I don't see any weak points in this software because it's not heavy and is not making the computer busy. It's healing the file

Computer Software, self-employed

McAfee Endpoint Security Review

MacAfee endpoint security is a well-known and trustworthy brand to secure our digital assets from hackers. We use MacAfee drive encryption in our organization for the safety of our assets and data. It offers extensive protection against a range of viruses and malware. McAfee has a lot of features that I enjoy.

Pros

It features a user interface that is simple to understand and navigate. McAfee is extremely simple to set up and keep up with. It protects me against fraudulent websites while I'm surfing the web using my browser. McAfee is constantly updated to stay up with new viruses or malware to ensure that our systems are continuously protected. It appears to be a highly advanced data protection program.

Cons

This software can cause the computer to slow down sometimes. Apart from that, I can't think of anything negative to say about this software.

DH

Dennis H. C.

Marketing and Advertising, 5,001-10,000 employees

A strong antivirus to protect our devices from powerful threats.

McAfee Endpoint Security is a best tool for removing and detecting the virus to stop them from entering in our system from different website. Many effected files try to enter in our system but this suit detect the and remove them instantly. It can also scan portable devices connected with our system. Mobile version is also available and so helpful for user to keep safe my cell from various and harmful viruses.

Pros

McAfee is an Endpoint Security for our devices and provides us complete security against threats. Security Features are quite enough for protecting our several devices form attack our devices. Easy to install on all kind of devices, and provides us great security to our system. Custom and deep scan is very useful for us to scan all drives of systems and remove the virus safely. McAfee worked 24/7 and secure our system from online threats.

Cons

McAfee antivirus is good but license subscription is very tricky and expensive so it need to be more economical for us to purchase the premium version. Full system scan takes so much time to complete and also slow down our system. Automatic updates are good but it should be upgrade manually as per our needs. McAfee require a lot of memory for work and sometime system got stuck while working.

Elvira M.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

Advanced security and realtime protection

It saved my computer from infection several times.Thanks to it my files are safe and secure.

Pros

For me the best feature of McAfee Endpoint Security is realtime protection. Whenever I visit any website if the website contains anything dangerous it prevents me opening such websites. Usually such websites seems user friendly and family friendly. Maybe they will not steal your information, but most of them infect your computer and show you disturbing ads. I came across with such cases in my personal experience but after installing McAfee Endpoint Security all kind of malwares detected and deleted. McAfee Endpoint Security is also using machine learning system which is improving itself while detecting new viruses. It updates virus database regularly to maintain more advanced security.

Cons

Sometimes it reacts while installing a new software which is safe. It is a little annoying but considering that there would be some thread or infection I think I can stand for it.

OM

Oliver M.

Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees

"Tight security. Thumbs up"

Simply industrious software. A tool that has given wholesome security and protection for our systems.

Pros

I can have a million reasons to like this software. It means a lot to me and my career. The cost is very reasonable considering the scoop of problems it helps to solve. The software itself is quite easy to use and involves some straight forward security features. Its reliability is very high and definitely gives accurate notifications.

Cons

Having used this software for long, I have been used to its features and I find it simple and easy to use. I have no complaints.

Gerson C.

A good defense for your business network.

If you have to protect a very large business network, this software is perfect for you, has very high security standards and will guarantee the security of your company, protecting against hacker attacks and malicious software.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security presents a very complete security proposal for your business networks, it is very useful when you manage a very large network and require complete security, it has several features that allow you to configure who uses your company's network, preventing access to low security sites and downloads that may contain malicious software, also preventing access to personnel without permissions, allowing separate networks for guests, this guarantees the security of your company, also preventing the attack of hackers, as it limits access and protects the network by layers of privileges and security.

Cons

Although it offers a very complete service, its main advantage is its high consumption of resources, it requires a lot of hardware power for its correct operation, sometimes it is so safe that it costs to configure proxies since it limits or blocks them too much and sometimes this makes the job very difficult.

FM

Fidelis M.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

My piller of hope for reliable security for my systems.

So far so perfect. I appreciate the services Trellix Endpoint Security offers. Protection to the top.

Pros

Having much on my shoulder as a director, some information may get out of hand to defaulters. I realized the damage it would cause me in the long run. Definitely Trellix keeps all the fears doomed and lifts my confidence high if when am away for other duties.

Cons

I had some rough time integrating this software with my existing systems especially because I had not ventured into technology deeper. All thanks to the customer service team they sorted my issues immediately.

GG

Genevieve G.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Good Security

Works well in the background without interrupting work

Pros

Works well, keeps our office computers safe. Works well in the background without interrupting work.

Cons

Our IT guy recommended this software. We use it for our entire medical office that has to be HIPAA compliant and we haven't had any issues with it's protection.

BS

Brittany S.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Serves its purpose

Good virus scan, it definitely does the job if you don't mind slowing down your computer.

Pros

McAfee serves the purpose of antivirus software. It catches everything within seconds of downloading or clicking on something suspicious. It is constantly running in the background to protect your computer and prevents you from accidentally downloading destructive virus or spyware to your computer.

Cons

The only negative thing I have to say about McAfee is that it slows down your computer significantly. It may be just because it is constantly running in the background, but it is very noticeable. If you choose to not run it in the background, then you schedule virus scans, but even this takes hours and slows things down. When I selected the options to run scheduled scans, my computer frequently became frozen forcing me to restart.

KK

Keerthana K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Endpint Defender

Great defender in Cyber World Very light weight in users workstations

Pros

Easy to Deploy Easy to configure in Server Light weight User friendly console Easy admin console Great aleart System Best vault

Cons

Renewal pricing Updates Pop Up Browser add on some times push through server to client workstation not go through

Victor N.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Complete and lightweight antivirus

my experience has been good, several times it has saved me from being a victim of Trojans hosted on mobile disks where other antivirus programs have failed, McAffe has been able to identify and block the threat

Pros

McAfee is a very light antivirus to download, install and scan the pc, it does not affect the processes considerably while reviewing the components of your computer. It is highly recommended, very instinctive in handling. Another point in your favor is that the cost is not high, you can make payments by installments I have been working with McAffe products for over 15 years and have always maintained the quality of their services

Cons

McAfee can present permeability in some moments if you do not update the version on time, that usually happens when you have a demo version and you do not register in a paid version

JP

Jennie P.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

A good Virus Software

McAfee if a good paid virus software and does the job with relatively few to no headaches. It catches the viruses, informs you of them, and then removes them/quarantines them. You also get a web browser add-on that will inform you of bad/dangerous sites (or at least, the software I used does). It doesn't slow the computer down any more than the other software I've used and it's good for anyone from beginner to expert. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a good paid virus software.

Pros

It's a good software to use for a good price. It's easy to install and doesn't crash often, or at all. It catches 99% of the viruses that come through (nothing is 100%; there's always going to be something that slips through the cracks, if you aren't careful). Scans are easy to perform and doesn't require a lot of figuring out. Good for any user of any skill level.

Cons

It sometimes calls things a virus that isn't a virus. And restoring those things can be more than a simple click or two. Other than that, it's a good product.

Victor J.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Goodbye to Virus Headache

The experience with the software has been astonishing, I really like how it protects you more actively from web pages that have hidden Bitcoin Miners and use the ram of your pc without your permission, and how is easy to set up over your pc. Also its really light on the pc processing so I wont have to worry about opening other software that demands a large amount of computer capacities,which I do all the time.

Pros

The whole interface is really intuitive if I want to set up something with the firewall option there is it, really easy to use, and the web protection is always working fine, just a few days ago it gave me a warning about this music website I was checking out, and it was running a BTC miner over my PC without my permission and it blocked it. I used to have other anti-virus software and whenever I visited such sites those antivirus never warned me about those things. I am sticking with Mcafee for a while due to those reasons.

Cons

Maybe the price can scare the user of not buying the full version, since there are emore accesible softwares nowadays, but apart from that, it's running just fine(and better) than most protection and antivirus software I used so far.

51-200 employees

full-featured signature-based endpoint client which can be configured to meet own needs

A stable endpoint client with solid server-based tools to administer it even in large deployments of hundreds or thousands of endpoints. Good overview over the dashboards and good opportunities to drill down to the issues with a few clicks and keep a healthy environment running.

Pros

The EPO server which is used to manage the endpoint client offers an impressive and quite complete set of tools to administer the directory environment through policies, server tasks, client tasks and pretty much all you need. this makes the product very comfortable to administer for IT departments. the client - given the important applications have been whitelisted, which is key to any antivirus deployment and needs discipline and continuous effort - is reasonably stable and does not misuse resources on the endpoint workstations.

Cons

I did not encounter any specific downside while implementing and using this piece of software. I did not have much direct contact with support, this happened only a few times since I have been setting up this with a vendor. But I was not impressed with the reaction time and helpfulness of the service, although it was still very acceptable.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Makes system slow and does not make a great difference

I have sweet and sour experience with McAfee. Initially i really like this but slowly as it starting impact my laptops and PC, i started searching alternatives to it and this made my life easier. I no longer paid for the subscription and simply used windows defender.

Pros

McAfee gives the summary of active threats and the threats it has handled. Also, possible files or software if ran can prove harmful for system. Every time it ran, it provided a summary and that gives me a list of files and figuring out the sites i should not be using.

Cons

I did not like the updates. Like every day you switch on laptop there is one new update. I find it quite annoying. I had the premium version and felt it makes my system slow at times. Post installation when i just had widows defender, i found it does equally good job without impacting system's performance.

KL

Kim L.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Security across all devices using the best technology

I am a delighted user and the experience was unforgettable.I would highly recommend.

Pros

No more sleepless nights, this software is what I have been looking for for they detect any cyber attacks even the hidden ones Very much affordable compared to its competitors and it ensures the safety of your organizations and keep it out of any threat.Their customer service is always available and ready to help.You can simplify your effectiveness and boost security in your organizations.

Cons

No complains, everything went perfectly just as I expected.

Emin N.

Research, 1-10 employees

Reliable software to protect your electronic devices when you connect to internet

The McAfee Endpoint Security software is a good anti-virus tool for your computer to protect it against undesirable errors or defects. That's why it is very useful for business and research activities, despite some features should be improved.

Pros

1) The software gives an opportunity to scan hard disk fast and easily 2) It blocks the https links, sites automatically where it feels a danger for your computer 3) Helpful customer service: they solved the problem for me concerned with the annual subscription 4) Saves all your passwords and keep them safe by scanning all the time them 5)The software shows notifications to you about the update, scanning results and banned websites or links which are very useful for my research and contacts. 6) Affordable prices for the subscription after using a free trial

Cons

1) It slows and sometimes shuts down your computer after scanning procedures 2) The software sometimes confuses to differentiate banning which is a negative and positive website when you want to do a research 3) The memory of the software is larger with another security software, therefore, it takes a lot of places in C disk

JV

Jonathan V.

Computer & Network Security, 501-1,000 employees

McAfee Endpoint Security

Pros

What I like most about McAfee Endpoint Security is the ability to customize my scans.

Cons

The first thing I like least about McAfee Endpoint Security is the UI. There is so much happening on the dashboard that it gets very confusing trying to look for things. The second is no matter how many times I open the application, McAfee acts as if I am a first time user with tutorial like features. Certain areas will be highlighted and you'll have to select "next" to close out of them.

JB

Jeff B.

Construction, self-employed

McAfee Endpoint Security Review 2021

I have primarily used this on a home computer and it runs in the background and I honestly haven't interacted with it often unless prompted to. Was very easy to install and has a simply and clean interface. I fluctuate yearly with services like this so am always on the fence with what to do next!

Pros

In a nutshell it is date security 101 for the home computer. It does its job protecting and detecting and that is all I can ask of it! Although it is very "basic" on the whole, it does its job to keep the malicious intruders off your system.

Cons

Unfortunately I found this software to be VERY slow. Like noticeable computer slowdown slow. The cost isn't great either so I find that somewhat prohibitive in todays marketplace. I felt at times like I had Malware on my computer from this software (yet it did protect me!)