Pandora FMS Logo

Pandora FMS

Total monitoring solution for full observability

Pandora FMS Reviews - Page 2

Impeccable Remote Monitoring

Pros

Pandora FMS is a brilliant package for remote monitoring and network monitoring especially in data sensitive environment. Pandora FMS does its job as a loyal security personnel keeping us updated about any suspicious activity and helping us overcome it. It uses different serves for network monitoring and remote monitoring for ease and brevity.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag which could be overcome by using additional servers otherwise it's a brilliant package.

Excellent monitoring tool

This tool has been of great help because we can manage faster solutions with the problems in our network, it helped us reduce our response time.

Pros

Auto discovery and automatic detection of the network topology and network monitoring

Cons

So far the tool has what it takes to meet our needs.

Monitoring and control.

It has enabled us to monitor the resources used by virtual machines and network equipment, as well as to be aware of any issues.

Pros

It is extremely useful for monitoring software or implementing it in various infrastructures. It allows me to monitor and control very specific hosts. It comes with extensive documentation that will teach you how to configure and use it.

Cons

It is complicated to implement but with the help of support we were able to accelerate the process.

Very easy to use.

That's what helped us improve our monitoring of VIP servers and computers on our clients.

Pros

Both its use, implementation and customization are very simple. And it doesn't need very robust hardware to run, which makes it cheaper to implement.

Cons

We had difficulties to integrate with some IOS equipment.

Fácil de implementar y funcionamiento perfecto

Encantado con Pandora. Lo recomiendo a compañeros que necesitan una solución de monitorización

Pros

Instalado desde ISO en diez minutos. Monitorizando desde servidores no demasiado potentes sin problemas

Cons

Quizás hecho en falta que la configuración del correo sea aún más simple

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

The swiss-army knife of monitoring solutions

Pros

Its flexibility to adapt to new technologies: we've found no application, server or cloud provider that couldn't be monitored.

Cons

It's not as out-of-the-box as they say. This solution requires proper training to get the 100% out of it.

Thank you Axel for taking the time to do a review of Pandora FMS. Have a nice day!

It allows us to maintain an efficient control of our systems.

It is a flexible tool that helps to maintain tight control and react quickly to contingencies and technical problems.

Pros

It is a highly adaptable and multiplatform solution that allows us to monitor our systems. Pandora always keeps you in control of what you need by processing responses to generate alerts and notifications without sacrificing web console functionality.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about this tool.

Permanent monitoring of resources.

The configuration and interface enable easy monitoring of our systems with great functionality and efficiency, as well as viewing alerts, history, and configuration options.

Pros

It is a highly adaptable, cross-platform solution that can monitor a wide range of systems and networks. It allows me to be more proactive in my work because I have complete visibility of my critical infrastructure.

Cons

We have had no problems of any kind so far.

A monitoring tool easy to use

We are using pandorafms for a long time, our business depends on pandorafms strongly.

Pros

Very flexible to monitor something, it can monitor everything as long as it is number or characters.

Cons

There are some descriptions for old version on manuals.

Todo en uno

Pros

La instalación y configuración del producto resulta sencillo en conjunto con las plantillas que reducen aún más el tiempo de configuración de los sensores.

Cons

Quizás el no contar con una extensa librería de scripts en el cual consultar, para realizar modificación en los sensores.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Great to control everything that is online

We can detect every posible problem before it happens

Pros

It is easy and covers a full range of rules

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit overfunctional

Ibor thank you for your feedback, and for taking the time to review our software. Best Regards Pandora FMS team

Be in control of your servers uptime

Pros

Basically just how easy is to register a free trial and monitor our servers and and our internal shop system. Since we operate in many countries and we want to provide a 100% reliability for our clients, monitoring servers and their usage, errors etc. is really important, having all the data and statistics at one place is a must have, which Pandora FMS provides very well. Create custom reports or configure as many alerts as you want so you know your bussines is working!

Cons

You can get easilly lost in the administration since there are so many things in menu and options it can be tricky sometimes

Easy start, some implications with special scenarios

Easier to deploy than Zabbix

Pros

Easy to deploy, out-of the box predefined monitoring, easy customizable alters.

Cons

Some features only aviable in the paid edition

Software Español en la vanguardia de la monitoriz acción

Pros

Muy flexible y personalizable. Código fuente abierto

Cons

Posiblemente hay áreas que deberían ser más fáciles de configurar

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Excelent for monitoring my lan

I did very well to monitor my network infrastructure. Quickly see the status of all my printers, switch, computers, virtual machines to know if any system has fallen. I recommend this software for all systems administrator.

Cons

Jordi, thanks for your feedback and comment. We are happy to know you are using and doing the best with our software. Thanks so much for taking your time to review our product. Best Regards Javier

Keeping it flexible and looking good.

Recently, as a self taught programmer, I've been dabbing into the thought of setting up a personal server, and sooner or later starting to monitor my (ever-growing) infrastructure. During my research on the software side of things for this process, I've come across many monitoring solutions. The one that has most drawn my attention would probably be Pandora FMS. Firstly because they offer the chance...

Cons

Network Management Giant Software!

Pros

Pandora FMS helps me manage my office network easily. I do manage my networking platform through this one and I'm a happy customer. I wanna highly recommend those looking for managing their office network or server.

Cons

I have little experience with this software and I feel everything working fine. Good wishes.

Financial software

none

Pros

Very good, because I need it every day, it helps me a lot, I like it very much.

Cons

The only drawback is that it is not smooth enough, and the rest can be

Pandora FMS and how is necessary to be informed about your machines

Really cool, makes me grow in my knowledge with a lot of topics all necessary for Local Area Network administration (and remote too).

Pros

The "Recon Server" makes a quick and clean work; after a week the "Prediction Server" takes advantage!

Cons

For Debian/Ubuntu maybe a little tricky; the configuration interface maybe hard at glance because is for general purpose along all the program.

Thank you Jimmy for your review, and for taking the time to write about us on Capterra. Best Regards Pandora FMS team

Pandora FMS promising solution to replace decades of diverse mix of legacy solutions.

We have in our day to day work responsibility for Local, National and International installations. For decades we made our own solutions, tested most well known third party solutions. But still we have not found the total solution to replace all we have in use up to now. FMS looks promising, but we have not succeeded to make it our ultimate resolution.

Pros

GUI based application to replace legacy solutions, in order to be more productive.

Cons

We tried to setup and test without help, this appears to be a hard road to go. Guidelines and examples to this stage would be very welcome. This is the major reason we are still not using FMS in poduction.

Dear Nico, We appreciate your comments. We have an excellent support team that can help you with whatever you need, we also offer professional services and it is worth mentioning that Pandora FMS has one of the most comprehensive and complete documentation of the IT monitoring industry, here is the link https://pandorafms.com/en/documentation/ Do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help. Regards.

Amazing software for small businesses

I was able to obtain interesting information about machines and mobile devices. I am impressed

Pros

Amazing software for small businesses. I am a consultant dedicated to install Lync and Skype for Business over large companies. But this product has nothing to envy over those big names companies. Performance is seriously good specially when you discover that it can run even over a VM. I highly recommend the use of this product for small businesses. SOme of the features are not even available on other more expensive products.

Cons

Support for old versions is not the best. And the life cycle seems to be very short. But you get what you pay.

Highly recommendable monitoring solution

I just recently discovered Pandora FMS a few years back and am surprised how far its come along in terms of development and integrations. In its latest version we can see how its ease of use and general development have been improved upon largely. It's always been about pure flexibility and customisation, and it just keeps growing in that aspect. You're never going to have to see information about...

A really complete toolkit

As a self employed sysadmin, I manage infrastructures for third parties on a daily basis. After trying to monitor efficiently with other solutions, I have come to the conclusion that in terms of price and practicality, Pandora FMS just has very little competition. Basically they're offering a better service and more customisation options than any other monitoring solution out there, for basically...

Pandora FMS

Pros

The Ease of use of the product has been wonderful.

Cons

Integration has been a challenge we've bad to overcome.

Hello Aisha, Thank you for your review. We have one of the most complete and extensive documentation in the IT monitoring sector, and we also offer professional services and support. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.

Pandora FMS

Pros

What I liked most about this software was that I can motorize all kinds of elements. What is better is that only with one tool you can do all kinds of things: as a network motorization, service-oriented motorization, application motorization and many other things, but for me the best are those three.

Cons

At the moment nothing bad has come up because what I have been using has not given me problems so I am satisfied

Thank you very much Jorge for your review. Best regards, Pandora FMS team