Pandora FMS Logo

Pandora FMS

Total monitoring solution for full observability

Pandora FMS Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.75/10

Reviews by rating

The quality and helpfulness of technical assistance is excellent. I love everything about the Pandora FMS workstation, especially the user interface.
Technical support is always available and easy to reach out to. The free trial is great to learn about the tool features and capabilities.
It was very intuitive and easy to use. We loved how it saved up-to 20mins of time doing repetitive tasks each day/week.
You can get easilly lost in the administration since there are so many things in menu and options it can be tricky sometimes.
Integration has been a challenge we've bad to overcome.
Linux base application are more difficult to set up.

rs

ranu s.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Very helpful and highly configurable tool

The software is very helpful for us and we are really enjoying it. Initially it may feel difficult to understand it but with time people start getting use to it and they start getting friendly with it.

Pros

This to is comes with very high level of configuration and flexibility. Another best part about this tool is usability, we are using it with VMs over cloud, server available with us physically to data center. When it comes to user interface, it is very user friendly and easy to understand. It also has good reporting system, Realtime monitoring and alarming system.

Cons

Getting friendly with this software is bit difficult and deployment requires expert IT team.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS! We're delighted to hear that you find it to be a very helpful and highly configurable tool. It's great to know that you appreciate the high level of configuration and flexibility it offers. We're also pleased to hear that you find it user-friendly and easy to understand, especially when working with various environments including VMs over the...

OS

Olin S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Pandora FM(ye)S Please!!

Started with the virtual appliance which made testing the product easy for evaluation. Once the decision was made it was decided to build as per the easy to follow instructions on the website for a CentOS distribution. It has been a solid experience backed with support by Pandora FMS team and the community. Customization was simple with the module library.

Pros

Pandora FMS allows our company to accurately maintain an up to the minute easy to digest visual on inventory and security through out our network for certain industry compliance of workstations and servers. We are a multi OS environment and Pandora FMS fits nicely as it supports all our Operating Systems with provided modules.

Cons

Better support for custom themes would be greatly appreciated. Ability to have a dashboard with all assets displayed with quick hover over status. Think at-a-glance style view of all assets on one page. Would make it easy for Data center admins to get an overall picture.

Thank you Olin for taking the time to do a review! Kind regards

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Monitoring Software

Pros

This product seems really thorough. I would definitely want to implement if I had more money to do so.

Cons

It is expensive. You can start off with a trial, but their NMS & Enterprise licenses are in the 1000’s.

Hello and thanks for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS. Maybe you don't know that we have a fully functional OpenSource version. It also has a forum and plenty of documentation so you can do things at your own pace.

AB

Aaron B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Always evolving and great support !

The platform has a great feel to it and I love how they are always looking to improve the platform. I appreciate the evolution of features and how open the company is to listen to suggestions.

Pros

The ability to apply the same modules across multiple agents is extremely helpful. I like the flexibility of using these policies with various methods. I also like the ability to search for items within the platform as you build up the number of agents, it can be easy to get lost in the number of devices you are monitoring.

Cons

For me, where menu items are located don't always make sense. I have to sometimes search for where something is especially if I don't use that feature a lot.

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on Pandora FMS. We're delighted to hear that you find the ability to apply modules across multiple agents and the flexibility of using policies to be extremely helpful. The search functionality is also a valuable feature, especially as the number of monitored devices increases. We appreciate your comments about the menu items' placement....

AM

Angelo M.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

If you are an IT administrator, you need it and you know it

My experience in general? I couldn't do my job well without this tool. PandoraFMS shows everything, and if you see everything in your networks, you can make improvements and fix problems, even before they arise.

Pros

We started using Pandora FMS with some misgivings. But it turns out that at this very moment and probably for several years to come, it will be an indispensable part of our IT infrastructure. Thanks to PandoraFMS, we discovered that we had no control over our assets and networks. It is well said in some Marketing article "what cannot be measured, cannot be controlled". And it was our case. We did not know where the origin of the network problems was, gigabit networks running at ethernet speed or worse, incredibly high latency. We were able to solve all this thanks to the active and passive monitoring of PandoraFMS.

Cons

I wish it had a magic button to install and configure for the first time.

Hi Angelo, thank you very much for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS. I have good news, we already have the magic install button! ;) It is a single line command for RHEL8 or Rocky8 environments. curl -sL https://pfms.me/deploy-pandora-el8 | sh Thanks for the compliments and I encourage you to bring suggestions and ideas through our forum, they will always be heard!

MR

Mohit R.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

An excellent monitoring tools for many purposes.

It helps me to monitor and analyze the module which is I create. It is very helpful because it is providing all the monitoring services in one application also it helps to monitor my services and gives me regular updates on my module.

Pros

It is a tool that helps you keep track of what's going on. It has features like alerting, IOT monitoring, mainframe monitoring, network monitoring, etc. Furthermore, it also provides consumers and users with cloud and virtualization facilities. It can be controlled remotely. Management of SLA and report becomes easier with Pandora. It can also able to create custom modules for users and help it to monitor also

Cons

There is a major issue with its price. It has compatibility issues with different systems. Sometimes it crashes and is not able to respond to the request of the user. I face issues in integrating with other monitoring features.

Thank you for your feedback on Pandora FMS. It's great to hear that you value its extensive monitoring capabilities and find it easy to manage SLAs and generate reports. We understand your concerns about pricing and system compatibility. We apologize for any occasional issues and are working to improve. If you have further comments, please feel free to let us know. We're here to assist you!

FT

Francisco T.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

The best way to monitor your servers

We are working with this tool for 3 years and its the best friend at the TI department.

Pros

Great quantity of tools to do so.Excelent STAFF and help

Cons

Templates to deploy meassures like in zabbix, Ability to easily connect with Grafana.

Thank you Francisco ! I loved what you said about "the IT department's best friend". :-) I don't know if you know that we have a plugin to connect with Grafana, check it out in our plugin library (pandorafms.com/library). In any case I encourage you to contact us through the forum and suggest how to improve our templates. Thanks for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS!

Abhishek P.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Excellent Server and Network Management System

Overall it has headed in the perfect direction by providing the great platform for managing all of my servers and netowks in one place over the cloud.

Pros

It fulfill all my necessities in managing my networks and servers by providing a detail report and analysis of all of my resources . I can quickly watch if any of my virtual machine or network is disconnected.

Cons

On linux its a bit confusing to use and setup and for a beginner it can be harder to setup i suggest them to provide a detail walkthroughs and report for beginners.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Pandora FMS. We're pleased to hear that Pandora FMS fulfills all your needs in managing your networks and servers, providing detailed reports and analysis of your resources. It's great that you can quickly identify any disconnected virtual machines or networks. We appreciate your feedback on the usability and setup process on Linux. Providing detailed walkthroughs and reports for beginners is a valuable suggestion, and we'll take it into consideration. We're glad to know that Pandora FMS has provided you with an excellent platform for managing all your servers and networks in one centralized location over the cloud. If you have any further comments or suggestions, please feel free to let us know. We're here to assist you!

Holly S.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Monitoring and control.

It has enabled us to monitor the resources used by virtual machines and network equipment, as well as to be aware of any issues.

Pros

It is extremely useful for monitoring software or implementing it in various infrastructures. It allows me to monitor and control very specific hosts. It comes with extensive documentation that will teach you how to configure and use it.

Cons

It is complicated to implement but with the help of support we were able to accelerate the process.

Hi Holly, thank you very much for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS. We will be happy to assist you and listen to your suggestions for improvement through support.

Mathew C.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

It allows to find and solve problems easily and quickly.

It allows us to monitor the company's infrastructure completely and permanently, enabling us to react immediately to any contingency and avoid technological failures in the systems.

Pros

It notifies us if something fails or if data from a dangerous or questionable source is obtained. The policy feature, which allows us to centralize everything and continuously monitor the data of VMware virtual machines, is very important to us because it improves performance and response time in the event of an outage.

Cons

It has worked very well and there is nothing negative to report so far.

JA

Jose A.

The Flexiblest Monitoring System

It helps my job to be more proactive instead of reactive, I have all the visibility of my critical infrastructure.

Pros

I love the flexibility of the system, iI always say it is like a 'blank' sheet of paper, you can 'write' anything on it. The ore you know the system, the more you can do with it...

Cons

It could be better at the 'factory default' reports and graphics, the look n' feel of the graphics too.

JS

Junichi S.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Pandora FMS is the best solution for system monitoring.

Our company provides system management service using Pandora FMS. Pandora FMS is the core software for our service now a days.

Pros

I can customize it easily. Thanks to its flexibility, I could integrate it with our systems. Plus, the scalability is also good. it's easy to design HA and load distribution infrastructure.

Cons

It takes long time to master how to use it. Because, it has a lot of features.

KB

Kumar B.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Cloud-based powerful monitoring tool.

For a long time, we were looking for a monitoring solution that could ensure the resiliency of our web applications and finally, with the help of the Pandora FMS team, we found the right tool. Pandora FMS is an out-of-the-box monitoring solution that allows you to monitor your applications and systems and has a very intuitive interface that allows you to build your dashboards in no time. We can not wait to see what the future holds for Pandora FMS.

Pros

Pandora FMS offers flexible, reliable, and customizable IT infrastructure monitoring, faster resolution of issues, and better overall performance based on monitoring from different sources and vendors.

Cons

I have been looking for a better monitoring solution than what we were using before and I came across this. It is a complete monitoring solution that is easy to learn, use and set up. We can monitor and track everything that matters to us and we can even do it from anywhere.

Americo T.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Permanent monitoring of resources.

The configuration and interface enable easy monitoring of our systems with great functionality and efficiency, as well as viewing alerts, history, and configuration options.

Pros

It is a highly adaptable, cross-platform solution that can monitor a wide range of systems and networks. It allows me to be more proactive in my work because I have complete visibility of my critical infrastructure.

Cons

We have had no problems of any kind so far.

Thanks Americo for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS !

Julie S.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

It allows us to maintain an efficient control of our systems.

It is a flexible tool that helps to maintain tight control and react quickly to contingencies and technical problems.

Pros

It is a highly adaptable and multiplatform solution that allows us to monitor our systems. Pandora always keeps you in control of what you need by processing responses to generate alerts and notifications without sacrificing web console functionality.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about this tool.

OW

Ondřej W.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Be in control of your servers uptime

Pros

Basically just how easy is to register a free trial and monitor our servers and and our internal shop system. Since we operate in many countries and we want to provide a 100% reliability for our clients, monitoring servers and their usage, errors etc. is really important, having all the data and statistics at one place is a must have, which Pandora FMS provides very well. Create custom reports or configure as many alerts as you want so you know your bussines is working!

Cons

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS. Thanks for the compliments and I encourage you to bring suggestions and ideas through our forum, they will always be heard!

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001-10,000 employees

Pandora is Next Business Building

Experience with pandora is osm with communication between teams understanding business issues, finding and providing best solutions, usefulness of tools and provides full guidance on that

Pros

Pandora is most likable software ever because they provide all business problems solutions. I like most useful tool cqll cloud and visualization.

Cons

There is not dislike or unlikely use able software. Pandora provides every solution for problems with all time customer support.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Pandora FMS. It's fantastic to hear that you find Pandora to be an extremely likable software due to its comprehensive solutions for business problems. The cloud and visualization tools are particularly appreciated. We're thrilled to learn that you have not encountered any issues with the software and that Pandora provides solutions for problems along with consistent customer support. We're honored that you recommended Pandora FMS based on its comprehensive facilities and strong customer support. Providing excellent service is a top priority for us!

Roshish S.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

One of the most reliable monitoring system

Pros

It offers extensive monitoring capabilities. I can track various metrics, including server performance, network health, and even user experience, all in one platform. This has help me ensure all my mobile apps are performing optimally. The ability to tailor monitoring according to specific app requirements is a huge plus. I can create custom alerts and notifications that are essential for addressing issues promptly.

Cons

While it is generally user-friendly, it can take a bit of time to fully grasp the huge number of features and capabilities. This initial learning curve can be a bit of a drawback. Also, I would love to have seamless integration for mobile app performance monitoring. While it's possible, it could be more straightforward.

Nv

Nico v.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Pandora FMS promising solution to replace decades of diverse mix of legacy solutions.

We have in our day to day work responsibility for Local, National and International installations. For decades we made our own solutions, tested most well known third party solutions. But still we have not found the total solution to replace all we have in use up to now. FMS looks promising, but we have not succeeded to make it our ultimate resolution.

Pros

GUI based application to replace legacy solutions, in order to be more productive.

Cons

We tried to setup and test without help, this appears to be a hard road to go. Guidelines and examples to this stage would be very welcome. This is the major reason we are still not using FMS in poduction.

Dear Nico, We appreciate your comments. We have an excellent support team that can help you with whatever you need, we also offer professional services and it is worth mentioning that Pandora FMS has one of the most comprehensive and complete documentation of the IT monitoring industry, here is the link https://pandorafms.com/en/documentation/ Do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help. Regards.

TD

Tiziana D.

Highly recommendable monitoring solution

I just recently discovered Pandora FMS a few years back and am surprised how far its come along in terms of development and integrations. In its latest version we can see how its ease of use and general development have been improved upon largely. It's always been about pure flexibility and customisation, and it just keeps growing in that aspect. You're never going to have to see information about...

JS

Jorge S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Pandora FMS

Pros

What I liked most about this software was that I can motorize all kinds of elements. What is better is that only with one tool you can do all kinds of things: as a network motorization, service-oriented motorization, application motorization and many other things, but for me the best are those three.

Cons

At the moment nothing bad has come up because what I have been using has not given me problems so I am satisfied

Thank you very much Jorge for your review. Best regards, Pandora FMS team

Tufayel A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Pandora is just Amazing for Network Monitoring.

Pros

I hear about Pandora FMS in a youtube video and started using this one to monitor my computer network system. I'm just happy to get this kind of service. Very helpful, encourage to use.

Cons

As far as my experience they are totally perfect ‍and smooth performance. So no way to make complaints about this one.

JF

Javier F.

Pandora FMS made my day

I was looking for a monitoring solution to monitor more than 50 databases (different brands such as Mysql and Oracle), after a while I found a complete solution to add to the same dashboard every single application (CRM, Ticketing System, ...) of the infrastructure along with key performance indicator like RAM, CPU, Disk memory, bandwidth, etc It took me one day to handle the product and start adding other components to the monitoring dashboard. Quite flexible and easy to adapt. Cons: I miss some templates by default to start monitoring as soon as possible

Tina B.

Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees

Great Tracking Software

Keeping track of network.

Pros

You can keep up with data on your system.

Cons

There is not any improvements needed at this time.

Wasiullah W.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Pandora FMS: The best network monitoring software

Overall I really like using Pandora FMS for monitoring computer networks.

Pros

I really like the interactive visual dashboard monitoring system of Pandora FMS. I also like the fact that it has free version available.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about Pandora as it is an amazing software.