RoboForm Logo

RoboForm

Password manager & form filler tool

RoboForm Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.82/10

Reviews by rating

I like the simplicity and reliability of the interface. I also like that each password is a file and I can save them and backup myself.
I like that RoboForm is safe and easy to use. I also like that I can safely store notes there and I can use RoboForm on my cell phone.
It is wonderful to be able to access a form and not have to manually enter all the information over and over again.
The second time I tried it was last year when Firefox updates were messing up my LastPass experience. I hated the feel of Roboform and it was not an intuitive experience for me.
When switching versions from standard to business and back to standard, it kept giving me an error that the business account was expired. Perhaps a install issue but more of a burden than an issue.
Roboform is the only password security system with no headaches or worries for the users.

Bernard G.

Cloud Applications Consultant

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great for website password management

Transcript

Bernard: Hello, I'm Bernard, Business Cloud Consultant. And I give RoboForm a solid five, out of five....

BV

Barry V.

Sales Manager

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Roboform...can't live without it

Transcript

Barry V: Hi, my name is Barry. I'm a systems administrator for our organization. We are in the information...

Feldriana T.

A software that I highly recommend to people who use a lot of logins and passwords.

To incorporate this software into your daily work functions is to say goodbye to wasted time by remembering and adding users and passwords. Although it may seem simple, accessing bank, business, corporate, administrative and even project review accounts with a single click is a great convenience that saves time that can be invested in other activities. I potentially recommend this software to everyone

Pros

I have a wide range of websites, online accounts, bank users, services and programs that I use at work where I have to have a username and password. Roboform came into my life at the right time, it stores an unusual amount of users and passwords, allowing me to save important time in the search for each password, and also allows me to have my passwords protected without having to use my memory to access my users. In addition to this it is very easy to use, just indicate in the search tab of the web browser that you want to use roboform and READY! Your password will appear instantly. Your protected database is very useful for the functions I perform at work and also works for me personally.

Cons

At the moment I have not been able to get any cons in this software, as I have tested it in several pages, in several web browsers and applications without any problem. It is a software that optimizes the use of passwords and users in a transcendental way. I can't find any flaws in the software.

Wulliams C.

Arts and Crafts, 501-1,000 employees

Maximum security in the protection of my passwords.

Pros

Roboform is the leading software par excellence in the management and storage of user passwords for logins. This is its greatest strength and why I use it in my work environment. Currently in our work group I manage the treasury, event planning, cultural and theatrical activities; to keep protected and stored each of the bank passwords and electronic kernels, this software is my undisputed ally. Only...

Cons

Perhaps its great strength can also be its great weakness, I mention this because roboform stores each of your passwords centralizing them in software, the weakness I observe in this is in relation to hacking my account, since an unauthorized person who enters my roboform session could steal each one of my keys.

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback! We're thrilled to hear you're putting RoboForm to good use. Regarding security, it's of the utmost importance to us. Decryption is performed locally on your local browser and not on our server. No RoboForm data can be accessed without the Master Password and the Master Password is never transmitted to our servers. As such, even in the unlikely event that our servers were breached, your data is effectively useless without the Master Password to decrypt it. Should you have any remaining questions regarding RoboForm security, please do not hesitate to reach back out. Thanks again!

SF

Scott F.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Provides critical and secure password management to my desktop and mobile devices.

Pros

Obviously, what I like most about this program is that it manages my usernames and passwords quite effectively. I like the fact that the program installs on my desktop computer AND integrates into my web browsers, as well as several programs on my computer as well. I manage passwords not only for myself, but also client resources and my family, so I have hundreds if not thousands of access credentials to manage. Roboform makes it pretty easy to find what I need, when I need it, and has a quick and easy secure password generator built into the interface too.

Cons

I've used this software for a few years, and I have found a good number of CONS that have yet to be resolved, which are in no particular order. Manually adding/editing fields in an existing login site/record is terribly akward at best; once you find the edit section you can't easily add the field you want unless it is already shown. I thought about trying another program a while back, and then realized...

Hi Scott - thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Knowing what works well, and even more so, the things that might not be working so well, is extremely helpful. Again, we appreciate your willingness to provide feedback and we have passed it along to the appropriate team.

Dwight M.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

RoboForm a keychain of all your credentials

the iOS version has a lot of security, I use it with face ID and it's like having a keychain of all my credentials on my cell phone, Remembering passwords is a thing of the past for me, it has taken away the tedious job of saving passwords from my accounts on different devices, with RoboForm all my passwords are synchronized, I always have them at the time I want, no matter where I am, in addition to passwords I can save identity profiles with address, phone number and names.

Pros

I like RoboForm because it is a password manager and generator for different platforms, since today all our work and life depends on the internet and we have a lot of information on our different devices, such as passwords for very confidential accounts from our jobs, passwords for our credit or debit cards that we have to have insurance, RoboForm has a Google Chrome browser extension that gives us access to our accounts with a master key.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about RoboForm is that it doesn't work as well on Android as it does on IOS, updates on PC often have to be done manually, they aren't done automatically usually.

desiree del valle g.

As a manager, the security of my passwords is the premise

When I use Roboform, the feeling of security that I give is incredible. Sometimes having all the control of the more than 10 passwords that I must use every day was quite tedious, having to write them down on slips of paper and take them with me everywhere. Now this was in the past, Roboform is an excellent software that makes the difficult thing much easier.

Pros

Although it seems a joke, this software was provided by my nephew of 12 years, recommending that I was going to be useful in the work, and go that the children know a lot. Roboform has given me a security like I never had at work. It stores each one of my passwords, according to my requirements, that is to say, that I CHOOSE, what password to keep and what not, giving me the sensation of autonomy and security. In addition to this it has a system of information encryption that protects the passwords of possible computer aggressors that want to subtract them, all this is combined with an excellent synchronization with the search engines, and with just one click I can autocreate passwords to open my different administrative users in the job

Cons

At first it costs a bit to use it and more when you do not have prior knowledge of this software. I needed assistance through videos, web tutorials and advice from my nephew, however, understanding their functions is very easy to use.

IAN A.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

RoboForm is a central pillar of my working and personal life. A blessing.

This is a central component of my organising and moving through my day to day life. with one master Password I can create multiply passwords without the difficulty of remembering the all including the log on address. On any new set up of a device generally Roboform would be in the first 5 application to be installed.

Pros

Roboform frees up my head space of passwords and identities, it transports effortlessly between PC and mobile devices. The ability for me to pre-fill docs is a godsend. The added advantage of Roboform Business gives me the security to define what passwords and access level each staff member gets but also insures that I have total access.

Cons

The fact that passwords in subordinate accounts do not automatic populate to the master account can be problematic or that password changes are not automatically changed in all accounts that have been cloned. This often create confusion on who has the updated password. In all cased the master account should be the absolute.

Adem W.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Never again lose access to your accounts

I have used roboform for more than 5 years, today I could not live without it, today is common having multiple accounts on different pages and internet platforms this is when we need an excellent password manager like Roboform that can be easily adapted to Google Chome to save identifies in many pages in which we have saved a password

Pros

What I like is that it generates secure passwords for each account, you can fill out forms you’re your information, this saves time and is one of the reasons I have always used this password manager. It is very safe to use since to enter the program requires a master password since I use many accounts that require passwords, I am surer not to lose my information since roboform has a backup in the cloud, if I change my PC I can be sure that my information will not be lost.

Cons

Something that they should add is to be able to use roboform in other software, since it only available for browsers.

Anne J C.

Staffing and Recruiting, 10,001+ employees

Excellent for saving password

Nowadays it is common to have many accounts in different web pages, and it is impossible to remember each password, that is why the use of an app like Roboform is essential, in addition to saving the passwords I can generate a new one with special characters so that they are more secure.

Pros

I have been using Roboform for more than 5 years, with this app I keep all my passwords, I like it because it is easy to use, I mainly use the version for Google Chrome, I like that in addition to saving passwords, it saves information on identity profiles and credit card data, addresses, telephone numbers, among others, I like that it is easy to identify which web each password is since it saves the icon of each web page.

Cons

I don't like that I have to log in every time I open the browser, it's not a big deal, but it would be easier if I only asked for the password once.

Everianny B.

An excellent software to manage passwords and auto-fill forms

As he was promoted in my company, I was assuming more responsibilities that depended among other things, to handle applications, software and bank accounts, so I had to have the handling of more than 6 passwords. Roboform was the solution for the management of these accounts, since it allowed me to memorize them all automatically without worrying about the security of them. Buy this software that you will not regret

Pros

This software plays a very important role in my work. Between the kindnesses that I can recognize of Roboform we have: -Its highest quality, manage passwords. It is no longer a problem to manage multiple passwords thanks to Roboform. -The format of auto filling is an excellent option that saves time and effort. - Its synchronization with the explorers makes it easier when using it with internet.

Cons

Sometimes I have had problems to use the auto-fill formats, since they tend to get confused, so I have automatic information filling in different pages from the ones initially selected by me, creating problems for me.

Megan G.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

With RoboForm your passwords are more secure

Before when I didn’t know about this password manager I had many problems since I forgot my account passwords , a coworker recommended Roboform and since I use this application all my passwords are in one place.

Pros

What I like most about Roboform is that all the passwords for my different accounts are secure, the option to automatically fill out the forms in a secure way is impressive and they save you a lot of time, Roboform has shown me that if I can have all my accounts secure and that I don't have to worry if someone wants to steal my password and it still gives me double security with the option of the master password.

Cons

I like everything about this application because it takes care of my very important accounts like Paypal, even the least important one like my Spotify or Netflix account.

SL

Sandra L.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Switching from personal to business use

It's a great system even with the drawbacks. RoboForm has been great. I have had the personal for over 10 years and now I have the business version.

Pros

RoboForm is a great product. Having upgraded to the business version, so that I can keep my personal logins separate from the business logins, that employees need, is great. RoboForm Everywhere allows me to travel with all my logins on my phone. I travel a lot in my business. I don't keep it on my travel laptop so if it is stolen or lost, there is no access to my passwords on the laptop. That's an extra level of security for me.

Cons

The integration of the 2 systems (personal and business) is not easy. When I want to add a new login to the business, it's takes several navigations to get to the website to do it. It's not easy to set up and there is no live support to help you do it. The written support assumes you know the terminology and how to navigate better than you do. Email support is not helpful when you are in the middle of a set up. I'm still not sure if have done it right or using it in the best way.

Hi Sandra, Thank you taking the time to provide feedback. We've passed it along to our support team, and we requested that they schedule a phone call in order to best assist.

Dawn A.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Always there for me, never in the way.

I have 25+ years worth of casual, business, research and medical log ins. Some type of safe manager is essential to my online productivity. I couldn't survive without one. Over the years I have tried many and roboform won me over with their long dedication to the market (over a decade that I am aware of), and ease of use.

Pros

Dependable. Have used on and off for over 10 years. Used another for a few years until free tier was removed. Came back to roboform and have been happy ever sense. Syncs across multiple devices with same interface and user experience. Fast. There when I need it. No wait time. Minimal clicks. Easy to learn and use. No digging around in help files.

Cons

Software offers a bookmark storage. I wish this feature had more functions. It would be nice to use it in place of native bookmarking but as it is, the bookmark features are very minimal.

HP

Haryl P.

Real Estate, self-employed

Wouldn't use them ever!

Some, but their tech help is unavailable! Had to call random extensions in the company until I found someone who could transfer me the tech manager. UGGGH!

Pros

Decent program, easy to install and use. Some of the commands are confusing, however, it does work as it should.

Cons

But if anything goes wrong, the tech help never answers the phone ( hours of waiting over several days). Had to dial random extensions at Roboformto get to talk to somebody and then asked them to connect me to the tech help manager. He tried to upgrade and reinstall but it still had problems. BUT the most telling of all, when you delete the program from your PC, which I did, Roboform asked why are you doing this. One of the choices is "Because the program and has too many bugs and causes problems". They know they have problems.

Hi Haryl - We sincerely apologize for any lack of assistance you experienced. Because our phone support is limited, we highly encourage users to contact our technical team via our 24 hour online ticketing system. Regarding the issues you're experiencing, we'd certainly love to address them and get your RoboForm up and running. To do so, please submit all details via a ticket at your earliest convenience. http://bit.ly/1L9QELn. Thank you.

AM

Anthony M.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Best Password Program Available

Overall, RoboForm is probably one of the most useful programs to own. I have recommended it many times over the years and will continue to do so.

Pros

Ability to store as many items per page as necessary. Can use to fill a complete web form with data that doesn’t change (I.e. a Bill of Lading where 90% of the info required is always the same). Able to have all passwords at your fingertips when using the desktop and iOS versions.

Cons

The alphabet running down the right hand side of the list of logins does nothing. I have tried hundreds of times over the years to tap a letter to go straight to that section of logins thinking I am just not being precise enough, but it simply does nothing, ever, not once! The only way to get to the “Z’s“ is to scroll down. Really frustrating to have the appearance of a shortcut but not have a real shortcut.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Regarding the iPhone scroll feature, the information has been passed along and we expect the improvement to be released in the very near future. In the meantime, we apologize for the frustration and we appreciate your patience. Thank you again for being a RoboForm user!

KK

Kaysi K.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Great for storing passwords, bank numbers, secure notes for small business

Not having to think about all my different logins. Having credit card information securely stored for easy access with online purchases. Sharing login with coworkers which are updated in real time.

Pros

RoboForm makes it easy to share logins between coworkers. If one employee updates a login, it's updated for all other employees who use that login. You can assign certain employees to certain login lists so not everyone has access to everything. You can fill checkout screens with your credit card and billing address with one click. You can store secure notes in a "safenote" which are not a login but maybe a pin number or access code you still need to share with employees (for example, after hours gate lock code for the building). Great customer service and ticket submission for any issues you need tech help with.

Cons

Implementation was a little messy and delayed with version 7 when we first started a few years ago. We needed to update to version 8 last year in order to fix a couple issues and once we got to version 8 it's been smooth sailing.

LB

Larry B.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Necessary for small IT team

In the course of supporting the IT equipment for a small church I have to create a large number of accounts and passwords. RF not only helps me organize it all for my own use and sanity but allows me to share the data with others who can add to it. To the user it is nearly indistinguishable from consumer version of Roboform Everywhere.

Pros

Shares key information for accessing all our equipment so I don't have to be on the phone when others need access. Also allows others to store personal information not accessible by the administrators.

Cons

It attempts to tame a lot of complexity on the web and in different applications. Websites and apps are always trying to make things harder for automated solutions like this. To an unfortunate degree they succeed. Still RF can store if not autofill any sensitive or critical information you need.

DN

Debbie N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

RoboForm from a Person who is not techie

Weak and easily guessable passwords.Forgotten or lost credentials.Inefficient management of user accounts and access privileges.Insecure login process that leaves sensitive information vulnerable to unauthorized access.BenefitsImproves security and protects sensitive information.Enhances user experience and convenience.Streamlines credential and user management.

Pros

Offers encrypted password storage for improved security and protection of sensitive information.Enhances user convenience with password synchronization and multi-factor authentication.Streamlines credential management and user account organization.Generates strong and secure passwords for users.

Cons

Potential technical limitations and need for good quality equipment and reliable network connection.May require investment in technology and training for effective use.Some users may find multi-factor authentication to be an additional step in the login process.

Mr

Michael r.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Best Password Manager

I began using Roboform for personal use, and believed in its productivity and automation so much that I recommended for use at work and was approved. All of management uses it now, and it helps be much more product. It solved the insecure method of using Notepad or paper to keep track of passwords. Now, our company has a secure and efficient way of storing passwords for all the systems we use daily.

Pros

Roboform keeps all of my passwords safely stored, and I can access them from anywhere. I also like that it allows you to store almost an unlimited number of accounts. I have hundreds of accounts saved, and still have room for more. I also like that it has an Android app. I use both the app and desktop version on a daily basis. The password generator is big plus as well. I hate creating passwords that are secure, and Roboform does this at just the click of a button.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about it.

Richard F.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

A Great Tool

I have been a RoboForm user from almost the very beginning and what I have noticed is the continued improvement of the product. This is the best product for storing User names and PW, plus the other apps that are incorporated make it the best on the market.

Pros

It's adaptability and responsiveness to changes in technology. This allows the application to remain extremely relevant in today's changing security environment. The Safenotes portion is an extremely handy repository for items that you need to protect.

Cons

The functionality of the personal name fill for filling in web sites with personal information, Address, Credit Card, etc., needs to be looked at. using it with Chrome can be very cumbersome if you're setting up a new account.

Thanks for the feedback, Richard! Regarding autofill issues with an Identity, should specific sites pose a problem, please send them our way so our team can troubleshoot. http://bit.ly/1L9QELn

NM

Niki M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Amazing product that I've used for YEARS

I've been using RoboForm both personally and professionally for years. It is absolutely a must have software. I have introduced it and recommended it for purchase in every organization in which I've worked. The time that it saves trying to store, change, and access passwords within an organization is valuable beyond words.

Pros

I love how easily it syncs between all devices! We work in the Government sector and password changes takes place constantly. There's no telling who in our industry might try to access a Government site when it asks for the password to be changed. I love that no matter who changes it, it syncs across all of our phones and mobile devices.

Cons

I honestly have found no cons with the software.

PC

Patrick C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

A great way to manage passwords

I have used RoboForm for many years - I thinks since version 1 and I recommend I it to all of my clients. It's easy to use and get going.

Pros

I like RoboForm be cause it is very easy to setup and use. Most modern browsers have a password saving feature but RoboForm works well with all of the major web browsers so you don't need to worry about which browser you are using at the time. There are a lot of features with this app and it is wroth the subscription.

Cons

There isn't much to not like about this software. There is no app for Linux so the extension syncs with the cloud. It is a slight inconvenience but not an issue.

LP

Larry P.

Photography, self-employed

My Go-To form filler

We both feel a lot safer having a wide variety of difficult passwords that we don't need to worry about managing mentally. We's getting older now, and I have relied on Roboform for as long as I can remember... 15 years? Probably! My wife has been a user since 2010, and she loves it.

Pros

I like how Roboform keeps itself up-to-date with unintrusive notices. It used to be a pain, but they have smoothed out the process, and it's much better now. Also, it is such a no-brainer, even my wife became a paid user a few years ago after she saw how much it did to speed up all kinds of things, whether it's shopping, paying for things, or just signing in to our web sites.

Cons

Nothing, actually. I need to pare down my list of logins/passwords, because the list is too long, but that's my bad.

TB

Teela B.

Good password organizational program

Pros

RoboForm is easy to use. It is literally just a click and fill. It saves the website a long with the login and password. Updating a password is easy too. No more excel worksheet with a list of user names and passwords.

Cons

It doesn't work for all sites. I haven't been able to figure it out but I think some websites block the use of RoboForm which is inconvenient but you just type it the info manually. Also when going to a new site you only have a few seconds to tell RoboForm to save the new site and password or you have to enter it manually.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! Regarding the sites that are posing an issue with RoboForm, please feel free to send the list our way and our team will gladly investigate. Thank you! http://bit.ly/1L9QELn

Ted S.

One of the best password managers on the market!

Secure and organized password, bookmark, financial account, and form data available on all my connected devices.

Pros

I've been a long time Roborm user and have seen this program continually evolve every year. I love the cross platform compatability and synchronization functionality and advanced form filling features. I also love the fact that not only does it save all my website logins it also allows me to manage my bookmarks securely and keeps all my devices synchronized and up to date.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that has not already been covered. It would be nice if I wasn't forced to use their browser on my android phone instead of them making their app integrate inside of my chrome browser on my phone.

MK

Meg K.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

small business usage

shared, password access to sites assigned to different teams and collective information

Pros

able to create "groups" sharing data with different log ins: easy to create users and attach to a team (once I figures it out) and if someone leaves, you can easily shut down their access

Cons

support seems to require a bit of patience, mostly done through email despite my request to have a call back as I was setting up several users

Hi Meg, Thank you for sharing your experience. While support is typically handled via our 24/7 ticketing system, we do have the ability to escalate to a phone call when requested. In an effort to better streamline the process and ensure calls are returned, we have passed this feedback along to our support team for review. Thanks again!