SilverSky Managed Security Services

Security device monitoring and management

SilverSky Managed Security Services Reviews

Pros

We use this product for Firewall and Content Filtering and I have been thrilled with it. They provide easy to use interfaces and work quickly to get issues resolved.

David N.

We have been using silversky Managed Security Services over 3 years and love it very much. The services is very stable and we used it daily.

We have tried to do some of this in house, and it is even more cost effective to use Silver Sky - AND a better product. They know what they are doing, and have a team of engineers at our fingertips.

christy c.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a single negative thing, or bad experience we've had in all the years we've used them. If I had to choose something it would be - please quit changing the name.

christy c.

Lack of log output features (eg. IPS/IDS output to SIEM via syslog etc.).

Theodore M.

Natalie C.

4.7

Managed Security Services

Pros

we have been using silversky Managed Security Services over 3 years and love it very much. the services is very stable and we used it daily.

Cons

dont have phone app to allow user to connect to the CO-LO. its will be a plus if there is a phone APP to allow the VPN connection.

One of our favorite vendors

I think i did that in the Pros question. We enjoy a very positive working relationship with SilverSky! In every way!

Pros

We enjoy Silver Sky's commitment to quality service. As a financial institution, security is our priority, and it is very meaningful when we know every time we call we get a person, who has the answer. When we have a project, it gets DONE - we don't have to call and follow-up. Actually they keep US on OUR toes. We have tried to do some of this in house, and it is even more cost effective to use Silver Sky - AND a better product! They know what they are doing, and have a team of engineers at our fingertips. Worth everything!

Cons

I honestly can't think of a single negative thing, or bad experience we've had in all the years we've used them. If I had to choose something it would be - please quit changing the name!

Great products that brings peace of mind

Pros

They offer top notch security that gives me complete confidence that my network is being protected. We have never had any issues with the product (firewall and content filtering) and questions are always resolved fully.

Cons

Communication can be a little slow and not very user friendly

Security at it's Finest

Pros

Silversky does an excellent job of managing the security of our environment. I always get a call if anything unusual is happening in our firewall, systems, etc. If I need a change made, they are always there to help! The firewalls at all of my locations work as they should and need very little, if any, intervention from IT.

Cons

I have had no issues with Silversky's Managed Security Services at all.

Great Protection Comes With A Cost

Vigilant, professional, and easy to work with.

Pros

Knowing that our network is protected by one of the best managed security services available.

Cons

Primarily the cost of the service. It's expensive, but these days you need the best protection you can find. However, the cost of a security event can easily outweigh the cost of the service.

Managed Security

I have worked with SilverSky, not BAE Systems, for almost 20 years. Again, I like the real person interaction and knowledgeable support team, and responsive. Again, there were times the support person lacks the passion to help (having a don't care mentality).

Pros

Instant alerts, real person support, and knowledgeable support team.

Cons

Pricy and sometimes, support lacks caring and passion for our needs (what is good for us).

Incredible Support Team

Pros

It's like having our own in house security team. We just email or call and someone immediately assists us.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to determine what site or tool we should use for each task. But we call support and they always walk us through it.

Good product for mailing services

Pros

The product is integrated seamlessly to the application via SSO. Good customer support.

Cons

Not much of it but the slowness at times should be eliminated.

Managed services at great value for security needs

Been using Silversky services for many years and has satisfied our security needs.

Pros

Easy to use and manage. The security features are basic, but effective. Support is responsive.

Cons

Lack of log output features (eg. IPS/IDS output to SIEM via syslog etc.)

BAE Silverysky Threat Intel Services

Pros

Competent and responsive team to address incidents and provide insight.

Cons

Like most managed services, you don't get a lot of hands on interaction with threat assessments.