All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Passportal Reviews

Fairly new, but very technical user

We were LastPass users for 5 years. Passportal is definitely an upgrade. However, LastPass' extensions seem to be more mature and compatible.

Pros

- Very well thought out and robust feature set - Portal layout - Global search with options - AD integration

Cons

- Browser extension incompatible with Duo 2FA for certain sites - Organization key requirement. It resets on its own and I don't like storing it somewhere else - Passportal extension doesn't always prompt to add new sites, and clumsy when it does. If you accidentally click off the extension without saving, you lose anything already typed.

Must-have tool

Pros

The functionality of the product is fantastic, many great features are available right from the browser plugin without having to log into the web portal

Cons

There are a few company-wide reporting features that are noticeably lacking.

Great little password tool

Positive, makes password management fairly easy.

Pros

Our company started using passportal this last year, and it is much more user friendly than alternatives we have tried. Highly recommended!

Cons

Browser extension at time was not great, however the company has released a new one that works great.

General

Good

Pros

Nice looking, good integrations for current software

Cons

Every time you choose another entry the page refreshes!

Passportal Feedback

So many users complained about having to use a password manager. Once we got them setup and some basic training they quickly realized the value and are now advocating password management to clients, friends and family.

Pros

The peace of mind you get after you've changed all of your online access to use highly complex and unique passwords, but only have to remember 1.

Cons

Chrome Add-In: When entering search I have to tab 4 times to launch site. I don't like being forced to the mouse. Would be better if I could just hit enter after entering search and a match is found.

Works well, but the integration could use a little help

Pros

Password tracking Password rotation for AD accounts Audit log

Cons

The integration with CW is one way. And only allows you to import the most basic fields from CW manage. All notes are left behind as are custom configuration questions.

Good password manager / OK document manager

So far things have been good and not having to email sensitive passwords to clients is a huge bonus. Clients we have deployed to Sites enjoy being able to manage company and personal passwords outside of browser password managers. Documents portion can use some work to make things link better but it’s a good start.

Pros

The ability to share passwords (with permissions) via Site to our clients is the main reason for going with Passportal. The mobile app is efficient and handy when onsite. The fact they are a Canadian Company was also very important.

Cons

The inability to share docs with client Sites is a big feature we are waiting for. A second issue is the inability to choose how passwords are sorted in the mobile app (by description instead of username) makes things a little cumbersome. Lastly, no integration with Kaseya BMS/VSA causes duplication of data.

Life Saver

All passwords across our estate and all clients are now in passportal, secure and easy to reset

Pros

When an IT engineer leaves the company, we no longer have to spend hours resetting passwords for all clients

Cons

Development for bugs and new features is rather slow

Passportal does a lot

My rep has been awesome and they seem to be working hard in the background.

Pros

On browsers it does a quality job of managing passwords, and documentation.

Cons

On browsers including mobile, it has some issues like; form fill is non functional on Android.

Good service, solid features, questionable overall business tactics

Pros

It's easy to use, secure and seems to get regular development.

Cons

No cons about the software itself, the company (Solarwinds) is questionable at this point though. Since SolarWinds purchased PassPortal the cost for add-on licenses has more than doubled. We were made aware of this coming change by our rep through the course of a random conversation, not via any formal customer notification. Our rep said we would be grandfathered in at the old pricing level, but that does not appear to be the case. Shady... very shady.

Great Product, Serious Implementation Issues

It's a good tool, but the configuration is taking way to long

Pros

The product is solid. Its password management feature puts it ahead of other documentation platforms. But...

Cons

Transitioning from IT Glue has been nearly impossible. I was told we'd be able to export all our data from IT Glue, and import into PassPortal via a basic .zip file, but it wasn't that simple. First, and most importantly, not one password was successfully imported from IT Glue to PP. Zero. The same with documents and articles. So effectively, all of the useful information that can't just be grabbed...

Passportal essential in today's password reality

Using better passwords makes us more secure and sharing passwords between co-workers is now a breeze. The support team is fabulous.

Pros

I simply does what it is supposed to do without any unnecessary complexity.

Cons

We found a glitch with one web site that would not allow login with the product. We simply use another browser until it is sorted out. The other thing is not really a con; I have to change all my weak passwords now and enter them into Passportal to keep things more secure. Not a terrible thing by any means.

Love this product

Great product and great support.

Pros

Secured our passwords and eased access. Makes us more efficient.

Cons

Nothing yet, product is great. Straight As.

Great password soulution

Pros

Nice mobile app, great audit reports, the password AD sync helps alot for service accounts.

Cons

Right now I cant see any cons in the way we use it.

Great password management at an affordable price!

Exceutive from Passportal was very professional, but very compassionate about her salespitch. Not once did she make us feel like we was foolish for asking a question that would probably seem obvious. The product was pointed out very well, both its pros & cons where explained well and we felt we could trust the advice that was given.

Pros

Its one of the fastest password management tools to get what you need quickly, in & out with full auditing and permissions on every aspect. It has helped our management of not only our internal passwords but our clients also.

Cons

The setting up of the clients with the SITE addon was a bit tedious. Having to spend 30 minutes with each client you want to have use of Passportal will get tedius.

Inspire Digital feedback

There was no way to contact Passportal providers before. I am hoping this will be omproved as I have worked pretty much blind with that for past 6 months.

Pros

The search bar! Ease in password inputting and folder creation.

Cons

I am the one who set it up, the settings do not adhere to permission, the wording is different therefore it is extremely hard to set it up with accurate access. Also there are 3 thresholds of settings and all must be compatible to work accurately. The access, the used and the permission.

Cloud 9 IT review

My overall experience was very good, I could access my information from anywhere and it was easy to use

Pros

I liked the layout and the amount of information I could store in Passportal

Cons

The thing I liked least about the software was the support, not very helpful at times

Passportal Review

Everything has been great and the support as well when needed.

Pros

Documentation and Ease of use. The ad sync with passwords is a life saver. Documentation has saved us hundreds of hours of troubleshooting.

Cons

I cannot right click and paste into my articles. However I can just use ctrl+V. Not a big deal just an honorable mention.

Helps keep brain drain down.

makes my day to day of keeping the documents updated and ready for when they are needed easier.

Pros

All in one storage of docs, and secure passwords. The fact that passwords are there for the team as they need them but are secured is great.

Cons

the same thing I love, the security to log in and the time out.

Better than IT Glue

My documentation for clients is so much easier to access and the runbooks feature gives you a nice readable document to hand over should the need arise. I usually update my runbooks and archive them for those "Just in case" moments.

Pros

It is very easy to use, the browser plug-ins make password entry a breeze and integration with other tools such as Connectwise Control (ScreenConnect) and TakeControl is fantastic

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome browser plugin will do strange things, but only if you have A LOT of tabs open (I think more of a Chrome issue than PP)

Great product, functions great as is, but needs a little maturity

Pros

Integration, value, setup, ease of use, was honestly 9/10 of the product I was looking for. Very intuitive

Cons

Slow response from support, though it was a very low priority issue so not too bad, missing some key features available in other password management solutions such as being able to generate TOTP codes for other logins

Advance using Passportal

The experience with the product has been greatly received from our Team and we are seeing a lot more efficiently within the team as they can go to a client, find the required information and get the job done. Also with the integration of Solarinds RMM our team are spending more time in Passportal and less in RMM because everything can be accessed from one location.

Pros

When we first saw the demo we were really impressed about the Password management capabilities and what it had to offer. Then once we got passed that we saw the real benefit of the product and that was the documentation side of thing the product had as well as the integration with Solarwinds RMM.

Cons

The only con we have found at the moment is the ability to have a default location to store articles and then link them to clients that share and use the same application.

Peace of mind

Overall it was an easy decision, easy implementation and overall great solution.

Pros

It is comforting know that our sensitive data is secure!

Cons

It can be a bit challenging to log in some times but this is really the whole point so I don't this I can put this down to being a con.

Satisfied with PassPortal

Pros

The password management and documentation portion of this product is fantastic. It has have a very positive impact on our organization. Allows our technicians to access the data they need in a quick fashion which ultimately provides our clients with a better experience.

Cons

The customer documentation portion. As an organization we have

Passportal review

Pros

The software is easy to use, able to upload credentials en masse and Highly adaptable

Cons

There are some areas i'd like to include Photoes in the body of the article or datafeild but I can only link the image instead.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.