Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Logo

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Reviews - Page 2

RP

Rob P.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Simple, light weight, and effective antivirus

We were a large enough deployment that we had assistance in our initial installation from a Webroot Engineer to setup the different policies for workstations, servers, and remote desktop servers. The understanding of the setting in the policies and having someone guide us to making the right decisions was key to making sure that we were protected and that Webroot did have any performance impact especially on our servers.

Pros

We use the software daily and find that it is easy to use and do not get any complaints from users about it slowing down their systems. Deployment and licensing is simple and can be done by sending an email with a link, group policy, or manual installation. We get alerts in near real time of any threats found and while we sometimes have to do additional remediation we have not had a serious outbreak.

Cons

We get false positives around generic Trojans that need to be whitelisted. The whitelisting of programs in by the MD5 hash of the files contained in the programs. The method for identifying and whitelisting the MD5 hash of files in the programs is not intuitive and is done by what Webroot sees as unidentified files. Since Webroot does not have the traditional whitelist a folder so it doesn't scan the folder for viruses that other AV systems use we are often having to explain and butt heads with software vendors who blame the AV for issues. Technical support is knowledgeable, but we had issues getting a hold of technical support and response to tickets is often 24 - 48 hours.

Thank you for all of the valuable feedback!

AM

Anthony M.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Clear Winner in a Crowded Field of Protection

Overall it is very easy to find antivirus protection but when it comes to minimal false negatives and no resource hogging clients this is the clear winner.

Pros

Webroot is a thin, non-system resource intensive anti-virus and malware protection suite. We have tried countless renditions of protection but none offer the amount of protection and ease of use as Webroot. We deploy the client from the web panel and each user is managed in groups with group policies set within our management console. All viruses, malware, and other threats are reported and handled by the client and admins are notified of the threat. The good thing is that the deployment talks to our cloud based management whenever internet is accessed. Users can't disable the client either without our administrative overview.

Cons

The only con I can see is we have had a couple clients that appeared twice in the management and with no rhyme or reason. This was fixed by removing both an reinstalling the client on those particular clients. The good news is that it only happened once or twice.

NM

Nathan M.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Speed, but with sacrifices.

I've used Webroot Endpoint Protection for a little over two years. I've found every aspect of the product to be excellent except (and this is a big except) actual detection of threats, and client speed on OS X systems. Webroot allowed several common worms through at my client's location, and did not detect them on a standard Windows 7 installation, even on repeated scans, after I was able to confirm...

Pros

Very easy to use and deploy, administrative console allows excellent granular controls of client privileges, scope of protection, and endpoint groups. Integrates with Windows server products for deployment (though I use Samba instead, so this was not an option), and provides a centralized point for administrator notification and action when compromised/infected systems are detected. Client seems relatively fast and works on multiple platforms, though see below re. OS X.

Cons

In my experience, Webroot, though the exposed end is fast and well-designed, does not reliably block or detect common threats. This is obviously a Big Deal in a product billed as enterprise-grade antivirus/antimalware. One employee at the affected client's office was able to download three separate third-party software installers containing malware payloads on a Saturday, install them, and work for...

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Nathan. All threat related matters need to be handled by our Threat Team directly. You can open a ticket or contact our Team by phone for immediate assistance. Open a Support Ticket: http://mysupport.webrootanywhere.com/supportwelcome.aspx?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA Business Technical Support: Call 1-866-254-8400 Regards, Josh P. Digital Care Coordinator

Computer & Network Security, self-employed

Excellent Antivirus software

My overall experience has been positive, I have no issues with this product and I use it for all of my customer which is almost 100 at this time.

Pros

Simple interface, easy to use, no update necessary, streaming definition, easy to install, and takes seconds to deploy

Cons

I wish the firewall was more advance and has more customization, I believe they need to work on this.

Thank you for the honest feedback!

BH

Brian H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Looking to give this product the Web "boot"!

It has not been good. Webroot's support team does not provide consistent answers from one rep to the next, nobody seems to know what is going on at any given time. We had to explain the Intel adapter issue to our account rep (which we had to seek out and request multiple times to even get an account rep), and even then it seems like nobody can stay on the same page. How do you fix something in one release, for it to be broken again in the next one? How is that acceptable from a quality standpoint? It is absolutely absurd to us, and we are looking to move on. We do NOT recommend going with Webroot whatsoever.

Pros

It does act as a competent AV most of the time. Webroot does install rather easily, and does detect and mitigate threats. It's a no frills AV solution for us, and it usually does the job.

Cons

This product will occasionally break critical aspects of a workstation. Examples: We have seen the Identity Protection component break Chrome so that it will not always launch properly (multiple times). We have also experienced an issue where workstations with a specific Intel based network adapter will drop the connection... again, multiple times (fixed in one release, but then breaks again upon the next). There have been far too many of these incidents in the last few years for us to consider staying with Webroot. We have had it with this product making us look like idiots to our clients.

Please reach out to our support team during business hours (M-F 9am-5pm Mountain Time) for assistance: http://webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

CR

Carl R.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Webroot found the virus & kept my computer protected well !!

I used many computer security companies but Webroot overall gave me and my friends our monies worth in virus protection alone. Almost everyone I suggested Webroot to bought & installed it, they were quite impressed at how much better their computers & other devices ran so much smoother.

Pros

The first initial scan found a virus that another security software couldn't detect. I also like how I and my friends could use this software on multiple devices for free.

Cons

The price escalating about ten dollars or more per year subscription but still a great value. The password protection needs to be more user-friendly.

Appreciate your feedback about our need to make things more user friendly!

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Webroot, a powerful antivirus to keep your computer safe.

Currently I am administrator of a Webroot console in which I have the management of several organizations and it has been a good experience when you compare the behavior of the endpoint in different equipment, complies with that is due to find threats, generate reports and prepare exceptions. In the latter the exceptions merit a little time to get more out of it, it is not easy to elaborate them if you do not have knowledge of how Webroot works. The deployment of commands facilitates progress to perform some activities.

Pros

I have been working with Webroot for more than 2 years and has covered part of our needs. Your database is kept up to date for any threat, the management of the console is attractive and the documentation is very helpful. The control of policies is worth highlighting because if you have a large organization you can set parameters for different sectors and with different configurations that are very useful, even the notifications via email for the followers of the console serves as support.

Cons

Webroot has many nice things in its projection as antivirus, but has some things to adjust, for example the generation of report endpoints without updating after a certain time. In mobile devices I have had little experience but it has happened that the update must be done manually. I think they should improve it.

WM

William M.

Public Policy, self-employed

Webroot Delivers Protection

Webroot has great customer service, but like many companies these days, it not easy to "touch" anyone. Submitted emails are promptly answered and usually instructive - just don't expect to talk with someone.

Pros

In the four years I've been using Webroot, I have received seamless protection against malware, viruses and trojans with no effort other than the initial installation of the product. It works quietly in the background without any need to be noticed...except when there is a real threat or security issue - so when Webroot send a notification you know its time to pay attention and do what's needed to protect your system.

Cons

There have been times when Webroot has been overprotective - blocking a program or site that I know is safe - and it has not been easy or intuitive to configure the software to allow access. Configurable options tend to have very technical definitions. It's seldom easy to understand how, or what, to change during those instances.

Appreciate the descriptive feedback about the difficulties you had with whitelisting processes! thank you!

FV

Fabio V.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Leggero e potente

Ormai sono diversi anni che uso e rivendo questo antivirus senza riscontrare difetti o buchi di sicurezza.

Pros

Leggero perché anche su macchine non particolarmente brillanti funziona bene e non si nota la sua presenza in fatto di calo di prestazioni. Potente perché riduce al minimo i rischi di attacchi malware di tipo zero day.

Cons

manca un controllo automatico sulle periferiche che si collegano, come chiavette o hard disk esterni

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

ES

Evan S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Small, Easy to Deploy Cloud Endpoint Protection

we were able to stop a zero day trojan that came through almost immediately. That was impressive.

Pros

The web console is very easy to use, and allows you to control profiles and quarantine files or paths.

Cons

It has a few times marked good files as bad, and caused some software not to run or work correctly. These instances are few and far between

Thank you so much for writing this review! I'm glad to hear that Webroot's cloud-based protection was able to catch that 0-day Trojan! This is a huge benefit of the tech we used compared to our competitors - your protection is ALWAYS up to date! -Webroot community team

DH

Don H.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

WebRoot review

Pros

Worked quite well, quiet / behind the scenes. Not a lot of false positives and don't recall ever a case where it didn't catch malware.

Cons

WebRoot was deployed by our IT services provider and they set up all the controls / restrictions so unsure if limits were inherent in the system or imposed by our provider. Still, users had what they needed; i.e., it would scan in the background, take action as needed, and users could trigger a scan if they needed.

Glad to hear you're having a good experience using Webroot! Thanks for leaving us a review.

TG

Tammy G.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Cost effective Antivirus Software

Overall I like Webroot. I had a lot of problems with other antivirus software causing some programs not to function properly so I will continue using Webroot for now.

Pros

The software is easy to use and seems to do a thorough job of scanning all files. I haven't had any virus infections since installing the software. It's easy to navigate through the different functions and set up specific parameters.

Cons

There are some programs that Webroot blocks and will not let me access. This has caused me to have to access these programs on a laptop instead of the desktop it's installed on which is cumbersome. I think it's a firewall issue but I haven't found a work around yet.

Thanks so much for leaving a review for Webroot! Regarding the blocking of certain files/programs, this can be resolved by using the whitelist functionality within Webroot. If you need assistance using this feature, please see this link: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ManagingQuarantine/BlockingOrAllowingFiles.htm%3FTocPath%3DManaging%2520Quarantine%7C_____2

RR

Richard R.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

The best security

My overall experience has been great. I like the product so much that it is my go to for new PCs that come in.

Pros

Wenbroot is by far the best virus protection software out there. Webroot scans PCs very fast. This is the fastest scanner I have ever used and by far the cheapest.

Cons

There isn't anything that I do not like about Webroot. It really is the best virus protection software.

Thank you so much for the glowing review! I appreciate you taking the time to do this :)

Steven M.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Best of the best, but you pay for it

I continue to use the software at home and recommend to anyone out there to include Webroot in their list of vendors to evaluate. Do not let the technology get to you. Just because the software does something different than what you are used to, try it out before disregarding Webroot as a solution. We found Webroot easy to deploy with a light footprint which more than made up for the additional cost.

Pros

Webroot does an amazing job of removing and detecting threats to computers. We also found it very simple to install with a very light footprint on the computer. Users never complained about computer slow downs due to virus scans when we had Webroot deployed.

Cons

We faced two issues with Webroot. Their technology is impressive, but complicated. We never were able to really wrap our heads around how their technology worked compared to other antivirus / antispyware solutions, but it did work, and was quite successful at it. The other concern with Webroot was its price. It is the best software out there we have found for computer protection but it is among the most costly.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Lightweight antivirus solution should be part of your security stance

We needed a lighter-weight AV solution. The solution we switched from consumed a lot of RAM at times and we could not quite figure out why even with vendor support and KB articles. We coupled WebRoot with another AV and did so at reduced cost.

Pros

Low system resource utilization. Reliable client. Excellent Admin console. No management server to maintain.

Cons

It seems to duplicate registered machines randomly. We'd sort by machine name and find duplicates which count against your license quota. We'd have to disable the machine with the older file update version.

Hey there, Thanks so much for writing up this detailed review! We really appreciate you joining the Webroot team and I'm glad that you're having a good experience with it so far. Have you checked in with our support team regarding duplicated machines? I'm sure that we can help you find a fix for this. Please contact our support department at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Thanks! Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

Sean G.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

I am always protected.

The fact that it is always on and active in the background is appealing. I don't like other products that constantly remind you they are there with pop-ups. I am not sure if it has stopped any viruses or trouble but there is a comfort knowing it's always there and working.

Pros

Webroot runs in the background and updates automatically. There are no pop-ups or messages like you have with other products so even though it is always on and working you don't realize its going.

Cons

This is the preferred antivirus and protection software by my IT team but it is expensive. Not prohibitively, but expensive enough where there is a license fee that has to be paid to keep the software active. I wish you could buy they software outright.

Hey there Sean, Thanks so much for writing this positive review! The best antivirus solution is one that sits in the background, doesn't bother you, and keeps you protected - glad you're having that experience so far. If you ever need anything, please reach out to us at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Thanks! Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

LS

Lorraine S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Webroot Anywhere Computer Protection

I have been a customer for more than 6 years. I would not have a computer without Webroot installed.

Pros

It is easy to install and is always running in the background on my computer. I do a lot of research and it protects me from phishing sites.

Cons

I have not found anything wrong with this program. It is always running and tells me if the sites I visit are safe.

Glad to hear you're feeling safe online while using Webroot - thanks for the review!

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Keeps us safe!

It provides a safe environment for our online activities.

Pros

Webroot is always running in the background, and updating me when needed, about the status of our online security. It's an affordable and reliable product.

Cons

I haven't experienced any aspects that I would want to improve, so I would have to say that there is nothing to report here.

Thanks so much for the glowing review! Stay safe out there!

Robert L.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Great low noise AV

This has been a great product for the lower priced AV out there.

Pros

It's very non-intrusive on the desktops. It only lets you know it's working when it finds something. I like the low overhead vs some of the others out there.

Cons

It's not as full featured as others with AI detection. Not sure how zero-day detections are with this vs higher end products

PS

Paul S.

Machinery, 5,001-10,000 employees

Product is very good and is efficient. Does not slow most systems down.

Less admin overhead and less of a resource hog on the end points. It is a little harder to deploy, but since it is not 500GB, like some of the major players in the space, it works really well. Support has been good for helping us with some detections but the lack of fixed IP space for the clients to connect to is frustrating. And installing with the proxy setting is not always consistent.

Pros

The footprint is tiny. It is very fast and efficient. It does not slow down systems when it is working. Support is pretty good. I would say this is good software for a MSP or a smaller Org. We might find a replacement if they can't fix their problems.

Cons

It needs to talk to Amazon Cloud to check in with the portal. We don't allow access out to the internet without a proxy. WebRoot IP's are changing because they are on AWS. So we can't put IP based rules in our firewalls to allow access. And we are not going to allow all AWS IP's. I really wish WR would get a range of fixed IP's so the client can attach. When they can't attach, they get disconnected. They have a proxy option while installing, but it seems kind of intermittent. Works sometimes, and sometimes not.

BB

Brian B.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Best full-spectrum protection for the price!

Extremely fast, real-time updates and easy to use!

Pros

Provides user licenses for up to 3 or more systems. Cloud-based, instant updates, sync with smartphone app for Android or Apple.

Cons

Suggest a 30-day trial version of software for new users to compare with existing protection platform software.

Thank you so much for the detailed review! Glad you're finding our cloud-based threat management system to be effective for your needs! -Webroot Community Team

LC

Luis C.

Computer Software, self-employed

Webroot

Pros

Low CPU use, with high efficiency and simplicity

Cons

Everything works, but when the computer don't report, reinstall is the solution.

Thank you for leaving us some feedback - have you tried working with our support team to resolve your "non reporting" issue? They can be reached here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Retail, self-employed

A Solid System that I Often Recommend

Pros

WebRoot is my go-to Anti-Virus and Digital Security System. I have worked in technology retail for many many years and I found that WebRoot was one of the more rigorous and aggressive systems for blocking unwanted programs and keeping my information safe; but also one that had the best User Interface and was able to be communicated clearly to the uninitiated. When having to choose between selling WebRoot and other software, I would always recommend WebRoot.

Cons

I have very little negative feedback for WebRoot. It has kept my systems safe for many years and I continue to renew my account each year. I'm sure there may be features I'm not using optimally and not informed about such decisions, but I have been pleased with the product WebRoot has put out.

nb

nyeisa b.

Why i choose Webroot over other antiviruses

Webroot is a all around simple antivirus that keeps all your devices safe from harmful files and viruses. You can cover up to 5 devices under one membership

Pros

Webroot is fairly priced in my opinion and not only that but you are allowed to have up to 5 devices per each membership. So you could cover your cell phone, labtop, desktop PC and whatever devices under the same membership. It runs smooth and it hardly ever slows up your PC or device while it is running, sometimes it will a little bit when you are scanning with it, but not slow enough to complain about unlike other antiviruses.

Cons

There are certain options it has that I have been trying to figure out and has been time consuming for example It took me forever to figure out and set up the password manager it offers, but it is something I really needed in my life. It has system optimize and system analyzer with it but it should have more options such as defrag or uninstall apps etc etc.

Gary H.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Keeps computer secure

We've had no issues with Webroot to date, so it seems to be a pretty good security suite that runs unobtrusively.

Pros

We got this security software package when purchasing computers and support package from Best Buy/Geek Squad. The program runs in the background with minimal CPU usage and hasn't allowed any suspicious malware, viruses, etc. on the computers (as far as I can tell). It also has a web browser app that keeps you secure when browsing the internet on your phone.

Cons

There's not much reporting with this software. I like to see what it scanned, what it discovered, and actions taken, but in more detail.