Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Logo

Smarter Cybersecurity Services & Solutions

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Reviews - Page 3

Threat Intelligence

It ensures that data from millions of sources, including real-world endpoints and our embedded security partners. Select data points are correlated across URLs, IP addresses, files, and mobile apps to enable predictive determinations on where threats may emerge, based on a guilt-by-association model.

Pros

Very rarely requires an increased hardware profile Integrates directly with the partner's management console, policy engine, and reporting infrastructure.Scales across the partner's product lines, from solutions for SMBs to those for remote offices or roaming machines, to the data center Development efforts that can be leveraged across the same range of product lines.

Cons

From the time it was installed to the time it was up and running we hadn't had any major issues that would cause any type of concern.

Jing Z.

Higher Education, self-employed

I think the Webroot is a good deal!

I personally like it. It makes me feel more comfortable and relax when I shop around online.

Pros

1. It's pretty affordable! I usually buy it from Amazon each year. Each package can serve 3 computers. 2. It's very easy to install or renew. It takes you only less than 5 minutes to get it done. 3. You can schedule your scanning time for each day. 4. It offers identity protection.

Cons

The Webroot cannot detect all viruses, so you can still run the risk of being infected sometime.

Hey there Jing, Thank you so much for the glowing review of Webroot! I'm glad to hear you've found it easy to protect multiple computers with our SecureAnywhere solution. Please note that if you ever have difficulties, you can contact our support team here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Cheers! -Webroot Community Team

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Maybe the best antivirus solution for a MSP

Webroot SecureAnywhere its fits so well we our business, allowing us to secure all our costumer’s network with a minimal footprint agent installed on every endpoint. Is an easy deployment solution and even easier to manage, because it’s a cloud-based solution that allow us to monitor every costumer easily in a few minutes. And because it’s a cloud based solutions, we don’t need additional software or hardware installed to start to secure the network. Another AV solutions offer different kind of licenses according to what kind of device you want to secure, but with webroot one license work with workstation and servers the same.

Pros

The small footprint of the agent, because it help with an easy and faster deployment

Cons

Dosn't support Linux distribution and that is something that make you thing if is the right solution when you have many linux endpoints

SK

Sun K.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Adds a layer of protection to corporate computers.

This will add a layer of protection to your computers at work, however it does not protect you against everything and common practices such as not opening suspicious attachments should still be maintained.

Pros

The software is not very intrusive and just runs in the background. The admin can easily manage all the instances of the software running on other computers.

Cons

There are some false positive detections at times and adding exclusions to the system is can be a tedious task at times. Pricing for licenses can add up over time, especially as a company grows.

Thanks so much for the review! If you're ever having difficulty with false-positives, please contact our support team so that they can modify the threat detection appropriately. You can reach them here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

PL

Pierre Louis F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

One of the best antivirus on the market

You can scan and restart a device remotely.

Pros

You can monitor all the devices online via the Webroot dashboard.

Cons

If you have a lot of device on your network, the the deployment by using GPO can be a little bit difficult.

Thanks for leaving us a review! I'm glad you're enjoying the Webroot Dashboard monitoring capabilities.

RT

Rich T.

Telecommunications, self-employed

Excellent program at amazing price

The problem my customers want to resolve are false positives and a high impact on computer response. With Webroot, customers are no longer required to shut down their AV software to access internal website that do not have security certificates. Additionally, they arne't waiting 10 minutes for a computer to be ready at bootup while the software scans. This software scans in the background with no noticeable impact on performance.

Pros

I love the price of the software. It is easy for me to sell to my clients and easy to promise virtually no impact on their computers processing speed. For those system I have this installed, I have seen a dramatic reduction in malware.

Cons

It's hard to figure out what I like least about the software. I suppose it would be having to purchase password security.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great endpoint protection

It has been a great value for money and helped us keep our clients secured and satisfied. Helped us monitoring and managing devices.

Pros

Easy to install, manage and monitor. Really time protection and updated on cloud base. Threat intelligence working really good. Admin center easy to use. Can create group for each client.

Cons

Admin center sometimes keep computers been uninstalled. There is no report of devices been offline or not connected to database. If they can offer mobile devices protection

Thank you for the feedback and leaving a review!

JS

Janae S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Worst Customer Service I have ever encountered.

We have been in the Industry for a long time working successfully with 100's of vendors and I can't remember a time that I ever filed a bad review. I do not take this lightly. Our experience with Webroot has been one of the worst that I have ever experienced. Their customer service is absolutely terrible. You will get nothing but generic responses and reasons why they won't or can't help you. ...

Pros

I would not be able to list any pros at this time.

Cons

Cons are everything from customer service to a product that is subpar in the industry.

Hey there Janae, I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor experience. I'd love to help escalate your case within support if that's something you want to pursue. Please reach out via khumphrey@opentext.com - thank you!

DB

Daniel B.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Webroot Software

Have called in for support on numerous occasions & each & every tech has been able to solve my issues.

Pros

after an endpoint reports back to the console that there was a bad file blocked...it is very easy to send a command to that desktop to perform a scan on demand.

Cons

Functionality available in interface is not necessarily easy to understand. There are many options but a novice user of the product would not always know what they can do.

We appreciate the thoughtful feedback you've given us here! If you are running into issues with the interface, please feel free to reach out to our business support team to give some more specific feedback and perhaps work out a solution: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

AE

Adil E.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Stable and solid security

Pros

Never let you down in terms of security. It is an app that deserves its money, if you don't feel safe surfing the internet, you should definitely use it.

Cons

I had an excellent experience, but your internet may slow down for security reasons, remember that.

JH

John H.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

One of the absolute BEST security vendors to work with.

Efficacy, ease of use (It's set and forget), web threat blocking is second to none. Centrally managed through a console and no definitions to download on the system making it the lightest in the world.

Pros

The product is the lightest in the industry and all management is done through a centralized web console. Efficacy is one of the highest in the industry as well. The Web Threat Shield and Webroot's cloud intelligence is very good at keeping you away from nasty internet sites that contain malware payloads.

Cons

They just need to integrate all of their product portfolio into the Global Site Manger console. Other than that, it's a perfect fit for MSP's and home users alike

BM

Beth M.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Works in the background and doesn't screw up our system

Lack of malware.

Pros

Webroot runs on our business platform and works and plays well with others. In the past we've had anti-malware software that conflicted with other virus protections and brought things crashing to a halt. Webroot runs in the background and does it's thing without bothering anyone.

Cons

I understand it can't do anything once the computer has already been attacked and gained certain types of access. That said, we are using this as part of a suite of products to keep our data secure and safe. It's not as cheap as some others, but it is designed for the business environment.

CM

Courtney M.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Security

I love webroot. It gets the job done and isn't invasive like some softwares.

Pros

Webroot is great for protecting devices and programs. It can detect viruses even from trustworthy software. .

Cons

Like most antiviruses, it focuses more on attacking the virus once you get it than preventing it besides telling of potential risk.

Hey there Courtney, Thank you for writing up this review! Here at Webroot, we try our best to maintain an antivirus that is non-intrusive and completely protective - Glad you're having that experience! If you ever need anything, please reach out at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Thanks! Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

RB

Robert B.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Webroot helps ease the mind about endpoint security. Great software.

Pros

Webroot is very easy to install and manage. Virus signatures are updated in real time automatically through their cloud based signature platform. Very good software and great value.

Cons

There really are no cons to Webroot. Easy for users and administrators. We have also never had any issues, so thank you Webroot.

TK

Tahseen K.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Nice and Trustworthy Security Program

I would recommend using Webroot to anyone, especially new computer users with less knowledge of security.

Pros

Webroot has been around for a while and is trusted by many. I have used it since it often comes free with new computers, and I have never had any issues with viruses or malware.

Cons

The interfaces is a little outdated, but, as I always say, if it ain't broke - don't fix it! Online web-browsing protection could be expanded.

Appreciate the constructive feedback about our UI. We're actually in the midst of a total UI overhaul which will release in the near future - keep an eye out for that!

OK

Olena K.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Security Solution

Pros

Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection was installed on my laptop in the BestBuy store when they repaired my laptop about 7-8 months ago. Since then, I haven't had any issues pertaining to my computer's security.

Cons

I have used it for less than a year. I haven't seen any issues so far.

I'm glad that the switch to Webroot has left you feeling safe while online! Welcome to the team!

DP

Demarco P.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Webroot - Fast Consistent Virus Protection

It allowed for quick PC diagnostics prior to the expiration date on the software.

Pros

The software conducts regular scans on your PC to ensure everything is in working order. This is extended past viruses to include spyware and malicious software and Ad's. For those who need an automatic scan done occasionally, this software is recommended.

Cons

After the purchase period, the software needs to uninstalled or renewed. However, the software cannot be uninstalled from your PC if needed. If this happens to be the case, keep it disabled while your new scanning software is active.

Hey there, Thanks for your review of our Endpoint Protection product! I would love some more specific feedback regarding what was mentioned in the "cons" section. I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding what your concern here is. Did you have trouble renewing or uninstalling? Happy to help in any way I can! Would you mind sending an e-mail to khumphrey@webroot.com with some more specifics?

Adam C.

Simple and effective monitoring tool

Pros

I like that the deployment of the software is smooth and innocuous. It's easy to install and setup on a network.

Cons

If you run apps that are custom built this app can either block those from working all together or bring your system to a grinding halt. Having to go through the process to white list an app can be daunting. It's possible and support responds, but it's usually to request log files and then they request a reinstall. This is followed by alot of back and forth until it's escalated and they find the root cause of the issue.

TJ

Trina J.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection

It works very well, never stops protecting your device and is easy to install if you follow the directions specifically.

Pros

I buy this product every year for my computers. It works well with all of our computers and you have the option to use it on cell phones and tablets as well. You have a lot of options with this software, the standard ones of setting times and dates to run scans for viruses and you can localize files to scan a specific area if needed.

Cons

The re-subscription price is double the initial price

RC

Racey C.

Easy deployment, minimal footprint, and excellent protection

Pros

Webroot is literally "fire and forget". I deployed Webroot to more than 100 endpoints by myself. The process was quick and easy, and now I do two things: enjoy not dealing with infected machines and renew my subscription each year. I do layer this with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but since I deployed Webroot in my environment I have a not had a single infected endpoint in the more than three years we've had the solution in place. As in zero. As in nada, zip, zilch.

BG

Bianca G.

It gets the job done

Pros

It is easy to deploy and the management interface is easy to manage, if you are managing your customers solution, you can easily separate them and their licenses from each other.

Cons

It gets the jog done, i do not like that you cannot disable the AV from the machine, you have to use the console. This makes sense but can be incontinent at times.

Hello Bianca, Logging into the console can be done from the endpoints themselves as well, if you are looking to manage it from each individual machine. Lara - Webroot Community Team

DA

Daniel A.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Webroot has a fresh new way of looking at anti virus.

This product is every easy to deploy, administer and maintain.

Pros

Webroot is a very effective and fast reacting anti virus program that is light on resources and a breeze to install, configure and maintain.

Cons

Hi Daniel, Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection. We pride ourselves on making it as easy as possible to setup, deploy, and install. Glad that you feel the same way we do! Thanks again for the review and if there's something that you think we can do to improve, please let us know.

BS

Brad S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Webroot is an amazing product!

Pros

This thing works great and is extremely easy to use. It really helps us to mitigate security threats.

Cons

VERY rarely, this software has missed a potential threat. But I need to emphasize this has been VERY rare.

RK

Ronald K.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Webroot

My overall experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection has been a very positive one

Pros

What I like most about Webroot is that I can rest assure knowing that my computers as well as my documents are safe.

Cons

What i like least about Webroot is that there really is nothing that I really don't like about this software

I'm glad that Webroot is helping you feel safe while you're online! We will continue giving you the service you've come to know and love. Thanks so much for the review, Ronald!

Clifford L. M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Webroot is not For me

Everything is not for everyone. This software is just not for me and my company.

Pros

I can't really say anything positive about this software. Like my mother said if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all.

Cons

The software seems it is more of a hindrance than anything else. Our systems was still susceptible to viruses.

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulty using Webroot or didn't find it up to your standards! I'd love to get some more specific feedback from you regarding how it was a "hindrance" or kept you open to viruses/malware. Please feel free to send an email to khumphrey@webroot.com so that I can help you in any way possible!