Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Logo

Smarter Cybersecurity Services & Solutions

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Reviews - Page 4

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Lightweight, feature packed endpoint protection

We moved from a different vendor to Webroot SecureAnywhere. The other solution was much more CPU intensive (in a virtualized enviroment this was noticable). Even with little tweaking, the performance of Webroot was at least similar, while the footprint is much smaller.

Pros

The software is easy to configure using a web interface. The software on the client takes up little resources. Compared to other vendors that need multiple servers to manage endpoints and do scanning offloading, this is much easier to operate - and the price is very friendly.

Cons

We had some issues with add-ons that got installed in browsers, which we do not want. We have other security solutions in place to scan internet traffic. We are working with Support to get these uninstalled, but it takes more time than we expected.

KG

Kimberly G.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Webroot Review

Overall Webroot offers great protection at a low monthly price.

Pros

What I like about the Webroot software is it provides good protection at a low price. The software doesn't slow down my customer either.

Cons

I wish they would offer more features like VPN and identity protection. The cost is low because some features are not available.

We really appreciate the useful feedback you've left for us - thanks so much!

SS

Surinder S.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Mixed Review

Overall, because of the system/apps/Chrome crashes, my overall experience with this was not good and unfortunately I had to uninstall it.

Pros

Webroot SecureAnywhere is a lightweight antivirus and anti-malware tool. Users are able to choose between full system scan, deep scan and quick scans.

Cons

I am not sure if any other user experienced this or not but my computer started to behave unresponsive recently because of this as Webroot was occupying more than 60% of the CPU. When this happens it always crashed my Chrome Browser with 'Page Unresponsive' error message and then my other apps stops working because of the No Internet. Not sure, how this is all related. Troubleshooted this my IT team and after uninstalling Webroot, things came back to normal. We are still learning about this

Regarding the CPU usage issues you've been having, I recommend you reach out to the Webroot support team! You can find their contact info here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

HM

Howard M.

Research, 11-50 employees

Antivirus security at an affordable price!

Scored from perfect to very good in our tests. Can recover files encrypted by ransomware. Uses tiny amount of disk space. Very fast scan. Handles unknown malware. Includes firewall.

Pros

One of the best antivirus that i have tried. It has a affordable price and cover multiple platforms, the price depends on the quantity of devices you want to protect. It protect yourself from identity theft and no time-consuming updates or slow scans.

Cons

Product does not provide for a bootable rescue CD. Sometimes you got errors of compatibility when you start the machines (Mac) but after open the software and check it will disappear.

AB

Andrea B.

Good Virus Protection Software

Pros

I like that this software was easy to install. It schedules your scans and runs in the background. You don't have any nagging popups telling you to run scans.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about this software is that sometimes when it blocks something that is trying to download on your computer, it asks you if you want to allow it or block it. I click block it and the window will still pop up a couple of times.

KH

Kathy H.

Used other for 2+ years

Not very good.

Pros

This software came on one of my laptops. I chose not to install any other virus software, and picked up several viruses.

Cons

When I called for help, I was given the option of paying for a 'cleaning' (not sure those are the correct words) of my PC. Didn't seem fair since their software was supposed to keep the viruses away.

Hello Kathy, We do not charge for a "cleaning", in fact, that is generally the prompt of someone representing a scam organization. I highly encourage you to reach out to our actual number listed here: 1-866-254-8400. Furthermore, it is very likely that Webroot did succeed in protecting your computer, however you probably received a pop-up telling you to call their scam number. This is a common occurrence for all tech companies, and you can read more about this here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Understanding-Tech-Support-Scams/ta-p/319696. Lara - Webroot Community Team

cj

cory j.

very get what you pay for concept, cheap solution

Pros

very easy to set up and set schedules. the installation process was quick and works well on older machines. very cheap option but you will have to constantly maintain false positive issues

Cons

constantly giving false positives ( as stated in pros) even after adding them to an ignore list. Uses way too many resources on Windows 10 machines ( maybe a win 10 issue?), don't seem to have this issue on older machines (win 7) however.

Hello Cory, It is not normal to be receiving false positive issues as you are describing, I highly recommend reaching out to our support team so we can make sure that everything is set up correctly, and perhaps even go over best practices in regards to site/policies management. We can be reached at 1-866-254-8400. Lara - Webroot Community Team

AS

Andrea S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Computer better protected for reasonable price

My computer is safe from hackers and viruses. I haven't had any issues since installing in on 10+ computers.

Pros

This program uses program uses different method/logic than other anti-virus software and so seems to catch more potential problems. It also is the FIRST I've ever had which doesn't seem to cripple the speed of my system - I notice no slowdown at all.

Cons

I'm not sure which setting does this and so I can't seem to undo it (other may like this): the recent files list for Office programs disappears every day, so it's harder to find files I've just worked on.

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Solid anti-virus platform

We use webroot as an MSP.

Pros

This is an updated review. Previous i was very happy with Webroot, as it had very good detection rate, was very fast, reliable and easy to use.

Cons

What has changed: 1. no 2FA. 2. they removed the command line function which was very useful, and i can see why they did it, but never the less, it is gone. 3. Other functionality is also suffering.

AL

Alex L.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Excellent virus protection on desktops, servers and laptops and fast and immediate alerts.

Excellent virus protection on all computers and servers and immediate help from knowledgeable support

Pros

How quickly it detects and quarantines a potential threat, and how easy it is to deploy to endpoints and manage from the web console.

Cons

It can sometimes be a little too good on detecting potential threats and falsely detects some thing which can temporarily mess up programs, but it's better to be over protective, than under protective.

NW

Nathan W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Easy to use and setup

Pros

Quick setup, runs well in the background

Cons

more reports/alerts on clean scans, what was scanned

Thanks for the feedback!

Anthony R.

Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees

Just a consumer grade product disguised as a business one

Pros

The software is simple to install, manage and uninstall for a central management system. It is lightweight and does not use a lot of resources.

Cons

I found the software frustrating to use and the level of granular control was missing compared to other business products. To me it seemed very much like they had taken the consumer version and just made it centrally managed to call it "Business".

Please reach out to our support team during business hours (M-F 9am-5pm Mountain Time) for assistance: http://webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

51-200 employees

Great managed antivirus product

Pros

It integrates well with our chosen RMM platform through integration plugins and auto-deployment across our networks could not have been any easier.

Cons

The software does exhibit high CPU usage if it happens to hit a missed scan around the time an employee starts his or her computer.

Thanks so much for your feedback! Our support team would be happy to work with you on your concerns around the scans when employees start their computers. Please contact them https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact and they will be happy to help. Sincerely, The Webroot Online Support Team

AA

Anthony A.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Webroot Endpoint Protection

Pros

Ease of Use!. By far the easiest endpoint solution for our needs! Setup was a breeze to roll out to our endusers! everyone was able to remotely install client by the click of a link and that is awesome!

Cons

Additional notifications from the console would be nice! not sure if i dont have this configured properly or if its a con at all!

Glad to hear the endpoint product has been meeting your expectations! If you ever run into any difficulties, please reach out to our business support team: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

PH

Peggy H.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Must have for your business!

Having a reliable security system is critical in any business environment.

Pros

I like that it is keeping my systems secure and detecting any problems. It is affordable and easy to use.

Cons

I don't really think that there is anything I don't like. The user interface is very easy to use and setup and renewal is easy as well.

Thank you so much for the review! Appreciate you taking the time to write this!

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Great Tool

We signed up with Webroot through Atera and were pleasantly surprised at the ease of use and security of Webroot.

Pros

Webroot was easy to use and deployed easily across all our clients. We only had to open a single support ticket and it was resolved quickly by Webroot support. Highly recommended for MSPs looking to protect their clients.

Cons

Advanced deployment methods are available but we found that there was some incompatibility with InTune automated deployment. We never quite got it to work but manual installation takes just a few minutes.

GB

Gareth B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Smooth software

Business grade protection, cloud control

Pros

I most like the simple and common interface, works on PC & Mac, with a single control panel, cloud hosted means escalation events are available to follow the helpdesk.

Cons

Previously we used a used another product, and both the user interface and server control were adequate, but pale in comparison - should have moved to Webroot sooner!

WH

Wayne H.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Very lightweight footprint. Heavyweight when it comes to combating malware.

Pros

Does not hit performance on endpoints as much as other endpoint protection solutions. Much less bloated of a program than any other. Management from the admin console is fantastic once you learn where everything is.

Cons

The only con is when webroot is bundled with another solution E.g. Continuum, webroot is a bit more limited in it's abilities.

TD

Terry D.

Easy to use, super light program!

I don't have to sit there and manage much any more it takes care of itself.

Pros

The fasts cans, I have Norton as well, and Webroot kills norton on speed, and also program size crushes norton!

Cons

uhhhhh, can't think of one. Maybe a better way to roll it out on a mass scale? Oh I have run into an issue using images, and webroot got confused on what machine was what. They need to fix that.

MS

Mark S.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Up to Date Real Time Protection.

We use this on a number of our customers in conjunction with McAfee or Windows Defender for a layered approach to Malware protection.

Pros

Installs quickly. Small Footprint. No virus definiton updates. Portal that we can see all of our customers in one place.

Cons

No real Cons with this software. I guess if I had to say one thing it would be that it is an ongoing subscription.

PM

Phyllis M.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Webroot Secure Anywhere

This software was referred to me by my son. My overall experience with it has been very positive. I really have no issues and would recommend it.

Pros

I like how I can schedule a time for it to scan when I'm not using my computer

Cons

I have trouble finding where I can find the virus that it found and removed. I wish it was a little more user friendly.

KM

Kyler M.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Silent End User Protection

Pros

You won't even know that Webroot is running it is that great. The software doesn't bog down your system like other virus and malware protection software.

Cons

Sometimes new updates to Webroot can cause common applications to stop working because of false positives and only Webroot can update their registries.

MV

Matthew V.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Good, non-intrusive internet security

Very good anti-virus and internet security for the price.

Pros

This software doesn't eat up too much power and does a good job of being non-intrusive.

Cons

On the android mobile version, it leaves an annoying you're protected notification on at all times.

Thanks for leaving us a review! Webroot does indeed use very little CPU power - glad you're finding that to be the case! Please send our support team any specific feedback you have regarding the mobile version: http://webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Good Endpoint Protection But Not Good Enough

Pros

Webroot has a lightweight agent, it's easy to deploy, manager and administrate. Good enough to protect against off the shelf malware.

Cons

A signature-based product which is not good enough to protect against sophisticated and advanced malware.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Robust and Lightweight

Webroot was used to provide protection to approximately 200-300 end users. It was easy to install and very lightweight when running full scans. We would rarely have to interact with the software on the end user's side since it was managed through the web console. Very easy to setup and deploy which saved countless hours compared to other AV solutions.

Pros

The maintenance of end users in a corporate setting was a breeze. The management site made it easy to add and remove licenses should a PC need to be re-imaged for any reason.

Cons

Occasionally it would remember devices that were recently removed and would take a couple hours to re-register correctly. Other than that, I found no issues.