Samsara Logo

All-in-one fleet operations management platform

Samsara Reviews - Page 3

AT

Albert T.

Samsara is easy to use.

My overall experience with Samsara is good. I think it's worth its value with all of the applications and its ease of use. Not overcomplicated.

Pros

I enjoy using the App. I can monitor my feet from anywhere with Wi-Fi.

Cons

I wish there was a way to assign drivers using the Mobil App.

DZ

Daniel Z.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Samsara Review

Samsara has been a great service so far. I find much more value with this service than past providers. I also expect that we may begin using some of the additional features when we get time to work with them.

Pros

Samsara is very user friendly, it seems to have endless features you can use. We like the cameras they offer and have them on all of our route service based vehicles to be able to confirm missed trash collections or confirm issues with why carts may have not been collected.

Cons

Pulling the camera footage can occasionally be difficult just because the points on the map do not always align perfectly with the footage. This is a simple problem to fix, I just expand the amount of footage I pull.

JH

John H.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

The best user friendly system!

Best on the market and we have tried many of the others.

Pros

What's not to like, it's easy to purchase, easy to install, easy to use. People will say the same about others but we've tried others and Samsara has been the best with the equipment, customer service help, product has been working great for the past 7 years.

Cons

The only thing I can say that it is always 30 seconds behind on the GPS.

LG

LILIANA G.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Software constantly has issues

The software constantly has glitches. Some glitches were not so important to me but, others made Samsara more of liability. Also, it was always a challenge to get help when system had issues. The response I received 95% of the time was... Our engineers are working to get this resolved and months would go by before the problem was solved. Not to mention I was locked into a contract for 3 yrs.

Pros

It is cloud based, has real time location of truck with map and has a driver app.

Cons

Software is faulty. Most recent issue gateway is supposed to automatically record driving time but, it's recording driving AFTER driver is going off duty and truck is parked.. causing HOS violations on log.. tried editing but, because the edit is from DRIVING (incorrectly recorded) to OFF DUTY it indicates there is still an ELD violation. Reached out to Samsara they said it will be about 2 months before this can be fixed. I've decided not to renew my contract.

Hi Liliana, We're really sorry to hear this has been your experience and apologize for the frustration this may have caused you. We'd like to work together to make sure we resolve all of the issues you've been experiencing - please reach back out to our Support team at 415-329-6900 and we'll get this sorted ASAP.

AV

Andy V.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Worst experience customer service not helping anything

If you need better tacking or ELD look for somewhere else. If you sign up with Samsara they get you for 3 years and can't even get away unless pay full for three years.

Pros

Looks good that's all noting else is good

Cons

there ELS picks up violations in elog and no one able to remove the violation. Customer with just time waste zero help from then they just can say put note its in error but how driver can driver with violation on elog. We wish we have moved out from them log time ago.

Hi Andy, thanks for your note. Samsara works closely with the FMCSA to ensure your fleet maintains compliance, and in response to a clarification from the FMCSA, admins are no longer able to edit automatically recorded drive time. You can learn more about this change here: https://kb.samsara.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052736671-Managing-Automatically-Recorded-Drive-Time. If we can provide any additional assistance, please give our team a call at 415-329-6900.

DF

Daniel F.

GPS Superiority

It has been a great tool and one we use everyday and every hour. Camera features are amazing!

Pros

Easy to use and the accurate GPS makes giving our client exact ETA's when they request EXACT ETA's. The camera features are amazing

Cons

Customer Service needs to improve. When the customer has a problem we need to feel like we are being heard and that we are important, because our customers depend on us and we depend on GPS for every part of our business.

GP

Grace P.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Samsara

Pros

Ease of use, good quality of cameras, customer service is on point.

Cons

Everything needs to be able to export in Excel, not just CSV

LM

LeRoy M.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Very satisfied Customer

We have been very happy with Customer service. The Cameras are very clear with good night vision as well.

Pros

Samsara has been an eye opener for us, not just in Compliance, but in aspects of safety as well. It has a built in accountability for each driver, and allows the Safety Director to access driving behavior as well. Speed, harsh braking and AI technology at stop signs has become a positive peer pressure for the drivers, at the same time reducing operating and maintenance costs per vehicle.

Cons

We are very happy with the software. It is meeting our expectations

AO

Alex O.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

AVOID. Truly the worst customer service, across any industry we've ever experienced

AVOID. WORST customer service by any company we have ever experienced. Our big struggle right now is Samsara is integrated into our whole fleet and changing a provider, especially if we have to speak with someone at Samsara, is a huge undertaking. If I knew what I know now, I would have never moved forward with this horrible company. They are well below Comcast and Verizon level incompetence. Samsara makes the RMV feel like Disneyland.

Pros

The GPS and fleet tracking is great and have no complaints.

Cons

AVOID. Samsara is truly the worst customer service business we have ever dealt with. We have literally never been helped on an ongoing billing issue that we've experienced for years. I have created support tickets, had days of back and for email communication, at least 25 phone calls with multitudes of people and have never made 1 step of progress. I have even gone as far (as bad as I felt) making formal complaints about the last FOUR people who have "helped" me hoping this would cause an elevation to get this resolved and astonishingly nothing happened. Not even an email or phone call back.

SS

Samantha S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Samsara K&M Tire Review

Pros

Ease of Dashboard use and navigation Samsara's University and Training videos The Multitude of Reporting available In-Cab Alerts and ease of video footage pulling Alerts for users

Cons

Support Response Times - some times it takes a while to get an answer and then it's just a link to the Samsara help site, that I told support I had already checked. GPS/Speeds - GPS still pulls wrong roadways or shows the driver in a field. The speeds are still a manual update, stating the speed is 25mph when it's actually 55mph or 60mph.

AA

Alan A.

Best in class

This is the third tracking, dispatch, system i have worked with and by far the best. We absolutely love the video that is available on demand if we have an issue.

Pros

Ease of use, and mobile functionality. I can be anywhere and view current location and share location all from my phone.

Cons

There can be the odd bug in the system where it throws out check code for trucks when there is actually nothing wrong.

SH

Scott H.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Expectations Continue To Be Exceededed

From the very start, it was obvious, that this was not just another GPS service. From the first class customer support, to the information, and ease of use. Implementation is so easy, therefore cutting down on time a tech spends on installation.

Pros

Where to start. Daily monitoring and ease of editing drivers logbooks. Sharing location (live) with techs and repair services, of down units. Allowing techs and others users creative limits on access to information. Reports, reports, reports. There are so many reports made available, and easy to understand. Customer support! Best customer support staff you can wish for.

Cons

It isn't on every machine we have in the fleet!

JB

Jason B.

Chemicals, 501-1,000 employees

Safety is key to success

Very happy. Besides the things mentioned above the system works great.

Pros

The ability to live monitor vehicles in route and review previous days driving habits.

Cons

the AI system incorrectly flags alerts that are not accurate. ie. Harsh Break, yet the truck never once decreased in speed. *or Crash Alert, yet the vehicle is parked on the side of the street and the camera doesn't pick up any vehicles around and no damage witnessed. *or Speeding - Vehicle is on a 60 mph posted highway yet the system says they are on a 35 mph side street and incorrectly flag the truck as speeding, deducting points from our team. *or When we dismiss these events or try to inform the AI system that it is wrong their is no proper indication that the points have been corrected and if our driver score been updated correctly.

EJ

Elmo J.

Samsara vs Teletrac

Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Pros

Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Cons

would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

PB

Peggy B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

IF YOU HAVEN'T SWITCHED TO SAMSARA, YOU SHOULD!

Pros

It is such an easy system to use and what's even better is how easy it is to teach drivers how to use! Makes orientation much simpler. The customer support is always top notch!

Cons

When trying pull data for reports sometimes selecting exactly what you want is not as easy as it should be, i.e. date ranges, grouping.

Wesley G.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Top-notch tools

My overall experience with samsara is outstanding.

Pros

Samsara allows me to accurately track and monitor my fleet of vehicles. Safety inspections allow tracking of vehicle service and maintenance. Also, the app allows drivers to login lunch breaks. This app has everything you need to monitor drivers and vehicles.

Cons

What I like least about samsara is the price of the service.

Ajneel R.

SAMSARA ELD, DASH CAM AND TRUCK TRACKING

I HAD SMALL ISSUES WITH DEVICE GOING OUT, IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BY SAMSARA TEAM BY THEM SENDING ME ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS. I HAD ISSUES WITH THE WIRE THAT BROKE AND THEY REPLACED THE WIRE IN 2 DAY'S FREE OF CHARGE. WHENEVER I CALL THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHICH I LIKE. PHONE CALLS WORKS AND EMAILS WORK ALSO. THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE. OUR TRUCK WAS SIDE SWIPPED WITH A CAR AND THE CAR CALLED CHP TELLING THEM IT WAS OUR TRUCK WHO HIT IT. LUCKILY DASH CAM WAS THEIR AND BEING A WEEKEND I CAN REMOTE ACCESS IT FROM HOME AND SHOWED CHP WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY LET OUR TRUCK GO AND GAVE OTHER PEOPLE TICKET AND TOWED THEIR CAR.

Pros

EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SAYS IT WILL WORK.

Cons

SO FAR WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT THERE IS NO ISSUES

HT

Hope T.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Excellent Service

Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Pros

Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Cons

A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

GN

Gary N.

Research, 11-50 employees

You WILL loose video

Not very good. They said this is a stated limitation.

Pros

You will loose the first minute of almost all motion, the camera doesn't turn on when driving below 5MPH this means for the first 45 seconds or so, you will get no video, this is more than often in my experience have found when drivers will hit a wall or another car. I have missed 5 accidents so far. I subscribed to 3 years with my whole fleet, after on year, I am chalking this up as a loss. :(

Cons

Doesnt record when the vehicle is powered on. You WILL loose important info. I never see when they leave a location, it doesn't kick on until they have hit the road. This means when they first pull of from ANYWHERE, you will loose all video

AC

Anton C.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Very Happy with Samsaras product.

Very positive. We have installed Samsara in all of our equipment, fleet vehicles, and over the road trucking assets.

Pros

Video AI, ease of use of Samsara dashboard, reports, and instant notifications.

Cons

System continues to read as running if asset goes into a cell dead zone and racks up inacurate engine hours. Causes John Deere equipment to go into De-Rate when connected to equipment ECM.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Full Fleet Management

Positive, continuously improving, and clearly a leader in the fleet management/dash cam software industry. They have all the features and then some.

Pros

Ease of installation was very important. This is a plug and play, while other options must be wired in by installers at a cost. The interface, features, and overall usability are much better than the two other companies I have used.

Cons

Usual high pressure sales to start the process, but the negotiation and closing process was very smooth. Some reports and insights are slow to update but overall seems to be very accurate.

MG

MANJIT G.

customer service

its been over 2 years , so far we are very happy with the service and functionality of the product.

Pros

Samasara has a great reputation in the trucking industry. we are using GPS tracking and we are very satisfied with the service.

Cons

we are using trailer tracking system from last 2+ years. we are very satisfied due to: system is very easy to use, great customer service , price is very reasonable, knowledgeable & very helpful staff.

Am

Armand m.

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

Samsara is the best bang for your buck,with the latest technology, no other company compares.

We are very pleased to have real time information for our fleet and tagged assets.

Pros

I love the A.I. technology, it notifies are office if a driver is distracted or playing on his phone. Safety is our priority and Samsara helps us tremendously.

Cons

I liked the Ag46 tags the least due to disconnecting and going offline, besides that the new Ag51 tags work great.

DH

Darren H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Safety is the goal

Starting with the first rep that we talked to our overall experience has been fantastic. Everybody says yes we get no no’s

Pros

The safety section is by far the best and what I use all the time

Cons

No problem, don’t have any real problems. Customer service can solve whatever I need.

CS

Caira S.

Samsara Review

works fine

Pros

Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Cons

takes too much to get equipment replaced