Samsara Logo

All-in-one fleet operations management platform

Samsara Reviews - Page 4

HL

Hillary L.

Complete package for GPS and DOT compliance

It's really nice that Samsara GPS pings frequently. This means you can watch vehicles moving in real time, which is great for updating VIP clients. The DOT compliance portion completes the GPS services.

Pros

It's great having GPS, driver logs and vehicle inspections in one place. Our team uses GPS daily to keep on top of trips in progress for our chauffeur service. We do have vehicles that are under FMCSA jurisdiction, so we need to keep detailed driver logs and vehicle maintenance files, which are all done through Samsara as well, making things easier.

Cons

Unlike our last GPS service, you're not able to drop a pin to get a time when a vehicle was at a certain location. This is a bit of a nuisance and you have to guess.

CB

Cherish B.

A real deal system.

It's been good. Any type of technology is going to have some issues here and there, so not really anything that is unexpected.

Pros

It allows us real time tracking, communication to drivers, route info easy to send... Most of the features are useful here.

Cons

I could only pull tidbits of a driver's previous trip history which is a bummer, and as mentioned earlier in review, the system if unplugged loses tracking location in which, the reason we made the switch is because we were told that it would continue to track.

MS

Mihail S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Samsara User

Customer service it's very poor. I takes forever to fix simple problem. In case if app quit working or something went wrong and driver gets an violation because of the app customer service refuse to fix or remove that violation. Be careful with contract. They hook customers on service agreement ,in case if you cancel before term they will ask for return the device back plus pay the rest of the term left.

Pros

Manager dashboard it's really good developed, and easy to use. GPS its accurate and camera works great and fast.

Cons

Driver app its hard to use and it's slow. Hard time to edit logs. Crossing border glitches. Doesn't give warning to driver in case if driver forget to do DVIR.

WB

William B.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Samsara in the EMS setting

My overall experience with Samsara has been very positive. Starting with the sales rep [sensitive content hidden] W, he was very professional, knowledgeable about the product and very eager to assist with any questions we had. The product delivery was very fast and was well packaged. Installation of the product was very easy and with [sensitive content hidden] help was done within a few hours. Setup of the system was very simple and the tutorial videos made it easy to navigate the dashboard. All that said I don't know why every Company doesn't utilize this system.

Pros

Samsara is user friendly and takes much of the guess work out of locating our Ambulances. Whether using on mobile device or on a computer Samsara has become a vital part of our everyday operations. We use Samsara for Maintenance tracking/documentation, real time tracking of assets along with monitoring of safety concerns.

Cons

I personally have not found anything with this system that I like less than any other feature.

JS

Jamie S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Game Changing

Game Changing. Time Saving.

Pros

Throughout the evolution of the product in our 18 months of use, the additional features have made navigation and reporting more simple for the user and administrator. Tracking hours of service and keeping 135 drivers compliant has changed from reviewing individual logs for accuracy to scanning for violations. Knowing how many hours a driver has available tomorrow at a glance makes an immediate impact on our logistics experts ability to assign work. It's not just drivers and compliance that benefit, our logistics team, dispatchers, compliance team and the clients in the vehicles all WIN.

Cons

Inability to prevent a driver that has logged out from being put back on duty. If a member of the fleet team moves a vehicle without logging in to that vehicle, the software places the unassigned movement on the log of the last person that was signed in.

DH

Danielle H.

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

Cameras and Complaince

Pros

User friendly, customer service is great, few kinks

Cons

The lack of answers we get on some problems. Maintenance.

RB

Ryan B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Great product at first, but falls down after a few months

They are great to work with until you have issues. Once you have issues they ghost you and are impossible to contact. I would look at other ELD solutions and avoid this company and its software.

Pros

Seemed easy to use and during the trial period the sales support was very active and helpful. once we were past the trial period, support disappeared and functionality starting failing. Many bugs that cause inaccurate locations and routing. Dispatch functionality does not work or improve over time as promised. The hardware in the cab has already started to fail in less than 12 months. Document capture frequently fails without notice to the user.

Cons

Lack of user roles for dispatch. No ticketing module. Uses inferior wireless network so conectivity is spotty.

AV

Alan V.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Best asset tracking so far

An everyday work tool. Hard to imagine work without it.

Pros

Speed and accuracy when it comes to asset tracking.

Cons

GPS part of the mobile app has some room for improvement.

Stellar Experience with Samsara Fleet Management

In summary, Samsara has significantly enhanced our fleet's efficiency, safety, and overall performance. I highly recommend Samsara to any organization seeking a top-notch fleet management solution.

Pros

The reliability of Samsara's hardware and software is commendable. We've experienced minimal downtime, and the system's scalability aligns perfectly with our growing needs.

Cons

Not receiving email notifications and alerts

DG

Dawn G.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Auto renewal contracts that are never signed.

The account manager is really only a sales rep that wants new units to be added. They can't do anything about helping with getting the auto-renewals stopped, which I never knew anything about. Billing doesn't show the serial numbers you have - so when we lost one - (A truck was turned into the leasing company and sold before we could get our Samsara out) 3 years ago, they won't let me get out of the contract. They are in it for the $$ not the long-term cust service and they outsource when you make phone calls to them and get disconnected.

Pros

Clear Videos, ease of installation, and nothing else

Cons

Customer service, Contracts have automatic renewals unless a 30-day written notice is sent and there is no notice of the renewal coming up.

AG

Ashley G.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Love it!

Love that we made the switch and even my supervisor is starting to love it more and more everyday.

Pros

I love how much this program offers; it has helped us majorly weed out the not so loyal employees. The ELD portion is simple and easy to use and I don't have to fight the guys to use it for their logs. They just want to use it. I love the camera system as it has helped us out with false reports on reckless driving and gives us a little sense of comfort knowing that we have those backing us up 100%.

Cons

The only issue I have seemed to notice is where we live in Nebraska sometimes when the trucks are going out in the sandhills; sometimes the trucks don't quite connect all the way. So the live feed gets a little jumpy, but it still keeps it up to date as best as possible.

DD

David D.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Fleet tracking and maintenance

Pros

I can check in seconds if an operator calls in with a problem with a unit. I can determine what the fault is and if it is safe to bring it in. Also if an operator is not answering their radio I can see where they are at on their assignment list.

Cons

So far I haven't had any issues with the service or equipment.

mm

michael m.

Environmental Services, 501-1,000 employees

Essential Functions for Our Business

Pros

Real time tracking of drivers' logs and locations

Cons

not really sure on this one. I can find my way around pretty easily and haven't had any complaints.

MD

Matthew D.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

great program

very pleased with the everyday operations of the program

Pros

tracking drivers and helping direct them

Cons

nothing yet. i do like everything so far

SS

SIMONA S.

REVIEW

Using samsara as over the rooad trucking company, this is all you need to run in compliance.

Pros

User friendly, we have a lot of older drivers that are not very computer savvy but they all complement Samsara for how easy is to use it. Also very easy to set up and navigate. I don't want to ever use another system.

Cons

Honestly i dont know any cons. I am very happy with it. I have been using it from the beggining.

RF

Richard F.

Love me some Samsara

I cant ra e enpugh about Samsara. We delt with other companys but none can compare.to Samsar. Love me some Samsara.

Pros

All the features and no options. Especially the camera system.

Cons

That we didnt get it sooner. The system just works.

MV

Michelle V.

Samsara Review

Pros

User Friendly, video playback accessibility and quality, able to track all assets and geofences.

Cons

Coverage maps- Not able to type an address and get exact location pinned.

CC

Chris C.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Great tracking program

Really good program overall. Makes tracking our fleet easy

Pros

Accurate position, real time tracking. Many extra features that help with fleet management

Cons

The inability to hover over the path taken by a vehicle at any point to see what the time / speed of the vehicle was at that time. It only logs a time when the vehicle is stopped for a while

JB

James B.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

A great system

We had another elog system that we had issues with the system connecting to it's own components in the truck and keeping a signal so that the driver could stay logged in on the system. The Samsara system has removed all of the issues with connectivity. It also has a much better dashboard of features than the other elog system. When you can give engine codes to the repair shop, repairs can be done quicker...

Pros

The software is all on the internet. I can use the fleet management portion on my tablet, my phone, or any computer as long as I have my login information. So far any tablet or phone I have tried the driver app on has worked.

Cons

Only the most minor of issues and even then it is almost not worth mentioning however to be an honest review I do need to mention it. The driver app has locked up while being used on the tablet. No reason has been found as to why as of yet. The app also does not keep the tablet screen on when the app is running which some people don't see as an issue.

LM

Lance M.

The Help of Samsara

Samsara has helped our business in many ways. Being able to see what our drivers are doing helps our company save money. Being able to submit videos when collisions happen and submitting to our insurance company is a bonus.

Pros

I like that we can see where every truck is and what they are doing. When we are paying drivers by the hour we monitor where they are going at all times and how long they are at every stop. The cameras have especially helped us when accidents are video captured when submitting to ICBC.

Cons

The video history somehow needs to be captured when needed. I believe you can only go back a certain number of weeks, or you cannot request to retrieve it.

LV

Laina V.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Not happy with Samsara at all

I am not happy with Samsara. I would not recommend Samsara. Our contract is over next month and I have already found a replacement company.

Pros

The ifta reports were easy to access and utilize.

Cons

Just about everything else. I was constantly calling with problems, explaining the problem and they said they would help and never call back. When I called them back I was told I have a new rep. This was repeated over and over through the contract. I had some MAJOR issues that were NEVER handled.

Laina, we're sorry to hear about this experience and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We understand you've been in touch with our team and have worked with them to resolve the issue.

Ryan M.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Great product for the price

We have had verizon, gps insite and now leaving azuga. Samsara has blown all of these out the water. The AI Camera system is great with it customization of levels of triggers. The previous systems had lots of false flags. With previous systems we struggled to get video from accidents which lead to leaving other platforms.

Pros

- Features - AI Cameras - Simple AI Driver Assignments - Coaching Drivers - Accurate GPS System that works

Cons

- higher price - I can't really think of any cons right now

MF

Mason F.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Love Samsara

Absolutely amazing. Wish I heard of samsara sooner.

Pros

The accuracy and details that it gives you on gas tank etc.

Cons

N/A Used Verizon before and you blow them out of the water.

as

adam s.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

Cost effective product

Pros

Samsara devices are accurate and provide up to date data to locate our investment with no issues. The online portal is very user friendly and easy to use with all data and setting at our fingertips.

Cons

Samsara devices meet our needs and we have no issues

DG

Davide G.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Honest Feedback.

From install to getting educated to the use of the information daily, it has created revenue generating opportunities in addition to our core competencies.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service along the way. The demo's helped me validate internally, and we have used other providers, but as long as Samsara has the customer support after the sale, they will wipe away any competition.

Cons

There really isn't anything about the Samsara product that we don't like.