Samsara Reviews

Samsara

All-in-one fleet operations management platform

4.37/5 (180 reviews)

Pros
  • The most useful feature is instant notifications by email or text when an alarm is triggered. GPS location displays are great, and access to video clips is outstanding.Charles A.Read the full review
  • I like that you can ease into it for first timers and that you can just navigate from screen to screen. I like that the customer service is great now.Dick E.Read the full review
  • THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE.Ajneel R.Read the full review
Cons
  • Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features.Tate F.Read the full review
  • I can see at a glance where our equipment is and when it moves, whereas before we had to rely on eyes in the field and calling around. Samsara solves this problem by taking out the human error.EDDY A.Read the full review
  • With having to switch back and forth, I sometimes get a little lost and it takes clicking around a lot before I figure it out.Kristina G.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
L. Houston Smith

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

Reviewed 2019-09-10

I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

Pros
I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

Cons
The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

Tate Freundlich

The smart, do everything, connected vehicle solution.

Reviewed 2019-12-28

Samsara has been a great tool not only in organizing and managing out vehicles and assets, but has allowed us to successfully defend against false claims. Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features. I honestly can not say this for any other software I use.

Pros
Everything you need is included, and in one place. Fleet tracking, cameras, HOS, safety, performance, and dispatch tools all live in one place. Additionally, the team is very responsive in creating one-off or custom integrations should you need them.

Cons
The cameras, the logic by which they record, and the dashboard for viewing them could use some work. You're unable to retrieve segments more than 60 seconds in length at any one period of time. They offer a "hyperlapse" mode, but I find this to be a useless gimmick as the compression effectively omits frames making it difficult to identify incident times.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Lisa Laughery

Great Products, Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2020-06-11

I have touched may departments in Samsara and they always make you feel like they are your #1 customer. Response time is great and they quick to follow-up to make sure everything is to your satisfaction.

Pros
We are in the honeymoon stage with Samsara and so far everything is great. The implementation team was amazing and made sure the setup process was very easy. The dashboard of the program is great and the integration with my other favorite software is on point. It is the best integration I have seen so far.

Cons
It is a bit pricey but well worth the spend in my book. All it's missing, in my opinion, is a timesheet option for drivers and non-drivers and then I would be totally satisfied.

Anthony Serrano

Samsara Commited Fraud Against Our Company

Reviewed 2019-08-10

I was a customer of Samsara for over 2 years. After believing Samsara was a good company I referred other companies, also due to the referral incentives pushed by their sales associates. I referred a fleet over to Samsara after some time Samsara stop receiving payment from the referred company they decided to take money from my card on file monthly for that referred companies bill. I was unaware when it started thinking it was my monthly payment for my fleet of truck until one day I was looking through bank statements and noticed multiple payments being pulled monthly from Samsara. I immediately contacted their accounting department and was given the run around for nearly two months. After sometime a rep called me and basically said it was a mistake that must of been my fault and they will not be refunding over 3,000.00 that was deducted throughout nearly a year. I tried to reason with them as being a long time customer that they can pay me back slowly or work out some type of repayment and I was basically told they will not reimburse any of my money taken. I am taken the proper steps now to ensure I am reimbursed by Samsara since they were illegally pulling payments from my account for another trucking company's bill. I am also leaving this comment to make other customers aware of the shady business being performed behind closed doors.

Pros
I have no Pros after there was continuous issues throughout the time I was locked into my contract.

Cons
Read my overall experience worst experience ever!!!

Response from Samsara

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We've informed our Finance team about your situation as we always want to give our customers the best experience possible.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

MANJIT GILL

customer service

Reviewed 2020-06-16

its been over 2 years , so far we are very happy with the service and functionality of the product.

Pros
Samasara has a great reputation in the trucking industry. we are using GPS tracking and we are very satisfied with the service.

Cons
we are using trailer tracking system from last 2+ years. we are very satisfied due to: system is very easy to use, great customer service , price is very reasonable, knowledgeable & very helpful staff.

Erika Smith

Easy ELD program

Reviewed 2019-09-10

We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Pros
This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Cons
There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

Andres Lopez

Next level tech.

Reviewed 2019-09-05

Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

Pros
*Easy to use *Can be used on different platforms *Looks very high tech

Cons
On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Jason Doris

Best option that continues to improve

Reviewed 2019-09-05

The product is great and many others are as well. The team behind it has been as impressive which puts them in the lead.

Pros
The setup and configuration options are very user friendly. The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees.

Cons
There were a few features that were missing in the beginning but have since been added so nothing comes to mind.

john scepaniak

Clean and easy to use interface

Reviewed 2019-09-20

tremendous. the customer service and response we have experienced with Samsara is ultimately what made us choose them over other providers

Pros
My favorite aspect of Samsara is the intuitive feel of the interface. When we were discerning on which ELD and telematics provider to choose, Samsara's program felt as if i had been operating it for years. the menus are very easy to navigate.

Cons
I wish that there was a mobile app for administrators, rather than the web browser, as sometimes im not by my desktop or laptop.

Christopher Kemman

Great Newer System With Huge Potential

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-09-12

The sales rep was a bit pushy, the management is very knowledgeable and eager to work with you, and the engineer they sent to help with commissioning was very helpful in making that process go smoothly and providing effective training. Samsara is great about quick responses, I don't have to wait long with a question.

Pros
A web-based vision system administration platform means being able to check on the camera feed and make adjustments in real time on my work laptop, home computer, cellphone, or tablet. The software is easy to set up and the implementation assistance Samsara provided made commissioning a simple task when compared to other industrial vision systems. The quality of the camera is apparent from the moment you take it out of the box, and the software is made with the modern user in mind. The other thing that really impressed me was that for what you pay, you receive free feature-rich firmware and software updates to your equipment during the life of your contract. This has already improved the effectiveness of our system quite a bit.

Cons
On the hardware side, connecting the camera system to our existing line equipment was a bit difficult since the unit is designed to work on 12VDC instead of 24VDC or 120VAC which are far more common in industrial control systems. On the software side, there is a noticeable amount of lag at times when making adjustments. I'm not sure if that's connectivity or optimization issues, but it can make fine-tuning a bit difficult.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Christopher Kiper

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Reviewed 2019-07-19

Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Pros
Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Cons
The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

Dave Allen

A Better Way of Doing What We've Always Done

Reviewed 2019-09-05

Safety policies have been easier to monitor. We love the camera placements in our equipment.

Pros
Intuitive navigation for the dashboard user as well as for the driver.

Cons
The dashboard is just a little boring with the lack of color. Maybe needs just a little splash of color for visible interest.

Elmo Johnson

Samsara vs Teletrac

Reviewed 2019-09-13

Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Pros
Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Cons
would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

Ajneel Raj

SAMSARA ELD, DASH CAM AND TRUCK TRACKING

Reviewed 2019-09-05

I HAD SMALL ISSUES WITH DEVICE GOING OUT, IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BY SAMSARA TEAM BY THEM SENDING ME ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS. I HAD ISSUES WITH THE WIRE THAT BROKE AND THEY REPLACED THE WIRE IN 2 DAY'S FREE OF CHARGE. WHENEVER I CALL THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHICH I LIKE. PHONE CALLS WORKS AND EMAILS WORK ALSO. THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE. OUR TRUCK WAS SIDE SWIPPED WITH A CAR AND THE CAR CALLED CHP TELLING THEM IT WAS OUR TRUCK WHO HIT IT. LUCKILY DASH CAM WAS THEIR AND BEING A WEEKEND I CAN REMOTE ACCESS IT FROM HOME AND SHOWED CHP WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY LET OUR TRUCK GO AND GAVE OTHER PEOPLE TICKET AND TOWED THEIR CAR.

Pros
EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SAYS IT WILL WORK.

Cons
SO FAR WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT THERE IS NO ISSUES

Hope Tollett

Excellent Service

Reviewed 2019-09-13

Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Pros
Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Cons
A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

Caira Slone

Samsara Review

works fine

Pros
Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Cons
takes too much to get equipment replaced

Jamie Smith

Game Changing

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Game Changing. Time Saving.

Pros
Throughout the evolution of the product in our 18 months of use, the additional features have made navigation and reporting more simple for the user and administrator. Tracking hours of service and keeping 135 drivers compliant has changed from reviewing individual logs for accuracy to scanning for violations. Knowing how many hours a driver has available tomorrow at a glance makes an immediate impact on our logistics experts ability to assign work. It's not just drivers and compliance that benefit, our logistics team, dispatchers, compliance team and the clients in the vehicles all WIN.

Cons
Inability to prevent a driver that has logged out from being put back on duty. If a member of the fleet team moves a vehicle without logging in to that vehicle, the software places the unassigned movement on the log of the last person that was signed in.

Ashley Green

Love it!

Reviewed 2019-09-05

Love that we made the switch and even my supervisor is starting to love it more and more everyday.

Pros
I love how much this program offers; it has helped us majorly weed out the not so loyal employees. The ELD portion is simple and easy to use and I don't have to fight the guys to use it for their logs. They just want to use it. I love the camera system as it has helped us out with false reports on reckless driving and gives us a little sense of comfort knowing that we have those backing us up 100%.

Cons
The only issue I have seemed to notice is where we live in Nebraska sometimes when the trucks are going out in the sandhills; sometimes the trucks don't quite connect all the way. So the live feed gets a little jumpy, but it still keeps it up to date as best as possible.

James Bent

A great system

Reviewed 2018-08-06

We had another elog system that we had issues with the system connecting to it's own components in the truck and keeping a signal so that the driver could stay logged in on the system. The Samsara system has removed all of the issues with connectivity. It also has a much better dashboard of features than the other elog system. When you can give engine codes to the repair shop, repairs can be done quicker as well. A feature the previous system did not come with at all was a dash camera. The Samsara system allows you to add on a camera that works in conjunction with the system. For our business, we decided to do the dual cam so we can see what the driver is doing as well as see what was going on in front of the truck. When the drivers heard we were looking at getting cameras, they asked to see if we were going to get the driver cam. The drivers wanted to make sure we got them so that when the next car versus truck accident happens to them, they will more likely be found not at fault since they want to be seen as paying attention and not distracted. Of course there are the drivers that did not want them due to "big brother" concerns. Everyone does agree when the time comes, that the camera will save their job if they were doing their job.

Pros
The software is all on the internet. I can use the fleet management portion on my tablet, my phone, or any computer as long as I have my login information. So far any tablet or phone I have tried the driver app on has worked.

Cons
Only the most minor of issues and even then it is almost not worth mentioning however to be an honest review I do need to mention it. The driver app has locked up while being used on the tablet. No reason has been found as to why as of yet. The app also does not keep the tablet screen on when the app is running which some people don't see as an issue.

Davide Giandomenico

Honest Feedback.

Reviewed 2019-09-05

From install to getting educated to the use of the information daily, it has created revenue generating opportunities in addition to our core competencies.

Pros
Ease of use and customer service along the way. The demo's helped me validate internally, and we have used other providers, but as long as Samsara has the customer support after the sale, they will wipe away any competition.

Cons
There really isn't anything about the Samsara product that we don't like.

Blanca Lowery

The BEST GPS System

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
Software was so easy to set up and use. We also use the on dash cameras which have proven very useful in providing teaching moments to our drivers.

Cons
No cons. This has been the best product to manage our fleet.

Kristina Gerber

Samsara Software Review

Reviewed 2020-02-06

Our experience with Samsara has been very positive. The customer service has been extremely responsive when I've had a question or concern to help me resolve the issue.

Pros
This software provides everything we needed in a GPS company fleet tracking software. It allows me to check in and see where my employees are, but it also keeps track of things for the vans that I don't know how else to keep track of. We have it set up to tell me when the vehicle needs maintenance including oil changes. This has been SO nice! The camera features has actually helped significantly when a company vehicle has been in an accident to show to the police and see what really happened.

Cons
The thing I like the least about the software is I wish I had the ability to edit the vehicle and the driver driving the vehicle on the same page at the same time. Instead, I have to go into the drivers page and then go to a different section entirely to edit anything for the vehicle information. With having to switch back and forth, I sometimes get a little lost and it takes clicking around a lot before I figure it out.

Brady Pipkin

nice

Reviewed 2019-09-12

all good till the cams. told salesman had to have audio. frnt facing cam that he said did have audio doesnt. i got ahold of him and he said he'd get it turned on. ive called and left messages 4 times since and left messages. no reply!! called coustomer service she said she'd give him the message. its been 2 weeks now without a reply. so now im paying for something i didnt want. so to say the least im not too happy..

Pros
being able to track my fleet.

Cons
at&t spotty service.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Jeffrey Lee

Review on Samsara Camera System

Reviewed 2019-09-05

The overall experience has been very positive. A lot of bad habits and behaviors has been cut down tremendously. Having this technology in the truck helps ease the minds of the driver when other vehicles are not driving in a safe manner. We had a situation on our trial timeline with a tractor trailer backed up into the front of the vehicle. The driver jumped out and automatically started hollering that "we rear ended him". The driver smiled but still was making sure the driver was ok and said "that's not what my camera says". The other driver changed his story right on the spot and apologized. The Samsara representative and our staff was very impressed on the legal aspects that this system.

Pros
- Artificial Intelligence is great - Easy to use platform - Installation was easy - Gives great overall driver information

Cons
-Waiting to see how the backup feature for the trucks work

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Bill Skinner

Adaptive Product

Reviewed 2020-06-09

Samsara has been great to work with. They have allowed us to stream line a few of our companies operations. They have also allowed us to increase our companies over all safety with real time tracking and driver coaching.

Pros
Samsara software is easy to use. It supplies us with full integration with our TMS. The efficiency and ease of use has allowed us to adapt our business in these challenging times.

Cons
The only 2 things I think are cons for this software does not utilize or give us the option to use military time. Also we would like to see a couple different options for video retrieval. I personally would like to see at least the ability to pull a 2 minute video or even up to a 5 minute video.