Samsara Reviews

4.19/5 (97 reviews)

Christopher Kiper

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Reviewed 2019-07-19

Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Amy Reffner

Samsara is a great solution for all your Tracking and Elog needs!

Reviewed 2019-07-18

We use Samsara for all Driver's Hours of Service (ELD), Maintenance, Safety Reporting, and Tracking needs. I have never been disappointed with this system since day one and their customer service is no less than fantastic.

James Bent

A great system

Reviewed 2018-08-06

We had another elog system that we had issues with the system connecting to it's own components in the truck and keeping a signal so that the driver could stay logged in on the system. The Samsara system has removed all of the issues with connectivity. It also has a much better dashboard of features than the other elog system. When you can give engine codes to the repair shop, repairs can be done quicker as well. A feature the previous system did not come with at all was a dash camera. The Samsara system allows you to add on a camera that works in conjunction with the system. For our business, we decided to do the dual cam so we can see what the driver is doing as well as see what was going on in front of the truck. When the drivers heard we were looking at getting cameras, they asked to see if we were going to get the driver cam. The drivers wanted to make sure we got them so that when the next car versus truck accident happens to them, they will more likely be found not at fault since they want to be seen as paying attention and not distracted. Of course there are the drivers that did not want them due to "big brother" concerns. Everyone does agree when the time comes, that the camera will save their job if they were doing their job.

Shannon DeGuglielmo

Sounds silly, but it is a game changer.

Reviewed 2018-04-12

The system is a problem solver. Whether it is complaints about a buses timing, a missed stop, a "where is our bus", or a call about a speeding bus, we have immediate access to the information we need. I recently had a driver lost...I was able to walk him through turn by turn how to get to his destination over our 2 way radio. It was amazing.

Juan Lopez

Samsara Fleet Solution

Reviewed 2018-07-27

Truly and completely satisfied. I would not choose ANY other software. I have worked with them almost 3 years and have implemented across 3 different fleets with little to no issues. It is truly a Lilium inter spinas, "a Lily among the thorns"

Kevin McClure

Easy to use, does most of what we need

Reviewed 2019-02-15

Working with samsara has been good, initially watch out how you sign up with the overall contract, make sure you sign up through Samsara and not the financing company they send over first.

Anthony Serrano

Samsara Commited Fraud Against Our Company

Reviewed 2019-08-10

I was a customer of Samsara for over 2 years. After believing Samsara was a good company I referred other companies, also due to the referral incentives pushed by their sales associates. I referred a fleet over to Samsara after some time Samsara stop receiving payment from the referred company they decided to take money from my card on file monthly for that referred companies bill. I was unaware when it started thinking it was my monthly payment for my fleet of truck until one day I was looking through bank statements and noticed multiple payments being pulled monthly from Samsara. I immediately contacted their accounting department and was given the run around for nearly two months. After sometime a rep called me and basically said it was a mistake that must of been my fault and they will not be refunding over 3,000.00 that was deducted throughout nearly a year. I tried to reason with them as being a long time customer that they can pay me back slowly or work out some type of repayment and I was basically told they will not reimburse any of my money taken. I am taken the proper steps now to ensure I am reimbursed by Samsara since they were illegally pulling payments from my account for another trucking company's bill. I am also leaving this comment to make other customers aware of the shady business being performed behind closed doors.

Sharron Thompson

Samsara ELD's

Reviewed 2018-09-25

I have used other ELD companies and Samsara is by far the best. They are quick with customer service and they have listened and helped with customer feedback about different features I would like to see. I can keep up with my fleet and I know that Samsara is there at any time to help me solve problems quickly.

JIm McGroerty

VERY Good system, could use a little more durability

Reviewed 2018-07-30

Overall, I am very happy with Samsara and would continue to recommend the system to others. They are very responsive and quick to help resolve any issue that do arise and it never feels like I have to "battle" to get a resolution.

Steve Poandl

Feature-rich platform with intuitive UI

Reviewed 2018-07-30

Before using Samsara, we had no visibility over the location of our fleet, no way to verify the safe driving habits of our drivers, and mileage was tracked on paper. Samsara has solved these problems for us.

Peter Opulauoho

Great for multiple locations

Reviewed 2018-08-02

Overall I am pleased with Samsara's performance and like the fact that they are constantly seeking our feedback in order to further improve the quality and functionality of the service.

Benn Kingsbury

Excellent product with customer service to match!!!

Reviewed 2018-04-12

IFTA and HOS compliance; dispatch is better able to see and plan loads/drivers with ease. Major reduction in wasted man hours waiting for equipment to be freed up.

Evan Watanabe

Feedback is good

Reviewed 2018-07-30

Monitoring temps in trucks and warehouses is the primary reason we are using Samsara. The automated report are critical for us to log these temps, even if it historically kept in the cloud. Customer service has been quick, responsive, and helpful. However, I still need help and haven't been updated in at least two weeks.

Sergio Morales

Best ELD on the market

Reviewed 2018-08-02

Overall, we are thrilled with the sytem. We started using another popular eld system before this one so we have a little experience on comparing between them and this one is perfect. The log tracking is accurate, the gps tracking is impressive aswell, and with everthing, the program comes with makes my life easeir. great system, we love it

Loyd Krueger

Always available to help whenever there's any questions

Reviewed 2018-04-17

From the program as a whole we had some positive consideration from our insurance carrier and our accidents are down significantly YTD. We are considering the camera option.

Chris Baker

Easy to use dashboard and app.

Reviewed 2018-04-12

Easy to train drivers on use of App. The dashboard is slick and well designed. Installation was very simple. Customer service is well educated and always has answers. Replacement devices or cables arrive in just a couple days and we are on other side of country from Samsara.

Kimberly Fling

Great Product & Service

Reviewed 2018-08-03

Our experience has been very positive. Sales support is good, I can email or call our rep at any time. Technical support is second to none. The support staff tries to answer my questions while I'm on the phone. If this is not possible, they are always quick to call back with a solution or advise that it needs to be looked into further. They have also extended their hours recently. The product is easy to use and they are always making updates to make it even better.

Jon Goodsell

Good company that is continually changing for the better

Reviewed 2018-07-27

All interactions with the software and support have been good. They are continually updating to allow new features and requests to be seen. Once they add a few more of my suggested changed we will be even happier.

Ryan Blazei

Great product at first, but falls down after a few months

Reviewed 2019-07-22

They are great to work with until you have issues. Once you have issues they ghost you and are impossible to contact. I would look at other ELD solutions and avoid this company and its software.

Todd Sall

Thoughts from Vmax Transportation, Zeeland, MI

Reviewed 2018-07-30

The visibility of our trucks is a bonus, but we did not have any issues with our drivers before using Samsara. Any problems or questions we have had with Samsara have been handled very quickly and professionally by support.

Brenden Magill

Samsara ELD, Dashcams, and Trailer Sensors

Reviewed 2018-07-30

I absolutely love this company. Relative to who we were with before, everything is easier, faster, and quicker to learn. The driver app is simple and self explanatory, which was a must for our organization.

Dan Silchuk

Great Easy to Use software that always improving

Reviewed 2018-06-13

Instant Visibility into what I happening with Vehicles and trailers at any given point. Powerful reporting to increase efficiency.

Ty G

Great fleet tracking product with great service.

Reviewed 2019-02-15

Use Samara to track our fleet of buses and get alerts when a bus is speeding/doing anything unsafe. Would recommend for any one with any type of vehicle fleet.

Wagner Triska

EASY TO USE

Reviewed 2018-07-27

GREAT RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT TEAM WHEN WE NEED HELP.

Candace Saya

My previous software was called Omnitracs/XRS. Samsara beats that hands down.

Reviewed 2018-04-17

The ability to perform my job more accurately. I am in a very time sensitive situation with the routes of my drivers and knowing exactly where they are and where they have been is absolutely critical in making the right decision in a crisis. Samsara allows me that with very good reliability. I have only had the software for a couple of months but already I know that it is much better than the previous software.