ShipBob Reviews

3.97/5 (70 reviews)

Pros
  • DIFFICULT, SLOW, and EXPENSIVE ecommerce fulfillment.
  • Reports section are working nicely. I like the breakdown of orders.
  • It looks very attractive actually and that's the only thing that is going for it.
  • Its easy to use and intuitive. As a software developer, I appreciate how its laid out.
Cons
  • STAY CLEAR THEY RIP YOU OFF BY FULFILLING INCORRECTLY.
  • I wish I could delete inactive SKUs that have 0 inventory.
  • Creating B2B orders, inventory transfers is totally a mess.
  • Nothing to mention to be honest. It does what it says it does.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
John Redmond

E-commerce made easy

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-09-05

Excellent. Great customer service. Would highly recommend.

Pros
ShipBob revolutionizes the way that our company ships consumers. The complexity of order fulfillment with any e-commerce business can severely strain other fundamental areas of a business that are vital to it's growth and success. As a small start-up, having a shipping solution like ShipBob is essential.

Cons
Handing over fulfillment responsibilities is a challenge simply because you, as the business owner, lose a bit of control. However, my experience with ShipBob was great.

Chris Smith

Good solution, but requires frequent contact with support team

Reviewed 2018-03-22

Pros
Ability to manage products, merge inventory, handle bundles, and see stock levels. The ability to do multiple distribution centers looks cool, but not used yet.

Cons
No way to delete duplicated product variants imported to system. No easy way to manage pre-orders other than manually putting items on hold.

Austin Distel CMO at Proof

My trusted 3PL partner for non-Amazon fulfillment.

Reviewed 2019-10-10

ShipBob gives us a single source of truth for all our order data, inventory data is easily filterable across all fulfillment centers, broken down by sales channel, etc. I can even set up re-order notifications so I know when to place an order with my manufacturer, reducing stock-outs.

Pros
Big fan of my own buying experience. It felt consultative rather than sales. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really seemed to be on my team and looked out for my best interest. I love that I can put 2-day shipping on my personal store.

Cons
Design is a bit behind and minimal, but that's more of an aesthetic thing.

Response from ShipBob

Hi Austin, thanks for the review and glad you can take advantage of the 2-day option for your customers!

Greg Umhoefer

Solid fulfillment service, straightforward user interface, responsive customer support

Reviewed 2019-10-05

For me, the key is the integration with Shopify. When an order comes in, it's automatically transferred to ShipBob, which fulfills the order as soon as possible and bills my account. I have never packed a box thus far, which frees up time for value-add activities

Pros
I engaged ShipBob for e-commerce fulfillment services for an ecommerce business hosted on the Shopify platform. I like that the user interface is pretty straightforward, customer support has been good (during setup and post-launch), and that the price seems to be reasonable.

Cons
I had a minor issue mapping Shopify shipping methods to ShipBob shipping methods. But it was minor and easily resolved.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Elliot Gatt

Love the simplicity of the dashboard, and the speed of service.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Pros
The system is beautiful and easy to navigate. Everything is super well laid out. The connection between our store and Shipbob is seamless.

Cons
The cost of the shipping is higher than discussed, this was forsure a little bit disappointing. We need to work through this.

Chris Thorsen

Had some difficulties in the beginning and have worked through them

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Pros
Easy to navigate and it does offer customers more options than other fulfillment centers I have used in the past

Cons
Not being able to look at my inventory in each location. This is possible, but I have to go through multiple steps to achieve this.

ERIC WANG

easy loading of goods and some fulfillment - good people working in L.A.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-01-19

Pros
Neat and understandable. Plenty of helpful people who you can consult with to help out on the data entry. Great that it syncs to Shopify.

Cons
You need to use it to get all the information in. The excel upload wasn't easy for us to use, though we tried several times. I opted to enter each product manually, but that wasn't too bad. The sync with our Shopify wasn't always perfect either, but that's probably because of our store is organized.

Guido BONELLI

Best bang for your buck

Reviewed 2019-11-11

Problems happen, but shipbob is there to help

Pros

Cons
It's a little slow to load. Moving from screen to screen is a bit like watching paint dry.

Kim Nguyen

good software but buggy on shipping price.

Reviewed 2018-01-29

Pros
Ease of use. It has good integration to Amazon, Ebay, and Walmart. Inbound shipment is quick and easy.

Cons
shipping price is not consistent and aligned to contracted price. same product and weight would be price double sometimes.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Karen Repoli

Great program and easy to use!

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Pros
Very easy to order books and have them shipped to your customers. Simple to track inventory levels.

Cons
I have been using for the past 9 months and have not found any negatives.

Jenny Nguyen

Worst company I have ever used

Reviewed 2018-04-27

Pros
This company gave me a nightmare. Terrible software, even log in doesn't work. Orders errors out yet suddenly popped up leading to products getting fulfilled incorrectly. We had over 100 orders fulfilled incorrectly by them in the first week of working with them. Have never had such a bad experience with a 3PL

Cons
Customer service is a joke. No one cares. While your stuff is on fire, you can call your account manager and he is leisurely at lunch, and said he will handle it when he is back from lunch. And obviously 3 hours later you still dont hear from him.

April Greer

Excellent Fulfillment Service!

Reviewed 2019-10-31

The onboarding experience was PHENOMENAL. They really help you get setup and make it as painless as possible. Great customer support and clear documentation on costs. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Pros
Very user-friendly, excellent real-time reporting, and well organized. LOVE that it automates fulfillment submission and allows for tracking information to be automatically supplied to the customer.

Cons
I wish I could delete inactive SKUs that have 0 inventory.

Liza Savary

We have had a great experience with Shipbob and their customer support!

Reviewed 2018-01-26

Pros
Easy to use, user friendly with easy access to essentials. Customer support is always very responsive.

Eric Taylor

Not good.

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Pros
Interface design is clean. It looks like a program that is friendly you to use, and looks like something we'd like to support.

Cons
A lot of the sections we navigate to don't have the features we'd expect. Also, the claims process and working through email w/ your Zendesk hasn't been friendly. We'd need claims filed on damaged goods on large shipments that aren't easy to track.

Florian E

Horrible!

Reviewed 2018-10-20

Usually, I do not review businesses but the experience is the worst!

Pros
Reports section are working nicely. I like the breakdown of orders.

Cons
Creating B2B orders, inventory transfers is totally a mess.

Johnathan Dane

Automatic Recommendation For Our eComm Clients

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-08-27

Pros
From a logistics perspective for our clients, it was an absolute no brainer. We don't use it ourselves but many of eCommerce clients do.

Cons
Nothing to mention to be honest. It does what it says it does.

Kendrah MC

We're having troubles as a team and shared our feedback with our account manager.

Reviewed 2018-01-26

Pros
The support team wants to be helpful and has decent turnaround time. The design looks nice and isn't overwhelming.

Cons
Managing claims aren't user friendly. Locating the orders within ShipBob based on our order number and the followup through email and the ShipBob platform isn't ideal.

Anonymous

Would be great if the program worked!

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-03-18

Pros

Cons
There program is buggy to the point that it's unusable and is so inconvenient. I own a FBA Arbitrage company and need a prep center, I spent all this time creating a prepping plan with them and literally the next day after I ordered the products and sent it to them I get a message from their customer service and I quote: "We do not accept FBA prep at this time". what a great response!

Conrad Peck

STAY CLEAR

Reviewed 2019-01-07

DIFFICULT, SLOW, and EXPENSIVE ecommerce fulfillment.

Pros
DIFFICULT, SLOW, and EXPENSIVE ecommerce fulfillment.

Cons
STAY CLEAR THEY RIP YOU OFF BY FULFILLING INCORRECTLY.

Anonymous

Used to automate the shipping process for hundreds of my students.

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-05-04

Pros
As a first-time e-commerce business owner, Shipbob made it easy to navigate the process of sending my customers their orders. I like that their warehousing fees are laid out clearly.

Cons
Customer support is not as quick as I would have hoped. I wish there was an easier way to contact support and have them deal with my problem during my launch weeks.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10