Shippo Logo

The leading multi-carrier e-commerce shipping platform

Shippo Reviews - Page 5

JS

John S.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Save Time and Money

We used to take our packages to the Post Office to pay for postage there. They eventually convinced us to use the Postal Service's online service at a 10% saving over service at the counter. Too often, however, that software would crash, losing input and taking much time to recover. Shippo solved those problems, and provides postage at a cheaper rate than even the USPS online service. Highly recommended!

Pros

Shippo allows us to pre-pay and pre-label our shipments via the US Postal Service. It is easier to use, and costs less than, the Postal Service's comparable online postage service. It is not subject to crashing and losing input, as is the case with the Postal Service's software.

Cons

Thus far, we have found no negative features.

MD

Melissa D.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

First time e-commerce shipper

No complaints, easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use and don’t have to be real tech savvy once you get your account set up

Cons

Wish they had a better onboarding process or a rep that you dealt with directly. And maybe they do for bigger shippers

KH

Kimberly H.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, self-employed

Love Shippo

Pros

Ease of use is what I like best. I like the auto fill of the addresses. I like the way the payments work, I love having the options of Multiple shippers.

Cons

There are no features about Shippo that I dislike.

JP

Jon P.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Shippo is an easy to use software solution to solve our UPS and USPS printing needs

My overall experience with Shippo has been fantastic. I had to contact their support on one occasion and they responded in a reasonable amount of time and resolved the issue very quickly. I would recommend Shippo to people who are looking for a third party shipper as long as they don't need FedEx as an option.

Pros

We have two Shippo accounts which we use through their API that is connected to our ERP system. We like how easily it connects to our system and pass all the information needed to generate our labels. Before the API connection to Shippo, we were unable to ship with UPS and USPS. Setting up our Shippo accounts online were simple and straightforward. Activating our carrier accounts was also a breeze. It was nice that Shippo offers a test mode on the carrier accounts so you can test out new carrier accounts before being fully live. Their pricing is also very competitive and no contract is necessary. You can use pay as you go or do a monthly plan if you are more of a high volume shipper.

Cons

Shippo has a lot of positive features, and not many downsides in my experience. I think the biggest shortfall of Shippo is that they do not offer a FedEx integration currently.

CI

Charles I.

Seamless

No complaints

Pros

It functions seamlessly with my Big Commerce store. I am 100% internet based so shipping is a daily function. I go from order receipt to labeled package in minutes. Packaging quality and shipping are a critical part of my business as I ship ceramics. Selection g a shipper and purchasing and printing

Cons

Can’t really find anything. It works, it’s quick, rates are good, and it takes one more thing off my plate.

JZ

Jana Z.

Shippo Intergation

very easy to use, clear explanation, easy to view tracking, easy to do label refund

Pros

it is easy to use, clear explanations Has address validation, on the menu- country flag to clearly see specific order

Cons

has no drop down menu to switch between different businesses-always have to sign out/sign in when need to use another business address. Also I never was able to connect another carrier for my shipping It should be easier to hide orders for which was not purchased labels

SS

Samantha S.

Retail, self-employed

Loved it for 2+ years and still going!

Pros

Everything is quick and easy to use from user setup to printing them out. Its cheaper than most sites ive seen and i love the invoice feature for paying later.

Cons

It is sometimes a good wait for customer service but once connected the representatives are amazing and extremely efficient.

MW

Michael W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Love Shippo

Pros

Great user interface Easy to use Simple to connwction to our online selling platforms

Cons

Nothing, we could not be more happy with this service.

Td

Tony d.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Great platform, awesome service!

Excellent. We had an issue on an order and their support was great; really fast, really responsive, and credited us some funds for the inconvenience.

Pros

Setting up products for easy re-ordering is very easy to set up; having so many shipping options automatically available is awesome; plus it's free.

Cons

Not having branding available with the free plans is kind of a bummer—but I completely understand they have to make their money somehow.

LT

Leslie T.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Highly recommend

Easy to learn and helps me ship my products quickly!

Pros

Shippo is extremely easy to set up and use. As a small business owner, I am pulled in about 52 directions daily and having to learn new technology to run my business can be difficult. Shippo is user friendly and connects to my e-commerce platform making shipping my products a breeze! And prices are the best around! Definitely recommend!

Cons

I haven't found anything that needs improvement.

wh

wendy h.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Very pleased

Overall, it’s been fantastic. Cheaper than ShipStation - for the same product.

Pros

Integration was seamless, prices are better than other shippers I’ve used

Cons

I wish I could edit scheduling pick-ups, and would prefer more options in the analytics.

KA

Kristy A.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Shippo is where it’s at!

It’s fast and easy to get my shipments out the door with just a few clicks.

Pros

I love how user friendly Shippo is! So glad that I switched over!

Cons

I wouldn’t change anything. It’s perfect and easy

ES

Elizabeth S.

Retail, self-employed

Been using it since day 1!

Best shipping app out there!

Pros

Shippo is pretty much all I have used for shipping and i couldn't ask for a better app! Very easy to use, allows you to bulk print and send email notifications and best of all have very competitive pricing. You can refund a label and keep track of all shipments! I won't use anything else!

Cons

I love Shippo, and only thing I would add is to be able to send bulk email notifications on same screen as printing bulk labels! Thanks!

EL

Eric L.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Wonderful experience for the years that I have been using Shippo. Used with two different website design programs and it performs well for all shipping needs.

Pros

I love how it easily ties in with my shopping cart. Very quick and easy to process shipments, and provides discounted rates and P/L for shipments. Customer notifications for all shipments is another asset.

Cons

Nothing to dislike about the product. It is easy to use, smooth, and effective.

CM

Carly M.

Design, self-employed

Shippo or bust!

Overall my experience has been outstanding. I can't believe how easy it and cost-effective it makes my shipping process. Shipping is my biggest headache in my business and this has streamlined it so much that I now actually look forward to getting to go on Shippo because I know it will be easy.

Pros

Shippo has hands-down the best rates for all shipping companies, that I've found, including at the shipping companies' own store locations. I use UPS and USPS most frequently and always get better rates on Shippo then I do in-person at their locations.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that sometimes an address will auto-populate that's close to the address I'm typing in, but not the correct one. It's almost like it will sometimes not find the street address that I need so instead it auto-populates the nearest address, even though it's the wrong one. Sometimes I don't even notice this until it's too late because it just auto-populates and I assume it was finding the correct address.

CM

Caitlin M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Shippo is great for our small non-profit!

We have had a great experience with Shippo so far. It makes online fulfillment possible for our small non-profit.

Pros

The software is easy to use, automatically integrates with our Square online store, and saves time not having to wait in line at the post office. The fact that the program itself is free to use is amazing, as well.

Cons

We use a Word doc with Avery labels for our shipping labels. It would be great if we could create a custom label template to work with this set up. Currently, we just edit the size of the PDF that is downloaded.

DR

Dorothee R.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Good shipping option

In general we are very happy with Shippo. We do experience occasional glitches but the Shippo customer service team is usually able to help solve it in a timely manner

Pros

Integrates well with Shopify platform helps us safe money on overall shipping let's me schedule pickup with DHL easily

Cons

Does not integrate well with UPS at times some international shipments won't work or are difficult to manage

TF

Tyler F.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

High Results with Minimal Efforts

Implementing Shippo has increased productivity and efficiency here. It has helped us take on additional clients and reduce cost.

Pros

I have to say that I love using Shippo. It has made shipping and logistics so much more simple for us. We have used many other providers but none of them have the service that Shippo has. Their support is amazing and their FAQ's are amazing resources as well.

Cons

I would hope to have less clicks to navigate through the site to be a bit quicker and more efficient but other than that. I think the software is great.

NS

Navtej S.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Shippo makes it easy

Overall We're very happy shippo, I have even recommended it to friend who start a just small business. Great tool for when starting business & no front cost helps a lot since resources are limited.

Pros

Setting up & start printing label is made easy & seamless. There are no upfront cost, sign up, add payment source & start printing label.

Cons

I have run into some bugs, sometimes when you input a new address, press next to go the package info page, but suddenly you end up at the home screen. Happen few times, but its not deal breaker, pressing back get me to the right page quickly.

HW

Harry W.

Printing, self-employed

Convenient Shipping Solution

Having all orders from multiple platforms coming to one point for processing shipping is the most beneficial aspect of the product.

Pros

Being able to consolidate orders for the purpose of creating shipping labels is extremely beneficial. It is far more convenient than using a seller's platform especially when you are dealing with multiple platforms. It was very easy to set up and start using. The cost of labels is the same as other providers. Being able to add a message to the notification emails is an added benefit. It is an avenue for free advertising/promotion.

Cons

Although it is easy to set up and use the documentation could be improved. The address book that is provided is probably one of the weakest points. It does not self-populate and if names and addresses are physically added they can not be used to automatically create shipping labels for repeat customers if a label is to be created other than from a notification from a seller. There is no documentation that explains this so there was time lost trying to make it work the way I thought it should work.

JC

JAMES C.

Internet, self-employed

Very organized!

This eBay-recommended third-party shipping site has saved me lots of time and money over the past few years since I first signed up. I have even compared the prices to Canada Post Snap Ship and Paypal shipping... Shippo wins hands-down for the lowest quoted price to a Canadian address.

Pros

I am the sort of person who likes making lists. Whether it's a Christmas list, grocery list or simply organizing my thoughts on paper. To see all of my eBay sales in a nice organized list on Shippo where I can print my labels at a decent discount from full Canada Post prices - wonderful. I'm happy.

Cons

Nothing - everything is great, no complaints.

CC

Christina C.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Love this platform!

I’ve been using shippo for years and it’s saved my small business so much money!

Pros

Shippo makes finding the lowest and most efficient shipping a breeze!

Cons

No complaints! Love everything about it

PG

Paul G.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Godaddy Online Store with Shippo

Shippo makes it really easy to print my own shipping labels with direct integration into my Godaddy Online store. Seamless operation that works very efficiently. Printing the manifest makes the PostMaster very happy.

Pros

Integration with the Godaddy store was very easy. Easy to use. Good work flow.

Cons

The new version has a few issues but I liked it better. I sometimes have problems printing more that one manifest on the same day.

BD

Brianna D.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Works great

It works and does what I need it to do. I'm very satisfied.

Pros

Being able to do the daily manifest, which is something Shopify doesn't offer, and also being able to do return labels.

Cons

The extra steps/manual work when doing bulk postage. More steps than I'd like, compared to Shopify.

LD

Laurel D.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Quick and convenient

Customer service can be slow, but circumstances over the past few months have been unusual and volumes greater, so it's understandable. However, other than the one glitch above, it has been a great option for my needs.

Pros

Smooth transition from sales to shipping, everything is set up for use, better rates than I could get by myself. Quick and convenient.

Cons

When things go wrong, it's not always quick or easy to get to the root of the problem, although there was only one situation where this caused much inconvenience and it is tied to Covid. It appears that sales in a country that has restricted entry or to which your mail carrier has temporarily discontinued, at least earlier on during the lockdowns, will not produce a record on Shippo that enables one to purchase a shipping option (no matter how many times you try to get a different result!) but it required research on an unrelated web-site to discover this. An error message for situations like this would be helpful.