2Checkout

Online payment processing and billing platform

2Checkout Reviews

Pros

First of all 2Checkout support team are awesome for their support. Their payment gateway solution is more awesome.

Shohanur Rahman S.

They have a very robust API and their platform is pretty comprehensive with a LOT of features.

Steve H.

We have a great experience with 2checkout. The support is also excellent.

Adnan U.

Cons

Avangate merged with the horrible company 2Checkout (worst I've experienced in this sector!) earlier this year and plans to operate under the name of 2Checkout in the future.

Philipp S.

Steve H.

In some contries you get a bank loan more easily. The worst part it that if you are not approved, you will not know why.

Teya B.

4.3

You gotta fight if you want to work with them

I'd say my experience is more bitter than sweet. If it wasn't for the savings I am making, I would never choose them over Paypal, who care far better about their customers.

Pros

In some contries across the ocean 2checkout is the more budget friendly alternative. I like their inlice checkout function which basically allows the customer to see a simple popup with " Enter your card details", instead of going through long and complicated sign in process. Oh, and there is of course the fuction to pay with Paypal, which some customers prrfer. I feel that this really gives sales a huge boost.

Cons

It takes months to be approved and become a partner of 2checkout. In some contries you get a bank loan more easily! The worst part it that if you are not approved, you will not know why. They will never tell you!They rejected my website twice without informing me the reasons behind their decision. When I reached out SEVERAL TIMES to ask what the problem was, their support was kind enough to reply after...

2Checkout

We have a great experience with 2checkout. The support is also excellent

Pros

It's very easy to create a product and manage its pricing.

Cons

They don't allow to change the bank easily for payment transfers and more than one bank is also not allowed.

The best payment gateway to get started in eCommerce.

My experience has been good, it allowed us to start in the world of international ecommerce without any problem. Unfortunately we did not like the support, but it is a good option to start.

Pros

This platform allows us to receive online payments for all the products we sell, it is very easy to integrate when you get your account approved, it has API in many website development platforms. The commissions are not so high compared to others.

Cons

The only problem I have with this platform is the customer support, they take too long to respond, when I joined this company they took 6 days to approve my account, and we all know that in ecommerce time is money. Also, any inquiry I make to support takes up to 2 days to respond.

Hello Moises! Thank you for your review. We are happy you are enjoying our platform and services and we are grateful you took the time to give us feedback. We'd like to apologize for the delayed Support you have experienced. Please know that we are currently dealing with a high number of applications and also tickets, which is why it takes us longer than usual to reply. However, we'll take note of your review for future improvements. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

The most painful authorization process. There is TOO MUCH support that gives you NO SUPPORT at all

Painful authorization process.

Pros

Once you have been authorized to use it, you have many options to configure and the checkout pages are quite nice.

Cons

The most painful authorization process with the most ridiculous rules, when you write to support there can be three or four different people answering in the same thread, and it seems you never get an answer. I had to threaten to abandon the thing entirely so that they would finally help me step over some ridiculous obstacle of their own making. Its almost as if they dont really want you to use their...

Hello! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review our platform and services, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are taking the satisfaction of our customers very seriously and we are sorry if we did not live up to your expectations. For further information, please feel free to reach out directly at service@2checkout.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Powerful and customizable e-commerce platform that help you succeed

Pros

With a powerful set of tools, Avangate really helps ISV and Micro-ISV to sell products and reach more markets. By utilizing a large network of affiliates, extensive detailed reports, promotions, A/B testing and lead management tools and customizable carts and email templates you can sell more and understand your business and users. Avangate offers extensive set of API which enables you to automate every aspect of the purchasing process. Support team of Avangate is knowledgeable and offers fast and reliable assistance.

Cons

Complicated and not-mobile friendly control panel that make the products setup and utilizing other tools difficult. Difficult to customize shopping carts with the lack of documentation to help build custom store using API

Dear Ahmed, thank you so much for your feedback. I have some good news: we are revamping our Control Panel and the beta version will be released very soon in December - stay tuned. As for the comment on the shopping cart, I will ask the technical support team to get in touch and discuss your needs to be able to make some concrete suggestions. Goes without saying that you can reach out to supportplus @ avangate.com anytime with any setup or technical questions.

My experiencia

I've installed a newsletter with paid subscribers. 2checkout worked fine, it satisfied all my needings

Pros

It wasn't easy to find a provider for subscription. I tried other services, but 2checkout offers all I wanted.

Cons

The financial information is given in many currencies. I would prefer to see all the data in dollars.

Hello, Ricardo! Thank you a lot for your review! We are happy you are enjoying our platform and services and we are grateful you took the time to give us feedback. Most of the reports display an amount in a default currency which you can actually convert to your currency of choice. To learn more about this, please refer to this article - https://knowledgecenter.2checkout.com/Documentation/19Reporting/Revenue_split Thank you for your understanding! If further questions arise, you can always reach out to us at supportplus@2checkout.com.

Good support, outdated UI

Pros

Platform support is really good and they really take care about each request. They have huge number of options but sometimes it is hard to tune them in the right way as they are quite messy.

Cons

We are using platform for more than 2 years now and missing the critical feature to allow us passing discount information from our site to the platform without entering it in Avangate cPanel. We also were trying to set up subscriptions for our products but lost in options. 20-30 connected with each other features made it impossible to set up without a good knowledge of how do they work. Platform developers made it over complicated. Commission rate is 5-8% that is quite high. Administration UI is old - coded in early 2000 and requires a good product manager to be sorted out and redeveloped.

One of the easiest payment gateway to get going

My so far experience with 2checkout is very smooth and good. I would definitely recommend this to others as well.

Pros

One thing that I liked the most about them is that it offers the simplest, easiest, and quickest onboarding process.

Cons

there woo commerce integration doesn't offer subscription support.

Great Gateway!

Pros

2checkout is great & reliable. I've been using this for almost 2 years & their service is great so far.

Cons

They've a 2FA system which is kind of broken. Also there's no chat support, only email support. But they respond quickly on working days.

My Experience using 2Checkout so far

I have used other platforms such as Stripe, PayPal and Square which seem to be MUCH easier to use and they pay the next business day or the following business day.

Pros

Cons

The platform is very complicated and not easy to understand or use. Also the delay in payments is about 2 weeks. Their fraud protection could use improvement. The platform is not very intuitive at all.

2Checkout Helps us to receive international payments

I am happy and i am going to rely on them more i even have developed special products to work with 2Checkout API and its easy for me to receive payments and sell my products all around world.

Pros

It is very easy to receive payments all around the world. The most good part the people who want to pay through Paypal they are always happy to see paypal payment option with 2Checkout. Their all type of payment options are great.

Cons

They are little expensive but its part of business as per the service they provide.

Awesome Service

2Checkout is the best in the industry and believe me they provide such a user-friendly support that I cannot even think of switching to any other service.

Pros

I have been using 2checkout services for 10 years and found it one of the best in the industry. The customer support is awesome. The online support agents instantly resolve the issue and even email queries are addressed within 1 hour.

Cons

Very convenient, easy to set up and integrate and there are no signup charges.

Avangate

Been using Avangate as our primary payment processor for 6+ years with literally no problems. It just works and does what it should do. Customer support is acceptable, email response is usually within 24 hours (my experience with their support is limited as I only need to contact it 1 or 2 times a year at most).

Pros

Easy to set up and integrate, intuitive, everything's well documented.

Cons

Sometimes customers complain that the Backup CD they ordered is not delivered or significantly delayed. I'm not sure if it's Avangate fault, though.

Avangate is the third global e-commerce platform we've tried, and by far the best.

Pros

Technical support is quick (often immediate via online chat), courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. After initial set-up and some familiarity with the control panel, Avangate is easy for our customers to purchase through and for our team to administer.

Cons

Avangate's Affiliate Program feature is geared towards software companies with broad-interest software promoted on "affiliate" websites that are usually promoting a wide range of software with "coupon" or "discount" pricing. Our software is very niche market (educational / scientific software) and we would prefer an affiliate program that can be easily tailored to screen and accept specific affiliate sites, e.g. software resellers that offer other software in our niche market, sites that review software and other resources in our niche market, and affiliates who are also providing technical support and training for our software through their own business.

The 2Chekout program brought a flexible and even better online payment

The 2Checkout enables you to explore and experience a bunch of options to implementation online payment. That has been helping me very much oferring my financial services. And because it is so flexbile I have been able to get so many clients, in several aspects. Sometimes I have a headache with support issues, but even so it is a so good tool to be used!

Pros

The 2Checkout helps a lot with the online payment management. It is so much intuitive e gives you plenty options about products and services that you can offer, integrating all of them in so many plataforms and transations.

Cons

It is kind hard to implement at first and sometimes something in the process could give you some trouble., which is why I think that the support could be a little faster.

Most reliable gateway processor

We use Avangate as payment processor for almost 3 years. I worked with too many providers before but never had a good experience as what I have with Avangate. Support agent was really helpfull when we contact them several times in a day to help us to develop our custom module for Avangate. process of accepting money is very good and professional while most of gateways only accept payments and when a chargeback happen just put a penalty (mostly Money!) on your account.

Great Billing Recurring Billing Solution

We were able to increase our revenue over time, up to 30%+, which was great, and continues to be.

Pros

Ease of use of desktop and mobile. Will process the grand majority of transactions and have never really given us any issues to this day.

Cons

Great tool for recurring billing

Helps launch and keep our business growing steadily.

Pros

We are able to bill our clients in time to be able to meet payroll. Their recurring billing solution is very advanced and makes any subscription service easy to implement.

Cons

Since they integrated with Avangate, i think they are a great provider.

My preferred e-commerce platform provider!

Great ROI and configuration capabilities.

Pros

Avangate provides incredibly finite control over products, pricing and promotions. The platform is highly configurable.

Cons

With power comes complexity. The left sidebar menu interface is a little overloaded and could use a simpler re-implementation.

the Avangate system is a very flexible one.

Pros

The automatic calculation of all taxes like VAT in different countries around the world is very impressive.

Cons

Responds to customer support tickets are very slow. Once the ticket is submitted it takes at least few days to review by Avangate team.

Good overall functionality and great customer support

Pros

Fast and professional service support and availability of numerous paying options, particularly in Brazil, where we currently operate

Cons

Lack of more detailed information on failed payment processing. When this happens the info from the dashboard is limited so we have to submit a request for more info.

Hi Fernando, Thanks so much for your review and feedback, we really appreciate it. I have passed on your note regarding notifications for failed payment processing to the product team. It's always useful to learn about clients needs and specific use cases, it helps us constantly improve the platform & our services.

Ease of use and implementation for a payment gateway

Pros

I used 2Checkout to function together with Shopify. The speed of integrating the 2 is fast and seamless. I didn't have to worry about the security, or if I did the right thing. It also has a sleek design that the people paying over the gateway feels that the payment gateway is trustworthy, and they can put their credit card information in without fear.

Cons

The payment scheme is quite strange. I didn't like that you need to bulk the amount before you can withdraw. I also think that the cut that they make is quite large for international organizations.

The Improved 2Checkout Platform Brought Flexibility to Receive Payments

The 2Checkout Payments Platform enables us to exploit its profound involvement in online payment solutions. One of the best solutions for E-commerce, it supports multiple payment methods and has high end security protection. Also the service and support provided is incredible, all our needs are fulfilled. The platform gave us the flexibility that we needed.

Pros

Flexibility, multiple payment methods supported, multiple currency support, great management tools.

Cons

A little tricky to implement, you need to have a team with previous training.

Decent product, does what we needed.

Pros

It’s easy to set up, and allows us to enable subscription based offerings on our social networks with a robust platform that the current script didn’t support.

Cons

The support is a bit slower than some others I’ve tried, but overall, still not tealky a con as much as something to be aware of.

Only because 0 wasn’t an option

Horrible. Accounting mismatches, as they do reserve roll over fees. No customer service Have withheld thousands of dollars, restricted accceaa and no customer service. Calls to Romania.

Pros

It was the only choice available for my region of the USVI using WIX

Cons

Customer Service and Accounting Reporting Not a US based company, call center in Romania. Has targeted me after not wanting to leave a positive review but freezing my site during Coronavirus

Hello! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review our platform and services, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We can assure you that we are taking the satisfaction of our customers very seriously and we are sorry if we did not live up to your expectations. Also, please note that leaving a review won't impact the business partnership we have with you and we encourage speaking your mind regardless of the experience. For further information, please feel free to reach out directly at service@2checkout.com? Looking forward to hearing from you!