2Checkout Logo

2Checkout

Online payment processing and billing platform

2Checkout Reviews

User ratings

4.2

• Likelihood to recommend8.25/10

See full reviews by rating

They have a very robust API and their platform is pretty comprehensive with a LOT of features.
We have a great experience with 2checkout. The support is also excellent.
In some contries you get a bank loan more easily. The worst part it that if you are not approved, you will not know why.

2Checkout users...

PayPal-logocaret
listing-logo

PayPal

Stripe-logocaret
listing-logo

Stripe

How would you rate 2Checkout?

One of the easiest payment gateway to get going

My so far experience with 2checkout is very smooth and good. I would definitely recommend this to others as well.

Pros

One thing that I liked the most about them is that it offers the simplest, easiest, and quickest onboarding process.

Cons

there woo commerce integration doesn't offer subscription support.

Decent product, does what we needed.

Pros

It’s easy to set up, and allows us to enable subscription based offerings on our social networks with a robust platform that the current script didn’t support.

Cons

The support is a bit slower than some others I’ve tried, but overall, still not tealky a con as much as something to be aware of.

Only because 0 wasn’t an option

Horrible. Accounting mismatches, as they do reserve roll over fees. No customer service Have withheld thousands of dollars, restricted accceaa and no customer service. Calls to Romania.

Pros

It was the only choice available for my region of the USVI using WIX

Cons

Customer Service and Accounting Reporting Not a US based company, call center in Romania. Has targeted me after not wanting to leave a positive review but freezing my site during Coronavirus

Hello! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review our platform and services, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We can assure you that we are taking the satisfaction of our customers very seriously and we are sorry if we did not live up to your expectations. Also, please note that leaving a review won't impact the business partnership we have with you and we encourage speaking your mind regardless of the experience. For further information, please feel free to reach out directly at service@2checkout.com? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Great Gateway!

Pros

2checkout is great & reliable. I've been using this for almost 2 years & their service is great so far.

Cons

They've a 2FA system which is kind of broken. Also there's no chat support, only email support. But they respond quickly on working days.

Avangate Review

I have been using Avangate as the primary payment processing company for my online software sales for the past 4 years and have to say that I'm very pleased with them. Their service is competivitley priced and they are very responsive to any queries I ( or my customers ) may have with them. They are also prompt and reliable payers and have always settled my invoices with them on time.

Pros

Good pricing. Good range of payment options. Great customer service ( both for myself as a customer and my customers who purchase through them ) Deal with tax complexities such as VAT allowing me to focus on developing and selling my software.

Cons

Not many. Their website / application is looking a little bit old. It's functional but a little bit dated.

Very stable and reliable e-commerce

We use Avangate for many years, recommend it to other people, etc. No problems with it, very professional and comfortable for use. Good support, stable payments.

Cons

Avangate is great for small companies thanks to its friendly costumer support

Pros

-Friendly and fast costumer support, -No upfront fees, -Automatic key delivery, -Multi language, -All the features you need to start selling online.

Cons

-Confusing dashboard until you get used to it. -Minimum payout, it isn't much but it's still there.

Great payment gateway solution for every everyone

Pros

First of all 2Checkout support team are awesome for their support. Their payment gateway solution is more awesome. It's fully hassle-free. My billing team likes 2Checkout for hassle-free. Now my company can take payments with PayPal and credit cards from my clients directly on my website without any hassle. Also, they have a perfect dashboard for use. I'm very satisfied using 2Checkout. I hope they keep up the good things and word.

Cons

I liked their Instant Notification System (INS) and Instant Payment Notification (IPN) most. The more awesome thing is clients can easily manage their order, subscription, invoice, and payment details from https://www.2co.com/.

Takes care of your payments

Very flexible implementations with a lot of functionalities, supports a lot of payment methods, allows convenient payment options for our customers.

Pros

Always great customer support, when requested, quickly provide solutions to problems. Having someone else handle the payments just allows us to worry about other aspects of the business, especially, makes it easier when having clientele from all over the world!

Cons

Quite a lot of double charges have occurred on separate occasions - basically all clients in a couple hour span got double charged, and the amount of accidents only confirms that it was definitely not the case of human error. Everything was solved quickly on their part, but it created inconvenience for the clients.

User friendly Product

Pros

User interface is very friendly and offer different features which makes it unique and best from the rest of the softwares. It is easy to configure and fairly cheap.

Cons

Dashboard takes little time to master it. Also there should be multiple withdrawals way. Customer support could be fast.

Satisfied User for almost 6+ years

Pros

Easy to setup and manage I have found 2CO very reliable during this time

Cons

The only con for me is the high percentage that I have been paying.

Terrible customer service

Pros

If you manage to get the right service support I think you will get a good value for money option

Cons

The APIs are outdated for Python. If you are developing on Python be prepared to downgrade the version of your software since the API is old and outdated. The customer service is terrible and non responsive. The support team does not respond in a timely manner. In addition, it only uses automated responses and does not attend to problems in a personalized way. Lack of technical support They decided not to approve my business, even if uploaded every single document they asked for. They didn't gave me a detailed answer to address the issue, they just cancel my account and sent me autogenerated email. So I waste development time and money.

Hello there! Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused. Please know that there are many factors that are taken into consideration when an account is reviewed. In general, all restrictive actions we take are to protect the partners and the customers from any negative scenarios. Regarding your concerns with our API, please know that the newest...

No-nosense e-commerce supplier

Pros

- it works well - easy invoicing - it's fairly cheap - it's based in Holland, so perfect to avoid VATMOSS issues - great support

Cons

The software stack can be a bit overwhelming at first; the UI could use a brush up here and there, but overall no major negative points.

The best payment provider

Pros

As a lebanese i struggle to get a payment provider 2checkout has helped me a lot in my dropshipping business and never let me down thank you

Cons

The withdraw option should be valid at anytime we need to withdraw but its ok now

Lots of features and excellent customer support

Pros

There are a lot of features included and after some time getting used to them I was able to configure everything the way I required it to be. The customer support is very responsive and helpful and it's excellence warrants the fairly high price.

Cons

Avangate merged with the horrible company 2Checkout (worst I've experienced in this sector!) earlier this year and plans to operate under the name of 2Checkout in the future. I'm very worried that things will go south in the aftermath of this merger and that the poor reputation of 2Checkout will damage my sales. If I had known this in advance I would not have become a customer of Avangate. - But due to Avangate's good performance in the past, I'll give them credit and hope for the best.

We've been partners for 10 years!

We trusted Avangate right from the beginning when they were launched, and we've had a great partnership ever since. We recommend them for the efficiency of their system and friendliness of their staff.

Pros

The widest range of supported payment methods in the world. Competitors don't come even close. Great marketing strategies for their affiliation system. Great team of passionate employees with quick feedback

Cons

platform not so flexible: some capabilities missing

Solid

Slowly getting the feel of it. Better inline plugin required for Wordpress but so far so good. I like the sales report system and customer care is much more helpful once you're approved than during application.

Pros

Easy checkout, concise sales reports and clear payment dates. The payoneer card integration is really great as well. The Google authenticator 2 factor login also makes me feel secure regarding access to my dashboard and funds.

Cons

The rigorous application process is lengthy and frustrating. Building a successful business online is very difficult and the last thing you want to feel as an Entrepreneur is to be subjected to scrutiny that makes you feel like you're a criminal when you just want to do business the right way. They need to make it more fluid and customer centred.

Not The 1st Choice When it Comes To Choosing Your Payment Processor

Pros

Their transaction fees are reasonable, and they do have a free monthly plan + %fees for sole traders and freelancers, unlike many other payment providers.

Cons

Their customer service, it took them more than 40 days to review my application, they recommended tons of changes for my webstore, after I changed everything they asked me to and followed all their policies and guidelines, they rejected my application without giving me a clear reason, afterward, no one ever replied to me discussing my issue and how they could help me resolve it.

Hello Sergio! Thank you for your honest feedback. We're happy that you've found value in our plans. We apologize for the delay you have experienced during the application process. We are currently dealing with a high number of applications, which is why this process is taking longer than usual. Please know that there are many factors that are taken into consideration when an account is reviewed....

Absolute Lo Jack

For the price You can't beat it!

Pros

Avangate's Absolute Lo Jack software helps to track your laptop (or other devices) by simply downloading their software on the device. How convenient is this?!

Cons

If the device is turned off I think the software stops tracking it, so if they do not turn on I still can't locate my device.

Discriminates against Christians

I believe they discriminated against my corporation for its Christian values and that it has a Cross in its logo.

Pros

Very easy interface for integrations, well known name

Cons

Application denied to sell products which others are selling via this software. So support took 24 hours to deny an account but never reached out to say why or check if their decision was sound or not.

Hello! Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please know that there are many factors that are taken into consideration when an account is reviewed. In general, all restrictive actions we take are to protect the partners and the customers from any negative scenarios. The most common reasons for closing accounts are generated by fraud...

My Experience using 2Checkout so far

I have used other platforms such as Stripe, PayPal and Square which seem to be MUCH easier to use and they pay the next business day or the following business day.

Pros

Cons

The platform is very complicated and not easy to understand or use. Also the delay in payments is about 2 weeks. Their fraud protection could use improvement. The platform is not very intuitive at all.

I'm mostly satisfied and will keep using Avangate

Pros

So far the service was very reliable. Flexible fulfillment options, flexible configuration. I recommend it to others.

Cons

Withdrawal options are very not flexible. I wish Avangate would allow multiple withdrawal ways adjustable on-the-fly.

Great customer service

Pros

I like their automatic billing process ,

Cons

On dashboad i did not get any instant chat support regarding to my queries, you should add instant chat option for account holder

Useful and easy

Definitly 2 checkout solved the direct purchase on my web, with all the security for the customers, once I had it the sales started easily. The support team is always available and quick in response. The process to refund a sale it's so easy and effective.

Pros

The integration with my page was so easy and the process to get the service, they were always in communication with me, takes a little more time that I expected, but at the end the waiting was value

Cons

The dashboard it's no so friendly, sometimes I feel that I can't find the things that I want to view easily.

Basically the only choice for non-USA and non-Europe world.

This service just does what is has to do, it is production ready and completely. Would I choose it again for another product? Yes, I would.

Pros

Awesome country support, completeness of product. Detailed info about and full control of payments and subscriptions.

Cons

Development process is not that smooth, not that easy to get started with, a lot of work is on developer.