Shift4Shop Reviews - Page 2

KL

Kristine L.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

This was MUCH better when it was 3dcart. It's garbage now, no support, and clunky.

I was a 3dcart customer, and the customer service, when they were owners, was very good. They were helpful, responsive, and patient. Shift4Shop who purchased them, is a complete 180 degrees from that. From flippant responses to legitimate questions on chat to ticket responses that take 10-14 days, there is simply NO value for the money. They bought out 3dcart, did nothing to improve anything,...

Pros

What made 3dcart (bought by shift4shop) unique, was that there was a control for even the most minute function, allowing the user to have a tremendous amount of grasp of the overall customer experience. It was confusing at times, but that was offset by the relative ease of obtaining help from technical support when it got difficult.

Cons

The CRM is absolutely stupid. I would get an email from a customer, sent to my email address, but in order to reply, I had to log back into the CRM screen. It was highly inconvenient, and I far prefer Shopify's version which pushes my response via email directly to the customer. I can respond in almost real time.

TB

Trevor B.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Decent platform, but ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE customer service.

While the program has a decent amount to offer, by far the worst part of it is your access to customer service or technical support. Their support structure is absolutely broken and makes it near impossible to get anything fixed. When you call, you only have access to their "Technical Support Specialists" who often hardly know anything when it comes to technical issues. There is often never a way to...

Pros

Shift4Shop (formerly 3dcart) is decent for small businesses that need a lot of included functionality fresh out of the box. You have access to a lot of tools if you know how to find and use them. Unfortunately, if any of these tools break or get held up, good luck getting help with fixing it.

Cons

By far the worst customer support I have experienced in a while. Many of the employees are quite kind and try hard to be helpful, but they send you around in circles and you can never talk to someone who is actually capable of resolving technical issues. Even when tickets are "elevated" and "marked as urgent" I run into the same issues of having to re-explain issues and getting nowhere. We are personally going on for over a month now with an unresolved issue that is significantly affecting our business. We have literally NOT MADE ANY PROGRESS on the issue, and it feels like I'm running in endless circles with their Tech Support team. I will go into further detail below.

MM

Megan M.

Printing, 11-50 employees

Good for the price

It's a decent ecommerce platform. Easy enough for beginners and best of all its free.

Pros

Shift4Shop (previously 3dcart) is a FREE website ecommerce platform. Unlike some of their competitors that charge you for every transaction, Shift4shop does not take a commission and they do not charge a monthly fee. It really is free, which is amazing. You do need to use their credit card processor, and the fee is 3%. But you will pay a CC processor no matter what, so ultimately the ecommerce website is still free. They have templates that are ready to go and are pretty decent. Updates are done automatically, so you don't need to be a techy to keep up (this was a concern when we previously self hosted and did Woocommerce). Ultimately we are happy and would recommend Shift4shop.

Cons

You have no control over some things. One time the entire website went down. Customer service told me I didn't even have a domain with them - even though it had been working and taking orders until the day before. And their customer service is not good. They are out of the country and have no control. Every issue needs to go to a different department. Which is not a big deal for small things, but when...

HW

Henry W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Effort Versus Cost

Having used the software for over a year, and keeping up to date with Shift4shop news and regularly scheduled fixes, we are fairly satisficed with the service. It was certainly a learning process, and we spent more time understanding the software than we would compared to a competing service, however the end result is acceptable. For a service that is mostly free to use, we have determined that the amount of work and learning required has been worth it.

Pros

We are constantly discovering new functions as the software is being used on a daily basis. Shift4shop truly has everything we need to operate a successful e-commerce business, and at no upfront cost (terms apply to that assessment). As far as we can determine, there are no essential features missing from the services that Shift4shop offers.

Cons

The software is most definitely not user-friendly for the common e-commerce entrepreneur. When we first starting using Shift4shop in early 2020, composing our storefront was a nightmare, and required that every member of our team need learn information, processes, and language just to navigate and operate the software. (Shift4shop does provide basic video tutorials for most functions, for new users).

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great Solution for Growing Online Sales

3dCart allowed our direct sale business to become an online business, with bells and whistles we thought would only be possible at a much higher monthly cost. We were able to develop a multi-state following, and offer incentives and loyalty programs, all for a very affordable monthly price. The headaches were minor in comparison to what 3dCart has done for us!

Pros

For a small, growing business with an ever-expanding product base, 3dCart meets the need for scalability, ease of adding product details, behind the scenes product management and point of sale tracking, giving a really good all-in-one place to track and grow without the heavy investment of some other popular solutions.

Cons

The printed reports are good, comprehensive, and useful; the ability to integrate them easily with other software is somewhat lacking; it can be done, but with some of the accounting software we tried, it was a difficult porting process. Customer service was as helpful as they could be, but many of our shortcomings became wish list suggestions for their developers.

JJ

James J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Run as Fast as you can Forest! Run!

We used them for 2 years and had minor problems up until the end. For the last 2 months, customers were unable to checkout, or connect to our payment processor. We put in like 5 hot tickets to get fixed and day after day nothing was fixed and support got ruder and ruder with us! We lost thousands of dollars online with this company and now they are chasing us for renewal payment after I have already closed my store! Simply put, this is bad software with a poor customer care staff!

Pros

We used them for 2 years and had minor problems up until the end. For the last 2 months, customers were unable to checkout, or connect to our payment processor. We put in like 3 to 5 hot tickets to get fixed and day after day nothing was fixed and support got ruder and ruder with us! We lost thousands of dollars online with this company and now they are chasing us for a renewal payment! Simply put, this is bad software with a poor customer care staff!

Cons

Oh, the loss of money and our customers getting turned away online. Measures right up to the lack of response to do anything by the customer care and tech support departments!

JP

Jim P.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Viewing On Line Commerce in 3D

We have been able to offer financed products through 3D Cart and Klarna which has helped our on-line sales. It appears that 3D cart has a ways to go to make their web services seamless for less than IT Manager level users.

Pros

Initially because it allowed us to utilize Klarna. As we converted from ARI, I found that the site was much easier to navigate and manage than ARI.

Cons

Sizing of the photos. Some of the pages require a specific size of photo which isn't readily available. I haven't identified the path to convert what I want to what will fit, so my photos aren't consistent and frankly look amateur. When asked, the 3D staff said that they don't have a solution for this.

JL

Jessica L.

Very Intense Shopping Cart

Having an oversized website can be a huge headache. But breaking things down to parts and structuring them to the 3D Cart system has made it much easier to keep things organized.

Pros

It works well with any level of developer. For beginners you can make and publish a product with just a name, pic and price. But the more savvy can get as detailed on the products and functionality as they want. The site even allows for custom programming and html mock ups. So as a simple to diverse system, this has been the best I've seen. And I have tried many platforms. This has been my favorite. And when they say "unlimited" they mean Unlimited.

Cons

Having such a large website sometimes things break and take time to fix. But they do have 24 hour support to help.

KP

Katie P.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Love my website!

Pros

Allows me to offer a large number a variations for my products Free shipping for specific items only Integration with Canada Post Huge database with How To info Helpful customer service, quick to phone and the chat feature is handy

Cons

Occasional glitches where buttons won't work or tricky to find some menu options templates are not very customizable unless you have strong coding skills

KH

Kelly H.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

There are better, easier solutions out there for the same costs

They had an excellent plan where you got the cart free if you used their payment processor. Then they changed that to charge if you did not process a certain amount through that payment processor. They decided to kill my legacy plan and delete my entire store and account out from under me without any warning. It was great until it wasn't.

Pros

They had an excellent plan where you got the cart free, if you used their payment processor. Lots of apps are included. Can use "out of the box" without having to add a bunch of paid options.

Cons

Their apps and setup are confusing and hard to figure out for someone just starting out. Single plan. One price good for established ecomm not good for start ups.

JW

Jared W.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Shift on past Shift4Shop and don't look back

Very negative. I gave it a try, they fell flat and didn't get up. I'm planning on taking my site down and finding a better solution that actually is stable and works.

Pros

Free, no fees except a processing percentage inline with other options.

Cons

Instructions to set up the site and transfer over your domain were missing. Hours wasted when I had to perform a specific ticket to get it to work that wasn't listed or documented. Setup is atrocious, not fluid, old outdated. I finished setup and took my site live and found out the credit card processing wasn't working. Several messages to support and the reply's back were so incoherent, no one could understand what they were saying. It wasn't even proper English or legible. I have missed over a month of sales because of how bad their processing setup is. Some of the support staff are ok, some shouldn't be allowed to work in the tech sector and should require adult supervision.

RJ

Robert J.

Retail, self-employed

Excellent product

I have used 3dCart for my online store probably for more than 10 years now, and I have been completely satisfied with their program and with their customer service. Their software is easy to use and easy to learn. I had them set up the program for me when I first began and it is still working smoothly today.

Pros

ease of use, updates are automatically applied and are not done very often so there is no disruption, excellent service support, flexible program can be easily customized, competitive pricing, excellent tutorials, no coding skill is necessary for use, good communication from the company from

Cons

too many options for add ons for similar types of add on modules, a lot of space wasted on the screen (better now with the latest upgrade), finding photos in file manager is difficult

BB

Bill B.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Great Company but difficult to get help when you need it

My overall experience until recently has been very good. I could generally figure out what I needed to do on my own. However, I don't it is anything special any longer.

Pros

Versatility, variety of plugins. Nice templates.

Cons

Customer service has really declined in the years I have used this software. When I first started you could get hold of someone early in the morning. Now it takes an executive order from Trump.

JS

Joel S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Coding required!

It was great for the time we had it. But, too much moving around with the interface and lots of coding to get things in the right layout. As powerful as it may be, we had to switch to something simpler.

Pros

It's a good e-commerce shopping cart for a majority of online sales. Offering a comprehensive e-commerce solution. It has retail multi-channel and marketing capabilities as well, an advanced customizable platform.

Cons

For the most part, would require someone who knows some html. In other words, not for basic users. And it offers limited themes. Most useful for doing things from scratch.

Stephen H.

Easy to use & great support

We wrote our own website prior to using 3dcart and when tablets & smart phones started to be a big chunk of the search & buying we had to do something. 3dcart's system is so much easier that writing code. You can have a product added within just a few minutes. The cost saving in time pays for it's self over and over again. Plus now it automatically adjusts for every size screen and type of device like the smart phones ect.

Pros

The program has just about everything we need and other stuff to grow into. The support people are great, they help us when needed and normally solve my issues and questions in a few hours or less.

Cons

They have changed over to a new platform last year but most of the knowledge base questions and answers are for the old platform. So the directions are misleading because stuff has moved around to different places on the site. They still allow use of the old platform and really should force customer's to use the new version and update the knowledgebase.

LB

Lillian B.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

It is fairly easier program to operate.

We use it to enter in orders for our durable medical equipment. It allows us to print and/or email invoices instantly to our customers.

Pros

The way the format is set up. They have made several improvements over the last couple of years. Some good and some are not.

Cons

There is an Icon at the lower left of the program for messages. It cannot me moved to another part of the screen and no way to opt out of having that feature according to customer service. Also, when you accidentally enter an invalid password IT TAKES FOREVER for it to go blank so the password can be re-entered. It reminds me of the old dial-up response before high speed. And last it does not always import into our QuckBooks correctly and is time consuming to figure out why.

MA

Mary A.

Retail, self-employed

From a blank page to a full site the little home brew store that could!

This was my first experience with a web page. I had to start our on line store. I had little or no experience with this sort of thing. I am proud to say our site is very easy to use. If I have a question or problem Customer Support is right there to help. I would recommend this to any one who needs a on line presents. If I can do you so can you!

Pros

The choices and ease of use. The little clips that walk me threw something that I am trying to do for the first time.

Cons

Not having a little clip in certain sections to walk me threw the first time. Wish you had more options like constant contact for news letters Then I would not need them and would be able to do it all in one spot.

DC

Domenico C.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

A great value for the money

Rather than spend the money at Shopify, you can save a lot and get a great website to sell your online products.

Pros

When I was looking into e-commerce platforms, a friend of mine recommended 3dcart. I had never heard of them but I'm glad I checked them out. They are located in the US, have great value for money and give control to build a great website.

Cons

If you aren't "tech" savvy, the customization is better left to a professional. Other than that, I really like the product offering and enjoy the user interface.

JL

Jim L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Big Upgrade from Yahoo

I was searching for a platform that had the bells and whistles which Yahoo merchant solutions missed so badly. I found it with 3d cart. They offer apps and plugins that are optional and paid elsewhere. Also, I have found their method of building options on products to be one of the most simple and time saving of any other platform - and I have used quite a few. Customer service is very responsive. They partner with great providers - i.e. FusionBot search has been wonderful in creating a custom solution for our site. Thanks, 3d cart, for saving me from the exorbitant fees and headaches Yahoo had me experiencing.

Pros

Full solution

Cons

hosting resources and bandwidth fees

PP

Patrick P.

Music, 1-10 employees

Discontinued Email Support

Pros

Cons

Stupidest decision in Cost Cutting these morons ever made by discontinung Smartermail for customers. Now we have to find a 3rd party to get Orders/Communications via email at additional cost. Worse yet the damn HOOPS we have to go thru to set that up with the 3rd Party provider is ridiculous. Sometimes in business "Cutting Costs" is "Cutting Your Own Throat". If we could get off this platform I would do it in a minute and we'll NEVER recommend them to anyone.

TK

Tom K.

I am amazed at how many good things 3D cart does.

Pros

It is feature rich. It does everything it should, and It even has modules that can be turned on that do even more. This is an excellent shopping cart and I now have three of them. Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

There are some things I would like to add, things I consider to be basic customizations, like the ability to add flat rate shipping at different rates per product. 3D Cart has for hire programmers to do it but for a steep price. I would like more affordable customizations.

Computer Networking,

Good start but ultimately had to switch

It was a great start for my eCommerce business

Pros

It's an all in one solution for eCommerce, has more features you'll need to start your business or run your online store at it's simplest form. Good customer service.

Cons

Lack of plugins and customization like Wordpress Woocommerce offers. Customization involves costly up sells from the 3dcart team. Exporting to another platform if and when you're ready is NOT clean and easy of a process. Was very messy to bring data to woocommerce.

LS

LORRAINE S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Tech support has been very helpful with my Google listing issues and directed me in how to resolve my issues. I was able to work within the software to make the necessary fixes.

Pros

I moved my store from another website host that use a very hard program to use. I found this software very easy to use and navigate. I was able to get my store up and running in a few days.

Cons

There is no way to make price adjustments without changing each one individually. It is repetitive and time consuming.

Silvanus O.

Dairy, 501-1,000 employees

3dCart does E_commerse BETTER

3dcart is one of its kind, i can always recommend this app to everyone that cares to build an online presence for their business. You will never regret using 3dcart. everything you need to sell online is on 3dcart!

Pros

using 3dCart you have great opportunity and access to everything you need for creating a complete eCommerce website, online store and blog on a free of charge basis As an aspiring seller, you don't have to own a factory before you can begin selling products online. the dropshipping platform by 3dcart is awesome There is a top notch SEO on 3dcart that helps you optimize your website to be seen by more visitors and consequently convert more of them into paying customers within few minutes you can sign up and set up your account. then begin to customize it with the numerous tools already available on the platform to suite what you have in mind for your business

Cons

The liability to be bear by small/upcoming seller using the drop shipping avenue could be more strictly dealt with such that the seller don't have to go through a lot of rigor to settle dispute that has to do wit orders.

A lot of glitches but it gets the job done

Pros

The one thing I do like about this software is that they are constantly updating and adding features. Products are easy to add. Orders are easy to manage.

Cons

The constant updates do cause glitches within the system. Unfortunately, customer service isnt always instant. I also wish there was more fields on the product page to add additional information. Fraudwatch is usually hit or miss. Sometimes it helps, most of the time it doesn't.