Shift4Shop Reviews - Page 3

DH

David H.

Used other for 1-2 years

A Shopping Cart Jammed with Features, But a few issues prevented us from staying with them..

Pros

3dCart has so many features it's awesome. You can tweak every product to have individual options and custom messages etc. It also can handle buy buttons that you can place on other websites. The individual product options were very impressive. The user interface was easy to use. Lots of third part applications are integrated as well.

Cons

The stock templates always felt very dated. The layout blocks for new top sellers and new items etc are features that are never used on todays professional websites. The in store search did not work well and the filtering options were extremely limited without an add-on...which was still limited. The Mobile functionality was somewhat broken and people were not able to checkout for a while. The Customer Service wasn't too bad. The Chat was easy to get in touch, but the people on the other side didn't seem to understand their own platform sometimes. The email support was super slow.

Scott B.

Shift4shop Best FREE Shopping Platform Out There

Pros

Like the fact that its an entire platform like all the rest you pay for but its FREE!

Cons

Not found any as of yet any negative issues

EJ

Eva J.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Greatest Value Shopping Cart

I have used many shopping carts such as Shopify, BigCommerce, VirtueMart (Joomla) and Miva 9, and 3dCart is by far the best. Many users claim that Shopify provides good SEO - yes and no. I found out that this is because Shopify automatically fill in the meta tag fields, so a novice user does not have to worry about SEO. Most of these other platforms have many restrictions and more meant for novice...

Pros

Easy to use, flexible, value for money

Cons

Setting up sub-categories can be a challenge

KT

Kevin T.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Shopping Cart made simple

We have had a very positive experience with the usability of 3d cart . I would recommend it.

Pros

The product is inexpensive and has a lot of canned features. For a company in need of an inexpensive solution, this is the one

Cons

lack of customizing. i have a bunch of clients that need stores. each client has a little nuance to their specific needs, 3d cart is limited in that way

Internet, 1-10 employees

3dcart Shopping cart software with a wide array of plug ins

We run quite a few businesses online and with 3dcart we have been able to use the different templates for our different businesses. We can use different payment gateways with 3dcart so this is great.

Pros

This software has a variety of templates that one can use. If you are technically savvy you can also make use of various other plugins. We liked it because ir can easily be integrated to google products as well.

Cons

Customer service seems to be a bit slow but when you do get someone, you are rest assured your problem will be solved.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Almost perfect

I find 3dcart easy to use and really do like the interface however many customers have had issues when shopping and I've often had to tell them to clear their cache/cookies so that the cart would work properly. This may be a bigger issue for me because I have repeat customers saving orders in their carts.

Pros

Easy to use inexpensive lots of designers will work with this cart

Cons

Some customers get logged and are not able to place orders.

JR

Jeff R.

Retail, self-employed

3D cart eCommerce experience

I have used 3dcart for over three years now and have 3 sites hosted with them. They are sharp on their customer support and the features are abundant. I would recommend them for a start up business or a ongoing business to launch a web site and become part of the eCommerce revolution.

Pros

All the features and the reliability of the company.

Cons

Pricey on the hosting plan I am on due to traffic but not reflected in my sales.

CS

Cindy S.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

New to 3dCart

So far so good. I am not live yet as I still need to figure out my payment processing gateway to use.

Pros

I really like all the various features that you can do with your online store. The amount of things I can do and adjust or add to my product listings is ten times more than the last online store company i used.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve for me. Also, when I originally called to inquire about this product I was assured that I could allow two currencies to be used for my customers as I serve USA and Canada. Once I got all set up though, I was advised that I can only use one currency at a time. If I want more, then I have to clone my store for more money and have a store for each currency.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Overall, pretty good

Pros

Good basic features for creating a website. Drag and drop and editing it pretty nice. Nice for small company Ecommerce site.

Cons

Lacking in more advanced features. Lacks sophisticated design and plugins like other platforms have.

NK

Nik K.

Great as a whole

Pros

The 3dcart-platform is a good starter e-commerce platform for those trying to launch a commerce store. It's easy to use and offers a complete e-commerce solution.

Cons

Not a huge fan of the different price-tier plans that they offer. If you're on the lower plans you seem to always exceed you bandwidth limit.

SC

Susan C.

Love it

Pros

We currently are using 3dCart as our e-commerce sales platform and this shopping car addon is certainly nice to have. It's very useful and easy to use. Everything is explained on the site.

Cons

No cons with 3dCart's shopping cart itself. My only beef is that the 3dCart platform is a little pricey.

Muddassar B.

Apparel & Fashion, 10,001+ employees

Build your Professional Online Store

I have a very professional experience with 3dcart because I have designed a professional online store using 3dcart. I really love that I can customize my store according to my requirements and it's fully secure.

Pros

3dcart allows you to build your beautiful online store. You can select your choice of payments with real-time shipping. If you want to increase your sales conversions then 3dcart is the best option for you. You can easily manage products, orders, and customers.

Cons

I never found any problem with adding the products or managing my dashboard. Everything is easy to learn and use without any kind of issues.

NN

Nghia N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Use it at your risk if you are a beginner!

Pros

Very friendly user interface and feature rich

Cons

Money grabber. Additional purchase of apps and features will continue to drain your money. Non-existing in-person support. Questions get answered after 24 hours. Good luck on demo and training. Everything regarding to money gets deferred to a non-working billing department. I left many unanswered messages and no responses.

DW

Dan W.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Still need to improve Support

I like it and have recommended many other businesses to use it.

Pros

The functionality and the broad way the platform was built to accept many different types of retailers.

Cons

The lack of logs that show me a range of activities on the site (mine, yours or customers).

CB

Clément B.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Shift4Shop

Pros

Its program has almost everything you need for better development the support people are great and are available to help you

Cons

Often the website breaks down and it's not interesting so you want to go elsewhere

AV

April V.

You will lose money

Not good

Pros

Once set up its easy to add product if it works correctly

Cons

My customers ALWAYS have problems with the payment screen at checkout. I've lost so much money with this account. Customers resort to calling me with their order because 9x out of 10 their is an issue with the site.

Ed S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Need to Sell Online? 3D Cart Makes it Happen!

Overall 3D Cart can take get your retail business online fast and efficiently.

Pros

3D helped us get our online up and running fast. Their system is easy to use and had a great set of features. We literally had our store up and running in just days! When we needed a hand, they were there.

Cons

A few more design options would be a great addition.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Great customer service

Overall solid trust worthy platform to build your ecommerce site with.

Pros

Easy to get ahold of custmer service when issues arrose.

Cons

Difficulties integrating with platforms such as facebook and instagram.

Greg A.

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Took two years to get ecomm site up and running

For our needs this was the best. None of the big three do absolutely everything. Requires lots of time and repetition to learn all the tricks, this is a deep program, but we have it do a lot and have it very customized.

Pros

Most everything is customizable if you can figure out how.

Cons

You will constantly run into something it doesn't do such as percentage pricing on options, but none of them do it all.

EF

Ella F.

Almost a perfect program, but there are a few kinks that need to be worked out.

Pros

The software is quite user friendly after learning the in's and out's. It makes cataloging orders super easy.

Cons

Occasionally the system can get very glitchy and mess up the final total cost of items purchased from the store. There seems to be a disconnect sometimes which can be very frustrating.

SR

Scott R.

11-50 employees

Good Solution if you are looking for a template builder!

Pros

The ability to switch the overall look of the site is very simple. There are various templates available as well.

Cons

It is a bit pricey and has a lot of restrictions regarding products. If you wanted to upload a decent amount of products to your site, the monthly fee is pretty high.

Carlos Adrián V.

I use this cart now only by the point of sale

Pros

The software is good, but it is very difficult to integrate with other tools, I had to use zapier to be able to automate all my processes, but in general it has worked correctly

Cons

the addons are very expensive, it is difficult to develop something extra, the support by chat is not live, in reality they generate tickets and take a few hours to answer, you can not use your own SSL, it is necessary to buy one with them

JA

Joe A.

Retail, self-employed

Great Value & Support

3dCart is my fourth ecommerce platform, best so far, great features for the money. There are some basic things like better Captcha that are desperately needed, as well as better flexibility on promotions, but they are improving. So far customer support has been outstanding.

Pros

value, features, support

Cons

minor things, need better Captcha.

SV

Shannon V.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Shift4Shop

Overall, I like the product. And it serves it's purpose for our business.

Pros

It was fairly easy to set up my store, although there was a learning curve associated with getting it set up. I like that it integrates with our credit card processing company, Payjunction.

Cons

Customer service could be better. It takes support a few days to respond

RH

Robert H.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

3d Cart Software

Https has given us better search results. Which is available inhouse

Pros

The back end is very organized to include opening up new pages and most importantly SEO areas. With updates Google aims at e-commerce websites, the 3dcart software is a day at the beach.

Cons

I personally can't think of a single area. If images were available awesome however we found it's best to obtain that with a camera.