Authorize.Net Logo

Authorize.Net

Credit card processing for small & medium business merchants

Authorize.Net Reviews - Page 2

I use Authorize.Net in my daily job to process credit card transactions.

Pros

I like that it is so easy to edit an existing subscription. It is also easy to search any recent transactions.

Cons

I don't like that the "back" button doesn't really work here. Like if I don't search the right thing at first I have to go back to the search screen instead of the results screen. If that makes sense.

Excellent, inexpensive, service provider with free fraud protection tools . Great customer support.

Pros

I like that it provides fraud protection tools that gives me peace of mind while handling my information. I also like the professional payment seal. I also like that it has been in business over 20 years. It makes me feel more secure that an established company will be handling my payments. They accept all forms of payments which make it easier for my customers and helps increase my sales.

Cons

I know they are inexpensive but when business is slow, I would prefer that I wouldn't be charged the same fees.

Authorize.net gives our customers more flexability and convenience

Overall, Authorize.net helped us solve the problem we were having collecting credit card payments securely.

Pros

Authorize.net has made it possible for us to accept payment from our customers even when they're not present. Parents can also pay for college students repairs.

Cons

There is no text to pay feature. Right now we can only email invoices. Also, there is no integration with our point of sale so we have to create a separate invoice in order to collect payment.

Solid payments platform

They provide tons of utilities and tools to aid in PCI compliance, such as the ability to store customer card data on their servers so you're not responsible for storing payment card data, which lets you get away with the lower levels of PCI compliance.

Pros

Authorize .net is a very solid and reliable payment platform. Excellent support for almost any programming language that exists.

Cons

As with many large companies, getting actual personal support can be a nightmare. But, the online resources for help are pretty good.

A great payment processor

Pros

The fees structure and the way that the fees are taken out work better and make more sense than many of the other options.

Cons

I think the way that Echecks are processed could be a lot better. They are a little confusing and lagged.

Authorize.Net

Overall, I would not recommend Authorize.Net for small companies. I feel they are too expensive and their setup procedures much too complicated.

Pros

Authorize.Net is if nothing else, serious about security. I feel its above-and-away the most secure payment processing application on the market. I used it when I was first starting out in business and for the most part, I feel I was well taken care.

Cons

For my processing needs, I felt Authorize.Net was too expensive. I can appreciate their dedication to security, but the initial setup was long and cumbersome. Also, I was very taken back when they pulled a credit report without informing me of their intention to do so.

An easy and effective way to collect money and funds

A quick, safe, and easy way to collect money and donations

Pros

We are a non-profit ministry and receive much of our support through Authorize.net. It is an easy way to collect and also offers great features like reoccurring payments, user specified amounts, etc

Cons

One con of Authorize.net is that there is a fee with each donation or gift, which can add up quickly. It also some of it's features and functionality seem more basic and look more outdated and less stylistic.

Standard Payment Gateway

Authorize is fine as a gateway but not one I would recommend above Stripe for accepting payments. I would recommend it over Paypal, but I still tend to suggest most people consider Stripe.

Pros

Authorize.net is a simple gateway allowing you to process credit card payments and ACH transactions. It's integrated with lots of applications out there, which provides a great amount of flexibility.

Cons

The UI is very dated and overall system is a bit antiquated. I'd much rather use Stripe as a gateway. They also charge a gateway access fee, which Stripe doesn't charge.

Current User of Authorize.net

Hotel Bookings

Pros

It is a well established secure platform for processing payments.

Cons

Their interface is quire outdated. Also it is very difficult to browse through numerous sections and find what you are looking for.

fairly easy to use but could stand a few updates

Pros

Easy to access reports. Easy to charge a card online. Clean website appearance. I use the transaction reports on a near daily basis, it also shows declined transactions which is nice.

Cons

I wish that it was easier to find chargebacks and other charges. I would also be nice if the batch reports showed totals so that I could more easily match to my bookkeeping software.

Authorize

Pros

Solid software. We never had any issues with this while we were using it to process our payments

Cons

Compared with other payment authorization software it didn't have the most up to date features.

Pretty sufficient

Pros

Very simple to use. Integrates with our CRM and website payments.

Cons

I’ve had no real issues this far. If any error occurs, maybe a client being charged twice, it’s easily fixed.

Useful but complicated

The support is readily available and able to walk you through problems, tools and anything else. It is very powerful and you can generally be hands off. It's fraud tools helped us track down someone testing stolen credit cards against our account and block them via IP. The support was also able to wave fee's associated with the fraud from our account.

Pros

The fraud tools are great at identifying fraud. The support is easy to contact and very knowledgeable.

Cons

The menu's are complicated and dense. It can be hard to find the tool you are looking for, especially if you don't use it every day.

Competent platform, but falling quickly out of date

We have had a successful number of years using authorize.net, and it has made a great alternative to other payment gateways that we've used. However in recent months we've been feeling the limitations of the platform, and so we're now looking at migrating.

Pros

Authorize.net have a great range of features such as subscription, storing customer data, email notifications for payments made. This suite of features is essential for the day to day running of our business. Vastly improved customer support.

Cons

Payments take a long time to clear. The UI of the authorize.net seems very dated and is clunky to use.

Not an easy or fun experience

Pros

This is a widely used and accepted software. Lots of clients and their purchasing power makes their rates competitive.

Cons

User experience is terrible and disjointed. Impossible to look at your account holistically. Customer service was dreadful and not at all helpful. Outages were plentiful as were timeouts and errors.

This is a great product!

I have used other processors and think this one is top notch. There are work arounds we have had to do with other processors to get a processor for our online cart as well as keyed in entries and that will do recurring billing. Authorize.net does it all with one processor.

Pros

I loved that it had recurring billing capabilities and that when a card declined, it would give a reason why.

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like about this software.

Organized Financing

Pros

I use this software minimally but what I manage is charging payments and running reports. It's very easy to find past charges and they make it easy to keep track but providing ID numbers on every transaction.

Cons

I don't use all features on this product but I have not had any problems with the area I manage. Payments and Reporting.

Great to securely add new clients to your company

Pros

Authorization reviews are solid with different approve decline levels

Cons

Not a thing! Solid services that make adding new users easy

Very efficient and easy to use.

Pros

I like that you can run searches of different transactions and in various ways, make looking at inquiries easy and efficient.

Easy Way to Run Credit Cards

This software makes it very simple to run credit cards, and the funds go directly into our account with no issues. The small fees the company charges are reasonable. If the card declines, you would have to re-enter all the information to try again; it would be nice if you could go back and just make whatever changes necessary to run the card successfully. Other than that, I would recommend this program to other businesses.

A Great Payment Gateway

Pros

One of its best features is how well it integrates with other systems. It's been an industry standard for years and is a safe bet when your payment processor needs to play nice with other programs.

Cons

Some of the search features aren't the most user friendly for me and took some getting used to.

Auth.net

Overall good software for a beginner, easy to learn if you aren't to techy but beware of hidden fees.

Pros

Pretty easy to use. I took about an hour or so to learn how to run transactions and refunds.

Cons

Fees are a little high and will charge even if you are not using the account.

Easy to use!

It has worked great. Refunds are easy. It is very simple to use without instruction. It automatically links to the website.

Cons

The service they provide is very valuable but sometimes hard to navigate.

Pros

The ability to refund transactions and review fraudulent charges is quite helpful and the ability to see the transactions and get some data is helpful.

Cons

Sometimes finding the location for the action you need to perform is a bit time consuming and cumbersome.

Great service, but dated interface

Pros

I love the ability to search for past transactions, make refunds, as well as make settings changes online with just a few clicks.

Cons

The user interface seems neglected, which has led to a UI that is very dated.