Authorize.Net Logo

Authorize.Net

Credit card processing for small & medium business merchants

Authorize.Net Reviews - Page 3

The service they provide is very valuable but sometimes hard to navigate.

Pros

The ability to refund transactions and review fraudulent charges is quite helpful and the ability to see the transactions and get some data is helpful.

Cons

Sometimes finding the location for the action you need to perform is a bit time consuming and cumbersome.

Great service, but dated interface

Pros

I love the ability to search for past transactions, make refunds, as well as make settings changes online with just a few clicks.

Cons

The user interface seems neglected, which has led to a UI that is very dated.

Simple

Pros

Everything is pretty straight forward and intuitive.

Cons

No online portal for customers to make payments and occasional permissions errors.

Great option for eComm merchants

Pros

Very welcoming gateway for merchants - especially those that deal with outside the norm products (ex. cannabis).

Cons

Their fees might be a hair higher but because they take on merchants that other gateways don't, it's usually worth it.

Great option for small businesses or even larger businesses as well

Will continue to use because of the merchant account and all the online features but I would like to see some improvement in the mobile application.

Pros

Easy to charge and run credit cards. Has good tracking and history reports. Love the automated recurring billing feature as well.

Cons

The app has some work to do in order to be more useful. It only works half the time and I have to constantly re-pair the card reader. Could be a card reader issue but it makes it very difficult if you have a line of customers and you have to re-pair the device.

Works great...until it doesn't...

Customer support is fairly competent but several were smug. And I'm not only referencing the issue I had with the transaction limit (where I was obviously frustrated), I have had several communications and about half were less than friendly/helpful. Never saying anything overtly negative, but just bad attitudes and not treating people like valued customers.

Pros

Competitive rates. Set up was relatively smooth,.

Cons

1) No alerts when you're nearing your transaction limits. 2) Going over your transaction limits is VERY painful - they hold on to your funds and request a ton of information (more than I gave them when we signed up), and once you've hit your limit, you're funds are permanently on hold until you jump through all of their hoops (e.g monthly transaction limit of $X, monthly transactions of $X - $1 = no problems, monthly transactions of $X + $1 and your account is frozen indefinitely, even when the next month comes and you're assuming that you have $X limit again - NOPE!).

There are better options

I dont like it as well as stripe, which we also use.

Pros

Timely processing and payment deposits. I also like that i can run a transaction manually very easily. It is also very easy to process refunds.

Cons

The challenge I always have with this software is that it is impossible to reconcile deposits to charges. There is not one good report that shows how fees are calculated.

Reliable and Affordable

Overall, it's been good. They're not as hard to deal with in terms of chargebacks as some of their main competitors.

Pros

Pretty easy to set up in the WordPress installs we use it on, and never had an issues with reliability.

Cons

The costs are normally higher than some of our alternatives, and sometimes it doesn't have as many features like in-application refunds with WooCommerce.

Good Payment Gateway

Pros

Fairly simple and easy enough payment gateway for new users to understand. It made the entire process of setting up payment on our company site a little easier. Some of the reports they offer are great for record keeping purposes.

Cons

There have not yet been any downsides to using this software in the past year.

Good merchant account software

Set up Authorize.net for several client E commerce sites the past 6 years to accept cc payment. Tool works ok but too many moving parts and complicated.

Pros

Good merchant account

Cons

Their merchant account website is outdated and not very user-friendly. It's also over complicated. Also, when processing a manual order, if you take too long entering a new order, it times out and you have to re-type all of the client info again!

Fastest and Easiest to accept credit cards

Pros

Authrize.net is so simple to use and you can start accepting credit cards instantly and get your deposits fast. It's the easies out there.

Cons

Authroize.net in our work place has been smooth and have not had any issues so far.

Safe and Easy to Use

Pros

Authorize.Net makes it really easy to process and capture card transactions in a safe way. It also has an easy process for refunds. I am very happy with the software for my business.

Cons

There is nothing about Authorize.net that I do not like currently.

Simple, easy, and effective way to get payments!

Pros

Our team mainly uses this software for the credit card processing for our events. It's quick, amazingly reliable, and super easy to use. I appreciate the time value of this software and love how quickly I can collect card information.

Cons

I wish the software had a live link or a way for clients to be able to access the link to put their own credit card information in rather than us having to do it ourselves.

An awful, confusing journey of hoops to jump through

I would never use Authorize.net again. Any client that I have that uses Authorize.net, I refuse to work with.

Pros

There's really nothing good I can say about Authorize.net

Cons

Where to start? Customer service is absolutely clueless. Trying to set up and account and integrations is worse than pulling teeth on a toddler. The amount of fees for transactions is RIDICULOUS.

Great for a larger business with budget

It's ok.....love the platform, not the cost.

Pros

We love how it integrates with our web presence seamlessly after setup

Cons

there are other more cost-effective options that have better merchant service fees and transaction fees for a small non-profit such as us.

Excellent product, but is not always great for customer service

Pros

Authorize.Net allows you to receive payment from your clients with ease by taking credit card information and allowing our finance department easy access. It is quick and usually painless

Cons

I wish there was a way of knowing why a CC was declined, or being able to send a code to your client so you didn't have to call them for each payment that is made.

Does what I need it to do

Pros

We use Authorize.net to take payments for various events, programs, and membership dues. My favorite thing about it is that it is easy to use. This is the first payment gateway that I had ever used and it was very easy to learn how to search, make payments, and pull reports with no help.

Cons

I have never had a problem with Authorize.net. However, I have had people call and ask for data in our account who were not Authorize.net representatives. They tried to walk me through different steps as if they were affiliated with them in some way.

Nothing to compare it too

It works for what I need it for, and is pretty easy to get the info/reports needed.

Pros

It's easy enough, it links up to the donation database we use (which is the main reason I chose it).

Cons

I'm not sure if it's coincidental or not, but a few people's cards got fraudulent notifications just after making a donation through the site.

Warning ( Dont do this mistake )

Zero support

Pros

I changed to stripe kept away from this company also they check your credit report

Cons

its garbage software i closed after 6 months they send collection for 50 $ they did even call me or email me just collection

Authorize.net is good, though data analysis is clunky

Pros

Authorize.net seems like a bare-bones commerce solution software. I am able to make ecommerce possible through buttons, though there are limitations to the design of the button (much like PayPal), and the payment pages are straight-forward. The coding to add to the website is clear, which is helpful.

Cons

I do no like that payments are organized by day and you cannot research payments made according to the category of payment. The data retrieval is not user-friendly, and it means that a lot of time will be spent just researching a customer's payment details.

Great way to connect business to customer payments

Pros

Implementing authorize.net allows us to process payments from customers and automatically update accounts receivable in our software. Makes it very simple to use.

Cons

A little confusing in terminology when setting everything up, but once it is setup it works great so far.

Great payment processing software

Pros

This is a great payment processing software. It's very easy to take customer payments or even refund them when needed.

Cons

The reporting functions could be a little bit more user friendly and have more options for getting information.

Great product & super easy to navigate!

We use this product for payment of Planning Fees - it is AWESOME! We have it linked to our website so the client can pay their annual fee through our website or they can give us the card to process ourselves.

Pros

Ease of use! Super easy on the back end and for clients!

Cons

None

A reliable payment processor

Pros

- Easy account setup - Web portal with tons of tools - Comprehensive reporting tools - Entire accounting team and some customer service reps

Cons

- Searching for transactions can sometimes be finicky

Non-Compliant & Cumbersome

Disappointed as they have not caught up with new compliance requirements. So we had to leave.

Pros

It's not very difficult to locate a payment profile and remove it from your system, or to effectuate a refund rather easily.

Cons

Not compliant with PCI DSS v3.2- doesn't offer multi factor authentication. When I reached out to them, after 3.2 became mandatory, and inquired as to when this PCI-required MFA feature would be implemented and the calmly told me it wasn't even on their roadmap. Ancient, cumbersome, and worst of all- it's not even compliant.