Authorize.Net Logo

Authorize.Net

Credit card processing for small & medium business merchants

Authorize.Net Reviews - Page 4

Tried and True Payments

Pros

Authorize.net has been around for a long time, and it's easy to see why. They make it easy to integrate between merchant accounts and processors and our ecommerce platforms.

Cons

If you're new to using it, there's somewhat of a learning curve to understand the language that's used. Authorize doesn't do a great job of educating their customers.

Merchant Gateway at its best

Authorize.net features easy to use and very user friendly software. The program has awesome search features, easy to access reporting and awesome fraud protection and filters in place. This is by far the best gateway I have used and I have used more than a few in the past.

Authorize .Net

Pros

This product appears easy to use, having used a similar product. Both products seem to function the same.

Cons

The initial set up was a little confusing, asking for a credit card which I never gave because the charges for this were to be charged through the bank.

Good, but costly.

Pros

I have used Authorize.net for credit card transactions at several businesses. It has always been reliable and easy to manage. I've always felt it was quite safe and secure.

Cons

The per transaction charge is high in comparison to other competitors (for merchant accounts). Whenever we did have issues, the customer service was a bit lacking.

Stay FAAAAR away!

No benefits, only problems.

Pros

They're dated and they don't play fair, and that's why disruptive companies like Stripe and Square are making Authorize.net fall out of the public eye. I wish I could share something positive here so you don't just mistake this review for someone who had a bad experience. However, I'm unable to find even one thing to state here. They don't even let you keep the funds you receive from customers. If you choose to go with Authorize.net, just be VERY careful. (Whatever that means.)

Cons

If they play that game with you, call your bank and issue a chargeback on them. Don't concede to this company or they'll just keep taking advantage of you.

Authorize.net

Pros

What I liked most about Authorize.Net was that it was relatively easy to use for invoicing.

Cons

What I liked least about Authorize.Net was that there were so many things on there that things get hidden!

Does what it needs to, but is a bit more expensive than we anticipated

Authorize.net was referred to us by our bank, so we went with them. On paper the fees and rates seemed reasonable. Once we started using it, the fees mounted and they routinely add new ones. I spoke with customer service and they say that our agreement allows them to add and/or change fees without any recourse. We haven't been thrilled, but we have 1 year left on our contract. Read the fine print. Watch out for annual fees, etc. There are lots of options out there and we would choose differently if we knew then what we know now.

READ THE FINE PRINT...IF THERE IS ANY

Pros

The reason we chose them in the first place is that they integrate well with software we use for our customers.

Cons

From the minute we signed up I knew there would be issues. They hold your money, decide to shut down your account for absolutely no reason and then decide to hold your money for 120 days. First it was 3-5, than 5-7 than possibly 3-5 on top of the 5-7. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY AND SANITY.

This reviewer only left a rating

This reviewer only left a rating

Simple and Easy To Deploy

Overall, after the initial phone calls and emailing documents, its been a pleasure using the service. No headaches and it just sits in the background doing what its supposed to be doing.

Pros

I like the ease of use. and ease of deployment of the service. my main reason for using it is because ITS not all the other providers out there. its a REAL merchant account.

Cons

The actual process to get approved is LONG and kind of a pain because it is a REAL merchant account, they also do a hard pull on your credit, which was less t Han ideal but a pessary evil to get the service.

A Bit Dated, But Functional

Overall, positive experience. Had one day where the servers went down and were unable to take payment for a couple hours. Other than that, zero outages or complaints.

Pros

We've had very little problems with fraudulent payment attempts. Security settings are quite customizable and ease of setup is good.

Cons

The interface is a little outdated. Other processors like Square and Stripe feel more sleek and modern, more navigable.

Slow Payments, Convoluted Explanations for Account Use

Overall, Authorize.net has some benefits like customer trust and fraud prevention and if you are good at code, it might be great for you. Otherwise it seems a little outdated and complicated to set up and use beyond their automated features.

Pros

I do like that Authorize.net is pretty widespread in its use, and that I feel I can implement it in a variety of mediums including SuiteDash CRM and Payments, my website, etc. It is rather versatile in that sense and allows for customization or more simplicity if needed.

Cons

If you are doing anything beyond setting up Authorize.net with them directly and having them manage your processor, it is really difficult to figure out what to do and what you need. Customer service is great, but I prefer to just get things done on my own without multiple phone calls to set things up. Payments come slowly and it just overall feels really outdated for me.

Payment Processor Easy to Use

Pros

Easily connects to backend of websites. Stores credit cards as tokens and is safe and easy

Cons

Hard to find transactions, have to know the last 4 of the credit card and the date the credit card was processed.

Authorize.net easy to navigate and great support

Authorize.net is always there in the background of every credit card transaction whether online or in person, but you never notice it because it integrates so seamlessly with all my other programs

Pros

Authorize.net is very easy to navigate as an admin, you can set up parameters and change company info on your own without support, but if you do need support, the support team is easy to contact and very helpful. Also the reporting is easy and comprehensive.

Cons

The set up with my bank was a bit cumbersome, perhaps because we have a Hawaii bank? The time difference between where authorize.net is located and Hawaii caused a couple of reconciliation problems until I realized that some of yesterdays transactions are on todays reports, once I figured that out the reporting was a breeze.

Payment Gateway But Not Exactly a Payment Processor

Although I liked the flexibility of a separate CC processor and gateway with Authorize.Net, I ultimately switched to a different provider that could provide full service payment processing and gateway services all together. I may be paying slightly higher processing fees, it is just easier to have it all together in one place.

Pros

At one time Authorize.Net was only one of a handful of payment gateways for small business. They do that well and have a feature-rich customer portal. They are also widely supported by the various eCommerce platforms.

Cons

Be aware that Authorize.Net is not a CC card processor but a payment gateway that can be paired with a CC processor. There are a many one-stop alternatives available today. You might be able to get a better discount rate with a CC processor/Authorize.Net combo, but it is certainly more hassle.

Basic processor

We have used AuthorizeNet for over 20 years for our business. The product is solid and stable.

Pros

The easy to navigate menus are very intuitive and simple. You can easily find what you need quickly plus it has a QuickBooks download feature.

Cons

In the transaction statistics report there are no hyperlinks to expand the report data. This is a minor thing, you just need to go to the Reports, but it's a feature some other processors have.

Great app, very reliable Gateway

Pros

Easy to implement, easy to use, very secure, great support I love that we have the ability to configure FRAUD traps and that help us to check flagged transactions.

Cons

I really do not have anything to ask. So far we have all functionalities we need.

Fastest and Easiest to accept credit cards

Pros

Authrize.net is so simple to use and you can start accepting credit cards instantly and get your deposits fast. It's the easies out there.

Cons

Authroize.net in our work place has been smooth and have not had any issues so far.

Payment Authority

Pros

I liked most the ease of use and the many functions available to facilitate payments. I felt like I was in full control over how the payment flow went

Cons

I didn't like the cost of the software and the lack of support offered to make payments for the software easier

It's been great for our business

Authorize.net has been super simple and straight forward to use. I've been able to cancel a charge that was made in error before it even hit a card. I get full details of who is purchasing and how much. I can look up transactions easily. It's been a great second backup system for us as far as credit card records. It's been very easy to implement on our website and we've been very happy.

Pros

I have loved using Authorize.net. Often I have to go back thru our credit card records to check how much was charged or how much was refunded. It's great to be able to look up via credit card number or names. Customer service has always been excellent whenever I've needed to contact them. I also like that I'm able to run reports of all of our transactions when I'm trying to compartmentalized different amounts and categories. It works well with our registration system.

Cons

I wish that we were able to issue refunds after the 3 month period. I know we can lose some of our security measures to allow our system to automatically refund but we don't want to do that. Instead we take the cc number and manually enter it into a different refund system for those return that are past 3 months. I think the security issue is a mandated issue and there is not much Authorize can do. I do wish the downloads went to a simpler to read excel format but I tend to take the CSV file and do what I need to do to make it work.

Very Useful CC Gateway

Authorize.net is really a payment gateway for your site or business. We have utilized the mobile application for 1 off transactions and have been pleased with how it works. It is not made to be your whole inventory tracker in the least bit, but it does its job for the occasional transaction. We have been using the gateway on our sites for years. We have used Magento, and WooCommerce and now Shopify for our site. We did have some issues with WooCommerce and finding plugins for the payment gateway that worked for all we needed it to. That being said, for the majority of the time it has worked. Thank you

Pros

It really has never failed us when utilizing the application to run transactions on the go. It has worked for us for years.

Cons

Integrations with WooCommerce has proven difficult at times. We have utilized the official plugin for some time, but that has recently started to have problems for us. We ended up switching to a new backend for our site. We'll probably still be utilizing Authorize.net though.

Gets the job done with hardly any issues ever.

Pros

Authorize.net is our payment gateway, as we are a company that runs several credit card transactions daily. The fees are minimal, the customer service has always been great (even if, at times, the reasons I had to call we're not so great), and the website is about the simplest one I've ever used, considering all of the information it processes. We don't use any POS devices, just the website, but that's still MORE than enough for us.

Cons

I wish it was easier to edit ARB subscriptions; for example, if I want to simply change the date that a customer's auto-charge runs, I have to actually delete the whole thing, and create a new one to reflect the date change. That's pretty annoying, but for a website that hasn't really changed much in the 12 years since I first began using it, I can only expect so much at this point.

AUTHORIZE FOR NON PROFIT DONATION MANAGEMENT/PROCESSING

Customer service and adaptability of the system with our CRM has been very positive for us. When we adopted our new CRM system along with the the hosted website managed by the same CRM system, we were not sure how everything would integrate, but our donation links and sponsorship links that take contributors directly to Authorize for processing have never let us down.

Pros

Authorize integrated flawlessly with our CRM system. It was one of several options for donor management and processing that was compatable with our CRM. We researched each available system and Authorize was both suggested by a fellow non profit as well as seemed to meet our requirements.

Cons

Transaction charges seem to be the biggest issue that we have. There are industry averages for processing various cards, and Authorize is on par with other systems. It is unfortunate that Authorize does not offer a non-profit processing rate or possibly a flat rate that is well below what would be offered to a for profit organization.

Adequate Payment Gateway

Overall, I think there is a reason nearly every organization I've worked with uses this payment gateway. It works well and is fairly intuitive.

Pros

I've used Authorize.net as a payment gateway at multiple organizations. It is fairly easy to use and intuitive when it comes to basic functions like payment processing, refunds, looking up transactions. They have a live chat customer support feature which is really handy.

Cons

The security features can be very confusing and the resources they have for explaining them are adequate but could be a little more clear. Sometimes the instructions on their FAQs dont seem to match what I actually see on my screen, so I've had to reach out to customer support for pretty basic stuff. Luckily their customer service is pretty good.