Authorize.Net Logo

Authorize.Net

Credit card processing for small & medium business merchants

Authorize.Net Reviews - Page 6

Simple and Easy To Deploy

Overall, after the initial phone calls and emailing documents, its been a pleasure using the service. No headaches and it just sits in the background doing what its supposed to be doing.

Pros

I like the ease of use. and ease of deployment of the service. my main reason for using it is because ITS not all the other providers out there. its a REAL merchant account.

Cons

The actual process to get approved is LONG and kind of a pain because it is a REAL merchant account, they also do a hard pull on your credit, which was less t Han ideal but a pessary evil to get the service.

A Bit Dated, But Functional

Overall, positive experience. Had one day where the servers went down and were unable to take payment for a couple hours. Other than that, zero outages or complaints.

Pros

We've had very little problems with fraudulent payment attempts. Security settings are quite customizable and ease of setup is good.

Cons

The interface is a little outdated. Other processors like Square and Stripe feel more sleek and modern, more navigable.

Slow Payments, Convoluted Explanations for Account Use

Overall, Authorize.net has some benefits like customer trust and fraud prevention and if you are good at code, it might be great for you. Otherwise it seems a little outdated and complicated to set up and use beyond their automated features.

Pros

I do like that Authorize.net is pretty widespread in its use, and that I feel I can implement it in a variety of mediums including SuiteDash CRM and Payments, my website, etc. It is rather versatile in that sense and allows for customization or more simplicity if needed.

Cons

If you are doing anything beyond setting up Authorize.net with them directly and having them manage your processor, it is really difficult to figure out what to do and what you need. Customer service is great, but I prefer to just get things done on my own without multiple phone calls to set things up. Payments come slowly and it just overall feels really outdated for me.

Payment Processor Easy to Use

Pros

Easily connects to backend of websites. Stores credit cards as tokens and is safe and easy

Cons

Hard to find transactions, have to know the last 4 of the credit card and the date the credit card was processed.

Authorize.net easy to navigate and great support

Authorize.net is always there in the background of every credit card transaction whether online or in person, but you never notice it because it integrates so seamlessly with all my other programs

Pros

Authorize.net is very easy to navigate as an admin, you can set up parameters and change company info on your own without support, but if you do need support, the support team is easy to contact and very helpful. Also the reporting is easy and comprehensive.

Cons

The set up with my bank was a bit cumbersome, perhaps because we have a Hawaii bank? The time difference between where authorize.net is located and Hawaii caused a couple of reconciliation problems until I realized that some of yesterdays transactions are on todays reports, once I figured that out the reporting was a breeze.

Payment Gateway But Not Exactly a Payment Processor

Although I liked the flexibility of a separate CC processor and gateway with Authorize.Net, I ultimately switched to a different provider that could provide full service payment processing and gateway services all together. I may be paying slightly higher processing fees, it is just easier to have it all together in one place.

Pros

At one time Authorize.Net was only one of a handful of payment gateways for small business. They do that well and have a feature-rich customer portal. They are also widely supported by the various eCommerce platforms.

Cons

Be aware that Authorize.Net is not a CC card processor but a payment gateway that can be paired with a CC processor. There are a many one-stop alternatives available today. You might be able to get a better discount rate with a CC processor/Authorize.Net combo, but it is certainly more hassle.

Basic processor

We have used AuthorizeNet for over 20 years for our business. The product is solid and stable.

Pros

The easy to navigate menus are very intuitive and simple. You can easily find what you need quickly plus it has a QuickBooks download feature.

Cons

In the transaction statistics report there are no hyperlinks to expand the report data. This is a minor thing, you just need to go to the Reports, but it's a feature some other processors have.

Great app, very reliable Gateway

Pros

Easy to implement, easy to use, very secure, great support I love that we have the ability to configure FRAUD traps and that help us to check flagged transactions.

Cons

I really do not have anything to ask. So far we have all functionalities we need.

Fastest and Easiest to accept credit cards

Pros

Authrize.net is so simple to use and you can start accepting credit cards instantly and get your deposits fast. It's the easies out there.

Cons

Authroize.net in our work place has been smooth and have not had any issues so far.

Payment Authority

Pros

I liked most the ease of use and the many functions available to facilitate payments. I felt like I was in full control over how the payment flow went

Cons

I didn't like the cost of the software and the lack of support offered to make payments for the software easier