BigCommerce Reviews - Page 2

SaaS shopping cart made easy

Pros

Easy to use and has some great functionality.

Cons

As always with SaaS platforms there's always a feeling of features missing, slow progress to make changes, dealing with bugs and being told that you need to turn off apps that maybe causing a conflict (but you can't do so without uninstalling and reinstalling) and general banging your head against the brick wall because the core product is slow to see improvement.

Bigcommerce growing rapidly as CMS

Overall as a developer i have been using this product from almost a year & found this product quite friendly even in setting up & in customizing it.

Pros

I have been customizing this product for my customers regularly & much familiar with underlying APIs & design. I found this product very helpful for someone who wants to grow business online. Here's the list of pros i observe from that product. Store management is very easy. Shipping handling is also quite easy. Its Secure Its give live support 24/7 All in one solution Its easy to customize API guide is too easy

Cons

Few of the cons i found if not there this product will grow more rapidly. Its limited theme library Its Lillie expensive for newbie

INCREDIBLE E-Commerce Platform... will NEVER use another!!!

Seamless. Minimal effort. When I need service, its there. Most times I can figure out everything I need using their online documentation and forums.

Pros

Simple and easy to use, but its Big Commerce's customer service that earns them the crown of King of E-Commerce platforms.

Cons

Not really a BAD thing, but they are always adding features that usually are of no use to me..... but hey, they work well for SOMEONE.

Bigcommerce Review

My overall experience with Bigcommerce is undoubtedly excellent. It would have been better if they considered to lower the price of this mesmerising software.

Pros

I loved the fact that I could easily build my site the way I want without coding a single line. It's easy for beginners to start designing your first e-commerce site even if you don't know how to build sites

Cons

I worst thing about this is I think it's overpriced. For the price it doesn't have that much features. The overall value doesn't match with the pricing

Affordable and Powerful for Small eCommerce Business

Pros

BigCommerce is quite easy to navigate. When we do have questions, their customer support team is generally pretty helpful.

Cons

We're currently navigating to a new theme and we've had some issues testing various apps in the provided sandbox. BigCommerce support team tries to be helpful, but they don't always have the answers we seek.

Love the shopping cart

Pros

I like the ease of use and the 24/7 customer service.

Cons

I think it is expensive for what you get. Also when I purchased it I was told that the tech team would understand that I needed assistance hooking up my affiliate panel to the system. They had no idea what I was talking about and I had to figure it out myself, which meant I paid for the system way before I could use it.

Great website

Great website. Nice looking templates and good with product variations.

Pros

Many choices for templates. Customer Service is great. Pretty user friendly. Cost is based on transactions. Great integrations with many programs.

Cons

It is a bit costly, but the features outweigh the cost. The integrations make set up easy for any user.

Easy to use, does everything I need it to

It helps us to manage our website and business

Pros

I have worked with BigCommerce with 2 different companies and they are by far the best and easiest way to maintain your website. The ability to monitor sales and inventory is so very useful on a day to day basis that I wouldn't use anything else. And any changes made to our listings is an immediate change. What a great way to manage our site!!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found anything that I dislike about it. There are always ways to improve but for what we're using it for, I love it.

Very good experience using Big Commerce everdy day: many features & great customization/integration

Pros

You can follow easily all your orders, changing the status with integration with other apps (for fraud control, order processing). You can extract data of your orders very fast also. Also you can customize the website template in many ways without many coding skills so that's a great plus.

Cons

I have a good experience but I would say that the software could have a better customer support (the interface as well as the help given, sometimes disappointing) when there are glitches for examples. Also, it should be possible to process orders directly on Big Commerce, just forwarding the order details to a supplier, but it does not have this feature for the moment.

Great product! Easy to use!

Works great for our online team store. Easy to use on both ends. I’ve recommended to others!

Pros

Very easy to use. Easily set up and display products on site.

Cons

We’ve recently had a number of people trying to hack the site and make purchases with fraudulent credit cards. As far as I’m aware there is no way to stop these purchases. Only one gas actually gone through, but we were able to catch it. They’ve tried hundreds of times. I’ve asked the question, but was told there’s no way to block or stop these issues.

Great platform for an ecommerce shoe store

I run an e-commerce shoe store and absolutely love BigCommerce. Their team is responsive, the apps are numerous, and Big Commerce is constantly pushing updates. My only complaint is that our product catalog is extensive and features many complex products. Big Commerce support of complex products is not the best.

Pros

Customer service, apps, speed, uptime, interface, integrations

Cons

Complex product support is weak

Lack of innovation

tech support is great. Would I make the change now that i know what I know about how big commerce just cares about apps and not making the features native I would have not picked them.

Pros

It is stable. User interface is good. Best Tech support I have ever had from a shopping cart.

Cons

Big Commerce is missing may native features that other shopping carts have already built in. The number one feature is instock notify you have to pay for and since they have apps for it they will never make it native. There store search is one of the worst but f you pay for a app you can get a better search. Also problem when you do find a app there is a big chance that support for the app is a hit or miss.

Solid eCommerce Shopping Cart that has more features out of the box than Shopify

Pros

Bigcommerce has more features out of the box than most any other shopping cart including Shopify. It's just the little things like being able to put custom messages like "ships in 1-2 days" on each product. Lot of product options that you see on larger big box websites. Cost is reasonable when compared to other solutions. Integrates with a ton of 3rd Party applications. Easy to find solutions to help you succeed.

Cons

There is a huge gap from mid tier plan to the enterprise solutions. The Pro and Enterprise Solutions include some features that are only accessible when you pay 3 times as much. Things such as faceted Search, so you can get a more "Amazon" like experience. We have experienced an overall reduction in site traffic since switching to Big C. We are not sure if this is because of how Google treats these sites in search, or if it's just that more and more people shop through marketplaces only. It's hard to say. 3rd Party App Marketplace is somewhat limited when compared to other solutions.

Great ecommerce solution, simple and easy to use

Simple out of the box solution for an ecommerce website

Pros

Easy to add products to sell, easy to customize the design and look and feel, easy to take orders. Paypal express checkout friendly

Cons

Some portions of site cannot be customized, and when setting up products with multiple size/color options, it can get tricky.

We use big commerce in our small business to manage our online store.

amateurs can run our online store

Pros

Easy to learn. We added online to our storefronts and we were able to easily train our existing employees to run this software.

Cons

There are some things that are hard to add. It's hard to add more sections. We post things on our blog because that is easier to manage

BigCommerce

Big support for hundreds of payment gateways. Large support of marketing tool available to cater your need.

Pros

It has huge built-in functionalities than any other site development in market. Large support for Amazon, Facebook and Instagram to sell and market your product.

Cons

UI is not so easy and its hard to edit your website sometimes due to its complicated interface. A big let down is that there is no mobile app available.

Easy to set up Ecommerce solution!

We use BigCommerce to reach new customers in a public climate. It helps us to grandstand our products effectively and successfully. Its surely a better option than Shopify.

Pros

To set up online stores that aren't hosted by us, we had a few options to choose from. Bigcommerce turned out to be a perfect solution: - Scalable as much as you need. - Its a hosted solution, so no worries about server maintenance and technical costs. - Most plans offer multiple payment options with no transaction fees whatsoever. - Has a lot of free templates to choose from. - CMS and SEO features fully integrated with it. - Discounts and other marketing features. - Unlimited digital or physical products. - Drag and Drop builder.

Cons

- New themes are pretty expensive to buy. - The cheapest plan has transaction fees. - Not the most user friendly design capabilities. - Terminology is little difficult for beginners and there is a learning curve.

A good choice

Overall they are a great choice as long as you stay under that threshold on sales so you dont get charged triple the price.

Pros

Easy to use, good options, Support is always amazing and there to help you

Cons

once you hit a sales threshold the price per month triples, not good for us small businesses

The best Online Platform to Build an eCommerce Business

My overall experience with BigCommerce is so nice because I have designed a number of online stores using BigCommerce. I really like the templates and all features of this platform.

Pros

BigCommerce is a powerful eCommerce platform that allows you to design a stunning online store. You can design with freedom using BigCommerce. Because the dashboard of BigCommerce is really awesome, easy to learn and understand.

Cons

As an eCommerce user and website developer I never faced any issues in BigCommerce. I found it so awesome for my business requirements without problems and cons.

Stable with solid support

Pros

The technical support has been terrific for the few issues we have encountered. The user interface is simple to learn, yet provides sufficient depth.

Cons

The price is by far the least attractive aspect to Bigcommerce, especially for a small business like we have.

BigCommerce helped me get online fast so I could start selling right away.

Pros

I like that BigCommerce is fairly easy to use. You don't need to be a web developer to get a basic website up and running.

Cons

BigCommerce lacks some functionality like bulk importing quantity pricing. This would be a big help for large inventory store. They offer basic themes, but in order to customize your store you need to pay extra for a better theme and will likely need help with customization from a developer.

Easy to use, good customer service.

Pros

I really like the customer service that BigCommerce offers. You can live chat with them at almost any time, and they can fix a lot of things remotely. It is very easy to use to do basic level e-commerce.

Cons

We have had a few weird glitches happen to our store, that the products disappear (but they've always been retrieved) and I think it's a bit expensive for a basic level. I also wish they offered a tiered system for options. For example, if you want envelopes you click here, then new dropdowns come down. We hired an engineer to help, and there were just some things that we couldn't do within the platform.

Is BigCommerce your best option?

It offers interesting functions and I have found it useful for web site design. I think that it is an expensive software compared to others and that you can find the functions it offers at a lower price.

Pros

I like its variety of spaces to manage a business and that it has the intention that everything can be done from the same app because it seems to be focused on companies that want to create a site to grow. Shipments are customized and its tax system offers great flexibility. It has interesting marketing tools and offers good search engine optimization. I also like that the payment type is customizable and has an interface that can be easily used

Cons

Their prices are increasing significantly compared to the competition. Do not listen to recommendations to add new and improved features. Is focused primarily on the U.S. market, leaving aside the rest of the world that is interested in its services.

I have been using Big Commerce for a couple years now. It is simple and easy to navigate.

Benefits include ease of use.

Pros

For a beginner, it is user friendly and prices reasonably. It is easy to list items for the most part.

Cons

The only thing I would say is a little more cumbersome, is when listing variations. It has a few too many steps involved.

We have 2 sites with Big Commerse

Pros

Super easy to set up. You can customize as much as you want. Easy integration capabilities. Custom service and support is excellent.

Cons

It has more features than we need. I cant think of negatives, we really like working with Big Commerce.