BigCommerce Reviews - Page 3

Very feature-packed, especially for the price. Bigcommerce has a lot to offer!

Excellent ecommerce. Possibly the best I've ever experienced, but that's hard to claim as everyone has different needs, but Bigcommerce certainly works extremely well for us. The entry-level plans are way worth the cost and allow many businesses at any size level to utilize BC to their advantage

Pros

-Price for what you get is outstanding -Entry-level features aren't barebones like you might see w/ other alternatives -Excellent customer support staff - helpful, timely, & efficient -Ease of use is great, makes it easier for us to onboard new employees, which is always great -The developer community is something nice to tap into as well as contribute to -Stock templates are excellent -Very reliable platoform

Cons

This isn't an issue for us, because we have a few dev's on hand, but you really might want to have a developer if you're going to use Bigcommerce AND you want a fully-customized website. Keep in mind if this is something in your needs.

Great simple shopping cart with good options and a useful API

It saves us time and energy managing the online sales side of our business.

Pros

This shopping cart just works. It manages inventory on a simple level, but we integrated it with FIshbowl Inventory, and the API connection has been rock solid with it capturing all the inventory changes, and capturing all of the sales and inventory financial data in Quickbooks. Good optional and kit product functionality as well.

Cons

It's a little more expensive than other offerings, but if it never fails then it saves us money in the time we don't have to spend fixing things.

One of the Best CRM Options for Small Businesses

Pros

BigCommerce may at first feel like a splurge with its price, but it backs quite a punch with all that the software can offer. It offers some of the best web integrations that I have seen, and makes it incredibly seamless to create a website and manage orders, shipments, and customer profiles and communication. It's well-worth the sticker price! Customer service is also top-notch and quick to answer questions or problems.

Cons

The price is higher than a lot of comparable software systems, which can be a drawback, but it is worth building the price into the system.

They cover up a lot of their functionality by offering 3rd party apps

We're stuck in their system pretty deep

Pros

The shopping cart works and the inventory and checkout process are generally useable

Cons

Improving sitespeed and optimizing are out of your hands and basically impossible, even at enterprise level

Got love Ecommerce which is a pleasure on Big Commerce

Pros

Bigcommerce was one of the first platforms I used after moving from Joomla back in 2011. It has been nothing but great experience with bigcommerce. I always find myself using them over and over again for my clients since they are easy to use for customers on the dashboard side and simple design. There would be no other platform I would use for e-commerce!

Cons

I don't like the themes which sometimes can be frustrating. Even if pay for the designs the designers take forever to respond which can be a deal breaker. I usually will fix the problem myself but for those who don't code it will be very frustrating!

I currently use Bigcommerce for 2 web stores that I manage.

Pros

The amount of customization that designers are able to implement. There are quite a lot of really nice features that help improve load speeds on mobile devices which saves a lot of custom code

Cons

missing some key features like a built-in recurring billing option for customers The built-in email system isn't the greatest but you can have things like MailChimp plugin pretty seamless

Bigcommerce review

Its excellent platform for e-commerce websites.It has many features API docs are also good.

Pros

- Its stencil theme is great. - Its also secure as it does not allow the access to PHP files. - Its very easy to use and understand. - Its new feature of GraphQl is also good.

Cons

- Its plan are very costly for small businesses. - guide for new features is not clear to understand in documentation

One of the best Ecomm CMS's!

My clients use this for managing their website content and I do their SEO.

Pros

I like how much I can control with my SEO for product and category pages with this CMS compared to most of the competition.

Cons

I don't like how there are still basic SEO functions that are difficult to navigate with BigCommerce. However, compared to almost all of the competition, BigCommerce is one of the best.

Very Efficient but needs to integrate with more softwares

Pros

I love how efficient this platform is and it's also very intuitive

Cons

BigCommerce isn't compatible with a lot of platforms, which is why we ultimately ended up switching to Shopify

Easy to Use - but Costly and Limited

It isn't self hosted and there's a lot of associated costs. This is good and bad: you aren't entirely on your own but you'll pay for that. If you're willing to accept the costs and limitations, you can really lean into the things Big Commerce does well.

Pros

Big Commerce makes it very easy to get an online shopping platform up and running. It's very quick and the platform will make it easy to handle shopping carts, merchant providers, taxes, shipping - you name it. It's a turnkey solution and it does that very well.

Cons

You're completely limited with Big Commerce - this isn't a self hosted solution, so you're paying for everything. And everything is an extra - shop themes to redesign your user experience, revenue tracking, it really feels like the entire experience is designed to funnel you toward paying more money. To be fair, there aren't really "hidden costs" here - but the finer points of managing your shop are behind additional paywalls.

One of the best eCommerce platforms out there!!!

Pros

How easy it is to setup, applying a theme, adding products.. The whole package is very simple to get your online shop up and running and selling to your customers. The UI is very easy to use.

Cons

It's mainly towards US customers, as some aspects are not supported for the UK pound yet. They could do with more themes compared to other platforms out there.

Great ecommerce tool, one of the most comprehensive and they keep innovating

Modern and powerful shop builder, it has all the features that we need

Pros

The tool has a great value for money and very advanced options for our business We really see that the team is quite versed with ecommerce, and keeps innovating in the right direction

Cons

It is SO painful to log in! if you have subscribed to different sub-tools within the BC ecosystem (partner portal, webinars, shop...) no way you can do a successful log in on your first attempt! all tools are sharing the same login page and it will never get which one you are trying to access

Nice, reliable hosted website platform

Pros

Bigcommerce has built a great platform for hosted websites. It made the setup process easy and efficient allowing us to utilize valuable time elsewhere.

Cons

Had an issue with Bigcommerce billing practices. The representative would not refund after repeatedly requesting cancellation. Unfortunately, I ultimately had to file a credit card charge back.

NONE of my expectations met

BigCommerce has met NONE of my expectations and all I’ve asked for is basic functionality. They constantly steer me toward expensive apps that do not integrate seamlessly. Every app I’ve installed has caused a problem with another app or the native functionality of the platform. Simple desires have been turned into nightmares and BigCommerce has offered no support. They also refuse to assign us an account manager even though we’re an enterprise customer. I beg you, DO NOT sign up for one of their plans. You will regret it.

Pros

BigCommerce has a minimal learning curve. I breezed though the backend even on my first day using it.

Cons

BigCommerce charges WAY too much when all they really offer is the ability to integrate with other apps which also charge way too much. Their platform is a rabbit hole.

Great software thats come a long ways

Pros

I have used this software for years and it has really improved. Very user friendly

Cons

There are still some weird integrations with google shopping and some other platforms

A+ ecommerce platform for your business

Pros

I love everything about BigCommerce! After migrating from another ecommerce platform, we were stunned by the level of control we have over our site. Our previous provider did not allow its users to access the robots.txt file and wouldn't allow us fix our amp pages but BigCommerce gives you full control of those features.

Cons

I wish I could arrange the links on the admin page because I find it's hard to find what I'm looking for while using the drop-down menus.

I use Big Commerce every day for my job.

Able to do my job easily.

Pros

This software seems to be very easy to use. Very simple setup and easy to manage. I've had to teach people to use the program which went very smoothly.

Cons

The one negative thing about this program would be the lack of functions. I think there should be more options available.

Options That Can Apply to Many Products

I had access to customer service whenever I needed it and customer service was knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

Our products all have length options, price options, etc. I liked that I could create one option set - for example, I could set all of the lengths we had and the price increase for each length- and then apply that to multiple products as opposed to having to go into each individual product and creating options. It sped up the process of setting up our shopping cart.

Cons

There was nothing I did not like about this software.

Why We Switched two websites over to Bigcommerce from eCommerce and Kyozou!

Very Professional, this company is top notch! The Head Honcho from the company actually cares about his products. We have been with them for almost 5 month now and we see a huge difference in sales as compared to our old sites. There are a tone of features build in (i.e, Daily Google Base Feeds, free SSL Certificates, free keyword optimization) along with actual detailed Help Videos that tell you what you need to do to use the features. When we first sign up, we were invited to a free teleconference seminar, where an actual person was on the other side, answering questions and showing us where to begin. Well For us comming from OSCOMMERCE its been awhile since we were able to speak with an actual person.

Pros

A couple of things that I personally like about Bigcommerce is the easy Youtube integration. The ability to sell on Facebook with the Bigcommerce social shop. NO hidden fees. And most important of all: How Easy it is to use. + They Listen!!

Cons

Maybe this is asking a little too much, again comming from no live tech support from oscommerce. Live Tech Support is only from 8 to 6pm. But they actually have Tech Support Available from 9 - 2pm, and 24 Hours through their on-line support system.

Overall good

Affordable multi-channel listing product.

Pros

We started using this software to do multi-channel listing on our own website and on ebay. It was fairly easy to setup, and the customer service was excellent. Some good basic free templates. The more custom templates are not badly priced either. Order management was easy.

Cons

It was a bit tricky to get it to sync with ebay, and there was a little bit of a lack of features. All the listings always go up as a Good Till Canceled, where it would be nice to chose between GTC and 30 day listings. The title for each item has to be different, and with what we sell a lot of items are substantially similar enough to have the same title. Had to put the SKU in the title to overcome this which I am not crazy about.

Big commerce is a simple ecommerce platform and you can be up and running same day

Pros

It has the best way to provide a google shopping feed I have ever seen. It makes it quick and simple with regular updates.

Cons

There isnt a lot of 3rd party type customizations. It feels like you are limited by what "comes in the box" per say.

Strong but could use a few improvements. WordPress integration!

We are happy and will continue working with it.

Pros

It feels bulletproof and everything is very secure. We are excited about the new WordPress integration.

Cons

The checkout. The merchandising abilities (showing what, when, how per category).

awesome app!

Pros

the software is very easy to use and it allows anyone with some computer skill to put a professional website together.

Cons

some of the apps are very expensive and this is a huge con because of the high overhead this creates

A batter place for eCommerce business

Pros

BigCommerce provides superb product customization capabilities for displaying product specifications. It also has a user-friendly admin interface and a slew of new features that make it simple to organize the store. It truly is an excellent eCommerce platform for small business owners.

Cons

The subscription fee is rather expensive. On the other side, it's wonderful!

Amazing E commerce software

Overall i can say its excellent for big and middle size business as we can add thousands of products easily.

Pros

Backend of bigcommerce is very user friendly and easy to understand

Cons

i dont think i dislike anything about bigcommerce