BigCommerce Reviews - Page 5

Great easy way to create a new online commcerce website!

I love using bigcommerce, it is fast, user friendly and very easy to learn and get comfortable with in no time! I have already started working on other commerce sites with ease and comfort.

Pros

Very fast and easy, step by step with the ability to make it your own unique store online. I was able to put together a good ecommerce website within 24 hours from scratch.

Cons

It has a lot of menus and sub menus for site preferences that can be tedious on a first time user,

BigCommerce Scores BIG for BuyAirbrushes.com

Alright, so first things first. BigCommerce is a freaking God send when it comes to hosted online store apps. The interface is simple to navigate, the template system is well organized and easy to customize and the customer support is top notch. We just switched our store to BigCommerce from a competitor and couldn't be happier. We've been selling online for almost 5 years now, so getting us to change software was no easy task. But, after digging into what BigCommerce offered, it was pretty much a no-brainer to make the switch. If you're in the market for an eCommerce platform.... You've gotta check these guys out!!!!

Pros

Ease of use Elegant design Simple to customize SUPER AFFORDABLE

Cons

The only thing that this software is missing is integration with a shipping software like Endicia or Shiprush. However, I've heard that it's coming with the next release.

ability to bring my business online - ECOM

Ability to bring my brick and mortar business online and start gaining sales through other outlets and online.

Pros

The price point is decent for what it is. Has all the tools needed to bring my products online and to then be able to ship nation wide.

Cons

The interface is not very easy to navigate. I don't think much UI / UX testing was done when this was built out. Needs to be improved to continue to grow and compete with Shopify.

E-Commerce SAAS

Pros

Bigcommerce is the SAAS e-commerce service provider. You can use it to sell physical as well as digital good online. It has customized subscription plans to fit everyone's need. You choose from a list of templates and start selling online. Its Order Management features are really good.

Cons

They limit your sales based on your subscriptions plan, if your sales increase the limit, you will be shifted to a higher subscription plan.

Big Commerce easily allows us to fulfill orders and review order status

Pros

I love the "choose an action" option that allows you to handle various tasks at once. I also really like how easy it is to identify and organize orders by their status, and the color coding.

Cons

I do not like how it is incomaptible with our order processing system. I wish it were able to communicate with our sales application to save time on order entry.

Be careful to check all required features and (lack of) support!

Overall BigCommerce might be the market leader, but we're finding too many problems with the software and very slow support. Eg. freight is a BIG issue in our case, as our company is selling bulky and heavy items, where a miscalculated price may be costing us quickly in excess of $50 on a single order. • the system cannot handle "cubed weight" (by volume instead of weight) as charged by many transport...

Pros

+ Looks easy - but looks are deceiving. Still fine for a limited product range and simple merchandise.

Cons

- Shipping calculation only works for small items (fine to sell phone sleeves or swimwear) - Support often takes over 1 week to resolve a problem - Software bugs take a long time to be acknowledged and even longer to be solved

Good platform, easy to use

Pros

Packed full of features and integrated plugins and apps with no expert knowledge required. It is cheaper than Shopify and has everything you need to implement a successful eCommerce business.

Cons

Still more expensive than regular hosting but with all the bells and whistles it is actually a good value, especially for someone without website knowledge.

Taram Services

Pros

Muito satisfeito, com os servicios. Productos fácil de usar

Cons

Não, está tudo en orden, não vejo inconveniencia nenhuma..

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Started using last year, like it compared to other top platforms

Pros

No transaction/set up fees, robust in terms of platforms you can sell on, support is top notch and responsive. I call it the "Wordpress" of ecommerce

Cons

Not many free themes to choose from, and those that are free aren't very good, so you'll need to plan on paying for a nice theme and setup. Can be pricey depending on which tier you fall into.

Not the best

Pros

The only thing I really liked was the tracking

Cons

Hard to setup, very confusing layout. Not easy for everyone to use

Not bad ecommerce platform for small retailers

Pros

Easy of use. The platform is not that advanced, and anyone can work with it.

Cons

We were not able to manage omnichannel there.

Get's the Job Done, But Lacks in Many Areas

Pros

Big commerce has the appeal of most e-commerce platforms, mainly being that you can setup an online store with relative ease and security. This obviously saves a lot of time and money rather than building a store from scratch with a team of developers.

Cons

I must say I was not very impressed with big commerce every time I've used them. Having used Shopify for several years, I got very spoiled with their ease of use and powerful coding languages (mainly Liquid). Big commerce was not very developer friendly, I found it's interface and documentation to be rather lacking and a bit difficult to navigate through. Sometimes making an "easy" change felt like it took far too long on this platform.

Good for getting up and running.

Pros

Its a good platform if you are just starting out or just want to get up and running quickly. Most other e-commerce platforms you have to buy, install and manage plugins or add-ons to get your store fully functional. BigCommerce includes majority of your important e-commerce needs already.

Cons

If you have complex products or product options there will be somewhat limited flexibility, customization and support without a developer on your team. At the current time, the app marketplace is rather lacking when it comes to adding additional functionality or integrations to your store, majority of the apps are marketing and inventory based and come with additional monthly fees. Definitely use the trial period to make sure it will suit all your needs before committing.

Good value for price

Learning the system can be a little overwhelming at first as there are a lot of settings you can turn on/off depending on what you want. Their online support help could be a little better (having to repeat yourself after you've filled out the form of what you need) - but they do answer promptly.

Pros

No coding Easy processing of orders Emails customers on your behalf when you change status of their order

Cons

Our storefront can't run directly on our non-profit website (like a plugin), only works as a link.

Good but Not Great

Overall I'd say that it does the job and it's good

Pros

What I like about Bigcommerce and the reason we have our online store with them is that they integrate with shopkeep our instore processing system.

Cons

I also have another store I own with their competition and I'd have to say that their software is much easier to use with more apps in their app store.

love it

The ease and themes were beautiful

Pros

The ease of Big Commerce and the fact I can drag and drop customer service is always helpful and the team makes sure you have what you need in apps

Cons

Cons not a lot of suppliers but some work for you and some of them don't depends on what you are selling online.

Good Value

We switched platforms and have been really pleased with Big Commerce. This platform has a lot of features built into it that you would have to pay for an app to use elsewhere. It includes cart abandonment software, real time shipping estimates, a cart countdown to free shipping, it's fully integrated with Avalara, and the list goes on. Also there are several credit card processors that are compatible so you can shop for better rates easily. This alone save us thousands of dollars last year. The customer support has been excellent. They are extremely helpful in terms of getting the most out of the platform.

Cons

Could work for the right use case

Pros

I used the free trial as I was looking for an ecommerce platform, for our growing company. It is a great place to get started, I feel like they did the simple things very well, and would be great as your ecommerce company is getting up and running.

Cons

I needed more guts than what they offer. There are other platforms that offered features and functionality that we needed as we are growing. If there are additional features it not as intuitive enough to find and build.

Meh. It gets the job done

Pros

Great price for the product, easy to configure, lots of seo integration and cart recovery isn’t an additional cost

Cons

Adding products is so time consuming. The templates aren’t as pretty and clean as other shopping carts, but it gets the job done

Wonderfull e-commerce platform

Pros

I really like it's order management system.

Cons

I would say i found it little bit expensive.

Turnkey E-commerce Solution

Was a good overall trial of using an E-commerce store.

Pros

Overall was fairly easy to use with lots of features to help with getting an online store setup. Easy to use integration with there add one for shopping cart, payment etc...

Cons

Bit too pricy for a small mom and pop operation.

It powers our Online Store!

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use and all the features for listing your products are wonderful. Our storefront is full

Cons

When I first started using the software I had trouble with uploading images, but with more use and getting familiar, it's not too bad.

their design partners design skills in my opinion are mediocre

It's just ok I have a simple store. My issue with BG is all of the "have our design partners" design your site promo. And their design partners design skills in my opinion are mediocre. I designed my site and took days to figure out their coding file systems and to decipher their %global% meanings to finally get the look I want of my site and it's a simple design but professional. You can't even ask...

Pros

It's cheap.

Cons

Read the first section. You can't edit the mobile site design. You can finally edit the email templates but again it's in the %global% jargon only way to see the email look is to do a test account = time wasting.

good if you want to scale

Pros

so we move from Magento to Bigcommerce and the only reason is that the open source in our case make it more complicated to move forward and scale

Cons

you're limited with the amount of customization you're able to do

Not a fan

Pros

Product was reliable. Everything tech wise seemed to work fine for the shopper, no problems there at all.

Cons

Bulky. Tripped over itself way too much. Everything wanted us to upgrade and then it still wasn't worth it.