Concrete CMS Reviews - Page 2

Well-implemented, clean code and good modular approach!

For secure and well-written code, and a solid, logical module approach, this is a unique solution, and has been reliable for many years already.

Pros

Concrete5 CMS is written by those who love clean, secure code. Especially if you are wishing to write your own PHP code for special requirements, C5 is really the most solid and affordable solution out there!

Cons

The marketplace is smaller than other CMS like Wordpress.

The best CMS on the market for the moment

from simple one pager to complex applications

Pros

Inline Editing, Workflows, Permissions, packaging system

Cons

Documentation is really bad, for developer and enduser

Most agile CMS web solution

Intriguing awesome learning and production deployment of Human Resource Management Information System on Concrete5 CMS

Pros

Easy to set up content management system that takes very little web server resources

Cons

It has fewer themes and plugins needed to bring variety of choice

Maybe Aptly Named for Non-Developers

I use a particular blogging/CMS platform for most projects but it is not necessarily suitable for every project. On numerous occasions I've tried to build a project out on Concrete 5 but meet with both usability challenges and prohibitive costs to integrate features.

Pros

I like the notion that Concrete 5 can be a replacement or alternative to CMSes like Joomla, Drupal, WordPress and others. I like the ways others have taken ideas and realized them with Concrete 5. My own efforts over the past few years have been amatuerish. Concrete 5 has remained a hobby.

Cons

Usability challenges and prohibitive costs to integrate features. The platform is not easy to learn. The theming system is considered robust by some but doesnt have a wide range of good-looking affordable themes. The free ones are not easy to modify. Concrete 5 has plugins but they are costly to implement and the selection is not as wide-ranging as those for other CMSes like Drupal, WordPress or Joomla.

Works as expected, a bit resource intensive

I've used this software for my own companies as well as a few client websites. There are improvements to be made.

Pros

I generally found Concrete5 to be easy to install and quite extensible. There are a variety of themes available to customize the look of the site.

Cons

It is quite resource intensive. Errors in configuration may require a rollback to a prior backup. Some old extensions are still on the marketplace that are not compatible with the current version and aren't well marked what version they apply to.

Best CMS I've ever used, very flexible

Pros

Allows you to build a website exactly how you envision it. You are forced to structure your site to fit it's framework - Concrete5 is very flexible to your needs. Extending C5 is also very straight forward. The in-context editor is extremely easy for non-tech users to use. IMO, it's the best user experience compared to all other website editor type CMS with in-context editing.

Cons

Not as many developers making plugins/extensions like for other tools like Wordpress. That said, if you are technical you could port a Wordpress plugin to Concrete5 fairly easily.

Obsolete

We were happy at the outset of our Concrete5 journey, but it didn't last long making us feel we were thrown into the ocean wearing concrete shoes as support was no longer available to fix problems on our site. Needless to say we did not have our website rebuilt in Concrete5. None of the vendors with reasonable rates even recommended using this platform for creating a website.

Pros

When our website was first built in this software we were thrilled. It was truly an upgrade from our former site. We could fairly easily make updates and changes. The website looked good, was mobile responsive (though not without issue) and was able to handle some plug-ins for some of the things we needed our site to be able to do.

Cons

Our site was built on a version that was already on the fast track to becoming obsolete. This was something we did not know, I'm not sure if the vendor we selected to build our site new that it was about to expire. At any rate, we had spent thousands of dollars to get this beautiful site and once it expired in 2019 we had no option but to start again from scratch. Costing our organization a great deal of hard earned donations.

The greatest CMS

As a web developer, two considerations are important when chosing a CMS. The first is the codebase, the quality of the core code. It technically up to date, well structured and the security is up to date. The second point to take into consideration is the usability for the user of a CMS. concrete5 has a very well thought and designed "In Page Editing" feature which makes it easy also for non experienced users to create and maintain their website easily. I can highly recommend concrete5 as a very powerful yet easy to handle CMS

Pros

CLean & good code structure, Easy to create a website.

Cons

None!

Thanks!

Great CMS

Projects reach from standard websites that need CMS-functionality to portals with a lot of individual customization

Pros

It has a wide range of features and can be easily customized and extended. Concrete5 serves as a framework.

Cons

It is not known very much in Germany, so it might happen that you have discussions in the selection process and have to prove more than with other systems that this CMS is the right choice.

Amazing Website Editing Experience!!!

Open-Source with MIT License, soure code provided and is free, many blocks available and it can easily be modified to have different look and feel.

Pros

Drag and Drop editor, customization of blocks and layouts is a piece of cake. Really don't think that I would live without this software.

Cons

No mature ecommerce package available for this software, there is package but is outdated. It could have an ecommerce package that would but as awesome as the CMS.

Wordpress beater

Pros

The ease of use of Concrete5 is its defining feature. The CMS can be created to be as complicated or as simple as required but the overal use for the editor remains fairly simple.

Cons

Documentation for developers could really be better but the Concrete5 team have acknowledged this and have committed to improve it so I am hopng that it wont be long before this is rectified

Intuitive website creation

Pros

Creating a website was really quick and easy. In addition, Concrete 5 is very customisable with many theme choices.

Cons

Concrete 5 is a CMS, which may require more storage space than a hard coded HTML and CSS website. In addition, it requires a database.

Good functionalities

Positive experience. We have used it for a project and also decided to use it for other similar projects because it is very easy to deploy

Pros

Very easy to use. A project can get running in no time. Very intuitive and good numebr of themes available

Cons

Limited amount of plugins for some specific purposes

Awesome, Professional.....Good for programming dumb like me

I need a website that is responsive to the customer with choices of theme and concrete5 served it.

Pros

Drag and Drop, What you see is what you get, Fast and simple to understand procedure

Cons

It consumes a bit too much storage and too little choices of font.

Scaling with CMS with Concrete5

Its the best CMS service if you want to scale content management in your application

Pros

Easy integration and good marketplace to get the third party integrations, also has the best templates for landing pages

Cons

Need more channels for seeking support service at the moment we using slack which is not easy to track messages

A brilliant CMS solution for the real web developer

Pros

If you're a web developer, this is a powerful solution for building a content management system without tricking a blog into being a website and without building a solution from scratch.

Cons

It's not as quick to get up and running as say a WordPress site, but the customizability and efficiency of not having to trick the system to do something it's not really made for is well worth it.

Concrete5 has all you need to get the job done!

We've been using Concrete5 for many years for one of our youth summer camp programs. I have very limited website management/design experience. But I find that Concrete5 has easy to use interface that allows me to change and update pages with little to no issue. In all the years we've been using Concrete5, there have been no major issues that would make me considering using different software. Very happy with this software!

Pros

Easy to use Updated regularly Free Customer resources for issues

Cons

If I were to pick ANY con, it would be that there isn't a more customer service. But I've never felt like any issue I've had didn't have resources to solve the issue.

Concrete5 is fast to setup and looks amazing while being very easy to use

Fast setup and easy to use. Just enough expansion to make everything work the way we needed it to.

Pros

Its ease of use and high quality looks. It has just enough addons to make everything work as it should and the community is there for you if you have any issues. Plus, since it is open source you can make changes where you need to or even make your own addons.

Cons

The addons market is a little on the small side, but Concrete5 is growing fast and that won't always be the issue. The ones that are there are of high quality.

Easy, drag and drop type of website creator

Pros

Concrete5 allows its users a sweat-free creation of a website. It’s versatile and simple. Being a content producer, I am tasked to create websites to promote our clients and their offers. Concrete5 has helped me achieve that goal without the need for coding.

Cons

Package is good but outdated. Bugs are also noted a few times. Besides that, it still works better than other similar software. Still gets the job done easily and without much hassle.

Not much to compare it to, but it works for me!

I did not choose it, but have learned to work with it. It meets my needs adequately. Any shortcoming that I have with the website are due to the design and not the CMS.

Pros

It's user-friendly for those who are not technologically savvy.

Cons

Custom modules are difficult to create and implement for an intermediate-level user/admin.

Great balance between power and ease of use

My business often recommends this CMS instead of WordPress for novices.

Pros

Easy for novices to use. Easy to build custom plugins and widgets WYSIWYG editing

Cons

"Under the hood" documentation is lacking.

Quality vs price

A developer has to make a living, but some of the much needed add-ons for concrete5 are very expensive compared to other counterpart CMS systems. I like some of the features including active dev forums, but it also still has a lot of bugs and limitations. They just made a huge update not to long ago that really nullifies anything you are running previously.

Cons

I'd love to know which add-ons you're referring to? Generally concrete5 ships with far more in the box than most of our competition. Advanced permissions, caching, even bulk SEO tools are all built right in.

Not very intuitive

I am not impressed. I would highly recommend another software.

Pros

Not a lot to like. It is very basic. I guess that could be a pro to some that are looking for a DOS version of website development.

Cons

I have used other website maintenance and development products such as WordPress. You do not have all the ‘bells and whistles’ as others for a more professional, polished look. I.e., adding a button for a link - you need to link the words ‘click here’ instead. That should pretty much sum it up.

Happy to use it

Pros

It is very easy to use, very easy to set up, very easy to develop

Cons

I am not pretty sure, there are not any special part that I am not satisfied...

The best CMS

I've been using concrete5 for years, and I've been always happy with it. I love its powerful features, it's simplicity, its flexibility and its user friendliness.

thx